• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

[color=#000000][size=3][b]Each member is allowed one login account.[u] Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed[/u]. No impersonating another member. Multiple identities and false e-mail addresses are not allowed.[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=3]We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the rules. [/b][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=3]Thank You[/size][/color]

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1350370977' post='5800399']
[color=#000000][size=3][b]Each member is allowed one login account.[u] Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed[/u]. No impersonating another member. Multiple identities and false e-mail addresses are not allowed.[/b][/size][/color]

[b][color=#000000][size=3]We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the rules. [/size][/color][/b]

[color=#000000][size=3]Thank You[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Can't believe this. I don't mean this post, but if I read it right way, once more multinick case attacking me.

I missed this thread the first time around I guess. I'll say again, nice swing teeace, not hogan, not tour worthy, nice playable swing.

I came to address this premise that if you can't do it, you don't know it, that is false. I grew up a gymnast and competed on a high level, I can't recall one coach I had that could do the moves he demanded of me, not one. I went as far as junior Olympic stuff but quit for beer and music. I Rode a music sholarship playing the cello, now every cello teacher I had could show me exactly what they said. I conclude golf is like gymnastics,

I don't agree with teeace on some things, but I'm very happy that he is here sharing what he has. Please keep it up.

Somehow people seems to be interested about my swing (wonder still why the h*** ;)) and also claiming what I can and what I cant do.

Flipping? Can I bow the wrist if I want? Strong left hand grip... yep yep... decide yourselves

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLNeJNcRFU[/media]

And can I play with that move? Sometimes, but for the moment not, because I miss some movements of right shoulder to balance it.

ps. Youtube is piece of s*** as it packs those videos and 240fps is not really what it was, but if you look it frame by frame you can still see the move.

If you look at this video from Tapio from April 19, 2012, about 1 minute in, he demonstrates the difference between his grip and what he calls a grip with a "flat left wrist." He explains that his grip has dorsiflexion. He explains that he hasn't seen many good players with a grip with a flat left wrist.

Not a bad grip, but contrast this with the first lesson (Part 1) of 5 Lessons.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1ejfGmbFk[/media]

At 1:25 you can see his April grip quite clearly.

[quote name='drewspin' timestamp='1350394682' post='5801015']
[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1350378551' post='5800539']
Strong left hand grip... yep yep... decide yourselves

[/quote]

Interesting to see you are now moving it a lot weaker.

Good move.
[/quote]

It has been like that for years. Making decisions by that kind of video you just posted is just lack of understanding.

[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1350395089' post='5801057']

It has been like that for years. Making decisions by that kind of video you just posted is just lack of understanding.
[/quote]

LOL - Tapio, if people care, they can judge for themselves with their own eyes without your spin on it.

Contrast the "flat left wrist grip" you show in the April video -- which is very much like your new October 16 grip and more Hogan like (so compliments and congratulations on making that change) -- and compare that flat left wrist grip versus the grip you are advocating in April at 1:25. Very clear difference not a limitation of poor frame rate video. LOL

[quote name='drewspin' timestamp='1350395396' post='5801079']

LOL - Tapio, if people care, they can judge for themselves with their own eyes without your spin on it.

Contrast the "flat left wrist grip" you show in the April video -- which is very much like your new October 16 grip and more Hogan like (so compliments and congratulations on making that change) -- and compare that flat left wrist grip versus the grip you are advocating in April at 1:25. Very clear difference not a limitation of poor frame rate video. LOL
[/quote]

Is it really that difficult to understand that making your mind about my grip by that video is ridiculous. As I got really weak ( I dont mean position) left arm by former accident, when I take the club to my left hand only I use to make it stronger as it feels lighter then. But my real grip has been like it's now for years and you just seem to have once again problem to admit that you didn't understand how much DF affects to that. No matter how many times I've told it to you, you keep on claiming something you know about nothing.

And Hogan actually had much stronger left hand grip than people think, because it looked weaker as it was as he showed it in UD position.

