UST VTS Tour SPX

Spooky67Spooky67 Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭
Very nice
Played a UST VTS Tour SPX black 7S today in a new driver, and was vey impressed with this shaft. My gamer has a UST Proto 76g and it's 1/2" shorter than the club I played today. For those that don't like the boardy feel of Proto or V2, this shaft felt very smooth to me. Full disclosure, I really like a stable shaft, I tend to like shafts that are labeled boardy and I am a hitter instead of a swinger....I am working on that.

All that being said, the SPX black felt very, very smooth and almost encouraged me to swing instead of hit. Very nice mid launch. This is a great shaft IMO.

Comments

• MNLH11MNLH11 Members Posts: 360 ✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly. I like crisp feeling shafts. My favorite of all time is the ShaqX. The VTS comes close. Liked the driver so much that I am having my 3 wood changed over to VTS also.
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭
    MNLH11 wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. I like crisp feeling shafts. My favorite of all time is the ShaqX. The VTS comes close. Liked the driver so much that I am having my 3 wood changed over to VTS also.

I'm planning the same. I have an Ovation 3w head that I love but the shaft in it hasn't always worked out. Held off on a re-shaft as the current set up works off the deck okay but not stable enough off the tee for my poor swing. After today, I think I'm going to look at the VTS black in the 3 as well.
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,198 ✭✭
    I have SPX Blacks in my driver and 3 wood and a Silver in my other driver. Shafts a money!!!

I have SPX Blacks in my driver and 3 wood and a Silver in my other driver. Shafts a money!!!

How do you feel the black and silver differ? I know the torque is different, but hitting them both, what do you feel is different play wise?
    Black feels a little more stout (I hesitate to say boardy), launches about 1.5* less and spins about 300 less in a driver. I have not tested the silver in a 3 wood.
  • Swoosh-ThudSwoosh-Thud Members Posts: 1,511 ClubWRX
    The only difference is you can feel the kick ie tip on the silver and not/less the black. The black does spin less, and for me it is the best driver shaft I've played. I have a silver 8SX in my i15 3w and an 8x in my i15 5w. The silver is a great fw shaft and loooong. I hit back to back 5w my i15 with the silver 8X and my TEE CB4 with an Accra XE 80 and the Ping was 4 yards longer.

I recently put the Attas T3 in my back up driver. The T3 has a very active Accra type feeling tip, but I still go back to my black. I'm going to pull the T3 and put in another black 6SX and sell the T3.
    JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
    Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
    Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
    Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
    Slighter Auburn
    edited Apr 15, 2012 #8
    I hit the black and silver side by side on Trackman with the same head. Black spun less and launched lower, at least for me image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • kebonicskebonics Members Posts: 12

I hit the black and silver side by side on Trackman with the same head. Black spun less and launched lower, at least for me image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Do you think the silver shaft plays similar to the Proforce V2? Anyone?
    kebonics wrote:

Do you think the silver shaft plays similar to the Proforce V2? Anyone?

The black and the Proto have similar torque numbers, I assume the V2 would be the same.
  • agulferagulfer FLMembers Posts: 135 ✭✭
    I have a Red 85sx in my fairway and I'd say it's a smoother overall, a little less harsh and slightly softer tip than a V2 but the same tightness. If I was to do it again I think I'd get an 85x in the fairway. I'm in the process of putting a 100X Hybrid in my hybrid and a 7X Silver in my driver and those will give me a better comparison of the VTS Red vs VTS Silver vs V2. I'll chime back once I install and have a week to hit them.
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,668 ✭✭
    The Silver is in my driver, and good god it's SMOOOOOOTTTTHHH. Really low spin, too.
    M4 9.5°, Green Mamba 70TX
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape