2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

The Ultimate Swing Trainer

What is it?
(I went to post this in the training aids area but it said I couldn't post there, hope it's okay here)

I came across this thing called The Ultimate Swing Trainer:

http://theultimateswingtrainer.com

It says its for both distance and accuracy

However, for the life of me I looked around their site but couldn't find the product, at least I wasn't sure if I found it.

Does anyone know what it is? Is it worth it? Anything comparable but less expensive?

Thanks

Adams F11 10.5
X2 hot 15
Miz CLK hybrid 20
mp52 4-pw
Miz T-11 52, 56, 60
Tm imola

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='phillygolf' timestamp='1336484681' post='4871520']
(I went to post this in the training aids area but it said I couldn't post there, hope it's okay here)

I came across this thing called The Ultimate Swing Trainer:

http://theultimateswingtrainer.com

It says its for both distance and accuracy

However, for the life of me I looked around their site but couldn't find the product, at least I wasn't sure if I found it.

Does anyone know what it is? Is it worth it? Anything comparable but less expensive?

Thanks
[/quote]

I'm on their staff, so I've got one. It's not a weighted club; it's an elastic resistance machine. Since I'm a staff member I won't bother trying to tell you how much it will help, just read the testimonials and some of the names who endorse it. Brian Pavlet is in the long drive hall of fame and swears by it. Many PGA teaching pros use it with their students.

Define for me what makes a swing training aid the "ultimate" and I'll disprove that and 20 others. Biased as I may be, a proper training aid MUST possess certain things.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

[quote name='KSanford33' timestamp='1336488155' post='4871880'] it's an elastic resistance machine[/quote]

I "think" I caught a glimpse of the device in the following video:

[url="http://theultimateswingtrainer.com/video/ust-intro.html"]http://theultimatesw.../ust-intro.html[/url]

About 2/3 of the way through the video a guy pulls what looks like some surgical tubing out of a bag and the tubing has a short handle on one end, maybe 14 inches long, he throws the tubing over the top of a door and then the guy starts to stretch the tubing by holding the handle like a club appearing to mimic a swing, but it's only a few seconds

Is that the Ultimate Swing Trainer? The tubing thing? For $149.99, plus s+h?

If yes, why isn't this pictured prominently on the site?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Adams F11 10.5
X2 hot 15
Miz CLK hybrid 20
mp52 4-pw
Miz T-11 52, 56, 60
Tm imola

[quote name='phillygolf' timestamp='1336489678' post='4872092']

I "think" I caught a glimpse of the device in the following video:

[url="http://theultimateswingtrainer.com/video/ust-intro.html"]http://theultimatesw.../ust-intro.html[/url]

About 2/3 of the way through the video a guy pulls what looks like some surgical tubing out of a bag and the tubing has a short handle on one end, maybe 14 inches long, he throws the tubing over the top of a door and then the guy starts to stretch the tubing by holding the handle like a club appearing to mimic a swing, but it's only a few seconds

Is that the Ultimate Swing Trainer? The tubing thing? For $149.99, plus s+h?

If yes, why isn't this pictured prominently on the site?

What am I missing?

Thanks
[/quote]

It probably doesn't feature because it's the same as every other elastic resistance trainer, and thus very easy to copy. Sounds just like the elastic bands I got for physiotherapy.

Below are the messages sent to me by "the inventor" of this product. Please take this person's conduct into consideration when you make your decision about purchasing this product. I have not replied to either message sent by the person. I have reported the individual to the mods.

[quote]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Im the inventor of The Ultimate Swing Trainer and my name is [b](name removed for privacy)[/b]. I was a pga pro and have competed in 6 world long drive championships. My swing Trainer is going to be used at Troon Golf Resorts around the world. What does it do? It can help someone stop slicing, build a repeatable swing, increase accuracy and increase distance dramatically at the same time. It is a product, program, dvd, and training guide all in one. Its not simply a product. - We were voted "The Best Golf Product of 2012" We have sold 3000 of them with zero advertiing in 11 countries. Plus, 100 PGA Teaching Pros teach with them, 22 Touring Professionals use them, 8 World Long Drive champions train with them. One wait - being used this upcoming year by the biggest teacher in Las Vegas. Probably doesn't work? (Kidding!) [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Please go to YouTube.com THE ULTIMATE SWING TRAINER.[/size][/color]facebook:[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]The Ultimate Swing Trainer or [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]This guy kind of thinks its works?[/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Can i add just one more - Do not underestimate what we have because we spent 11 years and have 2 patents on our product. email us @ [b](email address removed for privacy)[/b] and we will send you all the pics you want![/size][/color] [color="#1C2837"][size="2"]![/size][/color][/quote]

