Nike 20XI-S Tour Golf Balls

Sourpuss

love this ball, so squishy off the blocks. i know some people complained about loosing distance with their driver but for me the this ball off the irons was awesome, really hot off the putter face, it rolled smooth and straight.

gave this ball to a couple pro's and they really liked it alot, much better than the srixon, callaway and prov's, imo...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'd say much better haha. I liked them. They felt great of the putter and solid with the wedges. Produced plenty of spin and held up pretty well. I didn't notice any yardage lost off the tee box I just didn't care for how they felt off the driver. Of course the way I'm swinging a driver now the ball probably didn't have a lot to do with it.

I'd love to be able to post something balanced and constructive...but I can't. They are the worst ball I have ever had the misfortune to try.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

[quote name='ParOrBetter' timestamp='1337596720' post='4949600']
[quote name='MarkFromTheUK' timestamp='1337596176' post='4949590']
I'd love to be able to post something balanced and constructive...but I can't. They are the worst ball I have ever had the misfortune to try.
[/quote]
Ever tried a top flite xl 2000???
[/quote]

Yes, and the 20XI-S was worse...

Actually, my first comment was somewhat inaccurate... The 20XI-X is the worst ball, the 20XI-S is the 2nd worst.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

My main issue was the feel. They felt absolutely dead to me, particularly with the short irons. Although they spun (a lot) they didn't actually feel like they were spinning at impact. With comparable balls such as the Pro V, Z Star or Hex Black, when I hit it I can feel that it is packed with spin, but with the 20XI I had no idea how the ball was going to react until it hit the green, which placed a lot of uncertainty in my mind.

I also found it to be a bit too spinny off the driver, nowhere near as good in the wind as the Z Star or Hex Black, and hated the feel off the putter.

Other than that, great ball!

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Played a few rounds with this ball and liked it ok but not enough to kick my current ball (Penta) out of the bag. For me it flies about the same off the driver as other tour level balls. Also, distance off my irons and wedges is the same as well. It spins more off full wedge shots than my current ball (too much for my liking, in fact). Performs fairly well around the green alsol. My biggest issue with it is feel and sound...it sounds very clicky off all clubs for me, and as another poster said I can't "feel" the shot appropriately. That was enough for me not to keep playing it. Not a bad ball but needs a few improvements for me to keep playing it.

My ball of choice. I basically like everything about it. It's probably the spinniest ball around the green that I've ever played, but yet it's good off the tee for me.

Also, for a soft tour ball, it's very long w/ the driver. I don't know if it's the Rezin core they're talking about or what but it launches off the driver face. Feels nice off the driver too.

If you don't like so much spin, simply go w/ the X version. I play a ball for it's greenside characteristics. I like a lot of spin. That's obviously just me though.

Durability is probably slightly better than average for a tour ball, IMO.

Take that for what it's worth. Some obviously don't like this ball, and some do.

Don't be surprised to see this ball coming down in price within a month either.

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour

They perform well except in the wind. Legendary around the greens. They do sound like the older Callaway Tour I and IX balls but just a touch softer. Solid ball.

Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Oban Devotion
Titleist 913fd 15* Diamana D+
Ping i25 19*
Titleist 714 AP2/MB KBS Tour (3-P)
Vokey 52F, TVD 58M
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I am a die hard ProV1x user but I really liked the 20XI-S when my Nike rep gave me a couple to try. I ended up buying more of them and I really like them. They perform great, minimal spin off the driver and have good control around the greens. They do have a different sound to them, though. Since then I have gone back to my ProV1x balls but in my mind they are #1 and #2 in the golf ball market right now.

WITB:
Ping G425 LST with Tour AD-DI
Nike Vapor Flex 3 and 5 FW with Tour AD-DI
Ping i230 irons with Project X 6.0 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 55*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Have to agree with the person that said that he felt that the 20XI felt dead. I had the same feeling. No feedback re: the strike, so it was hard to tell if a poor shot was a mishit or a poor choice. Didn't like it around the green. Felt too hard (used the S and still) and didn't see the spin that others have talked about. Glad I only bought a sleeve. As always with golf, YMMV.

i like the comments here, we all strike the ball different and that is what makes us prefer one ball to another. it would be interesting to see who likes what ball and what their swing is like and distances. these are full swing distances and hard. my miss is a hard hook, used to be a slice but working with pro and now i am in between a hook and a push.

driver-270 carry, hooks alot
3 wood-250, hooks alot
rescue-230-pretty straight
4iron-215
5iron-200
6iron-185
7iron-175
8iron-165
9iron-155
p-140
gap-125
sandy-115
lob-100

There' s a lot I agree with in this thread - not a good feeling or sounding ball. In fact on two holes in a row with the driver, it sounded
Ike I cracked the shaft or head... Was terrifying!

I also had the big hooks with them - much more than any other ball I've played. It may be me trying to muscle up and utilize that tough core but the ball (both versions) have gotten me into way more trouble than helping. For my game, there are way better options out there.

People looking for sales? Golf martt, Edwin watts, etc have them for $35 now.