[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1350396987' post='5801215']

Is it really that difficult to understand that making your mind about my grip by that video is ridiculous. As I got really weak ( I dont mean position) left arm by former accident, when I take the club to my left hand only I use to make it stronger as it feels lighter then. But my real grip has been like it's now for years and you just seem to have once again problem to admit that you didn't understand how much DF affects to that. No matter how many times I've told it to you, you keep on claiming something you know about nothing.

And Hogan actually had much stronger left hand grip than people think, because it looked weaker as it was as he showed it in UD position.
[/quote]

Sorry, to hear about your former accident.

I have eyes in my head. Anyone can see the process of you taking your two different grips being demonstrated in the April video... your explanation is clear.

There is no problem with the frame rate of the video that prevents see clearly what you are doing when you take your grip. That is absurd.

You don't have to agree with my opinion. Hogan showed his before and after grip very clearly for Life magazine.

Before, which is more similar to your April 2012 grip:
[url="http://images.google.com/hosted/life/131b39ceb1a36922.html"]http://images.google...ceb1a36922.html[/url]

After, which is more similar to your April flat wrist grip demonstration and your new October grip:
[url="http://images.google.com/hosted/life/ab6fe2b2f1ae5ee9.html"]http://images.google...b2f1ae5ee9.html[/url]

You may think Hogan's grip was stronger because he moved his hands to mid-body (saggital plane) AFTER he took his grip, which creates the impression of a "stronger grip" more dorsiflexsion,

For example:
[url="http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/3154244b65e5a416_large"]http://www.gstatic.c...b65e5a416_large[/url]

Really, we can take Hogan at his word in 5L on how he put his hands on the club. Sequence matters.

Of course, I just don't understand anything ... I do understand you think that of me, Tapio.

[quote name='drewspin' timestamp='1350397733' post='5801285']

Of course, I just don't understand anything ... I do understand you think that of me, Tapio.
[/quote]

That's far away from the truth, so far away. You just make mistakes in some cases, specially about my case as I know so much better what I have done for years.
Actually that video wasn't mean to show grip at all, but when I started to edit it the idea popped up as I remembered what you have said about my grip. That was my natural way to put my left hand to the handle and has been for years.

But have to say I wonder how you haven't understood the real difference between supination and the move in forearm that happens when you activate inside muscles of forearm to PF the wrist. Maybe you have never tried both and cant that way understand the difference.

[quote name='drewspin' timestamp='1350394682' post='5801015']
[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1350378551' post='5800539']
Strong left hand grip... yep yep... decide yourselves

[/quote]

Interesting to see you are now moving it a lot weaker.

Good move.
[/quote]

And sorry I forget to ask, but as you have said before I got that flipping action, can I have your comment about that left wrist movement in that new video, as it was the main point of that, not the grip.

Was the above directed to me? Tee, the only time I mentioned flipping in recent memory was in the context of a question about whether you thought Hogan was sometimes a flipper. Sorry, I really don't know what you are talking about. I'm not sure what your point is in the most recent video. You've lost me.

[quote name='drewspin' timestamp='1350569535' post='5811197']
Was the above directed to me? Tee, the only time I mentioned flipping in recent memory was in the context of a question about whether you thought Hogan was sometimes a flipper. Sorry, I really don't know what you are talking about. I'm not sure what your point is in the most recent video. You've lost me.
[/quote]

Yep.. sometimes it's hard to remember everything. So much going on. But the main point of the video was bowing, not the grip.

• 2 weeks later...

Teeace, what are your thoughts on your left leg position there at impact from your image above?

Do you like that it's bent or do you want it to be straighter? What do you feel is happening because your legs aren't as strong as you want them to be?

I love how the room is so GREEEEEEEEEN! hehe.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

This maybe the nicest I've seen anyone on this forum comment on someone's swing. I'm not seeing any Hogan in that swing. I guess I was expecting more from someone who has devoted most of their life to swing like Hogan. Seems alot of these guys who break down and talk about positions can't pull them off either.