CHAT TIME! CALLAWAY & TRUE TEMPER Monday 2-3PM EDT

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,283 mod
edited May 15, 2012 in Industry Chats #1
Ask questions NOW for a chance to win TA RAZR Fit w/Project X Black
[color="#8B0000"][size="6"][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/655214-chat-time-callaway-true-temper-monday-2-3pm-edt/page__view__findpost__p__4912508"]CLICK HERE FOR THE START OF THE CHAT[/url][/size][/color]

[color="#8B0000"][size="6"]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/655214-chat-time-callaway-true-temper-monday-2-3pm-edt/page__view__findpost__p__4912508"]CLICK HERE FOR THE START OF THE CHAT[/url]
[/size][/color]

[size="3"]Callaway’s Luke Williams, global director of woods and irons and True Temper’s Chad Hall, director product marketing and global tour operations will be here live fielding all your questions. Join us!

On Monday, May 14, from 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. EDT GolfWRX members will have the chance to discuss Callaway’s new Tour Authentic RAZR FIT driver which is offered with the new Project X Black shaft. Williams and Hall will be available to answer any questions about the new driver and shaft.

***Also, any GolfWRX member who submits a question that is answered during the live chat will have a chance to win one of three Tour Authentic RAZR FIT drivers with a Project X Black shaft.***

Here are the details again...

• When: Monday May 14, 2PM EDT
  • Who: Callaway's Luke Williams and True Temper's Chad Hall
  • What: Callaway's Tour Authentic RAZR Fit driver & new Project X Black Shaft
  • Ask: A question and if it's answered, you're eligible to win 1 of 3 Tour Authentic RAZR Fit drivers with a Project X Black Shaft

Tour Authentic RAZR Fit: The combination of Forged Composite and OptiFit Technology makes Callaway’s first driver featuring adjustability the performance leader. The OptiFit Tour Hosel offers nine unique face angles to choose from and the six OptiFit Tour Weights allow for a more finely tuned ball flight and trajectory. Golfers can dial in their ideal settings with Tour Authentic Technology and hit drives with distance and accuracy like never before.

Project X Black: The new Project X Black features a 10% weight reduction from the original Project X graphite for explosive power while preserving critical tip stability and low spin performance. With proprietary Dual Torsional Control, Project X Black reduces spin rates at impact for optimized peak trajectory with flatter descent angles for maximum carry and roll.[/size]

[color="#8B0000"][size="6"]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/655214-chat-time-callaway-true-temper-monday-2-3pm-edt/page__view__findpost__p__4912508"]CLICK HERE FOR THE START OF THE CHAT[/url]
[/size][/color]
Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aadavis58aadavis58 Members Posts: 3
    What technology makes the RAZR Fit longer than other drivers out there? Why should I not buy a Taylormade RBZ Tour or the Ping I20?
  • Mward2002Mward2002 Members Posts: 1,080
    For years, Callaway did their best to stay out of the adjustable driver market. What made 2012 the year they decided enough was enough, let's show the masses why we can make a better driver than the rest of the market?
  • FlopShotFredFlopShotFred Members Posts: 342
    With the Razr Fit Tour Authentic hosel, do the +/- on the second cog simply open or close the face more or does it adjust the lie? For a right-handed golfer, is there a way to play a draw with a lower ball flight? It is my understanding that closing the face would increase the actual loft, thus not correcting the high ball flight issue.
    Taylormade M1 8.5 Rogue 70X
    TEE E8 Tour 15* Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist 909 19* ProForce V2 90X
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-P
    Vokey 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron X5
  • jabrchjabrch Members Posts: 3,915 ✭✭
    edited May 9, 2012 #5
    Chad, What was the release strategy around the RF, The RF TA and the Custom RF all being staggered so much? Was there a reason they couldn't all be released in February so that a buyer could have his choice of the newest option, rather than have to buy the RF on 2/15, then uprgade to a TA or a Custom later?

I bought a RF on 2/15, but wished I was able to get a TA....or maybe an Orange....or maybe an Orange TA...
    Ping G30 Tour 65
    Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
    Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
    Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
    Vokey 60 degree
    STX Putter
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 20,083 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have the best commercials out there now. What are you going to do next? Hints?
    Titleist 915D3 9.5
    Titleist 917Fd @ 14.25
    Mizuno Clk 19, 22
    Titleist 716mb 4-Pw
    Vokey SM7 52, 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 8
    Titleist ProV1

• 3 piece3 piece Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Given the shaft options available for the Razr Fit Driver, just how many set-up combinations are there?

