Updated WITB for 2013! MP-64,MP-4H Project X PXI, Titleist!!

Here is my updated bag for the 2013 Season:

Driver: Titleist 910D3 10.5 Degree w/ Kaili 65 Stiff Flex cut down to 43 3/4. D2 Swingweight

3 Wood: Titleist 906F4 13.5 Degree w/ Proforce V2 90g Shaft Stiff Flex

3 iron: Mizuno MP-H4 3 iron with Project X Pxi 6.0 and Crossline Black Grip

4-pw: Mizuno MP-64 with Project X Pxi 6.0 and Crossline Black Grip

50-06/54-08: Mizuno MP-R12 with DG Spinner Shaft

60-08: Mizuno MP-T11 with DG Spinner Shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Coronado 33 inch

Here's the pics. BTW, the 64's feels better than any mizuno I've ever hit. Upgrading from the MP-59 and Previously the MP-32's. The PXI shafts are INCREDIBLE. It's like they took the feel of a KBS shaft and combined it with the stability and ballflight of a Project X. They feel super soft and you can actually feel the shaft load and unload at the bottom. Ballflight is what you would expect from the Project X with no ballooning and a penetrating flight but with a very welcome soft feel. I was previously gaming the MP-59 with Project X 6.5 and they felt ok but HARSH. The MP-H4 3 iron IMO blows the MP-FLI HI out of the water. I think it's more forgiving, better turf interaction and easily workable. Enjoy the PICS!! Please ask questions about anything, Paint fill, the PXi shafts, MP-59,or 64s. I'm here to answer any questions.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='freddyottawa' timestamp='1354331364' post='6003089']
Wow! I love this bag, that is one sweet setup you have put together, nice job!
[/quote]

Thanks! I seriously think it's taken me 3 years to really get fined tuned to the equipment I need. Honestly, I never realized how important shafts are or how different they play until you truly get fitted.

PXI are awesome aren't they! What's the V2 like? I have a 906f4 (15.5) with aldila vs pro to 80 x and it's the easiest fairway i've ever hit of the deck.

I have the mpR12's too. I've just got the T11s in a sale for next year. do you notice any difference with them? Obviously ignoring the different shape.

Good honest bag there :)

Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Titleist 913f
Mizuno MP54
Vokey 52/56
Odyssey #7 MXM Versa
WITB Link

[quote name='tommy89' timestamp='1354356443' post='6003797']
PXI are awesome aren't they! What's the V2 like? I have a 906f4 (15.5) with aldila vs pro to 80 x and it's the easiest fairway i've ever hit of the deck.

I have the mpR12's too. I've just got the T11s in a sale for next year. do you notice any difference with them? Obviously ignoring the different shape.

Good honest bag there :)
[/quote]

Ok, on the Proforce V2, I notice a very low spin low ball flight. Very penetrating. I live in kansas and we have winds up to 25-35pmh on normal days. Hence this is also the reason why I got a 13.5 instead of a 15.5. I wanted to keep the ball low and penetrating in a head wind instead of letting the driver get up in the air and get spinny or If I have a 20mph crosswind. As far as the feel of the shaft. It feels very stable yet very responsive. You do feel a kick or unload at the bottom without the feeling that you're gonna snap hook the life out of it. I hit it about 260-270 so sometimes when the driver isnt working, this is the perfect tool.Also, off the deck it awesome but I will say that I HAVE to PLAY A CUT for it to work for me. OK, as far as the MP-R12 vs the MP-T11, I just bought the 60-08 MP-T11 for my R12 60 degree replacement for several reasons. The T-11 I feel bites more than the R12 with the 60. Also, the leading edge feels more square when you look down at it instead of the r-12 were it looks a little more rounded. As far as performance, I really feel like the T-11 performs better than the R-12 plus they're currently on sale. I actually had the T-11 in 2011 before I went to the R-12 in 2012 and back to the T-11 2 weeks ago. Ok, the reason i did not go with the NEW T-4 wedge is because of the grind. The T-11 and R-12 had that M grind were you could open the face and the leading edge is super close to the ground. The T-4 doesnt offer this and when I tested the T-4 and opened the face, the leading edge was a tad bit high for my liking. I'd also like to note that I did spin rate comparison with the T-11,R-12,T-4,Cleveland 588's old and new ones, and well as the new vokeys. The spin rates at 100 yards were consistently 6900 RPM with the T-11 and T-4. 6700 with R-12. 6300 with all the clevelands, and vokeys were 6500. Hope this answers your question. I'd personally go with T-11. Oh, and by the way, the think the DG spinner shafts are freaking awesome ! Stable!