[quote][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]YOU CALLED IT A SCAM a******! A SCAM! DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]SHHHH WHEN YOU GET PASSED BY EVERYONE AND IT APPEARS ON GOLFSMITHS, DICKS AND GOLF GALAXY'S SHELVES IN JULY YOU CAN REMEMBER "YOUR SCAM" COMMENT! [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]WE DONT WANT YOUR $100![/size][/color] [/quote]

The spammer continues: [quote] [size="2"][color="#1C2837"]At least you have the courtesy to post our accomplishments. We were alerted about this by many people who have gotten a lot better at golf because of our swing trainer and they were pissed at you! [/color][/size] [color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Understand, people dont like it when people call their lifes work and they are changing golf " A SCAM. [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]When you accomplish something like this, you will understand why your "A SCAM" comment is so disrespectful. Good Luck [/size][/color] [/quote]

Any WRXers on here that have used this product and found it useful, please feel free to add to this discussion. I would value your opinion much more than the inventor/spammer.

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1336502347' post='4873702']
The spammer continues: [quote] [size="2"][color="#1c2837"]At least you have the courtesy to post our accomplishments. We were alerted about this by many people who have gotten a lot better at golf because of our swing trainer and they were pissed at you! [/color][/size] [color="#1c2837"][size="2"]Understand, people dont like it when people call their lifes work and they are changing golf " A SCAM. [/size][/color][color="#1c2837"][size="2"]When you accomplish something like this, you will understand why your "A SCAM" comment is so disrespectful. Good Luck [/size][/color][/quote]

Any WRXers on here that have used this product and found it useful, please feel free to add to this discussion. I would value your opinion much more than the inventor/spammer.
[/quote]

rock, I bought one based on the review that i read at the link below - you'll see a picture of the product there too:

[url="http://www.hititlonger.com/blog/article/increase-swing-speed-with-the-ultimate-swing-trainer/"]http://www.hititlonger.com/blog/article/increase-swing-speed-with-the-ultimate-swing-trainer/[/url]

I've worked out with it 3 times now - i.e., I just got it a few weeks ago. I'm using it over the next 3 months as a fitness product to increase my clubhead speed.

Feel free to post questions. I'll try to answer them.

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1336501099' post='4873542']
Below are the messages sent to me by "the inventor" of this product. Please take this person's conduct into consideration when you make your decision about purchasing this product. I have not replied to either message sent by the person. I have reported the individual to the mods.

[quote]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Im the inventor of The Ultimate Swing Trainer and my name is [b](name removed for privacy)[/b]. I was a pga pro and have competed in 6 world long drive championships. My swing Trainer is going to be used at Troon Golf Resorts around the world. What does it do? It can help someone stop slicing, build a repeatable swing, increase accuracy and increase distance dramatically at the same time. It is a product, program, dvd, and training guide all in one. Its not simply a product. - We were voted "The Best Golf Product of 2012" We have sold 3000 of them with zero advertiing in 11 countries. Plus, 100 PGA Teaching Pros teach with them, 22 Touring Professionals use them, 8 World Long Drive champions train with them. One wait - being used this upcoming year by the biggest teacher in Las Vegas. Probably doesn't work? (Kidding!) [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Please go to YouTube.com THE ULTIMATE SWING TRAINER.[/size][/color]facebook:[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]The Ultimate Swing Trainer or [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]This guy kind of thinks its works?[/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Can i add just one more - Do not underestimate what we have because we spent 11 years and have 2 patents on our product. email us @ [b](email address removed for privacy)[/b] and we will send you all the pics you want![/size][/color] [color="#1C2837"][size="2"]![/size][/color][/quote]

[/quote]

I received basically the same message as above. Why? Because I asked what makes this "ultimate?" I happen to have several patents myself and know what makes a swing trainer effective and useful to more of the masses. The biggest problem in the golf swing is that so many poor shots are created differently. For example, I believe the last count was that you can actually shank a ball abou[u]t[/u] 14 different ways. Furthermore, nothing is truly as effective as a tool that teaches and trains you to swing your own club(s) properly, while actually hitting shots with them. Anything else is like practicing with a broom or a hockey stick to promote a proper move yet never hitting an actual shot. How effective can that really be? You may have a "pretty" swing but can you actually hit it......oh yeah, and consistently? In short, you can only improve, at anything, by properly repeating what you're trying to get better at over and over again. In golf, that's only achieved by [u]properly[/u] hitting actual shots, again and again. I don't see that happening with a broom, or an elastic band, a heavy club or a hockey stick, for that matter. However, that's just my opinion.....but one with lot's of experience as well.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1336501099' post='4873542']
Below are the messages sent to me by "the inventor" of this product. Please take this person's conduct into consideration when you make your decision about purchasing this product...

