**My sticks** 2019

Comments

• bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,529 ✭✭
    jashton88 wrote:

The bags looking solid, how are you liking your hybrids so far? So when are you getting back down to Florida haha.

Thanks dude! The hybrids are good, liking them so far. Still trying to fully figure them out a bit, especially the white rescue, but so far so good. lol I want to come back to Florida now!
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,681 ClubWRX
    Sweet bag BG!!

Though I bag the Mizzys, I hit & played those Cally Diablo forged for 4 rounds and they were sweet. I'd put them in that forged "Pocket" CB category(MP-52-54s, AP2s, etc). That carpenter steel's the real deal. I liked em much better than the 53s, and the AP2s plastic and metal junk, lol. Their only problem was, at least I thought, is that they priced themselves out of that forged "bridge" iron, between a GI and a blade, and $1199 was steep compared to the irons out there. None the less, sweet irons.

I know ya don't currently bag em, however I'd keep em in the closet, just in case, lol......

They're a timeless design, and could go head to head with anything out there today.

I like the putter. I don't know if you'd call me a fanboy, though I like some of his putters, lol, especially the Napas, Newports and Fastback.

Well, my best wishes for a great season Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fairways and Greens My Friend,

Richard
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Sweet bag BG!!

Though I bag the Mizzys, I hit & played those Cally Diablo forged for 4 rounds and they were sweet. I'd put them in that forged "Pocket" CB category(MP-52-54s, AP2s, etc). That carpenter steel's the real deal. I liked em much better than the 53s, and the AP2s plastic and metal junk, lol. Their only problem was, at least I thought, is that they priced themselves out of that forged "bridge" iron, between a GI and a blade, and $1199 was steep compared to the irons out there. None the less, sweet irons.

I know ya don't currently bag em, however I'd keep em in the closet, just in case, lol......

They're a timeless design, and could go head to head with anything out there today.

I like the putter. I don't know if you'd call me a fanboy, though I like some of his putters, lol, especially the Napas, Newports and Fastback.

Well, my best wishes for a great season Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fairways and Greens My Friend,

Richard

Thanks man!

Agreed on all fronts. Keeping the DF because of some great memories and mojo with them, dont think I could get rid of them. Could always use them as a winter set when a little extra forgiveness might come in handy. They really didnt catch on too well because of like you said, the price and they werent the best looking irons. But I bet if they were more normally priced as well as looking the the Legacy line, they probably would have sold great. The new Apexs are very similar to them, those things are sweet too.

Toulon Atlanta
    Update for different clubs added to the bag!

52, 58, 62 Titleist Vokeys

I swapped out my wedges, the Jaws were getting a little worn and I wanted to look for something with a little less bounce. I ended up with a 52 vokey that had low bounce and decided to give it a shot. I liked it alot, and went ahead and completed the set with a 58 and 62. Again, never was a real Vokey fan, but on a whim got the one and have been very happy with them all. Glad I went out of the ole comfort zone. Stuck a 6.5 Project X 8 iron shaft in the GW, a Project X 6.0 in the 58 and a DG spinner in the 62.

Toulon Atlanta
  • ArchitectArchitect Members Posts: 899
    Go 49ers!!!!
    Ping G30 10.5 Driver Tour 80 75g S
    Ping G30 5-wood TFC 419F 57g S
    Ping i25 3-UW irons KBS Tour S
    Ping Gorge 54SS, 58SS KBS Tour S
    Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, ProV1X
    WITB Link
    edited Nov 30, 2014 #37
    End of season 2014 update!

So after the best season of golf that I have had, I am going to stick with all my woods, putter and the vokeys but I did make an iron change. I still have the 2009 TPs ready in case the move wasnt right, but I wanted to go just a bit more updated but yet get something similar. So I landed on some Rocketbladez Tours. I have only maybe 5-6 rounds with them but so far so good. Noticed some more distance, but nothing absurd. Im still able to flight and control them as I did with the TPs so that covered my main concerns. Looking forward to hitting them more in warmer conditions and see how they hold up.

