Scratchswingers WITB

scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,204 ✭✭
Lots of Titleist!!! At least for the time being....
Bag is 90% set for now, I don't expect to do anymore major changes this year.

The Miuras are firmly planted, I don't plan on ever changing until I have the opportunity to make a trip to Scratch headquarters and get custom fit. Then I will have a custom set built to replace the Miuras.

Miura Thread & Pictures: http://www.golfwrx.c...94#entry5192094

Wedges: Unchanged- I was fit at TPI Carlsbad for these wedges. Anyone in SoCal in the market for new wedges, I highly recommend spending the $150 to get fit at TPI. It's one of those things that you only have to do once, if you don't change your swing. You will learn a lot about what you like and need in a wedge as far as gaps, grind and bounce. The experience alone is worth $150, never mind that you are getting fit by the same guys that fit the entire Titleist staff.

Wedge Thread & Pictures: http://www.golfwrx.c...vdsstampedsnow/

GoLo Thread & Pictures: http://www.golfwrx.c...64#entry5264764

Bag: I went from Pings my entire life to the Titliest Lightweight. There really is no comparison, Ping bags are simply the best IMO. The Titleist/ SM bags are very round and the fabric is thin. I like the more oval shape of the Ping that hugs your body better and almost attaches to your back. Plus they seem to be better quality.

913 D2 8.5° Speeder Tour Spec 6913 FD 15° Speeder Tour Spec 80x Tipped .5"

913 FD 18° Speeder Tour Spec 9.8x Tipped .5"

4/5 Miura CB501 6-P Tournament Blades. All traditional lofts (PW 48°) Nippon Super Peening Blue 6.4CPM SSTPured Golf Pride Z Grip

52/56/60 Vokey TVD Black Ox DG Tour Issue Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT

Putter- GoLo 34" Custom finish by BOS... Have been spending some time with #1 WBW Versa

White 2012 Hoofer/Jan Craig- Laker inspired headcovers

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MaxPower328MaxPower328 Members Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    Awesome bag. Wedges look great
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    915H 21* Diamana White 90
    712u 4i, 712CB 5-6, 712MB 7-P; C-Taper
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    Vokey SM4 50, 55K Grind, 60E Grind
    WITB Link
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members Posts: 2,975 ✭✭
    Looking to get the vts spx black X as well. How do you like them?
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • putterho009putterho009 Banned Posts: 358
    love the stamping on the wedges!! great set up image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    SLDR 460 - Accra CB m5
    Adams XTD - Accra CB m5
    Adams xtd 20* - elements 103x
    Adams mb2 tour - DG TI X100
    TVD 52/56/60 - DG TI S400
    bettinardi 55
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,204 ✭✭
    Added some pictures of the 56/60.
  • BigMike06BigMike06 Members Posts: 126
    great bag dude love the wedges and headcovers
    Rosco1216 wrote:

The entire SPX line is unreal. I have pretty much tested every shaft out and I feel the VTS SPX is cream of the crop. This is coming from a guy that has never cared for UST shafts in the past. These feel good, great numbers and the dispersion is remarkable. I also have Silver 7.... I actually think the silver feels a little better than the black but it launches just a tad higher. I am actually considering picking up a Silver 8X to see if the launch comes down and if it feels as good as the 7 silver. One of the best things about these shafts is that you can get them without breaking the bank. You should definitely try each color before you buy. Good luck!!!
  • Etiger83Etiger83 Members Posts: 1,339 ✭✭
    Sick wedges. LSU fan?
  • .P.O.I.N.T..P.O.I.N.T. Members Posts: 159
    This made up my mind....I buying those wedges. Love the set-up.
  • ladahlladahl Members Posts: 6,868 ✭✭
    Great set-up. I have always wanted to play the CB's... Just don't have the game for them... A timeless/classic look for sure.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ping G400 Max Veylix Alphina 673<br />'16 TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888 <br />Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95<br />PXG 0311X #4 KBS Proto 95 <br />PXG 0311 Black 5/6/7 0311T Black 8/9/W Aerotech SteelFiber 95 S<br /> SM7 Jet Black 50*, 54* & 58* TT DG TI Onyx S400<br />PXG Mustang S Black[/font]<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />WITB Link[/font]

Smart decision, the M grind is perfect. The more I practice with them the more I like them.
    edited Mar 31, 2012 #12

Smart decision, the M grind is perfect. The more I practice with them the more I like them.

Oh and the black ox looks better as it wears. I will post some pictures later of them starting to rust.
  • jyork1133jyork1133 Members Posts: 381 ✭✭
    nice bag. D3 is my driver of choice.
    Etiger83 wrote:

Sick wedges. LSU fan?

No!!!! I'm in Southren California and a USC season ticket holder. I hope we play a SEC team this year. They need to see a decent QB as there are currently none in the SEC. Headcovers are Lakers colors. Thx for looking. image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' />
  • azapaulazapaul Members Posts: 47
    Where did you come arcoss those head covers?
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,852 ClubWRX
    Everything looks amazing from top to bottom. I especially dig the custom wedges.
    azapaul wrote:

Where did you come arcoss those head covers?

Jan Craig

kekoa wrote:

Everything looks amazing from top to bottom. I especially dig the custom wedges.

