Chrome Yellow?

newjedinewjedi Members Posts: 405
Is it coming?
Stumbled on this on Amazon. Does anyone know if this is true I would love to try the chrome out and I have fallen in love with yellow golf balls and find it hard to play with anything else.

http://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Chrome-Yellow-Balls-12/dp/B007PBVHMW

Comments

• WasabiWasabi Members Posts: 48
  • tdog4tdog4 tdog4 TexasMembers Posts: 625 ✭✭
    Heard from my local Callaway Rep that it is true. Callaway will be coming out with yellow balls. Why no jump on board. Yellows are selling like wildfire locally.

tdog4
    Taylormade M4 10.5* Tensei Pro Blue 60
    Taylormade M2 3hl Hzrdus Red
    Taylormade M4 5hl Hzrdus Red
    Taylormade M4 7hl Hzrdus Red
    Taylormade M3 5h. Aldila Black. 
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-PW
    Titleist SM7 48* & 52* & 56*
    Taylormade Spider X 34”
    Taylormade TP5X balls
  • newjedinewjedi Members Posts: 405
    tdog4 wrote:

Heard from my local Callaway Rep that it is true. Callaway will be coming out with yellow balls. Why no jump on board. Yellows are selling like wildfire locally.

tdog4

WOOT!

Can't wait I am loving the reviews I am seeing so far. Looks like around Memorial Day for release based on Amazon and also on TGW hopefully come in sooner than that since scramble season starts memorial weekend for me.
  • xabiaxabia Members Posts: 1,841 ✭✭
    I am definitely going to try these.. I have always had a soft spot for Callaway balls. I may even pay full price for them! russian_roulette.gif
    Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
    TI 16 M2 Accra TZ6 M5 / TI M4 Tensei Orange V3 60TX
    TI M2 Tensei Blue 70TX / M4 Atmos 7 stiff 
    T1 M2 16.5 Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    TMB-3 Iron Tensei Blue 90TX
    MP 18 MB 4-PW Ctaper Lite 110 stiff
    SM7 Raw 52 F  / Vokey SM7 Raw 56* / SM7 60D Raw
    Odyssey Jalibird Mini 33"
  • Srixon-IanSrixon-Ian Members Posts: 678 ✭✭
    I am stoked for this, I love the feel of Cally balls off of the driver and irons. The results are great in short game too, just need to use my insert putter
  • flair28flair28 Members Posts: 7
    What is the appeal of yellow golf balls? I've never tried them so I don't get it.
  • EricZ116EricZ116 Members Posts: 306
    flair28 wrote:

What is the appeal of yellow golf balls? I've never tried them so I don't get it.

For the sake of being an a******: they remind the range heroes of range balls, and they are easier to find in the rough.
  • Elite_DiggerElite_Digger Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Started by playing the Srixons a couple years ago and am addicted to the bright yellow. If I have the choice of playing the exact same ball in yellow or white...I'll choose yellow every time. Last summer I was playing some Srixons and decided to try some Pentas since they had some good deals on them. Although I think the Pentas are pretty much as good in every single aspect except for durability, I decided I really like playing the yellow color better. I'd rather pay full price for yellow than get whites at a bargain price.
  • goplutusgoplutus Members Posts: 377
    Yellow is great on cloudy days, and for quickly identifying your ball in a four some, esp on cart path only days.
  • GrimGrim Members Posts: 556
    I am new to the yellow craze and let me say I love em.

So much easier to see, they do not show wear like the white ones and I never have to check to see which ball is mine.

I can understand why others are so skeptical about using yellow but for those who constantly bash it are just jealous they got beat by a guy using one image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,116 ✭✭
    Yellow is simply easier to see when making contact and to follow flight. For no other reason than that. And because I'm going somewhat blind!
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • newjedinewjedi Members Posts: 405
    flair28 wrote:

For me they are easier to see. I suffer from floaters so hampers my vision a little bit on bright sunny days.

Plus no one else uses them therefore no one is stealing my friggin golf balls when playing scrambles.