As far as specs go, they are the same shafts as I had in the TPs, Project X 6.5 soft stepped once. I found that my ball flight was lowered a bit by this combo and really noticed that the ball did not balloon nearly as much as it used to. Can really effect you where I play most my golf, as the course is pretty open and unprotected from wind. Regripped from white VDRs to some Lamkin REL Gels oversize oranges.

Toulon Atlanta
    edited Feb 15, 2016 #38
    Just a couple changes that I will take into the 2015 season. Just got some new wedges with some more bounce as well as a new bag, the rest will stay the same.

2015 Bag:

9* SLDR lofted down to 8.5* with a TS Speeder 7.2

14* TS SLDR 3 wood with a TS Speeder 7.2

16* 2011 TM Rescue with 55 RIP

19* SLDR 3 hybrid with TS Speeder 9.8

5-AW TM Rocketbladez Tour with Project X 6.5 Soft stepped once

56* Cleveland 588 CB with Project X 6.0 and 60* Cleveland 588 CB with DG Spinner

Scotty Cameron custom shop Newport

New Bag: Tayormade SLDR Staff stand bag

Post edited by Unknown User on

Toulon Atlanta
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,199 ✭✭
    That Niner room is sooooo sick..... Love the collection of mini helmets! The only thing missing is a kegerator.

That Niner room is sooooo sick..... Love the collection of mini helmets! The only thing missing is a kegerator.

Lol.......my plan was once my fridge down there bites the dust to look into them.

Toulon Atlanta
    bubbagump wrote:

Lol.......my plan was once my fridge down there bites the dust to look into them.

And a Scotch bar, you will thank me later.

bubbagump wrote:

And a Scotch bar, you will thank me later.

Haven't got into scotch yet, but maybe down the road!

Toulon Atlanta
  • One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members Posts: 10,801 ✭✭
    Nice work on the mancave and nice sticks too
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • dgolfman78dgolfman78 I don't know how to take that. Members Posts: 433 ✭✭
    Wow everything looks pretty awesome there!! That new bag of yours also looks pretty familiar to me too. Here is to a good safe and healthy 2015 to you and hopefully your game gets to where your goals are set!!
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,151 mod
    edited Jan 4, 2015 #45
    Awesome man cave!!! Thanks for sharing... And nice clubs also.
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • PuppetmasterPuppetmaster Members Posts: 14,933
    That is a really nicely done room, Bubba. You've inspired me to take some initial steps toward my own man-corner. Not room, corner. We have too much kids' stuff still, although as they get older, it becomes easier to clear stuff out.

Nice WITB too. And hopefully this season we'll finally get a round or two in some time.
    WITB Link

Cobra King Ltd 8.5*, Speeder TS 6.2
    Callaway BBA 16*, Speeder TS 8.2
    Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
    Maxfli Revolution 4-PW, DG
    Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

That is a really nicely done room, Bubba. You've inspired me to take some initial steps toward my own man-corner. Not room, corner. We have too much kids' stuff still, although as they get older, it becomes easier to clear stuff out.

Nice WITB too. And hopefully this season we'll finally get a round or two in some time.

With that avatar you might want to steer clear of any Niner fans for the next 8 months or so.... Just some sound advice.... image/busted_cop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted_cop:' />
    dgolfman78 wrote:

Wow everything looks pretty awesome there!! That new bag of yours also looks pretty familiar to me too. Here is to a good safe and healthy 2015 to you and hopefully your game gets to where your goals are set!!

Thanks buddy! Really enjoying the bag so far, hope you found use for the iron heads!

Toulon Atlanta

Go for it! Get some swag up in a corner and stake claim to it as the man corner lol. Sounds good, I look forward to it! How's the 2 hybrid project coming along?

