teeing it up at the plantation course kapalua tomorrow

Teeing off at the bay course @ 6:40 then iam going to test out the plantation course for the guys on the pga tour just to make sure its in shape for the first tourny of 2013 image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Comments

• 1Dumbscreenname1Dumbscreenname Members Posts: 71
    I love that finishing hole, 635 yds from the back, so sweet down the hill!!!
  • Birddog2Birddog2 Members Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Aloha! Got to play there about 12 years ago, awesome. I ended up w/ a few extra towels and very fond memories.
    Ping G25 w/Ping Tour 65 R
    Cal XR16 4W w/Speeder Evo 565 R
    Ping G30 22* Hybrid Stock R
    Ping i15 5-W KBS R+
    Titleist 50* F Grind KBS 115 W
    Ping Glide SS 54* w/KBS Hi Rev R
    Ping Glide SS 58* CFS Wedge
    Odyssey Ti Hot #2
  • bmfgolfbmfgolf Members Posts: 104
    Good lord, when it's windy... Pray to break 90 (or whatever is typically high for you).

Once the tradewinds get swirling, there are holes where you'll have to hit 3-4 Clubs more easily. I think its number 9 or 10 where the approach is like 150 yards to an uphill green, and you need to play it like 185-190.
  • rockinarrockinar Members Posts: 2,150 ✭✭
    Both courses are nice.
  • mysteriousmaskedmanmysteriousmaskedman Members Posts: 21
    edited Nov 29, 2012 #6
    Heading there in 9 days. With it fresh in your mind - how bad was the wind for your afternoon round? Trying to decide if the extra $60-80 is worth it to avoid the wind in the afternoon.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sowned67sowned67 Members Posts: 10
    i was wondering is this course walkable?

i will be there in a few weeks, but will be cart path only... so im guessing i should be walking...

thoughts?
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    sowned67 wrote:

i was wondering is this course walkable?

i will be there in a few weeks, but will be cart path only... so im guessing i should be walking...

thoughts?

Long walks between tee boxes. I'd say no. The pros have shuttles between 5-6 I know for sure. As well as one down the hill for 8
  • KPH808KPH808 Participation Trophy ClubWRX Posts: 2,634 ClubWRX
    It's a great track, how did you like it?
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=times new roman,times,serif]Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
    TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
    Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
    Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
    Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M
    [/font]
    [/font]