SetTheBarrHigh - What's In The Bag

Comments

• BigEarlBigEarl Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Ness wrote:

Went -4 under in a two day tournament last weekend with the new setup!

1zlvt5e.jpg

1z48vg3.jpg

Nice trophy!!! Did it fit in your car on the way home? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    TM M1 460 9.5 Hzrdus 6.5
    TM M2 Fairway 15° Speeder 757 Evo X
    Titleist 714AP2 4-9 DG X100
    Vokey SM5 46°, 52°, 58° DG X100
    Cameron Studio Select NP2

WITB Link
  • MichaelWard_23MichaelWard_23 Members Posts: 65
    I think I'm in love with that button-back...
  • SetTheBarrHighSetTheBarrHigh DallasClubWRX Posts: 3,920 ClubWRX
    BigEarl wrote:

Ness wrote:

Went -4 under in a two day tournament last weekend with the new setup!

1zlvt5e.jpg

1z48vg3.jpg

Nice trophy!!! Did it fit in your car on the way home? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

Thanks! I was staying at my parents that weekend and didn't even try, I just left it in my old room!
    Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P
    Mizuno T7 52°, Titleist SM7 58°
    Titleist Studio Stainless Mid Sur
    I got reunited with an old friend...kind of. When I was a sophomore in high schoo (2004-2005)l, I had planned on getting my first Scotty. That was a big deal for a 14 year old. I saved for a while and had enough and went to Edwin Watts in Shreveport and bought a Futura Phantom Mallet. I got home and it made me sick that I had spent so much money on it and got my dad to take it back the next morning. There was a minty, used G5i Craz-e there, so I asked him to grab that instead. I went on to win my District and Regional tournaments with it. A few years later I let my ex-girlfriend's brother borrow it and never saw it again. Saw this on the bay and grabbed it, maybe the nostalgia will carry me into a good 2015 season!

smqfdx.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
  • rtjausrtjaus Mizunophile Members Posts: 2
    Ness wrote:

Time for the 2014 Update.

I normally use a stand bag, so I threw them in the staff bag I keep my putters in for display purposes.

- I am still hanging with my F12 LS, after a short experiement with a G30.

- I upgraded to the 913 series for my fairway and hybrid spots at the beginning 2013 and am still pretty happy with them. Definitely going to check out the 915's, but not in a huge hurry to change.

- I put these 714 CB's early last year. I'm simple, just give me a clean, forged CB and I'm happy.

- The putter spot tends to rotate between a few Pings and Cameron's, but I think my throwback G5i Craz-e will see the most play this season..

I got bored this afternoon, so I took some pics of my small putter stable. My ButtonBack is in the backseat of my truck, I'll add a few more pics of it later.

Any questions, suggestions, and feedback is very much appreciated. Have a great season guys!

somp0i.jpg

Adams Speedline Fast 12 LS 10.5° - Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki Alpha

abjx1x.jpg

Titleist 913 F 15° - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue

2eqdk5i.jpg

Titleist 913 H 19° - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue

2csgtj8.jpg

Adams Idea Super DHY 24°

141nmmf.jpg

Titleist 714 CB 5-W - Project X 5.5

2d1pgdt.jpg

Titleist SM4 52°, 58° - KBS Tour

11wcz0g.jpg

Ping G5i Craz-e

smqfdx.jpg

Swing Vid

[media=]

Putter Stable

15wsu8.jpg

Titleist Button Back Newport 2

23wwwmf.jpg

Ping BeCu B60

mkgaj8.jpg

2dqsxeg.jpg

Titleist Pro Platinum Newport Two

rjobq1.jpg

3345405.jpg

23u8wtx.jpg

Titleist Futura

11uep78.jpg

2eczxqc.jpg

Titleist Pro Platinum Mid Sur

2j5zyc9.jpg

6qd44w.jpg

actkjl.jpg

2afx6bs.jpg

Those CB's look amazing mate.
  • tommy89tommy89 Members Posts: 2,554
    Clean image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro
    Titleist 913f
    Mizuno MP54
    Vokey 52/56
    Odyssey #7 MXM Versa
    WITB Link
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    Nice set there. Those 714's are some of the nicest irons out there. My buddy plays them after playing callaway X14s with graphite shafts for around 12 years and loves them which I find odd going from extreme forgiveness/lightweight graphite shafts to 714s with KBS. That B60 brings back some memories for me as well.

