GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Tomcat 14 Putter- ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

2456763
63

Comments

  • Jon RobertJon Robert Members  606WRX Points: 1Posts: 606 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Dec 8, 2012 #32
    MattMo wrote:
    <br />
    My wife managed a thrift shop for a non-profit org. for a few years right out of college and was able to purchase a set of Eye 2's 3-SW for $50 before they even hit the sales floor. They were even red dot which fit her specs perfectly.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    HELLO! Welcome to 2012.<br />
    <br />
    Any thrift store managed by a real person of intelligence also knows about eBay and Craigslist. Their job is to make money for the thrift store. They have long ago started picking out the valuable items and not just putting them out with the other common stuff. Only occasionally do they miss a top shelf item.<br />
    <br />
    I pretty much quit looking at thrift stores back in the late 90's or early 2000's. I just look at Play it Again or eBay
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Southern Ontario, CanadaUnregistered  2130WRX Points: 395Handicap: 6.5Posts: 2,130 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #33
    I've never found anything in a thrift store, but I did find a couple good deals at a Second-Hand Swap shop. A 983E 7.5* w/ a blueboard 73 x flex, which I bought for $35, pulled the shaft and sold the shaft for $40 (it was pretty worn down). I then traded the head in with a garbage old pull out for $12. I also found an old warbird 7 wood with an EI-70 in it with a brand new grip. Flipped that for a $10 profit. I was also lucky enough to find a virtually brand new R11s in July at a golf store. It had the stock shaft, and elasticized to that was an original R11 blur TP 'X' flex shaft for $130.xx with tax. It was my best find to date. Nothing quite extravagant like some of you but I do okay.
    Posted:

    Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757
    Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85
    Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL
    Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium

  • TMBobTMBob Members  5375WRX Points: 62Handicap: 5Posts: 5,375 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #34
    Dbo35 wrote:
    <br />
    found the pic<br />
    <br />
    edit: this is 6-pw, I went back the next day and they had put out the 4 and 5.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Tour only all Black Ferrules I see.....either that or a reshaft.
    Posted:
  • buckyweetbuckyweet ClubWRX  280WRX Points: 60Posts: 280 Greens
    Joined:  #35
    Happened to walk by the golf club grab bag at a thrift store last weekend and immediately picked these 2 clubs up for $2.99 each! They were the only 2 decent clubs and looked like it belonged to the same person:<br />
    <br />
    Taylormade R7 Limited driver 9* w/ Matrix Ozik 5.5 stiff shaft<br />
    Titleist 910 3 wood w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff shaft<br />
    <br />
    Both are in pretty decent shape; normal wear and nothing noticably wrong with them.
    Posted:
  • ejones1961ejones1961 Members  233WRX Points: 0Posts: 233
    Joined:  #36
    I got a stainless anser 4, a BB hawkeye 9* driver an orlimar 9.5* a mizuno wedge and a colt Tear gas pen. Probably have a few others laying around that I got ther also, was really suprised to find the pen.
    Posted:
  • fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members  10644WRX Points: 394Handicap: 2Posts: 10,644 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #37
    2.99 for those might be the best deal ever.<br />
    <br />
    I'm gonna go thrifting today methinks
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i


    Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • crestron-gurucrestron-guru Members  62WRX Points: 0Posts: 62
    Joined:  #38
    deelee wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Every time I go to a local thrft store I always take a look at the random golf clubs there. I am always hoping some poor granny donated her husbands new clubs that she didnt know about! I know my girlfriend would probably donate mine if I died..she thinks I got them all at unbelievable deals! Post your thrift store finds.....<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Why start a thread without having a find yourself?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Not so sure he needed to post something. I think the op had a brilliant idea.
    Posted:
  • TezTez Members  25WRX Points: 0Posts: 25
    Joined:  #39
    Let's see were do I start. I have been collecting at the local Goodwill Outlet Thrift shop for awhile now and I only pay $1.00 for each club and $4.99 for each golf bag. I have bought over 1,000 clubs and bags just this past 12 months alone and they all were great finds.<br />
    <br />
    I have found many old Ping putters including a Ping 1-A, Lot's of old Bullseye putters, Ray Cook putters, Wilson 8802, 8813 & other classic putters. A lot of Persimmon drivers & woods from all manufactures. Lot's of Blade iron sets, I only play blades. It's amazing how many great bags, both newer & old that I have bought for next to nothing just to turn around & sell them for 10 to 30 times what I paid for them. Along with old equipment I have also bought many Nike, Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, Callaway Woods & irons. All in good to great shape.<br />
    <br />
    I have attached a small example of some of the items I have bought at Goodwill Outlet.
    Posted:
  • horty1388horty1388 Members  2331WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,331
    Joined:  #40
    Played with a guy the other day and he picked up a older set of tour edge clubs for 20 dollars. He said he researched on eBay and they were going for around 400
    Posted:
  • Dbo35Dbo35 Members  264WRX Points: 0Posts: 264
    Joined:  #41
    TMBob wrote:
    <br />
    Dbo35 wrote:
    <br />
    found the pic<br />
    <br />
    edit: this is 6-pw, I went back the next day and they had put out the 4 and 5.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Tour only all Black Ferrules I see.....either that or a reshaft.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    They have Nippon n.s. pro shafts.
    Posted:
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members  6407WRX Points: 363Posts: 6,407 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #42
    Tez wrote:
    <br />
    Let's see were do I start. I have been collecting at the local Goodwill Outlet Thrift shop for awhile now and I only pay $1.00 for each club and $4.99 for each golf bag. I have bought over 1,000 clubs and bags just this past 12 months alone and they all were great finds.<br />
    <br />
    I have found many old Ping putters including a Ping 1-A, Lot's of old Bullseye putters, Ray Cook putters, Wilson 8802, 8813 & other classic putters. A lot of Persimmon drivers & woods from all manufactures. Lot's of Blade iron sets, I only play blades. It's amazing how many great bags, both newer & old that I have bought for next to nothing just to turn around & sell them for 10 to 30 times what I paid for them. Along with old equipment I have also bought many Nike, Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, Callaway Woods & irons. All in good to great shape.<br />
    <br />
    I have attached a small example of some of the items I have bought at Goodwill Outlet.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Small sample?<br />
    <br />
    That's insane. Do you sell these things or just hang onto them?
    Posted:

