2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

I absolutely did not figure out Hogan's secret about 30 weekends ago

That's it. People won't believe me but I'm going to say it anyway. I figured out Hogan's secret. And it's not a simple move. It's a bunch of stuff. It's like a combination of things that don't make a lot of sense in isolation.

It started with a frustrating 8 hour range session. I was still a flipper and was not happy about it.

I went home and had a couple beers. Started watching Hogan video. Same videos I've watched 1000s of times at this point.

Then a watched the 1930s video of Hogan. The most interesting thing about this video was his pivot largely looked the same but he was a flipper back then. His club face was much less stable through the ball and his body slowed/stalled soon after impact.

Now I got excited because I knew Hogan was already a professional in the 30s and he was still a flipper, which means there must still be hope for me.

Then I started to watch the differences between the pre and post secret swings. Then I started to watch Trevino video too.

And then it hit me. Started making golf swings at 1AM where I have mirrors setup to see face on and DTL. Yes, this must be it. And interestingly, the move goes against my "natural" instinct.

Next morning at the range I realized this was it. Ball flight and video told me. My release looked much much better. My ball flight was very tight. I hit a few "bad" shots where I expected to look up and see my typical power block, but this time, I looked up and was suprised how strait the shot actually was (not perfect, but far from OB like usual).

I don't know if I want to spell out the secret for other people yet. Call me selfish. I've been in the trenches forever at this point and I just don't know if anyone deserves to have it spelled out for them. Mainly because all the info is already out there, but you have to peice it all together. But Trevino definitely had the secret. And if you disagree with that, then trust me, you don't know the secret.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be careful posting that you found the secret lol

[b][u]WITB:[/u][/b]

[b]Taylormade M3[/b] 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70-TX tipped 1 1/2 in.

[b]Taylormade SLDR Mini-Driver[/b] 12* Matrix Black 8M3 tipped 1 1/2 in.

[b]Taylormade P790[/b] 2-5i DG Tour Issue X100

[b]Taylormade P730[/b] 6-PW DG Tour Issue X100

[b]Vokey SM8[/b] 54M & 60M

[b]Giannini G-1[/b]

[b]Vice Pro+[/b] [color=#ff0000]Neon Red [/color]

Hey Durden
The first thing about Golf Club is you always talk about golf club

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Lol I have no intention of writing a book. Or teaching golf. I'm just trying to "own my swing" and dominate golf after I do that (cool) .

It's not even really a secret the more I think about it. You can see it in all of Hogan's post secret videos. I don't know why I posted this to be honest. I guess I'm just excited.

And I love all of Geoff Jone's (slicefixer's) stuff. His students all have awesome swings and I still want to go see him. But I remember reading a post from him that said the secret is a tight left arm connection to the body. And I think that's great but it didn't do the trick for me.

Maybe I will say what the secret is. But first I want to be able to demostrate it, full speed. And I probably want to have some tournament scores to back it up, because so far this season my ball striking has been a roller coaster.

[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1338307367' post='4994160']
Haha, interesting post. But if you don't want to talk about the "secret" or what you discovered and have a conversation about it, then what's the point of the post?

If your ideas have merit, surely they are capable of being discussed in an open forum.

[/quote]

I just don't know if I want to give it away. I guess I'm afraid of giving it to some punk I don't know who hasn't worked as hard as me at this. Nothing against anyone on this forum.

But I do want to talk about it because it's awesome. Sorry I know that's not helpful. Maybe I should just shut up.

I guess I'm just an excited dude how is fully convinced he has figured it out and doesn't want to make a difficult game easy for others because maybe I'll have to play against a bunch of tougher competitors that I've helped create. Make sense?

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338310476' post='4994402']
Haha, interesting post. But if you don't want to talk about the "secret" or what you discovered and have a conversation about it, then what's the point of the post?

If your ideas have merit, surely they are capable of being discussed in an open forum.