Also, that scoreboard behind you intimidates the heck out of me.
  • beluga99beluga99 I can't avenge my partner's death with this pea shooter Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    Great bag and quality pics. No feet, frayed carpet or sleeping pets in the background! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Well played!
    G400
    917 F2
    Anser 18 + 23
    Fli-Hi
    919T 6-P
    Glide 51, 56, 60 ES
    Odyssey
    Steele47 wrote:

Nice set there. Those 714's are some of the nicest irons out there. My buddy plays them after playing callaway X14s with graphite shafts for around 12 years and loves them which I find odd going from extreme forgiveness/lightweight graphite shafts to 714s with KBS. That B60 brings back some memories for me as well.

Also, that scoreboard behind you intimidates the heck out of me.

I've had them for about a year. I do like them, but I still have a soft spot for the a12 Pro's I was playing before. The B60 is a great model! I love that thing!

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    beluga99 wrote:

Great bag and quality pics. No feet, frayed carpet or sleeping pets in the background! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Well played!

One thing I will not stand for...is feet in a photo 😅

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
  • Danny YoungDanny Young Members Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Really nice set of clubs
  • jerseyshoregolferjerseyshoregolfer Members Posts: 66
    That head cover is so clean! What is it?
    Driver: Taylormade SLDR Diamana S+ 60 Stiff
    3 Wood: Nike Vapor Flex Diamana S+ 70 Stiff
    5 Wood: Titleist 913F GD YS-6+ Stiff
    Irons: Taylormade RSi 1 4-PW Reax Stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 51*, 60* and SM4 55*
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

WITB Link

That head cover is so clean! What is it?

Thanks! It's a Stitch!

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
  • KyleGilligan28KyleGilligan28 Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    The 850's are nice looking. Have been eyeing them this summer as I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing 99 Hogan Apex Plus forged irons I got as a hammy down from my dad in '05. Hit them well and very happy with them, they're just worn out and I think I'll benefit from a slightly more forgiving iron.

I've also seen the new JPX EZ Forged irons. Like the look of the 850's more but haven't hit either club more than a 6 iron on a simulator. Any feedback you have for me?

The 850's are nice looking. Have been eyeing them this summer as I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing 99 Hogan Apex Plus forged irons I got as a hammy down from my dad in '05. Hit them well and very happy with them, they're just worn out and I think I'll benefit from a slightly more forgiving iron.

I've also seen the new JPX EZ Forged irons. Like the look of the 850's more but haven't hit either club more than a 6 iron on a simulator. Any feedback you have for me?

I had played 712 CB's for the last three to four years, and I got to a point where I wasn't playing as much as I used to and wanted something more forgiving, but didn't want to venture away from a forged club. I feel like this was a really good blend between what I came from and a GI iron. The lofts are stronger than my previous set, so that took a little while to get used to. The blade length and topline thickness were also something that I had to get used to visually.

If I were to order a set now, I would probably have an EZ Forged / 850 Forged blend with the 4,5 irons being EZ. I currently have a JPX 850 4 iron just because it's easier to hit.

The key is getting the shaft right, I wasn't a fan of the XP 115 at all. Mizuno doesn't upcharge for their shafts either, so it's a good thing to take advantage of.

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
  • KyleGilligan28KyleGilligan28 Members Posts: 56 ✭✭

I had played 712 CB's for the last three to four years, and I got to a point where I wasn't playing as much as I used to and wanted something more forgiving, but didn't want to venture away from a forged club. I feel like this was a really good blend between what I came from and a GI iron. The lofts are stronger than my previous set, so that took a little while to get used to. The blade length and topline thickness were also something that I had to get used to visually.