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]YOU CALLED IT A SCAM a******! A SCAM! DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]SHHHH WHEN YOU GET PASSED BY EVERYONE AND IT APPEARS ON GOLFSMITHS, DICKS AND GOLF GALAXY'S SHELVES IN JULY YOU CAN REMEMBER "YOUR SCAM" COMMENT! [/size][/color][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]WE DONT WANT YOUR $100![/size][/color] [/quote][quote name='Hifade' timestamp='1336504485' post='4874000']I received basically the same message as above...[/quote]

[b]I'd suggest the sender of PMs like the above read GolfWRX's [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"][size="3"]Goals, Rules, and Terms[/size][/url] before continuing down that path.[/b]

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

Okay folks, here is the deal. I am just your simple everyday average amateur golfer looking to improve his golf game like everyone else. Last year my buddy and I played quite frequently, and we were pretty equal in skill, length of the tee, and overall game. In the off season, my buddy discovered the Ultimate Swing Trainer and would come to work just singing it's praises. Like all the previous posters in this forum, I was extremely skeptical about another golf product claiming to fix all the ailments that us amatuer golfers have in our swings, add distance to our drives, and all that jazz. To begin the season this year, I went on a golf trip to Pinehurst, N.C. with my buddy and bunch of other guys. We played four rounds of golf in three days and the entire time my buddy was absolutely crushing the ball off the tee!!! He went from a long drive last season of 270 yards or so to over 330 yards this season!!!! He hits the ball consistently 300 yards now with ease! His cousin had also bought the Ultimate Swing Trainer and was early in the program when we went on the trip and he also was "bombing" the ball. His consistency, however, wasn't quite there yet though. Upon our return to Ohio, we've played a few more times since our trip and both of them are just on fire right now. Of course, I was fortunate enough to witness the transformation of swings for two people I know and not some paid actor on the golf channel. That was enough to convince me to purchase the Ultimate Swing Trainer and I've owned it now for about 8 weeks. I have went from hitting the driver last season 250 - 265 yards to hitting it 290 consistently!!! I have a few drives 300+ as well. I'm not quite at the level as the other two guys I know, but that is my own fault because I will admit, shamefully, that I haven't put in the same commitment as they do with the product. That is due to no fault of the Ultimate Swing Trainer but of my work ethic. I saw immediate results after using the Ultimate Swing Trainer after two weeks of owning it and had convinced myself that I was ready for the PGA tour. Ha! What can I say? I am victim to the age of instant of gratification!!

Again, I am regular joe and have never met the inventor or taken a lesson from him. I am active duty military and do have a sense of ethics. This product absolutely works!!! On the surface the Ulitmate Swing Trainer seems rather basic and just another one of "those" products. It is so much more than that! The inventor includes an instructional DVD on how to use the product. By using the product correctly, you are able to get the club and keep the club on plane. It prevents you from "casting" and "coming over the top". If you do come over the top, the Ultimate Swing Trainer will bite you and you will get a harsh lesson in the cheek that you don't want to feel again!! It helps you create lag in your swing because of the resistance from the band and you will begin to develop a feel (muscle memory) for where the club needs to be at the top and through the downswing. As avid golfers, all would agree that swing plane and lag is half the battle to grooving a consistent powerful swing. The inventor also includes a workout program for this product to develop the "fast twitch" fiber muscles to help increase clubhead speed. The Ultimate Swing Trainer is most definitely not a weighted club or just a gimmick. In a sense, you get a product that works, a golf lesson, and a workout program designed strictly for the golf swing!!! It is portable and can be thrown in your golf bag. Using it for a few minutes before a round helps to get you stretched out and prepare your golf muscles for eighteen holes. Thirty minutes a night and within two weeks, you will be blasting driver down the fairway and 'snapping" balls off the irons!! I feel very strongly about the Ultimate Swing Trainer because I've seen what it has done for my two buddy's game and now mine is such a short period of time. I believe in honest assesments and not endorsements. Everything I have written is 100% accurate and truthful. I hope this helps clear up some of the mystery for those previous posters.

