Srixon Zstar X vs. XV

Jbird33Jbird33 Members Posts: 460
anyone compared?
I like the Zstar X (a lot) and can still find them. Wondering if I should buy up what I can find or if the XV is as good or better. Does anybody have experience with both yet?

Comments

• burns9304burns9304 Members Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the XV much better than the X. I find the feel on short shorts is what really makes the XV stand out over the X, which I found very harsh.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9* Graphite Design Tour IZ 6
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Graphite Design Tour IZ 7
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Graphite Design Tour DI 95
    Callaway X Forged UT H 24* Graphite Design Tour DI 95
    Callaway Apex Pro DOT 5-PW Oban CT-115 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50*F, 54*M, 60*M Shimada Tour Wedge
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow DASS
  • +Church+Church Members Posts: 1,032 ✭✭
    I agree with burns, I've played both(even though I prefer the regular z-star) but the XV has better feel than the x in my opinion. I like "clicky" but not too much. That's why I play just the regular.
  • DrogsterDrogster Born Again Golfer Members Posts: 29
    I played 18 holes today with the Z-Star XV once again. The distance, durability, and straight ball flight are great. The wind changed direction about 3 to 4 times during the round. On one hole it was really getting up and I allowed for the wind and the ball went dead straight. Nice of the putter also. Great out of the bunkers, 3 times it landed on the greens and stopped dead. Approach shots were predictable. Loving this ball.

I choose the VX for the extra distance and give up a bit of the spin around the greens. In saying that it has plenty of spin for me. Lands, hops and stops within 1-2 feet.

My pitching was good, but my chipping let me down on to many occasions and ruined my card, but thats down to me...not the ball.
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    XV is drop and stop, does not spin like a prov1. Also, I would point you guys to the Trispeed Tour - this ball is far cheaper and performs on par & durability like the XV but it will release a little more on the chip. Got this tip from a Srixon rep months ago and I luv this ball over the XV.
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • DFinchDFinch Members Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The XV definitely feels better than the X and doesn't give anything up.
    Titleist TS3 8.75* Evenflow White / Cobra F6 3W 15.5* / Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5* / Maltby TS2 DG105 X100 / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Evnroll ER8 Gravity Grip / Snell MTB X
  • pdaeropdaero Lefty Boomers Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone compared an XV to a ProV1X? I found one the last time I played, played it on a par 5 today, and KILLED it! Made my first eagle with it. Nice low launch and spin with good feel.
    Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX
    Titleist 915F 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
    Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
    Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
    Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
    PING Anser Milled 0 34"
  • tampaytampay Members Posts: 381
    Tested these last summer.

XV spins less off the driver and around the greens, feels softer then the X.

So the X spins more off the tee and into the greens and has a clicky feel.

Hitting sandwedges the XV was spinning back to it's ball mark and the X was spinning back about 4 feet past it, the X was spinning more. Consistently, 10+ balls.

Bottom line you'll get a softer feel and less spin with the XV over the X.
  • Jbird33Jbird33 Members Posts: 460
    Thanks for the replys, this is some good info.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file