If I were to order a set now, I would probably have an EZ Forged / 850 Forged blend with the 4,5 irons being EZ. I currently have a JPX 850 4 iron just because it's easier to hit.

The key is getting the shaft right, I wasn't a fan of the XP 115 at all. Mizuno doesn't upcharge for their shafts either, so it's a good thing to take advantage of.

I hadn't thought of a blend between the sets. I like the idea!

Thanks man!
  • putts4bogeyputts4bogey Puppies and Butterflies Members Posts: 1,648
    Great looking bag! Play well!
    What is and What Should Never Be

Great looking bag! Play well!

Thank you sir! I spent a lot of time and reasearch putting it together.

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    A little bit of a sappy post.

I had a neighbor growing up that was very close to my family and I. He was an avid golfer, but his health didn't really let him play any longer. He ended up introducing my dad to the game and letting him borrow his clubs for a bit until he got his own. My dad had been playing for a year or so and George suggested that I start playing too so that I could spend more time with me dad. I was 12 at that time. He passed away when I was in college and I think about him often. Recently his son was going through old things and found George's clubs and gave his putter to me. It still has the original leather grip and some pretty cool bag chatter and wear. I don't know that I'll play it much, but it pretty much meant the world to me. I thought some people might appreciate it.

33uafl0.jpg

f066uq.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    After tested so many drivers last year with mediocre results, I ended up getting a backup head to my gamer instead of keeping the cycle going.

jal94x.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
  • MoaningMMoaningM Members Posts: 1,346 ✭✭
    Never tried the adams speedline personally, have just moved over to the M2 and personally with my favourite shaft addi its a corker of a combo. I love the look of that long neck machine, huge fan of machine putters, great quality.

Can just about see the top of your titleist bag, looks slightly different to mine?

MoaningM wrote:

Never tried the adams speedline personally, have just moved over to the M2 and personally with my favourite shaft addi its a corker of a combo. I love the look of that long neck machine, huge fan of machine putters, great quality.

Can just about see the top of your titleist bag, looks slightly different to mine?

Sure bud. It's actually at my parent's house at the moment. I found this image though that's the same as mine:

29dxz48.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    edited Nov 19, 2016 #84
    picked this up from another awesome WRX member. I had the intention of sending off the Custom Shop for a clean up and a silver finish application, but it came in cleaner than I thought it was going to be. It still might spend Christmas there, I haven't really decided.

atq26e.jpg

25ggxad.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    I'll probably be burning this up this winter.

29m0v1t.jpg

2ujp5z5.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    I didn't have my best year on the greens and decided to try a new method over the winter. I picked up an BioMech Acculock putter. It's a cold week here in Dallas, but the indoor practice is going pretty well. I'm definitely hitting pure putts on a more consistent basis.

2j0xc90.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
  • Roadking_6Roadking_6 Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭

I didn't have my best year on the greens and decided to try a new method over the winter. I picked up an BioMech Acculock putter. It's a cold week here in Dallas, but the indoor practice is going pretty well. I'm definitely hitting pure putts on a more consistent basis.

2j0xc90.jpg

Let me get this straight, you have TeI3's, Buttonback, M10 (all stunning BTW) and you are taking that to the green? Stronger man than I
    Roadking_6 wrote:

2j0xc90.jpg

Let me get this straight, you have TeI3's, Buttonback, M10 (all stunning BTW) and you are taking that to the green? Stronger man than I

You are correct sir! I really wanted to try an arm lock putter, but I couldn't get comfortable with the Bettinardi's in the store. It's just a project for right now though.

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    I don't know that I was overly happy with the 23º 816 H2, so I am going to give the 4 iron a try again.

20qm91g.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    A couple of new additions from last week for testing

28vd81y.png

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    edited Feb 4, 2017 #91
    I remember when Bettinardi signed with Mizuno and really liking the "C" series putters, but couldn't really afford the price tag with the paycheck from a grocery store. I found this online in really great shape for a steal. It's the "H" model so the weight is a little more like the standard of today.

30trvo9.jpg

9rljk0.jpg

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°