Camillo's Backup RBZ Iron Pics

124»

Comments

• Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,323 ✭✭
    Feel free to post my seemingly now open PM communication back to you..

For the record, not friends with him, and yes I am fortunate enough to have not been scammed by a seller. However, I do not believe in continued belittling. Fora members are smart enough to get the gist on the first couple of comments.

Let me say it for you clear and without a lot of words - Buyer Beware, this has scam written all over it.....
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,613 ✭✭
    Mikey K wrote:

I talked to my pro about these today he says he does not have the full set but he has the 5 and 7 iron that he hated. He had TM make them because they looked very forgiving but more of a "players" iron. They are NOT the same as Camillo's because his CAN'T be replicated because they don't have the exact "molds" (or whatever they use to make clubs at a huge production rate) to make the SAME club again. Even for Camillo. He does not use them though because he said the feel and workability were awful compared to the TP MB. So i probably will not be the one getting pictures of them... neither will that other guy I am guessing he just wanted and extra post to add to his post count.

PS: He said many people who are sponsored by TM tested these but did not like them causing them to not make them anymore.

How did the 5/7 iron that your pro has compare to the CV irons listed in this thread?
  • Mikey KMikey K Lefty Boomers Posts: 385

Mikey K wrote:

I talked to my pro about these today he says he does not have the full set but he has the 5 and 7 iron that he hated. He had TM make them because they looked very forgiving but more of a "players" iron. They are NOT the same as Camillo's because his CAN'T be replicated because they don't have the exact "molds" (or whatever they use to make clubs at a huge production rate) to make the SAME club again. Even for Camillo. He does not use them though because he said the feel and workability were awful compared to the TP MB. So i probably will not be the one getting pictures of them... neither will that other guy I am guessing he just wanted and extra post to add to his post count.

PS: He said many people who are sponsored by TM tested these but did not like them causing them to not make them anymore.

How did the 5/7 iron that your pro has compare to the CV irons listed in this thread?

It was almost identical except the sole of the club was almost all of the "shiny" metal instead of half "shiny" and half matte.
    Mikey K wrote:

Mikey K wrote:

It was almost identical except the sole of the club was almost all of the "shiny" metal instead of half "shiny" and half matte.

They sound great. If he ever nabs a full set and wants to sell them please keep me in kind.
    CV is playing well with these irons this week!
  • crazyraycrazyray #TIGERCOMEBACK18 Members Posts: 379 ✭✭
    wow these things look NICE
    crazyray wrote:

wow these things look NICE

Yes they are. Not sure why TM did not release these as a JDM release???
  • dj106dj106 Members Posts: 168
    This is what I hate the most about equipment companys. They already have the molds made, so why not let these irons be custom ordered. I would bet if a store like Edwin Watts, Golf Smith, Golf Galaxy would buy 10 sets per store and they would priced in line with the standard set, they would sell them very easily. The demand is there. I would love to have a forgiving set of irons with amost no offset. Businesses are always looking for ways to increase sales and they have a easy way stairing them in the face but they are too blind to see it.
  • QegureziQegurezi Members Posts: 3,801 ✭✭
    dj106 wrote:

This is what I hate the most about equipment companys. They already have the molds made, so why not let these irons be custom ordered.

You sure they have molds for these?
  • dj106dj106 Members Posts: 168
    Qegurezi wrote:

dj106 wrote:

This is what I hate the most about equipment companys. They already have the molds made, so why not let these irons be custom ordered.

Are you serious? How else would multiple sets be made? I dont think someone is hammering these out by hand.
  • LarbearLarbear Members Posts: 292 ✭✭
    did he used to play blades? if so he really went large...
    dj106 wrote:

Qegurezi wrote:

dj106 wrote:

Are you serious? How else would multiple sets be made? I dont think someone is hammering these out by hand.

Well post #92 clouds the issue.
    Larbear wrote:

did he used to play blades? if so he really went large...

CV has always used a cavity based iron even when he was with cobra. I love these irons, very clean and player like!!!
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,052 ✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if we see some form of this iron soon, TM's players irons are aging by there time standards...BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
    Big Ben wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if we see some form of this iron soon, TM's players irons are aging by there time standards...BB

I hope you are right. Id love to get my hands on a set that looks like these!!!
  • MizzyBYU24MizzyBYU24 Members Posts: 655
    Looks like he's finally putting together a good tournament with them. I'll be cheering for him today. Too powerful and talented to not be winning at least a tournament a year
    MizzyBYU24 wrote:

Looks like he's finally putting together a good tournament with them. I'll be cheering for him today. Too powerful and talented to not be winning at least a tournament a year

MizzyBYU24 wrote:

He is going to need to go super low today in order for him to have a chance. It's nice seeing him on the leader board once gain.
  • hoganhawkhoganhawk Members Posts: 122
    I hope they are released and I can get the custom chalk markings on top. These are so much better looking than the weird and fake looking rbz retails.
    hoganhawk wrote:

I hope they are released and I can get the custom chalk markings on top. These are so much better looking than the weird and fake looking rbz retails.

