United SBB1 Tour Blade

used balls

Absolutely Stunning Japan Forged Blade
Stopped into the The Golf Mechanic's shop today and was blown away by a gorgeous set of UNITED SBB1 Tour Blades. Matt said they were the best looking set of blades at the PGA Merchandise show. I was curious to see how they felt he had a 6 iron shafted with a MODUS 120 TX shaft I had to try it. Took it out to the range for a demo. WOW!!!! is an understatement of how good these felt and how amazing they look at address, not to mention how stunning the backs looked CNC milled from s25c with a gun metal finish. I was SOLD he's building me 4-PW tomorrow can't wait to game them. The SBB1 Tours are JAPAN forged I believe the rest of the line is forged in China, a great line from driver to wedge. I posted a link to UNITED's site below...

http://www.united-golf.com/sbb1_tour.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='used balls' timestamp='1329539621' post='4314229']
Stopped into the The Golf Mechanic's shop today and was blown away by a gorgeous set of UNITED SBB1 Tour Blades. Matt said they were the best looking set of blades at the PGA Merchandise show. I was curious to see how they felt he had a 6 iron shafted with a MODUS 120 TX shaft I had to try it. Took it out to the range for a demo. WOW!!!! is an understatement of how good these felt and how amazing they look at address, not to mention how stunning the backs looked CNC milled from s25c with a gun metal finish. I was SOLD he's building me 4-PW tomorrow can't wait to game them. The SBB1 Tours are JAPAN forged I believe the rest of the line is forged in China, a great line from driver to wedge. I posted a link to UNITED's site below...

[url="http://www.united-golf.com/sbb1_tour.html"]http://www.united-go.../sbb1_tour.html[/url]
[/quote]

Matt built me a set of Yonex Ezone mb's with C-Tapers and an Ezone 380 driver with a Tour AD 9003S and I have nothing but the most respect for him and his abilities. After seeing the above post yesterday, I called him and I'm considering this too.
How did a pure strike feel...any comparisons?...I've recently played MP68's and now Yonex Ezone mb's.

Thx,
Anthony

I'm in awe!!! I never thought I would be hitting a blade again. I have to admit at first it was more of an impulse buy, seeing how gorgeous they looked. But then I hit them as a demo and thought wow ther'ye not so bad or hard to hit after all. And now playing 3 rounds with them I can honestly say they're amazing. Everything about the performance is A+ (feel, flight, distance control etc...) probably the BEST INVESTMENT!!!!!!!!! I've made in a while. If you are someone who plays blades you will be overwhelmingly satisfied with these irons..
Matt has a set he just put together with Monaco's and NO1 grips the copper shaft and gun metal heads look sick... I'm a little jealous but still very happy with the MODUS TX's....

[quote name='awmobjects' timestamp='1330306667' post='4383661']

[url="http://www.united-golf.com/sbb1_tour.html"]http://www.united-go.../sbb1_tour.html[/url]
[/quote]

Matt built me a set of Yonex Ezone mb's with C-Tapers and an Ezone 380 driver with a Tour AD 9003S and I have nothing but the most respect for him and his abilities. After seeing the above post yesterday, I called him and I'm considering this too.
How did a pure strike feel...any comparisons?...I've recently played MP68's and now Yonex Ezone mb's.

Thx,
Anthony
[/quote]

[quote name='used balls' timestamp='1330318902' post='4385489']
I'm in awe!!! I never thought I would be hitting a blade again. I have to admit at first it was more of an impulse buy, seeing how gorgeous they looked. But then I hit them as a demo and thought wow ther'ye not so bad or hard to hit after all. And now playing 3 rounds with them I can honestly say they're amazing. Everything about the performance is A+ (feel, flight, distance control etc...) probably the BEST INVESTMENT!!!!!!!!! I've made in a while. If you are someone who plays blades you will be overwhelmingly satisfied with these irons..
Matt has a set he just put together with Monaco's and NO1 grips the copper shaft and gun metal heads look sick... I'm a little jealous but still very happy with the MODUS TX's....

[quote name='awmobjects' timestamp='1330306667' post='4383661']

[/quote]

Thx,
Anthony
[/quote]
[/quote]

yes, I'm considering the Monaco's in an X Stiff...will make up my mind in the a.m..

http://www.united-golf.com/sbb1_tour.html
[/quote]
Good for you, give my best to Matt. How do they compare to the af302? I was looking at those (I cant ever seem to find enough forged cb's, despite the three exta sets sitting in my study). If you've hit epon, yonex or prgr would love to hear your thoughts.

