Nike 2013 shoes

Comments

• alexle92alexle92 Members Posts: 128
    IMHO, they don't look as good in person as you would imagine a nike free. I got the Adidas 360. Much better fit.
  • YMarkYMark Members Posts: 1,534 ✭✭
    Joe2282 wrote:

YMark wrote:

Lesmond wrote:

Nike always kill it with their shoes, this is no exception.

Not always. Have you seen the monstrosities that the guy in your avatar is wearing?

Currently the #1 selling shoe in golf by a mile and the highest demand of a golf shoe possibly in history.

People must hate it.

IMO, they're ugly. And I question it being the #1 selling golf shoe. What source is this from? Highest demand in history? LOL. Exaggerate much?
    Mark
    Havin fun in the AZ sun
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members Posts: 11,487 ✭✭
    Haters gonna hate.. The Free's are by far one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and I have a bunch image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I love the way they did the soles and how they flex much differently with your swing.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
  • LesmondLesmond Members Posts: 11,664 ✭✭
    I did read that they are the current #1 selling golf shoe, they are in high demand because Nike did not release many pairs. Most shops got less than 10 pairs. But now they are starting to get Full size runs, Just check your local shop or online.

They sold out in Niketown SF in like a day or two
    Driver: TaylorMade M6 10.5*
    Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
    Fairway: TaylorMade M3 19*
    Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
    Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 (raw) 50*, 54*
    Wedges: TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider X copper 

21Pd3+4L8HL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,263 ✭✭
    Sick, I can't wait to get a pair. Or two...
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,691 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2012 #37
    Another pic for the 2013 model from Twitter
  • Sean25rpSean25rp Members Posts: 3,007
    Is that tick a bit glittery or are my eyes tired?
  • MileHighClubMileHighClub Members Posts: 3,654
    YMark wrote:

Lesmond wrote:

Not always. Have you seen the monstrosities that the guy in your avatar is wearing?

For sure. Saw the new Nike Free golf shoe the other day and it looks like cheap plastic or vinyl. One of the ugliest shoes on the market. That said, I imagine it will sell well because the target market is not particularly bright and will wear whatever their hero wears.
    Callaway FT-iz 9*
    Ping G15 4W 17*
    Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
    Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
    Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
    Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball
  • msegrovesmsegroves Members Posts: 264

YMark wrote:

Lesmond wrote:

For sure. Saw the new Nike Free golf shoe the other day and it looks like cheap plastic or vinyl. One of the ugliest shoes on the market. That said, I imagine it will sell well because the target market is not particularly bright and will wear whatever their hero wears.

A generalization like that shows you're not so bright your self. Welcome to the club! image/einstein.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beruo:' />
  • MileHighClubMileHighClub Members Posts: 3,654
    msegroves wrote:

YMark wrote:

A generalization like that shows you're not so bright your self. Welcome to the club! image/einstein.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beruo:' />

Thanks bro. I may not be particularly bright, but I AM bright enough not to wear something or play a specific club just because someone else does.
    Callaway FT-iz 9*
    Ping G15 4W 17*
    Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
    Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
    Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
    Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball
  • ajga98ajga98 Members Posts: 25
    These look SWEET!!!
  • qtlawqtlaw Members Posts: 355 ✭✭
    I don't like how the sole looks on them; like the flatter sole on the 2012s.
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members Posts: 11,487 ✭✭
    qtlaw wrote:

I don't like how the sole looks on them; like the flatter sole on the 2012s.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. The soles look a little thick.. but I still think the shoe overall looks really cool.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
  • callercaller Members Posts: 1,890 ✭✭
    I'm loving my TW13 now and these looks good

Been a big Ecco and Adidas fan for a while but Nike is really stepping up in a big way for me
    Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI
    Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
    Mizuno JPX800
    Titleist Vokey SM7
    Bettinardi BB32
    Pro V1 low number
  • bumpNrun24bumpNrun24 Members Posts: 259
    edited Jul 23, 2012 #46
    I have never understood the mentality of hating just because I am bored. I form my opinion based on experience. Hating something you haven't tried makes you exactly what you don't like in the first place. A FOLLOWER!!!
  • aveb4lifeaveb4life Members Posts: 659
    one thing i found out: Nike is going to release a new shoe with the TW13 sole on a breathable/mesh/non-waterproof upper.Like it or not, the free-technology is not going away
    TM 2017 M1 Aldila Rogue 70
    TM 2017 M2 Aldila Rogue Silver 70

TM GAPR Mid PX HZRDUS Black 85
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
    Mizuno S5 55*
    TM MG Wedge 59*

TM Spider Tour Red
  • aveb4lifeaveb4life Members Posts: 659
    the dunk is also coming out in new colorways including white on white and black on black. Any golfer from Harlem should be excited.
    TM 2017 M1 Aldila Rogue 70
    TM 2017 M2 Aldila Rogue Silver 70

TM GAPR Mid PX HZRDUS Black 85
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
    Mizuno S5 55*
    TM MG Wedge 59*

TM Spider Tour Red
  • From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Members Posts: 1,836 ✭✭
    edited Jul 23, 2012 #49
    smackygolf wrote:

From where are you getting your sales figures?

smackygolf wrote:

Galloped past adidas. Nike up and FJ down. I hate to give too much more info than that, but if the past 3 years trends keep up, Nike will catch FJ by 2015.

