Studies of ball distance, spin?

juliette91juliette91 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Ball comparison charts
Hi, looking for a chart of independent ball testing by an iron byron type ball striking machine that

shows average distances and spin rates for leading golf balls, as current as possible.

Does such a chart/analysis exist?

Comments

• G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've searched for this very same data myself, and unfortunately I've yet to find a definitive list. Of course there is the info printed in golf magazines every couple of years (like the spin chart in this months Golf Digest), but outside of that, I've never found much.

This year I did some very detailed testing myself (of course I'm far from an Iron Byron!). I spent a lot of time with the new Penta TP5, Callaway Hex Black and Chrome, 2012 Bridgestone B330, B330S and B330-RXS, and Srixon Z Star XV. I tested drives into and down wind; hybrids, 150 yards, 100 yards, 50 yards, pitches and bunker shots. So if you are interested I'd be more than happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/597781-the-big-review-taylormade-penta-tp5-vs-callaway-hex-black-tour-vs-srixon-z-star-xv/"]Here is a link of some of my early findings with a couple of the balls.[/url]

PING G410 LST Driver 9º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 14º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 20º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 23º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5–PW ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file