Geek No Brainer: Anyone Playing it?

MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free.Members Posts: 2,110 ✭✭
I'm not LDA worthy, but I'm a big hitter... I'm thinking about buying a No Brainer.

Anyone played one?

I've heard it's low spin / low launch, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm thinking about getting a 9 degree and putting an Arthur Xtreme 6+ in it... or just waiting for one with a decent shaft to pop up for cheap on the bay.

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

Comments

• lsulaxlsulax Members Posts: 11
    I have a 6 degree dot com this and I love it and I'm not a big hitter

I let ROBOPTI use it yesterday at the driving range- and his results were just sick

I've never seen a ball go that far
  • Alpha9.5Alpha9.5 Members Posts: 45
    I don't know how long you have used geek driver's but I had one of the ealier ones (3 or 4 yrs ago) and really liked it. My bag fell off back of cart and I didn't have head cover on for some reason and really messed up head. Got a newer head late last year, and it's no where near the same feeling and performing head as the original. But the original dct head was great. Wish I could get another that felt and performed like the original. I have never hit the head you are talking about though, wish I could buy a lot of componet heads and try them though. I'm hiiting Alpha V5lx right now, and am wanting to get shaft for a lil higher flight with less spin. I have no roll on any driver though. I hope you get one and it works out.
  • maop99maop99 Members Posts: 364
    I'm playing it and its one of the longest, straightest drivers I've ever played... its in the bag right now, so I guess its means that its the best driver I've ever hit... at the moment :-)

I'm playing a 10.5... I'm usually a 9.5 in other drivers. Its about a half to 1 degree lower launch. low spin but not that much, I think the geek fs3, ping i15 and cobra s2 have lower spin.

I think this driver gives you the best combination of distance and forgiveness.
  • d.chu27d.chu27 Members Posts: 76
    I had one but it didn't last very long. The NO Brainer was a little heavier and threw off my swing a little. I still got good distance, but the DCT was about 10-13 yards longer (per vector x monitor). I also like the feel and looks of the DCT compared to the No Brainer. They are both great heads, but for me the DCT is unbeatable.
    Taylormade M2 Graphite Design Tour M9003 7x
    KZG VC-F 3+ wood 13* Matrix Black Tie 8M3 X
    KZG H370 Tour 18* Veylix 988X Hybrid
    Cobra Fly Z+ 4-PW DG X100
    Titlist Vokey Wedges 50* 54* & 59* DG S400
    Fisher CTS-8 Putter
    Taylormade Tour Preferred X
  • KuroOuji54KuroOuji54 Members Posts: 784 ✭✭
    Whatd you have in the No Brainer? Was it lower spin than the DCT?
  • I just ordered a No Brainer 6° with a 48" (USGA) HOF Prototype XX. Robert at House of Forged is building it for me.....I should have it by the middle of next week. Can't wait to hit it!
  • FairwayGolfUSA.comFairwayGolfUSA.com Sponsors Posts: 1,610 ✭✭
    I have a Geek Dot.Com This, and loved it. I shot my best round with it. The No Brainer looks amazing and long! We see Robert here often, we carry his shafts, etc. I have to try it soon!
    Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
    Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
    Instagram:https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/
    Phone: 1-619-702-1702
  • sunbeltgolfersunbeltgolfer Members Posts: 479 ✭✭
    I was thinking about trying one of the No Brainer heads and wondered if anyone could offer insight as to whether the heads are still as good since the sale of the company to Pro Series Golf.
  • juddbojuddbo Members Posts: 16

I was thinking about trying one of the No Brainer heads and wondered if anyone could offer insight as to whether the heads are still as good since the sale of the company to Pro Series Golf.

Geek is so far behind in tech I can't believe they're still around.
    Then I'm glad I finally showed some restraint on purchasing.
  • HubijerkHubijerk Members Posts: 783 ✭✭
    I built one a few years ago and was very underwhelmed. As far as long drive specific heads go I did hit a Krank Formula 6 and I was impressed. It was long, had 4.5 degrees of loft, and I had to really tilt hard to get up enough on the ball but it was straight and the ball exploded off the face and it felt hard but good. I was actually looking at picking up a head and had some questions but couldn't get anyone at Krank on the phone and never got a call back and then I just kind of forgot about them. But their stuff seems legit.
    You can't sneak the cheese by a rat
    I have a Krank Formula 6.5 and really like it. Very easy to hit straight which surprised me a bit. The uncontrollable Ho in me makes me want to experiment, but, I think at this point the burning desire for the Geek has passed. Thanks for your input.
  • super20dansuper20dan Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭
    I picked up a bang-bang-o matic for 10 $ at flea market and its very very long but somewhat demanding to hit. not shure the trade of is worth it. for now it makes a fun toy
    73 hogan apex
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,383 ✭✭
    edited Jan 12, 2019 8:36am #15
    Well, I've always wanted to try one, so.........................my 12* arrived yesterday!

20190111_150029.jpg20190111_150055.jpg20190111_150051.jpg20190111_150042.jpg

Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 5w 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5H
    Cobra Max 6-GW
    Cobra Trust Rusty 56*
    Odyssey V-Line

• Typhoon92Typhoon92 Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    ...and was back up for sale in under an hour.
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx.ClubWRX Posts: 917 ClubWRX
    super20dan wrote:

I picked up a bang-bang-o matic for 10 $ at flea market and its very very long but somewhat demanding to hit. not shure the trade of is worth it. for now it makes a fun toy

Boy back when Steve Almo owned Bang golf he made some great woods. Used the BOM ( Bang-o-matic ) for years with an original Graffaloy blue shaft. Also had the Bang SF woods ( 3, 5, 7 ) with Graffally Blues and those were long and straight as well. To this day that Driver - woods set up was the best I have ever played.

Taylor Made M6 10.5 * | Ventus 6s
    Taylor Made M4 | Graphite Design IZ-7s
    Adams Pro A12 2 / 3 Hybrids | UST Mamiya Silver
    PXG Gen 2 0311P 3 - GW | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
    Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    PXG Gunboat H Putter 
    PXG Staff Bag