    X________________________________
    Sign Here

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • parpar41parpar41 Members  1218WRX Points: 56Posts: 1,218 Bunkers
    Joined:  #43
    pingeye wrote:
    <br />
    Not a thrift store story but my father in law has started to play more golf and is still using a custom made set that are probably 20 years old with Xstiff shafts. He even plays an old Mcgreger 3 wood. He's a very good player and everytime we play together he borrows my Eye2 set to use.<br />
    <br />
    I've been looking for a good used (forgiving) set for him. I found a set of Callaway 2006 Big Bertha P-6 irons with a 5H Heaven hybrd for $39.00 in pretty good shape at the PGA Superstore. I went back in a couple days later and they had the matching Big Bertha 3 wood for $14.00. Stopped at Golfsmith and used a $10.00 off card I've had for awhile to pick up new grips for them. At lunch today I picked up a Cally HyperX 10 deg with reg shaft for him for $29.00 there as well.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Well done ! Your father in law is a lucky guy. I suspect he will enjoy golf much more with the "new" set you have put together for him
    Posted:
  • nachonacho Jr. Boomers  356WRX Points: 0Posts: 356
    Joined:  #44
    Just found this thread. I have found a taylormade system 2 driver and 3 wood. A Adams idea 7 iron hybrid, a tour edge any lie 16* hybrid a dci iron head a ray cook m1x a Cleveland launcher 6 iron ( rh and I'm a lefty ) a Mizzy pro silver of something 5 wood.
    Posted:
  • TezTez Members  25WRX Points: 0Posts: 25
    Joined:  #45
    <br />
    Tez wrote:
    <br />
    Let's see were do I start. I have been collecting at the local Goodwill Outlet Thrift shop for awhile now and I only pay $1.00 for each club and $4.99 for each golf bag. I have bought over 1,000 clubs and bags just this past 12 months alone and they all were great finds.<br />
    <br />
    I have found many old Ping putters including a Ping 1-A, Lot's of old Bullseye putters, Ray Cook putters, Wilson 8802, 8813 & other classic putters. A lot of Persimmon drivers & woods from all manufactures. Lot's of Blade iron sets, I only play blades. It's amazing how many great bags, both newer & old that I have bought for next to nothing just to turn around & sell them for 10 to 30 times what I paid for them. Along with old equipment I have also bought many Nike, Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, Callaway Woods & irons. All in good to great shape.<br />
    <br />
    I have attached a small example of some of the items I have bought at Goodwill Outlet.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Small sample?<br />
    <br />
    That's insane. Do you sell these things or just hang onto them?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Both actually. It started out as a hobby, but grew from there.
    Posted:
  • MiniJ83MiniJ83 Members  1455WRX Points: 103Posts: 1,455 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #46
    Tez wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Tez wrote:
    <br />
    Let's see were do I start. I have been collecting at the local Goodwill Outlet Thrift shop for awhile now and I only pay $1.00 for each club and $4.99 for each golf bag. I have bought over 1,000 clubs and bags just this past 12 months alone and they all were great finds.<br />
    <br />
    I have found many old Ping putters including a Ping 1-A, Lot's of old Bullseye putters, Ray Cook putters, Wilson 8802, 8813 & other classic putters. A lot of Persimmon drivers & woods from all manufactures. Lot's of Blade iron sets, I only play blades. It's amazing how many great bags, both newer & old that I have bought for next to nothing just to turn around & sell them for 10 to 30 times what I paid for them. Along with old equipment I have also bought many Nike, Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, Callaway Woods & irons. All in good to great shape.<br />
    <br />
    I have attached a small example of some of the items I have bought at Goodwill Outlet.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Small sample?<br />
    <br />
    That's insane. Do you sell these things or just hang onto them?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Both actually. It started out as a hobby, but grew from there.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's awesome. I'd love to have some of those old clubs for the man cave. I'll have to keep an eye out.
    Posted:
  • TripleGrindSoleTripleGrindSole Members  1404WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,404 Bunkers
    Joined:  #47
    buckyweet wrote:
    <br />
    Happened to walk by the golf club grab bag at a thrift store last weekend and immediately picked these 2 clubs up for $2.99 each! They were the only 2 decent clubs and looked like it belonged to the same person:<br />
    <br />
    Taylormade R7 Limited driver 9* w/ Matrix Ozik 5.5 stiff shaft<br />
    Titleist 910 3 wood w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff shaft<br />
    <br />
    Both are in pretty decent shape; normal wear and nothing noticably wrong with them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    No. effing. way.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Dbo35Dbo35 Members  264WRX Points: 0Posts: 264
    Joined:  #48
    <br />
    buckyweet wrote:
    <br />
    Happened to walk by the golf club grab bag at a thrift store last weekend and immediately picked these 2 clubs up for $2.99 each! They were the only 2 decent clubs and looked like it belonged to the same person:<br />
    <br />
    Taylormade R7 Limited driver 9* w/ Matrix Ozik 5.5 stiff shaft<br />
    Titleist 910 3 wood w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff shaft<br />
    <br />
    Both are in pretty decent shape; normal wear and nothing noticably wrong with them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    No. effing. way.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You hit up goodwill enough you will find these things... I found a r11s 3 wood that looked like it had never been hit the other day - $4.94.
    Posted:
  • TYSHYNETYSHYNE #Simmer! Members  131WRX Points: 60Posts: 131 Fairways
    Joined:  #49
    The cream of the crop at my local GW is like a Dunlop wedge. Great finds!
    Posted:
  • TripleGrindSoleTripleGrindSole Members  1404WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,404 Bunkers
    Joined:  #50
    Dbo35 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    buckyweet wrote:
    <br />
    Happened to walk by the golf club grab bag at a thrift store last weekend and immediately picked these 2 clubs up for $2.99 each! They were the only 2 decent clubs and looked like it belonged to the same person:<br />
    <br />
    Taylormade R7 Limited driver 9* w/ Matrix Ozik 5.5 stiff shaft<br />
    Titleist 910 3 wood w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff shaft<br />
    <br />