Signed,

A Staff Sergeant

[quote name='adams2311' timestamp='1336534608' post='4877310']
Okay folks, here is the deal. I am just your simple everyday average amateur golfer looking to improve his golf game like everyone else. Last year my buddy and I played quite frequently, and we were pretty equal in skill, length of the tee, and overall game. In the off season, my buddy discovered the Ultimate Swing Trainer and would come to work just singing it's praises. Like all the previous posters in this forum, I was extremely skeptical about another golf product claiming to fix all the ailments that us amatuer golfers have in our swings, add distance to our drives, and all that jazz. To begin the season this year, I went on a golf trip to Pinehurst, N.C. with my buddy and bunch of other guys. We played four rounds of golf in three days and the entire time my buddy was absolutely crushing the ball off the tee!!! He went from a long drive last season of 270 yards or so to over 330 yards this season!!!! He hits the ball consistently 300 yards now with ease! His cousin had also bought the Ultimate Swing Trainer and was early in the program when we went on the trip and he also was "bombing" the ball. His consistency, however, wasn't quite there yet though. Upon our return to Ohio, we've played a few more times since our trip and both of them are just on fire right now. Of course, I was fortunate enough to witness the transformation of swings for two people I know and not some paid actor on the golf channel. That was enough to convince me to purchase the Ultimate Swing Trainer and I've owned it now for about 8 weeks. I have went from hitting the driver last season 250 - 265 yards to hitting it 290 consistently!!! I have a few drives 300+ as well. I'm not quite at the level as the other two guys I know, but that is my own fault because I will admit, shamefully, that I haven't put in the same commitment as they do with the product. That is due to no fault of the Ultimate Swing Trainer but of my work ethic. I saw immediate results after using the Ultimate Swing Trainer after two weeks of owning it and had convinced myself that I was ready for the PGA tour. Ha! What can I say? I am victim to the age of instant of gratification!!

Again, I am regular joe and have never met the inventor or taken a lesson from him. I am active duty military and do have a sense of ethics. This product absolutely works!!! On the surface the Ulitmate Swing Trainer seems rather basic and just another one of "those" products. It is so much more than that! The inventor includes an instructional DVD on how to use the product. By using the product correctly, you are able to get the club and keep the club on plane. It prevents you from "casting" and "coming over the top". If you do come over the top, the Ultimate Swing Trainer will bite you and you will get a harsh lesson in the cheek that you don't want to feel again!! It helps you create lag in your swing because of the resistance from the band and you will begin to develop a feel (muscle memory) for where the club needs to be at the top and through the downswing. As avid golfers, all would agree that swing plane and lag is half the battle to grooving a consistent powerful swing. The inventor also includes a workout program for this product to develop the "fast twitch" fiber muscles to help increase clubhead speed. The Ultimate Swing Trainer is most definitely not a weighted club or just a gimmick. In a sense, you get a product that works, a golf lesson, and a workout program designed strictly for the golf swing!!! It is portable and can be thrown in your golf bag. Using it for a few minutes before a round helps to get you stretched out and prepare your golf muscles for eighteen holes. Thirty minutes a night and within two weeks, you will be blasting driver down the fairway and 'snapping" balls off the irons!! I feel very strongly about the Ultimate Swing Trainer because I've seen what it has done for my two buddy's game and now mine is such a short period of time. I believe in honest assesments and not endorsements. Everything I have written is 100% accurate and truthful. I hope this helps clear up some of the mystery for those previous posters.

Signed,

A Staff Sergeant
[/quote]

I'm calling BS on this. I find it very fishy that somebody came out of the woodwork last night and created a new account last night, only to post a very long, glowing review.

[quote name='phillygolf' timestamp='1336576521' post='4879830']
thanks for the link biggolf:

[url="http://www.hititlonger.com/blog/article/increase-swing-speed-with-the-ultimate-swing-trainer/"]http://www.hititlong...-swing-trainer/[/url]

looks like some surgical tubing with a club handle on one end, correct?

thanks
[/quote]

It's some kind of elastic tubing with a club handle on the end, yes.
The booklet or website said that the elastic tubing was custom made to
the guy's requirements.