[/quote]

I just don't know if I want to give it away. I guess I'm afraid of giving it to some punk I don't know who hasn't worked as hard as me at this. Nothing against anyone on this forum.

But I do want to talk about it because it's awesome. Sorry I know that's not helpful. Maybe I should just shut up.

I guess I'm just an excited dude how is fully convinced he has figured it out and doesn't want to make a difficult game easy for others because maybe I'll have to play against a bunch of tougher competitors that I've helped create. Make sense?
[/quote]

And I don't mean to imply I want to sell it either. I don't. I guess my point is I'll give it away after my game reflects that I actually have something to give.

Haha, interesting post. But if you don't want to talk about the "secret" or what you discovered and hyave a conversation about it, then what's the point of the post?

[/quote]

I guess I'm just an excited dude how is fully convinced he has figured it out and doesn't want to make a difficult game easy for others because maybe I'll have to play against a bunch of tougher competitors that I've helped crea
te. Make sense?
[/quote]

Or maybe you don't know crud? Or, maybe your selfish. I don't know why you think that some "Magic" move you found will be the cure all for other golfers around the world. Then they will use your secret to beat you.

Sounds far fetched to me.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1338311144' post='4994466']
Haha, interesting post. But if you don't want to talk about the "secret" or what you discovered and hyave a conversation about it, then what's the point of the post?

[/quote]

I guess I'm just an excited dude how is fully convinced he has figured it out and doesn't want to make a difficult game easy for others because maybe I'll have to play against a bunch of tougher competitors that I've helped crea
te. Make sense?
[/quote]

Or maybe you don't know crud? Or, maybe your selfish. I don't know why you think that some "Magic" move you found will be the cure all for other golfers around the world. Then they will use your secret to beat you.

Sounds far fetched to me.
[/quote]

Yep I am definitely selfish. Who isn't?

[quote name='Swisstrader98' timestamp='1338311753' post='4994518']
Guy goes from being a flipper to hitting it like hogan overnight and the eureka moment comes after a few beers. But now comes the real kicker...in true hoganesque style, he will also take his secret to the grave!

Well played son, well played
[/quote]

Lol thank you. Let's just be clear though, this did not happen over night. I've been grinding at this forever (since 13 years old). And you can see my youtube channel if interested (casmdean1). There's some terrible swings on there (most) and some where I was on to something (see 497, some others). And I am not claiming I hit it like Hogan, but I definitely hit it WAY better yesterday than I ever have.

And I don't know if people realize this but Hogan was a flipper for a long time. And you're either a flipper or you aren't IMO. So I think the transition either happens or it doesn't. No gradual progress (like other areas of the swing).

See here:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURjm5XeNm0[/media]

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1338315403' post='4994916']
[quote name='GoogleMe' timestamp='1338315115' post='4994870']
Close the thread please.

You just wasted 11 mins of my life.
[/quote]

Did that 11 mins include the time it took you to respond? :tongue:
[/quote]

Yes. Total time was 11 min. Sorry if you read it differently.
I thought it was pretty straight forward.

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

[quote name='GoogleMe' timestamp='1338315520' post='4994926']
[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1338315403' post='4994916']
[quote name='GoogleMe' timestamp='1338315115' post='4994870']
Close the thread please.

You just wasted 11 mins of my life.
[/quote]

Did that 11 mins include the time it took you to respond? :tongue:
[/quote]

Yes. Total time was 11 min. Sorry if you read it differently.
I thought it was pretty straight forward.
[/quote]

Yes, I thought so, but was trying to point out that you could have reduced it to 8-9 mins by not responding. Not to mention that you wasted even more by reading/responding yet again.

Guys I figured out the secret too! I had couple shots of Patron and it hit me like a truck. Hogan wore a hat very different from his peers. That signature cap. Then Trevino comes along sporting his trucker's hat with mesh back, again like no other. Fowler and his flat brim. Get it now?