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1354337197' post='6003451']
Sweet bag, a lot like mine.
[/quote]

Thanks! I just painted the mizuno logo on the back of my irons red just last night, and they turned out perfect. I love it!! Upload your set up! Would love to see it!

[attachment=1437633:IMG_0174.JPG]

Ok cool. Thanks for the feed back. I'm pleased the leading edge is squarer as i've had to grind my 58 to make it square. I've not seen the T11s yet as they're a xmas gift ;)

V2 sounds interesting. I've been thinking about putting the V2 or the avixcore tour green in my driver. I've got PX 5.5 in my wedges which i love. they're pin seeking missiles lol

Great set up :)

Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Titleist 913f
Mizuno MP54
Vokey 52/56
Odyssey #7 MXM Versa
WITB Link

Very nice bag. Just got my H4 4 iron with PXi last week to go with my 64's with PXi's. I also added some T11's because they were on sale at Golf Galaxy. Crazy deals on them for about $55 a piece. If you love that wedge, might not be a bad idea to grab a few backups.

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

[quote name='tommy89' timestamp='1354380813' post='6004575']
Ok cool. Thanks for the feed back. I'm pleased the leading edge is squarer as i've had to grind my 58 to make it square. I've not seen the T11s yet as they're a xmas gift ;)

V2 sounds interesting. I've been thinking about putting the V2 or the avixcore tour green in my driver. I've got PX 5.5 in my wedges which i love. they're pin seeking missiles lol

[/quote]

Yeah, I totally fell in love with the square 'look' at address back when I played the MX-300's. The leading edge was so straight and made me feel like I was really lined up as well as the feeling like I was really going to take beautiful dollar divot. I already hit the ball lower on my driver so that is why I do not have the Proforce in my driver. It's honestly such a stable shaft!! I love it. Now you have me curious, my Expert fitter man adviced me to not put PX shafts in my 50 or 54 because he felt it would play too stiff and not spin enough when needed. How has that setup worked for you??

[quote name='joeclothing' timestamp='1354387725' post='6004857']
Very nice bag. Just got my H4 4 iron with PXi last week to go with my 64's with PXi's. I also added some T11's because they were on sale at Golf Galaxy. Crazy deals on them for about $55 a piece. If you love that wedge, might not be a bad idea to grab a few backups.
[/quote]

Congrats on such a wonderful setup. How did you feel about the Pxi's? Theyre truly amazing. I did grab an extra T-11 60 degree at golf galaxy last weekend, they were on sale there for $69 which is a hell of deal when a new R-12 is $129. How did you feel about the T-11 vs R-12's? Also, on your PXI's what stiffness?

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1354403638' post='6005531']
What do you think of the h4?
Also pxi's?
[/quote]

The H4's are SICK LONG and very workable. They have a hot off the face feel but with the stability and shotmaking abilities of a forged head. I tested it out today and was hitting it 240-250 off the tee box with a draw. I'm hitting a 3 iron. I ABSOLUTELY love hitting a driving iron and I'm actually considering getting the 18 degree 2 iron in the MP-H4. In my opinion, they are better than the MP-FLI HI's. The get up in the quick, roll forever in the fairways, but when playing a cut will land softly on the green. Someone could really be dangerous with a set of these. VERY forgiving and I would highly recommend them in the LONG irons to blend with your MP set. I love my MP-64 in the 4 iron but I could see many guys going with a 3 and 4 in the MP-h4 line to go with their mp57,58,59,60 etc.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1354404770' post='6005585']
Man the paint on those wedges look pretty good. I never would have thought that I would like something that colorful, they look really good. All around nice bag!
[/quote]

Thank you, I think I change the colors every month just for fun. If anyone is interested, I use Elmers paint pens. They have many colors and are super easy to work with and last a long time. I'm a very aggressive divot taker and I have not had any problems with paint coming off. The only one that will wear first is on my 60 when I play sand shots but that's after 3-4 months.

[quote name='Anthony Kelley' timestamp='1354410107' post='6005811']
[/quote]

Congrats on such a wonderful setup. How did you feel about the Pxi's? Theyre truly amazing. I did grab an extra T-11 60 degree at golf galaxy last weekend, they were on sale there for $69 which is a hell of deal when a new R-12 is $129. How did you feel about the T-11 vs R-12's? Also, on your PXI's what stiffness?
[/quote]

Yeah GG had a coupon that was take $30 off a purchase of $125 or more and that's how they came out to $110 for the pair. I have always played 52, 56, and 60 in my wedges, but because the 64's have strong lofts (PW is 46*) I was going to try out 50, 54, 58. Only issue now is I can't seem to find a 50* anywhere!