I have been using the Ultimate Swing Trainer for about three months. I also know the inventor (Full disclosure), that was how I came across the product. I can say that my swing has gotten a lot better since using this product. I have picked up about 30 yards off the tee, as well as 10 - 15 yards with the irons. This product is still in its infancy and there are plenty of testimonials on you tube and the website. Personally I have seen dramatic improvement in my distance and accuracy since using the product. I have already dropped my handicap from a 12 to an 8 in the short time in using it. But again the original intent of the product was to help long drivers only (Hence the limited marketing and lack of pics).But once he found out the other ways he could use it to help any golfer he decided to make it available to anyone interested. I can only speak for my own results with the UST, but I can tell you I am glad I found it. It grooves the proper swing while at the same time giving resistance to build the proper golf muscles. Like some of the others have posted there are a lot of gimmicks and It is natural to be a skeptic. This product works that's all I know and I will continue to use it and drive it past all my buddies while kicking their butts. I don't feel it is fair to judge something you either haven't used or know nothing about. All I can say is try it if you haven't then don't say its a scam. Would you rather waste $300 on the newest driver that claims more distance or, spend your money on something that will actually help you develop a consistent repeatable swing.

[quote name='jamiebwood' timestamp='1336607169' post='4883968']
I have been using the Ultimate Swing Trainer for about three months. I also know the inventor (Full disclosure), that was how I came across the product. I can say that my swing has gotten a lot better since using this product. I have picked up about 30 yards off the tee, as well as 10 - 15 yards with the irons. This product is still in its infancy and there are plenty of testimonials on you tube and the website. Personally I have seen dramatic improvement in my distance and accuracy since using the product. I have already dropped my handicap from a 12 to an 8 in the short time in using it. But again the original intent of the product was to help long drivers only (Hence the limited marketing and lack of pics).But once he found out the other ways he could use it to help any golfer he decided to make it available to anyone interested. I can only speak for my own results with the UST, but I can tell you I am glad I found it. It grooves the proper swing while at the same time giving resistance to build the proper golf muscles. Like some of the others have posted there are a lot of gimmicks and It is natural to be a skeptic. This product works that's all I know and I will continue to use it and drive it past all my buddies while kicking their butts. I don't feel it is fair to judge something you either haven't used or know nothing about. All I can say is try it if you haven't then don't say its a scam. Would you rather waste $300 on the newest driver that claims more distance or, spend your money on something that will actually help you develop a consistent repeatable swing.
[/quote]

jamie,

I'm in that 12 hcp range and fly it 220 max. I bought the product, per my previous post, to get more distance.

It was a leap of faith, but I figured I'd use it for a year and hopefully at least get some more endurance.
Actually the price motivates me to use it for the full year! ;) However, another way to look at it would be about $10/mo for a year.

I'm hoping to see a nice change in my distance at 3 months of use.

• 2 weeks later...

I own one had if for a few weeks, It is really good IMO, for me the nest thing is accuracy with my irons and driver for that matter. you get used to dropping the club in the right place with out thinking, which has been awesome for when I am actually trying to hit controlled shots in the wind. As for distance , I have changed my swing and I know it will improve, I had sacrificed distance for accuracy recently so hoping this will get my distance back to what it used to be. On launch monitor I average between 114 -118 mph, my smash factor is very inconsistent though - I believe this product will help with that.

EArly days but I recommend thoroughly.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered one from Steve Pratt. Here's a link to an article he wrote on the UST.

[url="http://www.hititlonger.com/blog/article/increase-swing-speed-with-the-ultimate-swing-trainer/"]http://www.hititlonger.com/blog/article/increase-swing-speed-with-the-ultimate-swing-trainer/[/url]

Before ordering, I e-mailed him to ask why there were so few photos or videos on their web site demonstrating its use. Apparently, they are concerned that other companies may try to steal their idea, even though it is patented. After seeing all of the knockoff training aids that Skilz has brought to market, I can't say that I blame them for being cautious.

However, I think they are being overly cautious. If someone wanted to steal their idea, they could simply buy one. By not showing the product in use, they are unnecessarily raising the suspicions of potential buyers.

Once I have had a chance to use the UST for awhile, I'll be happy to post a review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A waste of money. If they will not show a picture of the actual product, you know it is a scam.

It's funny how someone that has never tried a product, nor seen it feels a need to make such comments.

From someone that has actually used the UST, I will say that it's an amazing product. The product works, it really works. My swing has improved 10 fold in a few months of diligent use. YMMV

Here's a pic of it.

ultimate-swing-trainer.jpg

• 4 years later...