• golfercolegolfercole Members Posts: 75
    What makes Callaway's driver better than taylormade's who has the title of #1 drivers in golf?
    M1 460//Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 6x
    SLDR 3w//GDDI 7x
    M1 3Hybrid//Kuro Kage 8x
    Mizuno MP-4(7-PW), MP-15(4-6)//C-TaperX
  • avg_josephavg_joseph Members Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭
    Chad,

Project X Black Fairway and Hybrid shafts are available from one major OEM, will these shafts be made available for purchase at the consumer level?
  • kduncan55kduncan55 Members Posts: 25
    Luke, please describe the advantages of the Tour Authenic Razr Fit vs the Razr Fit Driver.
  • teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ Hastings, New ZealandMembers Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How is True Temper going to continue to push the envelope? Surely there must be a time where we reach maximum capactiy! I notice shafts are getting lighter now, how light can we go? Will we end up like fly fishing rods?
  • TidiliwompTidiliwomp Members Posts: 169
    Chad,

What viability, if any, is there in coatings and paints that reduce friction in order to increase impact speeds? We have seen that the shaft used for the Cobra Long Tom supposedly has a paint that reduces friction through the air can we expect to see Callaway (or any club maker) utilizing similar technology in the future?

Also the Razr name lends it self so well to a simple blade putter... possibly with the Odyssey Metal X Insert anything in the works?

• SPY ZINGERSPY ZINGER Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭
    Luke: Are the weights for the RAZR Fit going to be released to consumers to modify swing weight/flight bias? Also, will the tips be sold to consumers as well?

Thanks!
  • Br1an02;Br1an02; Members Posts: 1,089
    How long did the entire Razr Fit project take, from idea to production?
  • displaynamedisplayname Members Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the TA RF be even quieter then non TA version. I know many people are looking for that hot melt "muted" sound in a driver, and it's rarely found off the shelf. Any changes that we might see that in this TA version?
  • Marks23Marks23 Members Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the Razr Fit TA (and Razr Fit for that matter) designed with the high swingweight? Is the Project X Black in the TA the same shaft that can be purchased aftermarket or is it designed for the TA?
  • Jesse SanchezJesse Sanchez The Knife Members Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭
    I want a Razr Fit TA, Will this be available to the public. or is it just for tour pros?
  • chilidipper72chilidipper72 Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited May 9, 2012 #18
    Luke-

Lots of us that are planning to buy the Razr Fit TA are wondering if we will be able to buy additional shafts from callaway individually for the TA, and if we will be able to buy the additional shafts with the dual tour cogs already installed for our TAs or just the single cogs available currently?
  • GoldenhawkGoldenhawk Members Posts: 3,241 ✭✭
    Luke: The RAZR Fit TA is creating some buzz, and the RAZR Fit is a good seller. What does Callaway see as the next evolution of the RAZR Fit concept.

Chad: The RAZR Black irons feature the True Temper Memphis 10 shafts. This is not the first time that Callaway has used this shaft in previous irons (X-14s and earlier). What made Callaway choose this shaft for the RAZR Black iron, is the shaft updated, and what are the properties of the Memphis 10 shaft?
    Callawa Epci Flash, 9.0* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard 63
    Callaway Epic Flash, 15* 3-wood, Project X Evenflow 65
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 18* 5-wood, Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Redboard 73
    Titleist AP3, 4 to AW, True Temper AMT Black S300
    Titleist Vokey Wedges, 50*, 56* and 60*, M Grind, True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
  • YepyukonYepyukon Hinge + Hold Members Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2012 #20
    Luke- I have a lot of friends and family in the military and Callaway has always shown great character with their support for Birdies for the Brave. I was wondering if you were going to release anything this year (possibly not in camo but still sharing a portion of proceeds to the cause)? Maybe even a camo or red/white/blue accent RAZR Fit head?

Thank you Luke and Chad for your time.
    Srixon 785 10.5* w/ Oban Devotion
    Nike VR Pro Limited 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
    Srixon ZU85 18* w/ Diamana WB
    Srixon ZU85 22* w/ AxivCore Blue
    Srixon 785 5 - 8 w/ Project X Flighted
    Srixon Z Forged 9 - PW w/ Project X Flighted
    Cleveland RTX 4 50* 55* 60*
    Nike Method 003 Oven Prototype
    Srixon ZSTAR XV Tour Yellow
  • Bobby sBobby s Members Posts: 536
    edited May 9, 2012 #21
    I've never used a Driver with Swingweight technology. How beneficial would it be to my game to have the RAZR fit with this technology? What different things could I do?Is it easy to adjust the settings around?
  • Will ParWill Par Members Posts: 1,005
    How much directional difference (in yards left or right) would a consistent player see between the open, square, and closed settings on the RAZR Fit driver with similar swings? Or what is the difference that Callaway has determined from robotic testing?
    The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. -Bob Dylan
    Everything is dust in the wind. -Kansas
  • is76550is76550 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Williams what do you believe will be Callaways next break through technology? You have had many advancements from the original Big Berthas to the new RAZR Fit with adjustable weights, a super light crown, and adjustable shaft technology. I am curious to know where the next breakthrough will come from. Thank you for your time.