Agreed! The retail version of the RBZ irons are so fugly. If TM would release an iron like this they would get more golfers under the RBZ umbrella. They make TP versions of the RBZ drivers, fwys and hybrids so why not do it for the irons too.
  • Tim DelgadoTim Delgado In Vino (and Golf) Veritas Members Posts: 1,749
    Unfortunately we will never see the "Camillo version" available, as I just bought the last set of them from UGotHustled. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

While the retail version of these irons may not be the prettiest irons out there, they are STUPID-easy to hit and are VERY long.

Full club+ longer than my Pings. About half of that distance gain is from the stronger lofts, but ONLY half. The other half-club distance gain is clearly from the design.

My ONLY issue with these irons (and I mean ONLY), is that they have just a bit too much offset for me. My Ping i15s have just a bit less offset, and I never lose a shot left (draw). Occassionally I would lose a shot left with my RBZs.

Pair the retail RBZ irons with Dynamic Gold shafts, and you will LOVE them.

My buddy (scratch player) has used Mizuno irons for years, and hit my RBZs on the range about a month ago. He LOVED them and immediately purchased a set. He threw up a 74 with a lost ball and 5 birdies today from the tips at Shadowhawk.

My point being, these irons will help ALL players, not just guys with high caps.

If you could use another 10-15 yards on each iron, and would benefit from a SUPER-easy to hit club, you should get past the busy cavity design and give these an honest shot. The topline is not bad at ALL to look down at either.

Tim

Unfortunately we will never see the "Camillo version" available, as I just bought the last set of them from UGotHustled. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

While the retail version of these irons may not be the prettiest irons out there, they are STUPID-easy to hit and are VERY long.

Full club+ longer than my Pings. About half of that distance gain is from the stronger lofts, but ONLY half. The other half-club distance gain is clearly from the design.

My ONLY issue with these irons (and I mean ONLY), is that they have just a bit too much offset for me. My Ping i15s have just a bit less offset, and I never lose a shot left (draw). Occassionally I would lose a shot left with my RBZs.

Pair the retail RBZ irons with Dynamic Gold shafts, and you will LOVE them.

My buddy (scratch player) has used Mizuno irons for years, and hit my RBZs on the range about a month ago. He LOVED them and immediately purchased a set. He threw up a 74 with a lost ball and 5 birdies today from the tips at Shadowhawk.

My point being, these irons will help ALL players, not just guys with high caps.

If you could use another 10-15 yards on each iron, and would benefit from a SUPER-easy to hit club, you should get past the busy cavity design and give these an honest shot. The topline is not bad at ALL to look down at either.

Tim

The only thing I don't like is from the 5 iron down with these irons. I was hoping that maybe we would see a refined TP set that would appeal more to the eye at address. These irons are long without a doubt but extremely ugly from the 5 iron down. Hopefully something cleaner will be released in the next offering.
  • dkolarikdkolarik Members Posts: 3
    dunk7 wrote:

I have three questions for those that like the looks of this iron

1. How do you think they look compared to the Adams CMB's?

2. Do you wear Lime Green on a regular basis?

3. Do you wear spandex more than 4 times a week?

I have two questions in response to your three

1. How much has the "player's" iron design changed over the past decade or two?

2. What's wrong with wearing lime green spandex more than 4 times a week (do boxer briefs count)?
  • dkolarikdkolarik Members Posts: 3
    Qegurezi wrote:

dj106 wrote:

Heard earlier in the year that each head was milled rather than cast. TM isn't holding out, these were as custom as it gets...
    dkolarik wrote:

Qegurezi wrote:

dj106 wrote:

Heard earlier in the year that each head was milled rather than cast. TM isn't holding out, these were as custom as it gets...

Exactly.
  • PINGman4lifePINGman4life Master's Champion Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    I still think that the RBZ irons looks aweful, but Tmag usually does a very good job with their tour issue and b-head stuff, so i'd bet that these things still hit pretty sweet. Just ugly thats all
  • ebartolomeebartolome Members Posts: 2
    Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but, I ended up with them. Got em for $80. Didn't know what I had until I started researching. Came with these shafts. 1aadd6ba4dcafd8a7dcd73b891c57d4d.jpg86a57a15e924972d4b97e352053b4c01.jpg
  • adh2k1adh2k1 Houghton, MIMembers Posts: 292 ✭✭
    They look good. I never hit the original RBZ, but have hit the RBladez and Speedblades. How do these feel? Super clicky, or are they softer at all.
    PXG 0811LX 9 / Ping G LST 9 / G400 Max 9
    Callaway xHot 3Deep
    Callaway Steelhead III 5w
    TEE CB Pro H 3 / 4
    Ping 6-U i200 S AWT2.0
    Ping Glide 2.0 56 ES
    Callaway PM Grind 64
    Odyssey 9 WHP / Odyssey Redball
  • ebartolomeebartolome Members Posts: 2
    Haven't had a chance to hit them, yet. Just got them a couple of days ago. Probably test then out this weekend.