Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless newport 2.. Fake?

Hey guys, i need your help. i got this from someone and i am not sure if this is real or fake... it looks pretty real, but i don't have much experience in this.. its a stainless steel model and i checked with a magnet... i can feel a little bit of attraction to the magnet but it doesn't stick to the head... shaft band looks about right.. if its a fake i think its pretty well made.. here are some pics and any help is very appreciated..

Comments

• shootermcgavin2shootermcgavin2 Members Posts: 1,292
    i'd say real, the magnet not sticking is a pretty big indicator. by saying the shaft band "looks alright" do you mean that it's affixed to the "rear" of the shaft so that it's not visible at address?
  • jc123jc123 Posts: 156
    from what i have seen from other people studio stainless that are confirmed real (bought originally from scotty retailers) the band is a wrap around and it seems to be on the correct step area as theirs.. beyond that i don't know. the other thing i just noticed is the sight line on the back, the milling cut is not the same depth all the way through does that mean something?
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,841 ClubWRX
    I'm not seeing anything in these pics that would have me believe it's not a legit Cameron.
  • T-GatesT-Gates Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    edited Apr 26, 2012 #5
    Legit. good.gif
    Callaway XR 16 Sub Zero 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+ Matrix 7M3 Black Tie S
    Callaway Big Bertha 815 Alpha 20* Tour AD DI-85S
    Wilson Staff V4 Forged 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT S400 TI
    Callaway MD3 52* KBS Tour 610 S
    Callaway PM Grind 56*/60* KBS Tour 610 S
    Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    thanks guys...i had one last input to put in on this and get your opinions... ok so i compared to another studio stainless.. and i know titleist produced this model for about 3 years.. did they make any changes even slightly between years... like the 4 colored dots on mine are a bit larger than a friend's that i looked at and the 2 on the newport 2 is a little different and scrunched on mine as well as the G on the weight is slightly different... am i being paranoid? are these legit differences between the 3 years they made this model? thanks again guys for your expert eyes on this matter...
    sorry for all the extra pics..i am new at this and still trying to figure out posting..
  • RedSideRedSide Posts: 827
    looks good to me.
  • ruxpin23ruxpin23 Posts: 132 ✭✭
    reviving a 6 yr old thread, but i've seen both versions on ebay and random pictures. has there been any resolution as to whether both are authentic?
    VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
    2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
    Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
    2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Nike RZN Black
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 5,960 ✭✭
    all pictured are real.
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • ruxpin23ruxpin23 Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Yanki01 wrote:
    all pictured are real.

Thanks. Was there any confirmation on what the reasons for the differences are? I happen to have two with the exact same differences as well
    VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
    2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
    Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
    2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Nike RZN Black
  • BlockfaderBlockfader Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I just ran into the same issue on two different studio stainless Newport 2s that I have and was worried sick. Glad someone thinks both pictures are legit, but definitely curious why there are these differences. Will continue to investigate.
  • The Next FairwayThe Next Fairway Members Posts: 34
    edited Jul 23, 2018 #14
    Hi there. Need a bit of help. I've been offered a Scotty studio stainless Newport beach but I have never seen one like this. It has a custom paint fill with everything paint filled red. It has a alignment line on the top ridge but this is the strange bit it has grooves the same as a yes putter on the face. I cannot find a single pic of one the same online. I have had a go with this putter and have to say it was fantastic once I'd got over the different sound and feel from that sound slot. It has me a little worried that it could be a fake but at the same time I'm thinking why would you make a copy of a Scotty and then change the look completely. Anyone heard of any custom work on a Scotty like this before?

Any advice would be gratefully received. Cheers
    Titleist 913d2 10.5*
    Ping i15 3,5,7,8,9,PW
    Ping Gorge Tour 52/58
    Odyssey Metal X #7