153 Roddio M6s
Spoon Roddio F7s
Cleek Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybrid ut i7s
705 5-A Muziik Bangvoo
213 54/60 Muziik Bangvoo
SC Kombi S

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely sticks. I think it's a UK owned company, very nice iron designs. But I'd rather wait a few years for their rep to grow before spending high end prices on them.[quote name='used balls' timestamp='1329539621' post='4314229']

[/quote]

Yamaha v202 Tour Diamana x 70
Yamaha V14 diamana stinger
RC 305V 18* diamana X 70
Yonex MB 3-P Nippon ORA
Zodia chiba masterpiece/spb
Epon Zen

• 1 year later...

Talked to Matt (thegolfmechanic) and found out that SBB1s are forged from Kyoei (Vega, Scratch, Whitlam, Geotech, ...etc). I was on the verge of building a set of Scratch SB1s but now Matt's building me a set of SBB1s with Recoil Prototype 110 F4.

I've tried many JDM forged irons (Vega, Miura, Fourteen, Epon, Honma, Geotech, Yururi, Maruman, etc) but I love the Kyoei feel - they're the most buttery of all forged clubs. My Vega RAF-CM and T50 heads are amazing.

cjoe

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my United SBB1s with UST Recoil Prototype 110 F4 shafts. These clubs are simply gorgeous. I just gamed them today. They are buttery soft and super stable. On a smooth easy swing these clubs are 1.5-2 club lengths longer than my current gamers (Vega T50 with Fuji Rombax 115 S). Matt did a great job on these. They simply look the business. Thanks for looking.

P6240291.jpgP6240290.jpg

P6240287.jpgP6240293.jpg

P6240294.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just bought mine off the BST and had one round of indoor golf on them. They are softer feeling than my Honma TW717M and size/feel wise is very close to the Adams Mb2.

i got mine in the black PVD finish and it looks amazing!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOyY_1TDqIsenymIG7gjqQ30pe2h9ytJCshcWI0/

[size=3][b]Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)[/b][/size]
[color=#000000][size=3]TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 [/size][/color][size=3][color=#000000]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19[/size][/color][size=3][color=#000000] | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6[/color]

[b]Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)[/b]
[color=#000000]Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35[/color][/size]

I bought a set from the bst as well (making2'sand3's---he is awesome to work with. So helpful and has amazing stuff). But I bought just the SBB1s. My understanding is that they are slightly larger and slightly more forgiving than the tours.

Anyway, they are awesome. Very soft and very clean looking. I liked them so much I picked up some vega wedges to go along with them: 50 vw10, 54 vw2, 58 vw2.

I never would have tried this stuff if it were not for Golfwrx.

I'm going to put them through the gauntlet to see if they can knock my trusty 714 AP2s out of my bag.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

I bought a set from the bst as well (making2'sand3's---he is awesome to work with. So helpful and has amazing stuff). But I bought just the SBB1s. My understanding is that they are slightly larger and slightly more forgiving than the tours.

Anyway, they are awesome. Very soft and very clean looking. I liked them so much I picked up some vega wedges to go along with them: 50 vw10, 54 vw2, 58 vw2.

I'm going to put them through the gauntlet to see if they can knock my trusty 714 AP2s out of my bag.

I just picked up a set from him as well. SBB1's with the matte black recoil 110 proto's. I figure worst case I pull the proto's. From what I read here should be awesome as is!!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

I just picked up a set from him as well. SBB1's with the matte black recoil 110 proto's. I figure worst case I pull the proto's. From what I read here should be awesome as is!!

I saw those as well. They look awesome. I play steelfibers in my 714s so they intrigued me. Let me know how it goes with them! Good luck!

Nice pics!

How did you play?

5 over front and 9 over back. That rough is tough!!

That's good to hear mtex. Since you and I are alike in that we switch clubs frequently. I am thoroughly enjoying the United SBB1 tours I picked up. Pleasantly surprised I may add

Im a huge Cowboy fan too!! Still bummed out from the loss but excited about the future

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

I bought a set of UNITED SBB1s with matte black recoil prototypes 110 from him too ???

Nice pics!

How did you play?

5 over front and 9 over back. That rough is tough!!

That's good to hear mtex. Since you and I are alike in that we switch clubs frequently. I am thoroughly enjoying the United SBB1 tours I picked up. Pleasantly surprised I may add

Im a huge Cowboy fan too!! Still bummed out from the loss but excited about the future

Nice round!

That rough reminds me of the rough at the TPC. It was like a half stroke penalty if you missed the fairway.

I bought a set of UNITED SBB1s with matte black recoil prototypes 110 from him too ???

I think a few of us did.

The ones I have are shafted with shimada tour mid shafts. I'm not sure I like the shafts yet since I play steelfibers. I may reshaft them. I need to play a few more rounds with them.

I got the vega wedges in as well. So far, I like them a lot. I like the forged feel. That's why I play the Mizuno T5s. I've never been a Vokey guy--too harsh for my liking.

• 2 months later...