Thanks man- But I aint got nothing on your club(s).

Rosco1216 wrote:

The entire SPX line is unreal. I have pretty much tested every shaft out and I feel the VTS SPX is cream of the crop. This is coming from a guy that has never cared for UST shafts in the past. These feel good, great numbers and the dispersion is remarkable. I also have Silver 7.... I actually think the silver feels a little better than the black but it launches just a tad higher. I am actually considering picking up a Silver 8X to see if the launch comes down and if it feels as good as the 7 silver. One of the best things about these shafts is that you can get them without breaking the bank. You should definitely try each color before you buy. Good luck!!!

good info! I will definitely have to go with the black with my SS and spin.
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

edited Apr 5, 2012 #19
    Rosco1216 wrote:

Are you currently playing the Speeder 7.1?

Rosco1216 wrote:

Are you currently playing the Speeder 7.1?

I have been playing the speeder vc 7.1X and and/or a axivcore tour green 75x. I like the feel of the speeder but launch and spin are a little high for my liking. I like the numbers with the axivcore but the feel is definitely lacking. I'm told the spx black is even lower launch and spin than the axivcore (which i want) but has better feel where the axivcore lacked.
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

Rosco1216 wrote:

I have been playing the speeder vc 7.1X and and/or a axivcore tour green 75x. I like the feel of the speeder but launch and spin are a little high for my liking. I like the numbers with the axivcore but the feel is definitely lacking. I'm told the spx black is even lower launch and spin than the axivcore (which i want) but has better feel where the axivcore lacked.

Yes that is accurate. The silver would be lower/lower than the 7.1 and higher/higher than the Tour Green. The black will be lower than both and will feel a little stiffer than the 7.1 but much smoother than the Tour Green. They are great shafts.... I was concerned that the black in my 3 wood would be too low, but it's about perfect and very easy to control.
  • ATAGATAG Members Posts: 12
    Yeah....those SPX shafts are money. They are the best UST shafts I've tried since the V2.
  • garcia51694garcia51694 RHODY RHODY RHODY RAMS RAMS RAMS RHODE ISLANDMembers Posts: 2,532 ✭✭
    One of the nicest wedge sets Ive ever seen. Great bag
    PING G400 Max 9* Project X HZRDUS Yellow
    Mizuno ST190 Atmos Black Tour Spec
    PING i20 17* White Pearl KBS
    Titleist 816 22* H2 Atmos Blue Tour Spec
    Titleist 718 AP2 KBS SE Black C-Taper
    CP Functional Art Wedges KBS SE Black
    PXG Mini Gunboat
    Robert Mark Headcovers
    Iomic Grips
    BB&F Ferrules
    Jordan Shoes
  • Xpicc19Xpicc19 Members Posts: 559
    sweet bag man!!
  • JJensenJJensen MNWRX - FBefnD Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭
    Thanks.... Now i have BAG ENVY if you feel like being generous you can send the set to a poor high schooler in MN :P ha Love the bag and headcovers
    913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
    BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
    Z U45 18* - DG X100
    J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
    SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
    SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
    WITB Link
  • grinder1320grinder1320 Members Posts: 157
    Super nice setup. Those wedges are insane!

Rosco1216 wrote:

Yes that is accurate. The silver would be lower/lower than the 7.1 and higher/higher than the Tour Green. The black will be lower than both and will feel a little stiffer than the 7.1 but much smoother than the Tour Green. They are great shafts.... I was concerned that the black in my 3 wood would be too low, but it's about perfect and very easy to control.

Just ordered the 75 black SPX from Will Peoples for my R11S, may get another one to put in my fast 12 LS as well. Can't wait!
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0

Rosco1216 wrote:

Just ordered the 75 black SPX from Will Peoples for my R11S, may get another one to put in my fast 12 LS as well. Can't wait!

I am confident that you will like it. Please report back...
  • ibeanr6ibeanr6 Members Posts: 197
    How you like the VTs d3 combo?
  • JJK947JJK947 Members Posts: 3,063 ✭✭

Rosco1216 wrote:

Do you usually like a higher weight driver shaft? Did you hit the VTS in the 6 series, if so how did they compare to the 7 series you are playing? Also does the spin go up noticeably between the Black and Silver?

Awesome bag BTW!

Taylormade M5 9.0 - Tensei Pro Orange 70
    Callaway OG 3Deep 13 - Tensei Pro White 70
    Taylormade P790 UDI 17 - Tensei Pro White 90
    Srixon Z 945 3-PW - DG Tour X100
    Taylormade TP EF 54.11 - DG Tour S400
    Taylormade TP EF 60 ATV - DG Tour S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

JJK947 wrote:

Rosco1216 wrote:

Do you usually like a higher weight driver shaft? Did you hit the VTS in the 6 series, if so how did they compare to the 7 series you are playing? Also does the spin go up noticeably between the Black and Silver?

Awesome bag BTW!

I usually play 70 gram and up driver shafts just to help keep my spin and launch down. Never hit the 6 series but they will probably be just a touch more spin and a little higher launch. I have not tested the black and silver in the same head. The black is less torque so it should be a little lower launch and lower spin. There was a really good review on here somewhere comparing each color.