2012 US Open WITB Photo Comment Thread and Links

Comments

• PuppetmasterPuppetmaster Members Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

d6e25ce90f18623509428f3d397e9968.jpg

Nevermind changing shoes in the parking lot, just do it on the range!!!! lol

Obviously, he's a public-course golfer then, according to that infamous thread. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    WITB Link

Cobra King Ltd 8.5*, Speeder TS 6.2
    Callaway Steelhead 4+, Diamana Kai'li
    Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
    Cobra Fly Z+, KBS Tour 
    Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,307 mod

Obviously, he's a public-course golfer then, according to that infamous thread. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Dale Lynch is Aaron Baddeley's instructor and he took his shoe off so one of the other players could look at it as it was a new style/design/color.

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,307 mod
    edited Jun 12, 2012 #34
    st997777 wrote:

It would be a nice change of pace to see bag pics of lesser known players. At the US Open I'd like to see bag pics of the qualifiers and some of the amateurs. We've seen the pro's bags numerous times over the course of a season. They don't really change that much from tournament to tournament.

Have you actually looked thru the photos cuz there are quite a few carry bags and or staff bags from lesser known qualifiers?

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pictures. :-)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • poprocksncokepoprocksncoke Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    pga43 wrote:

Dale Lynch is Aaron Baddeley's instructor and he took his shoe off so one of the other players could look at it as it was a new style/design/color.

Greg

Yeah, it was just a joke image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • mattypivsmattypivs Members Posts: 44
    I saw the pictures of my former coworker Brian Gaffney! Go Gaffs!!!!!
  • SpenceT47SpenceT47 Members Posts: 106
    Quick question. Has anyone ever noticed that Steve Stricker's AP2's appear to not have the sole plate? Are they straight up steel? If you look at Mon Pics thread 2 at the very bottom at his 6 iron. Am i seeing things?
  • LagunaLoveLagunaLove Members Posts: 327
    Thanks for the pics Greg, fantastic as always. Love seeing lesser known guys set-ups. Also, thanks for putting some bag pics of Scott Smith up!
  • OldSkoolTexanOldSkoolTexan BORN TO PLAY BALATA! Members Posts: 2,759 ✭✭
    I would beat DLIII over the head, in the parking lot, for that sweeeeet US Open edition B'stone bag! image/black eye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':black eye:' />
  • ATXHornATXHorn Members Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zack is such a pimp, hope he has a good run this week/end.
    Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
    Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
    3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
    6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Titleist AVX or Chromesoft
  • ATXHornATXHorn Members Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have knowledge on what brand of shoes Luke Donald has? Also, Butch is a FJ guy but I do not recognized his shoes. Anyone know if these are the ones being released this summer?
    Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
    Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
    3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
    6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Titleist AVX or Chromesoft
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 9,058 ClubWRX
    Am i seeing things or does zhang have a lefty club in his bag?
    kekoa wrote:

Am i seeing things or does zhang have a lefty club in his bag?

Yes and no clue why. Never saw him swing it like a warm-up drill.

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Tuesday Pictures (part 4 I believe), it looks like Rickie's WB in the AMP is not logo down, so I'm wondering if thats how the AMPs adjust (don't know for sure) or are we thinking maybe he has the shaft spined?
    G410 10.5* - F8+ 15* - F6 18* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Hi Toe 54* & 60* - BG F22
  • demo190demo190 Members Posts: 235
    What shoes did Bubba's caddie have on in the tuesday pics? Well I think it was Bubba's caddie anyway. Thanks
  • tan_0806tan_0806 Members Posts: 5
    Great pics. The R11s head cover is pretty sweet.
  • lawlerjmlawlerjm Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Can anyone describe the drill that Pete Cowen advocates with the putter grip turned sideways on a club?

I ask because Alex Noren appears to have a putter grip on sideways on a wedge in the Monday pics. I recall a similar pic of Darren Clarke a few months back.

As always - awesome job Greg. Thanks,.
  • ShotMaker2ShotMaker2 Members Posts: 4
    Another great bunch of pics. Can we see more TW photos please? image/blind.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blind:' />

Thanks Again...
  • usmdp007usmdp007 Members Posts: 40
    Does anyone know what bag this may be? It looks like a red stand bag with the Olympic logo?

b2ecc137cc064ff633bc1a13fd7945de.jpg
    WITB

9.0* Callaway Big Bertha Fuji Speeder Evolution
    16* Callaway BB Alpha 816 Aldila Rogue I/O
    3 - PW Nike Blade S400
    54* Vokey SM4 54.11
    58* Vokey SM5 58.11 K grind
    Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can 33"
    Pro V1x
  • golfwaregolfware Members Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My observations from yesterday:

- TMAG DOMINATES the tee box. Guys that you'll only see in Friday/Saturday coverage play the R11S overwhelmingly, with a sprinkling of RBZ and old R11's. The Fwy's are also oveerwhelming TM as well, staffer and non-staffers alike.

