Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

Comments

• CapnSwaggaCapnSwagga TaylorMade 4 Life! NevadaMembers Posts: 24 ✭✭
    CapnSwagga wrote:

Found a set of 88 TM tour preferred T-D. 2-PW for 15$ today at my local thrift store unbelieveable condition. Just a matter of being in the right place at the right time or good karma

Pics of my last finds

Odyssey 2 ball was found in another goodwill bag of top flite clubs for 15$

88 TM TP's were 15 dollars as well great condition

TM stand bag was 24.99 used from play it again sports

Medicus was 3.99 giving that to a friend who has a golf swing like Charles Barkley

Building a second bag just for fun the irons are not great more doing it to see how dirt cheap I can set one up

20190210_143203_zps2kmqht86.jpg

FB_IMG_1550970338519_zps4bpulslh.jpg

20190223_170721_zpsljwoaien.jpg

20190223_165633_zpsotpyjpnk.jpg
    M3 10.5° Diamana 70g stiff
    SLDR 17° Diamana 80g stiff
    SLDR 19° Fujikara 72g reg
    SLDR 21° Fujikara 82g stiff
    2011 TP MC 5-PW KBS tour stiff
    2011 TP CB AW 51° S300 
    Hi Toe 58° bent to 56°
    TM Spider mini
    TM purelite stand bag
  • RodoaloRodoalo Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    I bought these for approx. USD 16, shipping included. I think they'll work fine since I am a beginner!

1563793225746ck.JPG

24989872383657on.JPG
  • BigarchBigarch Herrin, ILMembers Posts: 509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodoalo wrote:

I bought these for approx. USD 16, shipping included. I think they'll work fine since I am a beginner!

1563793225746ck.JPG

24989872383657on.JPG

Some nice pick ups there. Any luck on irons yet? How long are you here?
    • Driver - Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5* Matrix White Tie 55
    • Fairway - Adams Fairway Blue 16* Stock Slim Tech Stiff
    • Hybrid - Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Fujikura S +.5"
    • 4-GW- Cleveland TA7 FST 90 Shafts with Sensicores
    • Wedges - 54, 59 Cleveland 588 RTX 588 Apollo MatchFlex +1"
    • Putter - Odyssey O-Works 7S - 35"
    • Grips - Lamkin Crossline Midsize
    I bought a used set with Macgregor DX Pyramid drivers and woods (I believe the club face was small that is why I bought these new clubs)

Regarding irons, I have titleists tour model.

My next buy will be SW and PW. Will buy them personally on Goodwill if I find. These two I posted earlier I bought them on Shop Goodwill Online.
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 811 BST Banned
    Rodoalo wrote:

1563793225746ck.JPG

24989872383657on.JPG

Those Titleist 975s were fantastic clubs. I could hit mine off the deck too, which I can't today with the dinner-plate-size drivers.
    Just one question, do you think the Titleist 975J 8.5º would be difficult to hit for a beginner? By seing it I felt it had a small face (that's why I bought the Taylormade one, which appears to have a bigger club face).

BTW, I am still not getting the difference between degrees.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodoalo wrote:

Just one question, do you think the Titleist 975J 8.5º would be difficult to hit for a beginner? By seing it I felt it had a small face (that's why I bought the Taylormade one, which appears to have a bigger club face).

BTW, I am still not getting the difference between degrees.

First off - welcome to the board!

To try to give you my take on the difference of degrees - the greater the loft (higher number of degrees) the more backspin versus side spin, as a general rule.

However, if you hit the 8.5 ok - don't worry about it.

I would suggest you might look for something with a bit larger head, with maybe 10.5 +/- degrees of loft.

Good luck and let me know if I can try to answer any other questions for you!

augie
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
    Thank you very much!

I thought the higher the degrees the easiest to hit, that's why I wanted the 9.5 Taylormade, higher than the titleist.
  • ffmedicmattffmedicmatt FFMedicMatt Cleveland OHMembers Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was at GG the other day and found this Ping Zing 2 for $20. It’s cut down to about 31” but I refinished it and torched it. Figured I can find a cheap replacement shaft for a backup blade (I play a GoLo 5r) or keep it for my son when he’s older.