I have logged some time with the R12's and there were two things I wasn't crazy about. 1. the size/shape and 2. the design. Never was crazy about the brushed/chrome combination. T11's look perfect to my eye.

PXi's are 6.0's and they are unbelievable. The PXi/64 combination is about the best feeling club you could hit. The shaft just seems to enhance the soft feel Mizuno is known for.

Congrats again!

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

[quote name='joeclothing' timestamp='1354411720' post='6005923']
[quote name='Anthony Kelley' timestamp='1354410107' post='6005811']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah GG had a coupon that was take $30 off a purchase of $125 or more and that's how they came out to $110 for the pair. I have always played 52, 56, and 60 in my wedges, but because the 64's have strong lofts (PW is 46*) I was going to try out 50, 54, 58. Only issue now is I can't seem to find a 50* anywhere!

I have logged some time with the R12's and there were two things I wasn't crazy about. 1. the size/shape and 2. the design. Never was crazy about the brushed/chrome combination. T11's look perfect to my eye.

PXi's are 6.0's and they are unbelievable. The PXi/64 combination is about the best feeling club you could hit. The shaft just seems to enhance the soft feel Mizuno is known for.

Congrats again!
[/quote]

I think you said it perfectly. Not only did mizuno get it right AGAIN with starting the MP-64 with feel but with the correct shafts, they feel like the club and ball are bonding at impact. It's such a rewarding feeling when properly struck!

[quote name='Anthony Kelley' timestamp='1354409940' post='6005797']

[/quote]

Yeah, I totally fell in love with the square 'look' at address back when I played the MX-300's. The leading edge was so straight and made me feel like I was really lined up as well as the feeling like I was really going to take beautiful dollar divot. I already hit the ball lower on my driver so that is why I do not have the Proforce in my driver. It's honestly such a stable shaft!! I love it. Now you have me curious, my Expert fitter man adviced me to not put PX shafts in my 50 or 54 because he felt it would play too stiff and not spin enough when needed. How has that setup worked for you??
[/quote]

My wedges are the same length a my 1/2 inch longer PW. I love this, it really helps me control distance. I still get plenty of spin and can still back them up 10 feet (not that i try, it just does with our soft greens). The best thing is is that no matter how windy it is i still get the same ball flight. It makes me feel like i'm really compressing the ball rather than flicking it.

:)

Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Titleist 913f
Mizuno MP54
Vokey 52/56
Odyssey #7 MXM Versa
WITB Link

[quote name='tommy89' timestamp='1354457644' post='6007451']
[quote name='Anthony Kelley' timestamp='1354409940' post='6005797']

[/quote]

[/quote]

My wedges are the same length a my 1/2 inch longer PW. I love this, it really helps me control distance. I still get plenty of spin and can still back them up 10 feet (not that i try, it just does with our soft greens). The best thing is is that no matter how windy it is i still get the same ball flight. It makes me feel like i'm really compressing the ball rather than flicking it.

:)
[/quote]

Wow that's a nice way to put it : "Compressing rather then flicking it". I completely understand since I really trap the ball and try to compress it as much as possible. I might have to play with the shafts next time I get a replacement wedge. I'll keep the old, reshaft it and test out the difference. I wonder how many similarities there are between the Spinner DG shaft and the performance of a PXi in like a 50 or 54 degree wedge knowing that the same company makes both.

Anthony Kelley - your bag looks awesome. I'm really digging the Mizuno irons. I had to give up on Mizuno since they don't make many of the models I liked best in lefty. The paint job looks sweet!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1354463430' post='6007739']
Anthony Kelley - your bag looks awesome. I'm really digging the Mizuno irons. I had to give up on Mizuno since they don't make many of the models I liked best in lefty. The paint job looks sweet!
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. What was your favorite lefty model? And what are you currently gaming??

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Anthony Kelley' timestamp='1354410594' post='6005843']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1354404770' post='6005585']
Man the paint on those wedges look pretty good. I never would have thought that I would like something that colorful, they look really good. All around nice bag!
[/quote]

Thank you, I think I change the colors every month just for fun. If anyone is interested, I use Elmers paint pens. They have many colors and are super easy to work with and last a long time. I'm a very aggressive divot taker and I have not had any problems with paint coming off. The only one that will wear first is on my 60 when I play sand shots but that's after 3-4 months.
[/quote]

Nice setup. What do you use to remove the paint first?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]