Mr Hall, I am a huge fan of the Project X graphite shafts ( was using an early prototype until I lent it to my brother in as and I haven't seen it since). My question is it yours or True Tempers philosophy that lighter is better? There are a lot of manufacturers who are going to very light shafts I was hoping forward to your opinons on these ultra light shafts and their effect on distance and accuracy. Thank you for your time as well.

To GolfWRX thanks for the giveaway and forputting this all together.
    TM / Titleist / Machine
    WITB Link
  • gavman07gavman07 Members Posts: 169
    With Callaway now becoming a leader in the personal customization trend that has hit golf with the new "custom color" RAZR Fit, has True Temper talked to Callaway about possibly offering "custom color" project X driver shafts or even custom color labeled iron shafts? Obviously this has no affect on performance, but do Callaway and True Temper currently talk about teaming up to be the pioneer in a truly fully custom driver?
    D- Cally Epic 10.5* Kiyoshi Purple 03
    4W- Cally Steelhead 17 w/ Tensei Blue Reg.
    3H-5H- Taylormade M2 w/ Recoil 95's
    6i-GW- Mizuno JPX 900 w/ Recoil 95's
    Putter- Cameron Del Mar "Smile"
    Wedges- 52* and 58* Callaway Forged w/ Recoil 95's
  • JPNC1977JPNC1977 Members Posts: 530 ✭✭
    I understand the TA hosel provides 3 sub-positions for Open, Standard, and Closed which equates to a total of 9 different positions. Can you comment on the change in effective loft for each of the positions?
  • homergolfhomergolf Bay Village, OHMembers Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Hi guys. Thanks for the chance to win. Do you feel that with the new CEO there will be any fundamental changes in the strategy Callaway employs its product lineup? Will there be more emphasis on "players" stuff or game improvement products, or no change at all?
    Ping G400, 9, adjusted to 10
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • shortfieldshortfield Members Posts: 86
    Seems like every OEM, Callaway included, has several iron models that offer various True Temper steel shafts as stock options. But its more difficult to find stock graphite shafts with True Temper logos on them. I'm sure there are a ton of reasons for that, but I am excited to see the Project X Black as a stock option for the Razr Fit TA. What characteristics of the Project X Black stand out, and helped Callaway choose it as its go to shaft?
  • tbombtbomb Wheel, Snipe, Party - Gongshow Hockey Members Posts: 2,372 ✭✭
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day.

1) How does Callaway decide what to use for a stock shaft?

> (I hit the RHT w/ the RIP, and the RZR Fit with the Stock RIP'D NV and both were really solid, props!!)

2) Please explain Callaway's marketing strategy with their irons, are so many models really necessary?

THANKS GUYS AND WRX!!
  • Yellow JacketYellow Jacket Members Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How did Callaway decide to offer adjustment for face angle and heel/toe weighting but not lie or loft? Do you feel that some adjustment systems are too overwhelming in their options?
    915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy 70TX
    915F 15* Diamana D+PLUS 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic 90TX
    716MB 4-PW X100
    SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
    Bullseye Flange

• lukesmurf59lukesmurf59 Look at me, look at me... WHA-PANG!! LET'S GO! Members Posts: 2,802 ✭✭
    Luke, (my name too by the way) can you go more into the exact adjustability of the TA vs. Retail and any differences? I was told the TA may have a slightly deeper face or appear shorter front to back. Are there any differences in the head aside from the pvd finish and green accents? Is the greater adjustability the only change structurally?

Also, I would love to know more about the decision making process you guys go through regarding what the product released to the public will be. How do you choose shafts especially? What about the rather high swingweight on these clubs?

Thanks so much, I have been itching to try a Razr Fit TA. Now would be a great chance! Would go well w/ my X-proto's, razr x tour hybrid and hex black tour balls. Wonder if it can finally knock out the FT Tour...
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 Fubuki ZT 60S
    Titleist 913f 13.5 Diamana S+ 72 S
    Callaway Razr X Tour 18 Fubuki AX 400h X
    Callaway X Utility Prototype 18 PXi 6.0
    Callaway TA X Prototype PX Flighted 6.0 2-P
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select M1 (2016)
  • Ugo DeRosaUgo DeRosa Ugo Derosa Members Posts: 1,055
    I see you have added additional custom shaft options since the Razr Fit was first released. Can you tell us some of the additional custom shaft models that will be added to this list in the next couple of months?

I love my Razr Fit. Best driver on the market.

Thanks
    Mizuno JPX-900 | Fujikura Speeder EVO II 661
    Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17*
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hybrid 21*
    Taylormade P790 (5-Gap)
    Callaway MD3 (58, 54)
    Taylormade Spider Tour

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file