Titleist DT SO/LO

G.Review ·  
G.ReviewG.Review Members  533WRX Points: 3Posts: 533 Bunkers
Posted:

Comments

• Ogre41Ogre41 Ijamsville, MDMembers  1200WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,200 Platinum Tees
    No one else has reviewed it yet so I guess I will be the first. Not a bad ball at all. Picked up 7 dozen as wedding announcements a couple years ago and everyone who got them did the honorable thing, kept one and hit the rest! The ball is exactly what it is supposed to be, soft and long, but it spins a bit. Not gonna back up on you spin, but enough to hold a green. It's actually a really good ball, even though it's made for slower swingers (which I am not) I still like the ball a lot. I'd hit it again, but there are so many worthwhile golf balls at it's price point, I can't just pick one! But Titleist isn't the #1 ball in golf just because of the ProV1 series (though they probably would be if that WAS all they made), they put out a great product. image/smilie_titty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
    Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
    Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
    Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
    Ping Cadence B65
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • smittysbarsmittysbar Lefty Boomers  181WRX Points: 0Posts: 181
    I like this ball it is long and still gives that soft feeling around the greens. I can back it up pretty good.
    Posted:
  • GolfMNGolfMN Members  236WRX Points: 0Posts: 236
    I hit these back when I swung easy and I loved them. I could keep anything in play off a wood, and off G5's it was pretty much the easiest thing to hit straight I've ever experienced. Now I swing 98mph and I'm not such a big fan. Great ball for the slower swingers out there, great soft feel for the distance it gives you.
    Posted:
  • ping1ping1 Members  36WRX Points: 55Posts: 36 Bunkers
    regardless of peoples egos...this is the ball for 97% of all golfers...i play to a 4 and hit the ball very hard (mid 90s), and cant compress a pro v1. or any other 3 piece ball
    Posted:
  • TourSpoonTourSpoon I'd rather be driving a Titleist... Members  134WRX Points: 0Posts: 134
    I won a dozen of these at a golf tournament and played them for a month or so. I would say that this is a good ball for the average player. It is straight, has good distance and decent feel around the greens. The spin is adequate for me to stop it dead with a properly struck 8 iron and to get a little action with a wedge from the fairway or a bunker. The spin is predictable and consistent, but nothing crazy.
    Posted:
  • ra2bachra2bach Members  43WRX Points: 0Posts: 43
    ping1 wrote on Sep 17 2007, 05:26 PM:
    regardless of peoples egos...this is the ball for 97% of all golfers...i play to a 4 and hit the ball very hard (mid 90s), and cant compress a pro v1. or any other 3 piece ball

what do you (or anyone else for that matter) mean when you talk about "compressing" the ball?

sorry for the neophyte question but I've been away from golf for awhile and the new terminology is, well, new... I've never heard of folks talking about compressing a ball in years past.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • buttuhbuttuh Members  1334WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,334 Bunkers
    I have just started my 6-dozen trials with the DT So/Lo. So far, as in 2-3 rounds far, these seem comparable to the Noodles+ L&S. I do like these a tad better around the greens as well as putting. These also seem to last longer than the Noodles. I went through my 6 dozens of the noodles very quickly due to scuffs. I already have another 6 dozens of the Nike Ignite lined up after this to try, so I might or might not come back to the DT So/Lo
    Posted:
  • RocknRollDoctorRocknRollDoctor Members  80WRX Points: 0Posts: 80
    The best ball in this price range for my game. It has a nice combination of feel and distance off the tee, acceptable spin on the approach shots and manages to retain a nice feel off the putter. Just a good all around $20/dozen ball.
    Posted:
  • Phillies Fan in SoCalPhillies Fan in SoCal Members  8WRX Points: 0Posts: 8
    I've tried these a couple of times over the years, and they're just not for me. I'm working on hitting the ball longer with all clubs, so I need a ball that's more forgiving and has more distance. I don't really have a problem stopping even a harder ball on the greens because I have a naturally high trajectory with everything from 9-I through SW, so the softness of the SoLo isn't worth the noticeable loss of distance. Don't get me wrong, it's a good ball, just not for me, I have better results with the Top-Flite D2+ Feel. But since I only play about 2X a month (if that) and routinely shoot between 90-96, I'm by no means an expert on ball fitting. Just my opinion, I'm actually hoping the Velocity will finally be the Titleist ball for me, as I LOVE their wedges and putters.
    Posted:
  • xmanhockey7xmanhockey7 Members  317WRX Points: 75Posts: 317 Greens
    I played these all the time when I was about 13-14 years old. $20 a dozen and perform well. Hard to beat really.
    Posted:
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members  4719WRX Points: 491Posts: 4,719 Titanium Tees
    for a few bucks more you can get the NXT line....best ball out there
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • lajito64lajito64 Members  30WRX Points: 0Posts: 30
    i'm a high handicapper and enjoyed them. i bought a sleeve of yellow ones and loved the better visibility.

p.s. has anyone ever invented a camoflage or real tree golf ball yet? the scratch golfers out there should have to use those when playing with a high handicapper like me. lol.
    Posted:
  • DemarDemar Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1
    Love this ball. Tried the E6 last season and just was not for me (it generated to much spin off the tee). The SoLo is smooth off the tee and putting is like a warm knife thru butter. For $20 you can't beat them.
    Posted:
  • Be the ball DannyBe the ball Danny TheLegendaryKJD Banned  57WRX Points: 0Posts: 57
    Real Simple> Goes long off the tee, nice and soft around the greens. Buy a dozen and see for yourself.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.