    Both are in pretty decent shape; normal wear and nothing noticably wrong with them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    No. effing. way.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You hit up goodwill enough you will find these things... I found a r11s 3 wood that looked like it had never been hit the other day - $4.94.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I hit up goodwill, salvation army, value world at least once a week. The best thing I have ever found is a complete set of opposite handed Cobra Oversize Irons (Driving Iron thru Sand Wedge) for 10 bucks.
    Posted:
  • TripleGrindSoleTripleGrindSole Members  1404WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,404 Bunkers
    Joined:  #51
    I did find a Vega V-Wedge at PIAS for 4 bucks and I ruined it trying to strip off the chrome...
    Posted:
  • TezTez Members  25WRX Points: 0Posts: 25
    Joined:  #52
    <br />
    Dbo35 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    buckyweet wrote:
    <br />
    Happened to walk by the golf club grab bag at a thrift store last weekend and immediately picked these 2 clubs up for $2.99 each! They were the only 2 decent clubs and looked like it belonged to the same person:<br />
    <br />
    Taylormade R7 Limited driver 9* w/ Matrix Ozik 5.5 stiff shaft<br />
    Titleist 910 3 wood w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff shaft<br />
    <br />
    Both are in pretty decent shape; normal wear and nothing noticably wrong with them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    No. effing. way.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You hit up goodwill enough you will find these things... I found a r11s 3 wood that looked like it had never been hit the other day - $4.94.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I hit up goodwill, salvation army, value world at least once a week. The best thing I have ever found is a complete set of opposite handed Cobra Oversize Irons (Driving Iron thru Sand Wedge) for 10 bucks.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Truth be told only hitting up the thrift stores only once a week or so is like buying a lottery ticket, not much chance of finding gold in them there hills. I am luckily enough to be able to spend at least 2-3 hours a day hanging out at the thrift stores, especially the Goodwill Outlet store that puts out new product every couple of hours.<br />
    <br />
    Like most pickers, I spend a lot of time digging to find the gold. If you only drop in once in awhile you may get lucky but won't find things consistently. It is amazing at what gets donated because people have no clue what the clubs are or what they are worth especially the classic/vintage clubs.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • VinceFurnierVinceFurnier Members  345WRX Points: 0Posts: 345
    Joined:  #53
    In the last month I have found the following at my local GW.<br />
    <br />
    $30 - Titleist 962 2-SW w/ S300 and new Tour Velvets in excellent condition<br />
    $3 - Maxfli Tad Moore TM-8 in good condition for a refinish<br />
    <br />
    Already flipped the 962s for $125.
    Posted:
  • MattMoMattMo Members  2395WRX Points: 132Handicap: 8Posts: 2,395 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #54
    Jon Robert wrote:
    <br />
    MattMo wrote:
    <br />
    My wife managed a thrift shop for a non-profit org. for a few years right out of college and was able to purchase a set of Eye 2's 3-SW for $50 before they even hit the sales floor. They were even red dot which fit her specs perfectly.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    HELLO! Welcome to 2012.<br />
    <br />
    Any thrift store managed by a real person of intelligence also knows about eBay and Craigslist. Their job is to make money for the thrift store. They have long ago started picking out the valuable items and not just putting them out with the other common stuff. Only occasionally do they miss a top shelf item.<br />
    <br />
    I pretty much quit looking at thrift stores back in the late 90's or early 2000's. I just look at Play it Again or eBay<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This was about 10 years ago, FWIW<br />
    <br />
    Stopped at 3 different thrift shops on MLK Day and the only thing of value I came across was on old Ping sunday bag for $5. Pretty rough shape though.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* w/ Rogue Black
    Ping G25 4W w/ TFC
    Ping G25 20* Hybrid w/ TFC
    Ping ie1 4-U w/ CFS
    Ping Glide 54* WS
    Ping Glide Stealth 58* ES
    Ping Anser Milled 6
  • TowelieeeeTowelieeee You're a towel! Members  666WRX Points: 1Posts: 666 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #55
    I found a completely original Ping Zing 2 for $5 the other day. Too bad it's left handed. I still picked in up though. I have some lefty friends and I'm somewhat ambidextrous so I like to mess around
    Posted:
    Ping G15 10.5* w/ Prolaunch Red S
    Ping G15 18.5* w/ Prolite fairway X
    Ping G10 21* w/ Oban Revenge S
    Ping i15 4-W w/ PX satin 6.0
    Ping Tour S 52* & 56*, Eye 2 60*
    Ping Anser 2 Pat. Pending Black satin
  • Dbo35Dbo35 Members  264WRX Points: 0Posts: 264
    Joined:  #56
    I have 2 goodwills on my way to work.. I usually stop by both on the way to and way home. I've found that they usually restock clubs at the beginning of each month.
    Posted:
  • larrywallarrywal Members  24WRX Points: 41Posts: 24 Bunkers
    Joined:  #57
    I have 3 of these bags sitting in my basement right now one says TiSi on it they are very well built
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • gmr04gmr04 Members  93WRX Points: 69Posts: 93 Fairways
    Joined:  #58
    Just this week at Play-It-Again - 3-P set of Macgregor VIP Tour CB 92s in playable shape (after a thorough cleaning) - $7.00. My back up set immediately went on Ebay.
    Posted:
  • VinceFurnierVinceFurnier Members  345WRX Points: 0Posts: 345
    Joined:  #59
    I usually only look for clubs, books, and records at Goodwill but the other day I was looking for a pair of rain pants for my buddy who was flying in from Palm Springs for a bachelor party golf round. I didn't find a rain pant for him, but I did find a pair of Nike DriFit pants new w/ tags that fit me perfect for $8.
    Posted:
  • JJensenJJensen MNWRX - FBefnD Members  2819WRX Points: 36Posts: 2,819 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #60
    <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> $1.30
    Posted:
    913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
    BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
    Z U45 18* - DG X100
    J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
    SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
    SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers  4634WRX Points: 234Handicap: 8Posts: 4,634 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #61
    JJensen wrote:
    <br />
    <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> $1.30<br />
    <br />
    Very nice. The only thing at my goodwills are old school wilson or names I've never even heard of haha.
    Posted:
    Forever Changing at this point.......
63

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.