How Supportive are your parents?

DaCorbster

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play with my dad most of the time so he always pays for greens fee's. I have never bought balls because in my opinioin they are a waste of money(i just find them on the course, and i've never run out) Sometimes he pays for my clubs and other times i will buy them for myself. My mom thinks all the money we spend is rediculous so we try to hide most things from her by buying things on ebay. P.S We buy everything golf related on ebay.

My parents would pick up greens fees before I started working at a golf course. Now, when I need to play a different course for a junior event, we split it 50/50, for they pay my entrance into every tourny. I cover all my own equipment costs, including my Scotty and all the extra collectable headcovers I buy that are realeased.

Our 10th hole is located right next to our driving range, and since we have leagues going off both tees in the afternoons, I'll pick the range and swipe up any good balls that make their way into the picker, Pro-Vs, Tmags, Callys, etc... I currently own more than 12 dozen Pro-V1s from last season alone that I just havent got to using yet, and all of them are 8/10 or better condition wise. Theres also some "hotspot" ball collection areas on our course that I'll rummage through every few weeks. So needless to say, I don't buy balls.

Ive always paid for everything for my golfing habit, but that hasn't been a real problem because Im a member at a small public course and have been working since 6th grade. I did however recieve my current irons as a graduation gift from high school. But my parents have been great, they went to all my junior tounements and followed me and helped me get from place to place.

i pay for all my clubs and balls, other than gifts on holidays, and on vacation pay half of the green fee. I recently bought a ball picker, and hope it saves me money. My parents dont like me buying a lot of clubs, but i dont blame them for how many new ones i got. anyway my club obtaining is just about over till '08.

Hey I'm also Thirteen and I get most stuff for free. My father pays for all of my competitions and greens fees, but I pay for all of my clubs. I don't buy balls, I just rent them. lol. I pay for equipment, my dad pays to play. I get all of my stuff off ebay though. Pro shops and Golf shops are usually a rip off when you compare to buying slightly used off EBAY!

My parents are very supportive of me and my golf game. Whenever i go out and play with my dad he always pays for my greens fees. They will usually also buy me a club or two for my birthday and or the holidays.

Since i work at Peutz Golf Seattle, i get all of my equipment for cost, which saves me a huge deal of money. I also know all of the product reps in Seattle who can get me clubs for under cost and usually give me free balls when ever i see them.

Like yesterday i scored a free pair of brand new Nike `07 SP-6 golf shoes from work because they were returned and were missing a cleat and we didn’t have a replacement cleat that matched the shoes.

My parents will be paying for my out of state tuition next year at UNLV so I try to buy my equipment on my own with out there help.

I usually pay for things like golf balls and I pay for most of my clubs. If I bring home a report card over a 4.0 then my dad usually has no problem with me picking out a new club. It depends on the tournament fee and the travel costs that they have to pay so sometimes it 50/50 soemtimes they will pay for the fees. As far as green fees, it all depends on where and who I am playing with. If I am playing with my father and his business clients then no I dont have to pay, but there are a few occasions where I will pitch in the doe.

My parents are always suppotive of my golf career and will continue to

Eire

My parents are somewhat supportive but they get pissed whenever I buy something on ebay, and they get really sick of driving me to the course to play. They still take me to tournaments and stuff though, so I mean, I guess I can't really complain, but I don't think I can call them supportive per say. I pay for all my clubs that I buy, and I get my membership as a birthday present (birthday is in march right before golf season, and I usually don't get anything other than my membership)

My Dad pays for my membership, Clubs and tourney entry fee's + drives me to tourneys! But he wanted to be a pro soccer player when he was my age and his parents didnt support him at all so he does anything he can to make sure I can live my dream!

I pay for my balls and little accesories tho. When I win tournaments I get vouchers for the pro shop. Ive got £65 in vounchers which I use for new balls every competition.

So im very lucky! Plus I live 50 yards walk from my golf course :-p!

I would say my parents are pretty supportive. They drive me to where i have to go, wether its courses, tourneys, or stores. I do pay for my clubs and balls, but sometimes they will buy me a doz platinums, or help me with money on some clubs. They really do help me, like now they are paying a few hundred dollars for some quality PGA professional instruction for me, which is helping my swing dramatically.

I golf with my dad all the time and he is a pretty loose when it comes to buying stuff. He pays for all my green fees, and most golf balls, gloves, clothing, etc. He also buys a lot of my clubs. Both he and I know he spoils me but we are OK with that. My mom on the other hand, doesn't golf and doesn't understand why we spend all the money that we do, and she doesn't even know half of what me and my dad buy. :rolleyes:

My parents are very supportive of my golf hobby. They usually pick up any tournament expenses, and my dad joined a local club so that I could use the members only golf course. They also pay for my high school golf expenses (extremely expensive some years- my freshman year we went to South Carolina and this year we are going to California for tournaments). I pay for all of my golf equipment and any "extras" (i.e. golf balls, gloves, shoes, towels, etc), but since I work at another course, I get playing priviledges and the pro is kind enough to help me with my swing.

My parents are pretty good to. Drive me to the course every day in the summer. I go in at around 10 and practice/play until 2 and then I work in the pro shop. Then they come get me around 10. 15 minute drive each way. They use to pay my membership, but I get it free now.

They bought me me irons. Everything else came from my pocket.