- PING staffers predominately use the G20. Many i20 headcovers with G20 drivers underneath. Of all the staffers I saw (Mahan, Westwood, Bubba, Wilson, Cabrera, The Mechanic, and several others I didn't know by name), all but Wilson and a left played the G20. The S56 is incredibly popular amongst Touring Pros, however KJ Choi KILLS his i20's. And man, KJ is long and straight.

- Callaway: Many Razr FIT's. And that's pretty much the only Cally driver I saw in play, with only a handful of Cally drives in play period. Many guys had their irons, especially the MB's, but non-staffers would have the MB's with an R11S driver and RBZ fwy.

- Michael Campbell won't make the weekend. His driving is terrible. Just terrible. Followed him for the back nine and for a Touring Pro and ex-US Open Champion, that guy looks lost out there. Rocking the R11S.

- Retief Goosen is a machine. Rocking the RBZ and just kills it, as does Jason Day. Good Lord they are long.

- The course is BRUTAL. 5"-6" rough, fairways that are mown better than most places greens, with severe slants to either direction, and there is not an even lie to be found. Olympic Lake is built on the side of a hill, a STEEP hill too. It's a testament to the designer's creativity that a course even exists there, let along one of this caliber. The fwy's are about 25-30 yards wide in some cases.

From what I saw, TM OWNS the tee box, followed by Titleist and Nike. Callaway has a sprinkling as does PING. You'll see PING and Callaway because of their top guys always play well at majors, but if it wasn't for them, you'd wouldn't hear of them at all. TM and Titleist dominate big-time amongst the Touring Pros.
    usmdp007 wrote:

Does anyone know what bag this may be? It looks like a red stand bag with the Olympic logo?

b2ecc137cc064ff633bc1a13fd7945de.jpg

Yeah, that's a std Olympic Club Titliest bag. For sale in their pro shop. Not available at the Open though, but in their pro shop.
    ATXHorn wrote:

Anyone have knowledge on what brand of shoes Luke Donald has? Also, Butch is a FJ guy but I do not recognized his shoes. Anyone know if these are the ones being released this summer?

He was wearing FJ's yesterday. Looked to be Icon's... although I wasn't really paying attention. That brotha has a SWEET swing. I was no more than 20 feet from him as he hit balls. The tempos of the pros is just so velvety smooth...
    Oh, and one of my favorite guys, Alvaro Quiros, just seems to enjoy himself much moreso than everyone else. He personifies a guy having fun on the golf course. Him and Cabrera. Unfortunately, they are not the norm. Those two guys really ham it up with the crowd.

As I finally was able to see DJ's swing in person. Whoa. That's not a swing one can teach. I'll say that much. Hits it a country mile, but whoa..
  • masyankeesmasyankees Members Posts: 556
    Streelman's hat is awesome (Tuesday part 3)
  • pmon12pmon12 Members Posts: 199
    demo190 wrote:

What shoes did Bubba's caddie have on in the tuesday pics? Well I think it was Bubba's caddie anyway. Thanks

shoes are Babolat Propulse, they are a very light tennis shoe, very comfortable!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_Propulse_3_Red/descpageMSBAB-BMP3R.html
  • billyhandsomefacebillyhandsomeface Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing pics!! Who was rockin the Ping I5s??
    I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!
  • masyankeesmasyankees Members Posts: 556
    demo190 wrote:

Ted Scott (Bubba's caddy) tweeted this pic earlier today

• mglosier54mglosier54 Lefty Boomers Posts: 41
    Anyone else notice this? I kept looking for it again in the pictures but I never saw it again. Who would have a Real Madrid bag? Anyone know whose bag this is by chance?

df9f21f04052f5f94a9b4ef17a2606ac.jpg
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 9.5*
    Nike Sasquatch 15*
    Cleveland CG16 tour 2 iron
    Titleist 710 Ap2 3-PW
    Titleist SM4 52* 56* 60*
    Scotty Cameron Kombi S
  • gardsgolfgardsgolf Gardsgolf Members Posts: 6
    df9f21f04052f5f94a9b4ef17a2606ac.jpg

It belongs to Sergio - he is a soccer fanatic!
  • mglosier54mglosier54 Lefty Boomers Posts: 41
    I knew Sergio was a huge soccer fan, I kinda figured it was him because he is the only I know of that has the Addidas bag. Just figured I would ask to make sure.

Thanks!
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 9.5*
    Nike Sasquatch 15*
    Cleveland CG16 tour 2 iron
    Titleist 710 Ap2 3-PW
    Titleist SM4 52* 56* 60*
    Scotty Cameron Kombi S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file