WITB FFMedicMatt

Taylor Made M3 8.5 Tour AD-BB 7X Shaft
    Taylor Made M2 15 degree Tour AD-DI 7x Shaft
    Taylor Made R15 Rescue 2 hybird X Shaft
    Taylor Made Tour Preferred 4-PW
    Vokey 52,56,60 SM4 oil can wedges
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R
    Taylor Made TP5x or K-Sig
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So do you guys just throw these away when you are done with them? Or does goodwill want this stuff back?
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was at GG the other day and found this Ping Zing 2 for $20. It’s cut down to about 31” but I refinished it and torched it. Figured I can find a cheap replacement shaft for a backup blade (I play a GoLo 5r) or keep it for my son when he’s older.

An extension costs about $3 and would get it back to a normal length. Anyone who can do basic clubwork would knock it out in a few minutes for a little beer money.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • Joe85Joe85 Members Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just cut off an old shaft and epoxy it in the butt.
    Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
    MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe85 wrote:

The butt of the club - epoxying it in YOUR butt might be a bit more difficult, and make it harder to ..... uh......sit down, among other things
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:

Joe85 wrote:

The butt of the club - epoxying it in YOUR butt might be a bit more difficult, and make it harder to ..... uh......sit down, among other things

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • 86020818602081 Members Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 11, 2019 8:47am #1816
    Not really clubs. but..

Masters wind breaker.. It looks brand new and is same as pictured for $2.50
  • K.ipK.ip Members Posts: 71 ✭✭

Found some old school Sam Snead Wilson blades
    3-8

• Joe SJoe S Members Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

I passed on a set of Hagen Ultradyne II irons yesterday. The ones with the crest inside of a circle in the middle of the back. It was tough to leave them there, but my collection is getting out of control. They were in moderate condition. Somebody let me know if you've been wanting a set of these.

• MychMych Members Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a couple nice hats lately and saw a few decent older clubs, but I've been in a Goodwill drought for the last couple months.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier

Any Hogan fans based in the Minneapolis area? If it were local to me, I'd be in on this.

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/28197/item/3?offset=3

Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@radiman said:
    Any Hogan fans based in the Minneapolis area? If it were local to me, I'd be in on this.

Oh my gosh! There HAS to be some gems in there! Also the likelihood of full matching sets is good!

I’d jump on it!

@KaTooM said:

@radiman said:

Oh my gosh! There HAS to be some gems in there! Also the likelihood of full matching sets is good!

I’d jump on it!

Lol. You should see some of the rest of the lot. Bins full of old Big Berthas, burner bubbles, and 975D's. Like a 90's golf gold.

Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60

@radiman said:

@KaTooM said:

@radiman said:

I’d jump on it!

Lol. You should see some of the rest of the lot. Bins full of old Big Berthas, burner bubbles, and 975D's. Like a 90's golf gold.

Oh heck yes...I'm in!

Curious what the auction will end at...gonna watch it!

• ManBearPig98ManBearPig98 Members Posts: 404 ✭✭

Probably not the best deal at $5.99, but couldn’t let them sit at the thrift store. How old are these?

$1.99 each...finally hit the mother lode! Lol!

The Anser appears the be bent subtlety on a couple different axes...gonna have to find someone with jig/bending machine to straighten it out.

• AugsterAugster Members Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@radiman said:

****. I have never heard of K-bid. What is it?

I tried to get a login to buy the Hogan lot but I was up against the clock and didn’t get setup fast enough. $36 local pickup.

I don’t know what one would do with all those clubs, but I know I used to LOVE the Hogan designs. I just could never afford them.

@Augster said:

@radiman said:

****. I have never heard of K-bid. What is it?

I tried to get a login to buy the Hogan lot but I was up against the clock and didn’t get setup fast enough. $36 local pickup.

I don’t know what one would do with all those clubs, but I know I used to LOVE the Hogan designs. I just could never afford them.

Regional auction site. Usually handle liquidations and estate sales.

Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
  • Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Akron, OHMembers Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

@KaTooM said:

The Anser appears the be bent subtlety on a couple different axes...gonna have to find someone with jig/bending machine to straighten it out.

$6 total - that’s a huge score.

edited Apr 17, 2019 12:14pm #1829

@Hanlpa01 said:

@KaTooM said:

$6 total - that’s a huge score.

Thank you! I felt like I just won the lottery...LOL!

• ManBearPig98ManBearPig98 Members Posts: 404 ✭✭

In the local courses fish bowl.

@ManBearPig98 said:
    In the local courses fish bowl.

Not sure of the value of that particular ball. However, several years ago when I checked eBay the collectors were paying crazy money for those double colored PING balls...I mean CRAZY money!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file