I love questions like this. Are you disputing them? I am using internal sales numbers from adidas, FJ and Nike. Is that good enough? I almost hate to even mention business on here.

No, no. I trust that your internal sales numbers are accurate. I meant no disrespect and I am not disputing them as they are internal figures and I have no idea what they would be. I find that 3rd party figures tend to be more realistic than internal sales numbers from companies. Last I heard from a 3rd party market research firm was FJ had 50% market share, Nike had 16% market share, and Adidas had 14% market share.

That would be great if Nike could gain 35% market share in the next 3 years. They must have really big plans for expansion.
  • smackygolfsmackygolf Banned Posts: 1,501
    All 3 of your numbers are wrong. And since all 3 companies have the same internal numbers, and there is no reason for them to collude and pretend to have the exact same numbers, I think I'll trust my sources.
    edited Jul 23, 2012 #51
    smackygolf wrote:

All 3 of your numbers are wrong. And since all 3 companies have the same internal numbers, and there is no reason for them to collude and pretend to have the exact same numbers, I think I'll trust my sources.

The only internal number I know is FJ because I use to work with for Acushnet and still have friends there. I know the 3rd party numbers are the same as their internal number at 50% market share. That's the only internal number I know for sure. Like I said, I'll trust you on your internal numbers for Nike and Adidas.

Of course Acushnet did have their annual sales meetings this week so the reports of market share might have moved up or down at that meeting. My figures come from the first quarter of this year.
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 5,940 ✭✭

smackygolf wrote:

The only internal number I know is FJ because I use to work with for Acushnet and still have friends there. I know the 3rd party numbers are the same as their internal number at 50% market share. That's the only internal number I know for sure. Like I said, I'll trust you on your internal numbers for Nike and Adidas.

Of course Acushnet did have their annual sales meetings this week so the reports of market share might have moved up or down at that meeting. My figures come from the first quarter of this year.

Wow, FootJoy is down to 50% market share? They were at 55% last year and 58% the year before. I guess they have taken a hit from all of these hybrid golf shoe upstarts.
  • TheUTheU Members Posts: 276

smackygolf wrote:

Wow, FootJoy is down to 50% market share? They were at 55% last year and 58% the year before. I guess they have taken a hit from all of these hybrid golf shoe upstarts.

Their unit share is far below that. Try low 40's.
  • Dave ArcobelloDave Arcobello Members Posts: 27
    Would never wear the TW13's out of pure principle and respect but i'm OBSESSED w the commercial. Background music is just so silently aggressive. Love it.
    TheU wrote:

Golf Data Tech, Darrell Survey, and Acushnet would beg to differ but all three are a bunch of liars aren't they?
  • Joe2282Joe2282 Members Posts: 367

TheU wrote:

Golf Data Tech, Darrell Survey, and Acushnet would beg to differ but all three are a bunch of liars aren't they?

Nope, your numbers are out dated. Numbers will show big changes, and likely continue in that direction with all of the new entry and trend products. Datatec is the industry standard.
  • TheUTheU Members Posts: 276
    edited Jul 24, 2012 #57

TheU wrote:

I stand corrected--46.32% is their first quarter 2012 unit share. Mid-forties, not low forties. This is coming directly from GDT. Anyone that has access can easily confirm this. FYI...that's down about 5% from where they were a year prior. They are slipping...and fast.

Also, anyone that follows the industry knows that Datatech does not cover sporting goods retail (Sports Authority), a place where FJ struggles mightily.
  • aimgatoraimgator Members Posts: 72
    i like Nike apparel... and love their basketball shoes... but i have yet to find a pair of nike golf shoes that i like..... i stick with adidas for now... but always open to check out nike...
  • qtlawqtlaw Members Posts: 355 ✭✭
    I love my Nike Frees (+3) but did not like the look of the TW 13 uppers so just got my Lunar Control '12s in the mail and boy do they feel comfortable (the Nike Lunarlon mids on my other shoes are very comfortable.)
  • MschumacherMschumacher Members Posts: 1,115

Would never wear the TW13's out of pure principle and respect but i'm OBSESSED w the commercial. Background music is just so silently aggressive. Love it.

You is missing out. Best. Shoe. Ever. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • G N RG N R Members Posts: 936
    imakaveli wrote:

Another pic for the 2013 model from Twitter

Can't really say I'm a fan of these. Absolutely love the current lunars especially the limited edition 'Open' shoes.
    Titleist 913 D2 10.5* Diamana S+
    Bridgestone J40 4W 16* Project X 6.0
    Bridgestone J40 3H 21* Project X 6.0
    Mizuno MP 53 4-PW XP S300
    Mizuno T4 52* and 58* S300
    Odyssey ProType Black 2 ball