Toulon Atlanta
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,284 ✭✭
    All around cool man!! Even though I am not a foot ball fan it still looks good
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭
    Nice
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    Thanks!

Toulon Atlanta
  • kmac49kmac49 ClubWRX Posts: 1,038 ✭✭
    Love the new setup for this year! Is that a 49ers football headcover on your hybrid? Looks sweet, might have to pick up one of those. Love the man cave too! Go niners!
    WITB
    D - Cobra King F8 10.5*
    4w - Cobra Fly Z+, 16.5*
    3h - Ping Anser 20*
    3i-PW - Mizuno MP-33, KBS Tour 130 X
    52* - Callaway Mack Daddy 4
    58* - Callaway Mack Daddy Forged
    Putter - Taylormade Tour Spider Red
    kmac49 wrote:

Love the new setup for this year! Is that a 49ers football headcover on your hybrid? Looks sweet, might have to pick up one of those. Love the man cave too! Go niners!

Thanks man. Yep, it's a niner football headcover on the 2 hybrid.

Toulon Atlanta
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,670 ClubWRX
    Great looking room Bubba.

My wife took over the basement for her exercise room, so my man-cave was relegated to the small, back bedroom. Put a chair and TV and there is barely room room for a couple of bags and a few clubs. Four championship banners (Dodgers, Huskers, Dolphins, and Celtics) and a few hats from different courses and no more wall space. At least no one ever wants to join me!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

Great looking room Bubba.

My wife took over the basement for her exercise room, so my man-cave was relegated to the small, back bedroom. Put a chair and TV and there is barely room room for a couple of bags and a few clubs. Four championship banners (Dodgers, Huskers, Dolphins, and Celtics) and a few hats from different courses and no more wall space. At least no one ever wants to join me!

Thanks man! Funny how that works, they tend to just take over any room in the house slowly but surely lol. Thats the good part about a mancave or workshop, always a place to retreat to and hang out and relax!

Toulon Atlanta
    Little project on the putter during a cold Saturday. I always liked some color on the putter shaft so finally decided to swap out shafts. Threw in a fubuki tour in there and so far so good, I like the look and the feel is the same just a bit lighter.

Toulon Atlanta
  • PuppetmasterPuppetmaster Members Posts: 14,933
    Looks great. Does the head feel extra heavy with the lighter shaft? I guess with a SS on there, it sort of offsets a little.
    WITB Link

Cobra King Ltd 8.5*, Speeder TS 6.2
    Callaway BBA 16*, Speeder TS 8.2
    Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
    Maxfli Revolution 4-PW, DG
    Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
  • Pert1862Pert1862 JerseyMembers Posts: 2,829 ✭✭
    Those shadow boxes are awesome. Well done.
    Callaway Razr Fit - 12* - Aldila RIP Phenom
    Adams Speedline 5
    G10 21*
    G10 28*
    Ping G, 7 - U
    Ping Gorge 56*
    Scotty Select Newport 
    Srixon Q-Star / Z-Star
    edited Feb 6, 2015 #60

Looks great. Does the head feel extra heavy with the lighter shaft? I guess with a SS on there, it sort of offsets a little.

The head does feel a bit heavier than with the steel in there, but like you said my hope was the SS would even it out. So far, been putting with it everyday on the carpet and the weight difference isn't that obvious anymore and the SS does a good job to provide some balancing. If I had to guess, the difference wasn't that dramatic to begin with.

I think the main thing I need to make sure I remember is to not lean on it when bending in the hole to pick up my ball or just standing around…I don't know or want to find out how much that thing can take before it snaps lol...

Toulon Atlanta
    Pert1862 wrote:

Those shadow boxes are awesome. Well done.

Thanks man! My little sister made the US Open one for me for m birthday and then I put together the Sawgrass one. Getting those done at Michaels or somewhere similar are just too expensive…I think they quoted the US Open one at 500 bucks to do it. Id rather things be a little crooked and have 500 in my pocket lol.

Toulon Atlanta