Callaway Rogue ST LS 9* Ventus Blue Velo TR 6s                        Titleist TSi3 9* Tour AD-TP 6s

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w 15* - Tour AD-DI 7s                 Titleist TSi3 3w 16.5* Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist 910h 19* Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s                                        Titleist TSi2 19*  Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s
2021 Titleist T100s 5-GW w/ MMT 95s                                          Ping i25 5-PW w/ C Taper 120s

Callaway PM Grind/ 54*/ 60*                                                          Scratch DW 50*, TM MG High Toe 56*/ 60*        
Bettinardi Queen B #10 Tiffany                                                       Scotty Cameron California Fastback                                             

I started playing the 20-XI S ball this season and have been really impressed.

I definitely agree with some, it does sounds a little funky off of the driver. But other wise I find it to be much better in all aspects over the ONE Tour D ball.

Holds its line sooo well on high shots
Spin is very controllable on all shots
Probably one of the most durable tour balls on the market
Nice clean white cover at adress

`

I'm probably the ONLY person on here that loves the loud explosion feeling of both the S and the X. Paired with my R11s that has a "dead feeling" shaft according to most in here (the rip alpha) a center strike feels like a land mine going off and it's so rediculously loud but it's a "holy *** that guy over there just mashed that drive"

Totally agree with the above post abiut them holding a line on higher balls and they spin like mad. I love the 20XI

I was down in Palm Springs in April and we picked a PARTICULARLY windy day to play Desert Dunes, a course that is right downwind from all the wind turbines. One of the windiest rounds I have played in a long time. On about the 6th hole I found a 20XI-X and used it for the rest of the round. I was VERY impressed with the ball's wind holding ability. Was hitting it by my partners in the wind and the distance was great (my current ball is a Srixon ZStar XV).

It felt fine off the putter and irons for me. I believe there is a lot of negative hype towards the ball which makes it difficult to give it a fair chance. Case in point; I popped down to the local Golf Town to buy a sleeve after my pleasant experience. I ask the CPGA pro guy that has been working there for a while now where they keep them and he points them out to me and then says "They're not very good balls you know", So I ask him if he has ever hit one and he says "No, I haven't but we tested them doing the bounce test". I ask him what the bounce test is and he says "we hold a ball up at shoulder height and them drop them on the hard floor and see how high they bounce back up. They didn't do very well. The new prov1x's are very good balls". Me: "Do you play the new prov1X?" Him: "No I play the Bridgestone 330" :cheesy:

I will definitely try a sleeve up here in BC and see how it fares.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

[quote name='mukster' timestamp='1337828454' post='4968300']
I was down in Palm Springs in April and we picked a PARTICULARLY windy day to play Desert Dunes, a course that is right downwind from all the wind turbines. One of the windiest rounds I have played in a long time. On about the 6th hole I found a 20XI-X and used it for the rest of the round. I was VERY impressed with the ball's wind holding ability. Was hitting it by my partners in the wind and the distance was great (my current ball is a Srixon ZStar XV).

It felt fine off the putter and irons for me. I believe there is a lot of negative hype towards the ball which makes it difficult to give it a fair chance. Case in point; I popped down to the local Golf Town to buy a sleeve after my pleasant experience. I ask the CPGA pro guy that has been working there for a while now where they keep them and he points them out to me and then says "They're not very good balls you know", So I ask him if he has ever hit one and he says "No, I haven't but we tested them doing the bounce test". I ask him what the bounce test is and he says "we hold a ball up at shoulder height and them drop them on the hard floor and see how high they bounce back up. They didn't do very well. The new prov1x's are very good balls". Me: "Do you play the new prov1X?" Him: "No I play the Bridgestone 330" :cheesy:

[/quote]

What does a "bounce" test even show? or prove?

I'm confused.......

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour

[quote name='LuvToGolfGuy' timestamp='1337834411' post='4968830']
[quote name='mukster' timestamp='1337828454' post='4968300']

[/quote]

What does a "bounce" test even show? or prove?

I'm confused.......
[/quote]

I have absolutely no idea..............

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

20xi-s is a fantastic ball if you ask me, a little clanky sounding off the driver is my only complaint. Minimal spin off my Callaway FT/Diamana Red 73 usually high power fade, they feel fine off my Bridgestone J33b's/project X6.5 irons, more bite than any other ball I have recently played including nike one tour's, pro v1, bridgestone b330-s. longer off the tee, more bite off the irons whats to complain about????

[quote name='AGBear' timestamp='1337827294' post='4968190']
[u][b]I'm probably the ONLY person on here that loves the loud explosion feeling of both the S and the X[/b][/u]. Paired with my R11s that has a "dead feeling" shaft according to most in here (the rip alpha) a center strike feels like a land mine going off and it's so rediculously loud but it's a "holy *** that guy over there just mashed that drive"

Totally agree with the above post abiut them holding a line on higher balls and they spin like mad. I love the 20XI
[/quote]

I'm there with ya! Sometimes my ears ring after hitting the driver (R11S). Very addictive sounding!