Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

Comments

• fatkidfatkid Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    A full set of Ping Eye 2 irons (3-pw) plus a partial set 6-pw). Walking my dog, the clubs were set out in the garbage. Sticking out of the recycling can.
  • W4LWQW4LWQ Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Picked up an Odessy at the GW for $3.99. how do I post pics?
  • jreid19jreid19 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Bought a Lady Cobra 5 wood for the wife today for $2.99 at Salvation Army. Had a very worn Winn grip on it so immediately went and had a Golf Pride MCC put on, so it ended up being about $15. She's very happy, so I should be good for a few more golf purchases without getting any stick.
  • Found this old thing at Goodwill for $3.50, still haven’t decided if it will make the bag or not.
  • Found this old thing at Goodwill for $3.50, still haven’t decided if it will make the bag or not.
  • SummaSumma Members Posts: 14
    The goodwills near me never have any golf items that are not beat to 💩, off brand and 20 years old.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭
    Summa wrote:

The goodwills near me never have any golf items that are not beat to ��, off brand and 20 years old.

Same here!
  • Just went into the local Thrift store today and picked these up at $1 apiece. The Sand edges is a Ben Hogan.
  • smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭

Found this old thing at Goodwill for $3.50, still haven't decided if it will make the bag or not.

Holy cow, seeing that makes you realize how much easier the current equipment has made the game, especially off the tee (I had the 8* TM Tour Driver to match that Brassie).

You should keep it as a training aid, as in if you can get to the point where you're puring that thing, imagine what you can do with your current 460cc driver and +150cc fairway woods!
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor
  • sandtrapsandtrap Members Posts: 823 ✭✭
    That PT midsize driver was cool in the day
  • jreid19jreid19 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Not sure this fits as a thrift shop find but here goes...

Dunlop DDH II 3-pw, Wilson Gear Effect 1200 3-pw, Ram Tom Watson Pro Custom 3-pw, Ram FX Max 5 wood, Wilson ProStaff Limited Edition midsize driver 3w 5w, Dunlop Tour Method driver 3w 5w, Hippo John Daly 3-9, ladies Dunlop Power Trac 3-pw, various other metal woods, a couple knockoff Big Bertha drivers, a couple putters, a pull cart, a Callaway midsize cart/staff bag, a weird double bag that's a regular bag with a Sunday type stand bag attached, and what may go straight into my bag once I regrip them...Wilson Fat Shaft IV 5-pw.

Total - $0

My wife snagged all of these, while I was at work, from the side of a street after seeing it on the Instagram story of a woman she knows.
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,538 ✭✭
    What do you guys think about 2-PW MacGregor Jack Nicklaus Muirfield irons for $36 (the 7 iron is a non-matching 20th anniversary)? They’re in very good shape, no browning, but the grips are crumbling. I picked them up but am considering returning them. Although it looks identical, the 7 iron not “matching” bothers me.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,603 ✭✭
    dxdgenert wrote:

What do you guys think about 2-PW MacGregor Jack Nicklaus Muirfield irons for $36 (the 7 iron is a non-matching 20th anniversary)? They’re in very good shape, no browning, but the grips are crumbling. I picked them up but am considering returning them. Although it looks identical, the 7 iron not “matching” bothers me.

Great irons. Do not return them!.....
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,538 ✭✭
    edited Jul 14, 2018 #1606
    justasgood wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

Great irons. Do not return them!.....

They look phenomenal given the age. I’ve gotten much better deals but these were just beautiful and the thrill of pulling out a full 2-PW clouded my judgement. I didn’t realize the 7 was different until I got home!

Can’t anyone enlighten me of the nuances between the original Muirfield and the 20th Anniversary edition? It looks like the 20th are very slightly longer, heel to toe, and the muscle is bit rounder on the originals. Anything else? I imagine I wouldn’t even have noticed the subtitles, if not for the stampings.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • Joe85Joe85 Members Posts: 3,848 ✭✭
    Looks like someone donated a Cameron TeI3 to the Seattle GW

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332719915878?rmvSB=true
    Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
    MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭
    Joe85 wrote:

Looks like someone donated a Cameron TeI3 to the Seattle GW

https://www.ebay.com...5878?rmvSB=true

Wow!

Looks like it's had a rough life but still...wow!

I'm gonna keep an eye on the auction...curious what kind of cabbage it'll bring!
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,476 ✭✭
    MB2 3-pw for $100 CDN. Awesome shape. Could have got them for less if I haggled a bit but figured it was already a steal. Going to shaft the 4-p with some LZ 6.0 and have at it.
  • Picked these up for $1 each at the local thrift store.
  • mshankmshank New game ... playing for position ClubWRX Posts: 115 ClubWRX
    Picked this bag up for $9 at a local Goodwill a few weeks back. Was perfect for building my pops a back up set to keep here.
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,142 ✭✭
    old school beauty but bad pic sorry!!

$_59.JPG
  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭
    Skhacker wrote:

MB2 3-pw for $100 CDN. Awesome shape. Could have got them for less if I haggled a bit but figured it was already a steal. Going to shaft the 4-p with some LZ 6.0 and have at it.

Where the heck did you get those for $100 ??
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,476 ✭✭
    tobybear wrote:
    Skhacker wrote:

A "Good Neighbor Store" in my wife's hometown. Took in a bunch of clothes and toys to donate and found them browsing. Lady at the checkout thought I was crazy to spend $100 on a set of golf clubs lol.
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,727 ✭✭
    Skhacker wrote:

tobybear wrote:
    Skhacker wrote:

A "Good Neighbor Store" in my wife's hometown. Took in a bunch of clothes and toys to donate and found them browsing. Lady at the checkout thought I was crazy to spend $100 on a set of golf clubs lol.

She’d probably keel over if you told her how much a full bag of PXG cost!

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• ctwatkinsctwatkins Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    A trip to Goodwill brought home a very nice condition 3-PW set of Hogan BH-5’s for 99 cents a club (total of $8.40 out the door).
  • RRHRRH Members Posts: 308 ✭✭
    edited Jul 29, 2018 #1617
    Found a mixed set of Mizuno T-Zoid and MP60 irons yesterday at Goodwill. 3-PW with R300 shafts. We’re a little beat and would have been $24 total but I passed. Don’t need anymore and they’re not worth enough to sell. I found like 60 brand new Bridgestone B330RX balls in both white and pink but I didn’t need them. Not too bad though. The goodwill in Lynnwood, WA if anyone is close.
  • jaw2k9jaw2k9 Members Posts: 355 ✭✭
    How does 51, yes, 51 putters - none are great, a couple accushnet bullseye, one zebra, a TPM from Spaulding, one with a wood shaft, one older odyssey, 3 women's metal woods, and a callaway bag for $110 sound?
    jaw2k9 wrote:

How does 51, yes, 51 putters - none are great, a couple accushnet bullseye, one zebra, a TPM from Spaulding, one with a wood shaft, one older odyssey, 3 women's metal woods, and a callaway bag for $110 sound?

Sounds like $115 worth of stuff =)
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • jaw2k9jaw2k9 Members Posts: 355 ✭✭
    Quite possibly.
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,352 ✭✭
    fatkid wrote:

A full set of Ping Eye 2 irons (3-pw) plus a partial set 6-pw). Walking my dog, the clubs were set out in the garbage. Sticking out of the recycling can.

oh man...............................................

1580.gif
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line