black friday fights

MtlJeff

One of the things i am genuinely most curious about as a Canadian in regards to my Yankee friends, is these ridiculous fights that take place on black friday. Every time i go to Yahoo on thanksgiving it seems like there are fights breaking out, people being trampled. It basically looks like the trailer to a zombie movie.

How bad is it really? Anyone got any stories? Do you guys even go to places like Walmart anymore or is it too dangerous?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time you go to WalMart, you are bound to see something interesting. Then you add lower prices on electronics, and it really brings out some fun stuff. Honestly, I don't know who these people are or where they come from, but c'mon, show some self respect...

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Around here we've had some mad rush's at Future Shop ( an electronics store, not sure if they are in the US). But nothing too bad. I mean it looks violent down south! Like Chris Rock said, it's not worth getting killed over your Pumas!"

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

IMO, it's not as bad as it used to be for most things. Since then they've gotten smart and started having lines or tickets handed out for the bigger items. I used to work at Walmart and they'd just have a pallet of the items and at 5am (when it used to "go down") they'd just rip the wrap off and it was a free for all. People would be standing there with their hand on an item to "claim" it before the time came. Luckily, I never saw anything but a few unpleasant exchanges of words.

[quote name='bppry' timestamp='1353726235' post='5971339']
There is a great video I saw on the news today of a guy saying "I'm gonna stab someone!". Will see if I can find a you tube link.

I don't get it myself. With the internet today most these deals can be found quite consistent. Plus you don't even have to pay sales tax in most cases.
[/quote]

I saw that on AOL news.

I read on CNN were 2 people were shot while standing in line at Wal-Mart in Florida. Sad, sad world we live in.

There is a great video I saw on the news today of a guy saying "I'm gonna stab someone!". Will see if I can find a you tube link.

I don't get it myself. With the internet today most these deals can be found quite consistent. Plus you don't even have to pay sales tax in most cases.

I saw that on AOL news.

I read on CNN were 2 people were shot while standing in line at Wal-Mart in Florida. Sad, sad world we live in.

tumblr_kqtijavUPU1qzje5uo1_500.jpg&w=593&h=225&zc=1

If you know what I mean.

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1353732877' post='5971653']
[quote name='bppry' timestamp='1353726235' post='5971339']

[/quote]

I saw that on AOL news.

[/quote]

Especially the day after people are supposed to be giving thanks, and that these items are generally bought for presents for supposedly the birth of Jesus. Not at all religious but the whole thing is shamefully ironic.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

I was out from 7:30pm Thursday-7:30am Friday morning (didn't want to go until midnight, because I felt horrible for the people who had to work Thanksgiving, but why I was anyway is another story). This particular story happened at Walmart. I will admit, I almost got in a fight at Walmart. But first, to the comment about people just going mad grabbing things, I saw this happen. We were already in the store, and when the announcement was made that it was 8pm and they could get the items, I saw people attack a bin of pillows like their life depended on it. Pillows were flying into the air, and being grabbed at like they carried a value higher than gold. Keep in mind, people, these are [i]pillows[/i] we're talking about. That was quite intersting watching that happen. Next is when I almost got myself in an altercation. Now, I admit, I grew up having my fair share of fights. I've always had a fairly short temper, but unless you push my buttons, I'm a pretty laid back, easy going person. However, I also never took anything from anyone. This one, simply did me in. I'm between the frozen food section, and another display of things ready to go for the next release (they had stages, staggered at different times, where they had different things on sale). There is literally [i][i]nowhere[/i][/i] to go. To my left, frozen foods and a mass of people. In front of me, a mass of people. Behind me, a mass of people. Beside me, a table with TV's on it. A woman coming out of the frozen food drills me in the back of the leg with a buggy (or shopping cart, whichever you know it by). The first one, I thought "alright, probably just came out farther than she meant to, no big deal". The second time I still gave her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she just didn't realize how far out she was coming. The third time, I was starting to get a little angry. The fourth time (and she drilled me on this one) I turned around and looked at her and threw my hands up to say "what are you doing?". I had no sooner turned around, than she hits me with it again. At this point, I had enough. I kicked the buggy back into her, then turned around and stared at she and her husband both to say "please, say something. I will cut you, you bloated hippo of a woman". I'm not proud of this, as I don't really like the idea of kicking a buggy back at some woman, but after 5 times of slamming a buggy into the back of my knee, I'd had enough. Also, to comment on the people taking it too seriously, I was too far away to do anything when it happened, but I did see a guy slap a video game out of the hands of a girl who looked anywhere between 9-12 years old, and ran off with it. I was talking to her dad outside of the store later about it, and we both agreed there was simply no reason for such a thing. Oh, and also in Walmart, a girl was wearing knee pads. I don't know why she felt she needed them, but apparently she was coming prepared for anything.

^^ Definitely brings out the worst in people. It's a shame really.

Especially those stories like the guy taking the game from a little girl. I just don't get that at all. Idiot could've probably walked over to the case they usually keep the games in and grabbed one and it would've rang up the same price. That's what I did and got all the ones I wanted a couple hours after they went on sale (and they were even the popular ones). Even decided I should've got another after I got home and picked it up online last night for the same price. I know it's not that easy for every item, but some people need to chill out.

The lady with the cart have a reason for nailing you with it repeatedly?

I do not shop on black Friday. I dont want to be put in the position of having to shoot someone. The only reason I even left my house on Black Friday was so that I could go play golf.

That, and there is NO sale of ANY item that I want or need that is worth the aggravation of dealing with those unruly crowds. I see how these morons act in the news and on youtube videos, and it makes me sick.

There were people lined up in tents around the Best Buy by my house on Wednesday. If someone is in such dire straights financially that they are willing to sit for 2 days outside of a store in an attempt to catch an item on sale, shouldnt they be using that time to work a part time job?

I am perhaps the most laid back easy going guy you will ever meet, but if you put me in a crowd of people pushing and shoving, the evil comes out. I cant take that, nor will I if I can help it.