Sorry Durden. You're in for some serious competition. Better go pick up my jester hat from the cleaners.

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338306377' post='4994048']
That's it. People won't believe me but I'm going to say it anyway. I figured out Hogan's secret. And it's not a simple move. It's a bunch of stuff. It's like a combination of things that don't make a lot of sense in isolation.

It started with a frustrating 8 hour range session. I was still a flipper and was not happy about it.

I went home and had a couple beers. Started watching Hogan video. Same videos I've watched 1000s of times at this point.

Then a watched the 1930s video of Hogan. The most interesting thing about this video was his pivot largely looked the same but he was a flipper back then. His club face was much less stable through the ball and his body slowed/stalled soon after impact.

Now I got excited because I knew Hogan was already a professional in the 30s and he was still a flipper, which means there must still be hope for me.

Then I started to watch the differences between the pre and post secret swings. Then I started to watch Trevino video too.

And then it hit me. Started making golf swings at 1AM where I have mirrors setup to see face on and DTL. Yes, this must be it. And interestingly, the move goes against my "natural" instinct.

Next morning at the range I realized this was it. Ball flight and video told me. My release looked much much better. My ball flight was very tight. I hit a few "bad" shots where I expected to look up and see my typical power block, but this time, I looked up and was suprised how strait the shot actually was (not perfect, but far from OB like usual).

I don't know if I want to spell out the secret for other people yet. Call me selfish. I've been in the trenches forever at this point and I just don't know if anyone deserves to have it spelled out for them. Mainly because all the info is already out there, but you have to peice it all together. But Trevino definitely had the secret. And if you disagree with that, then trust me, you don't know the secret.
[/quote]

Have you played in any tournaments with your new move yet?

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1338318889' post='4995358']
[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338306377' post='4994048']

[/quote]

Have you played in any tournaments with your new move yet?
[/quote]

Not yet. I have quite a few coming up. I'm a little worried about scoring because I am almost afraid to work on short game right now and I don't want to work on putting at this point because I want to pin the new thing down.

I'm worried about short game because I know the two moves are supposed to be the same or similar, but I don't want to complicate things early on by implimenting this to short shots and long shots. And putting isn't all that difficult IMO (or Dave Stockton's) so I'm just neglecting it for now.

I was PM'd about and someone told me that I should expect to get roasted for posting about how I have it and don't want to tell. And I get it, go ahead and flame me, it's all good.

But I realized why I don't want to tell people while replying to this message -

If you want to know Hogan's secret bad enough, you'll find it. And after you find "it" you'll realize it isn't even a secret at all (like the gateless gate of enlightment). It's just a move in his swing that is different then a move he had in the 1930s.

But my view is you need to want it bad enough and be willing to put in enough work to find it on your own. So that;s why I'll never give it to anyone. Because it takes away from the people that got it on their own I guess.

Now call me crazy again.

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338319744' post='4995464']
I was PM'd about and someone told me that I should expect to get roasted for posting about how I have it and don't want to tell. And I get it, go ahead and flame me, it's all good.

But I realized why I don't want to tell people while replying to this message -

If you want to know Hogan's secret bad enough, you'll find it. And after you find "it" you'll realize it isn't even a secret at all (like the gateless gate of enlightment). It's just a move in his swing that is different then a move he had in the 1930s.

But my view is you need to want it bad enough and be willing to put in enough work to find it on your own. So that;s why I'll never give it to anyone. Because it takes away from the people that got it on their own I guess.

Now call me crazy again.
[/quote]

Keep us posted on how it goes. It will be interesting to see how things change as you begin to practice short game and putting and then the pressure of tournaments.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338319744' post='4995464']
[b]If you want to know Hogan's secret bad enough, you'll find it. And after you find "it" you'll realize it isn't even a secret at all [/b]

Now call me crazy again.
[/quote]

[i]Contradiction...[/i]
If the secret isnt even a secret then why are you so intent on keeping it a secret?

You're crazy.....again