MEMBER: Hawaii State Junior Golf Association

SPECIAL INTERESTS: Reading, drawing, computer

TURNED PROFESSIONAL: Amateur

CLUB AFFILIATION:N/A

WHAT'S IN THE BAG:N/A

SPECIALTY CLUB:N/A

GOLF BALL:N/A

michelle_wie_drive_1-14-05-2.jpg

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOKYO -- Michelle Wie will play in a top-tier men's event in November

on the Japanese golf tour.

The Hawaiian star turns 16 next month when she is expected to turn

pro. Wie, of Korean heritage, has never played in Japan but has a big

following there.

She will compete in the Nov. 24-27 Casio World Open, one of the

richest events on Japan's men's tour, organizers said Tuesday. She

will be the second woman to play in a JGTO tour event and the first

since Sweden's Sophie Gustafson failed to make the cut in the 2003

Casio World Open.

Michelle has competed against men five times, three of those on the

PGA Tour, but has not made a cut. She missed the cut in the 2004 Sony

Open by one shot at age 14, and this summer was inside the cut line

with three holes to play at the John Deere Classic until a double

bogey on the 16th hole.

Wie, who will play in the Samsung World Championship on the LPGA Tour

next month, has finished in the top three at four LPGA events this

year, including two majors. She was runner-up at the LPGA

Championship, three shots behind Annika Sorenstam, and tied for third

at the Women's British Open, where she wound up seven shots behind

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

YEEEE HAAAAAAAAA! I've been waiting for her to finally go and turn pro. I still think she won't truly be able to show her great future potential tilll she's on the tour full time, but this is definitely going to rock the LPGA when a 16 year old starts making some real bank! :fool: Put me on the list for Fan Club Prez! :ok:

Well it's official now. She' s a PRO. :cheesy:

I've watched this chubby little girl win everything there was to win in Hawaii, grow up to a 6' golfing machine and grab the whole worlds attention. Amazing! I felt like a proud Uncle watching the news conferance today!

Go Wie Go! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can continue to be the humble girl from Hawaii that we've grown to be so proud of! The eyes of Hawaii and the world will always be on you. :idhitit:

Michelle Wie Announces She Will Turn Pro

Announces Professional Relationships With

Nike, Sony, and the William Morris Agency

Pledges $500,000 To Hurricane Relief

HONOLULU – Michelle Wie, the teen golf phenom, announced today that she would turn professional at a press conference at the Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Wie, who will turn 16 on October 11, also pledged to donate $500,000 to the U.S. Golf Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund.

It was also announced today that the William Morris Agency will represent Wie in all of her professional endeavors, and that she has agreed to multi-year professional relationships with both Nike and Sony. Details of the agreements were not disclosed.

“I am excited to start my journey as a professional golfer,” said Wie. “I fell in love with the game the first day I picked up a club, and to have the opportunity to play at the highest levels of competition is both an honor and a privilege.”

“It was a natural step for me to sign on with the William Morris Agency,” Wie continued. “Their experience, expertise and guidance has been especially helpful in forging my new long-term partnerships with both Nike and Sony.”

“I am grateful to be in a position to be able to lend a hand to the victims of Hurricane Katrina,” Wie continued. “Turning professional affords me the ability to give back to those in need. Watching other Americans suffer the indignities that this storm has caused really drove home my desire to reach out.”

Michelle Wie was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on October 11, 1989. She began playing golf when she was four. Wie is the youngest golfer ever to qualify for a USGA amateur championship and for an event on the LPGA Tour. She will make her professional debut next week at the LPGA Samsung World Championship.

“The William Morris Agency is honored to work with an extraordinary athlete like Michelle,” said the agency in a statement. “There is no question that her abilities go well beyond the golf course. We look forward to taking each new step with Michelle, and working closely with her to achieve all her goals and objectives.”

"Developing a strategic business relationship with Michelle Wie is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," said Hideki (Dick) Komiyama, President and Chief Operating Officer of Sony Electronics Inc. "There are very few athletes who have the talent and charisma that can further strengthen the Sony brand which is already one of the most recognized and respected brands in the world."

Sony's relationship with Michelle started in 2004 when she first joined our PGA event, the Sony Open in Hawaii as an amateur exception. Her appearances at the tournament not only brought excitement to the golf tournament, but to the game of golf around the world. Sony firmly believes that this significant expansion of its business relationship with Michelle will help the company’s brand maintain the strong position in the industry and grow much more during her time with Sony.

“Michelle Wie is a tremendous source of inspiration to athletes of every age. She is poised beyond her years, and has already demonstrated a talent and character that give her the potential to transcend her sport,” said Bob Wood, President of Nike Golf. “We are proud to welcome her to the Nike family.”

Wie will tee off at the Samsung World Championship next week in Palm Desert, Calif. playing Nike Golf’s new Sasquatch driver and fairway woods, joining Justin Leonard and K.J. Choi as some of the first to put golf’s latest advancements in club technology into play. Her affinity toward Nike Golf’s equipment, including the new Nike One Platinum golf ball, extends to Nike’s innovative performance apparel and footwear, which she will wear exclusively on Tour.

BST AD Help

I sure appreciate how much Hawaiians are excited for her. I guess I'd be more excited if she spent more time taking one thing at a time. Hasn't dominated amateur events. Not talking as much about the LPGA as playing against the men. Sure, awesome talent, but I'm a lot more impressed with Morgan and Paula these days...sorry-

Everyone has their right to an opinion...I don't want to start a debate here especially since this is the "Fan Club". There are enough debates about her being or not being good enough on other forums. Here's and interesting tidbit though. In her limited exemptions on the LPGA she would have grossed over $680,000 in winnings....enough for the top 10. Makes me wonder how she would have done with a full season. :idhitit:

Here's the current list and look how many tournaments they played in.

Rank/Name/ Tournaments Played/ (WON), Earnings

1 Annika Sorenstam 15 (7) $1,982,616

2 Paula Creamer 21 (2) 1,332,254

3 Cristie Kerr 19 (2) 1,297,864

4 Lorena Ochoa 19 (1) 1,165,911

5 Jeong Jang 22 (1) 990,730

6 Natalie Gulbis 22 921,582

7 Meena Lee 22 (1) 761,389

8 Candie Kung 20 698,479

9 Gloria Park 22 694,619

10 Marisa Baena 16 (1) 694,298

Everyone has their right to an opinion...I don't want to start a debate here especially since this is the "Fan Club".  There are enough debates about her being or not being good enough on other forums.  Here's and interesting tidbit though.  In her limited exemptions on the LPGA she would have grossed over $680,000 in winnings....enough for the top 10.  Makes me wonder how she would have done with a full season. :idhitit:

Here's the current list and look how many tournaments they played in.

Rank/Name/ Tournaments Played/ (WON), Earnings

1  Annika Sorenstam        15  (7)      $1,982,616

2  Paula Creamer            21  (2)      1,332,254

3  Cristie Kerr            19  (2)      1,297,864

4  Lorena Ochoa            19  (1)      1,165,911

5  Jeong Jang              22  (1)        990,730

6  Natalie Gulbis          22              921,582

7  Meena Lee                22  (1)        761,389

8  Candie Kung              20              698,479

9  Gloria Park              22              694,619

10  Marisa Baena            16  (1)        694,298

46292[/snapback]

That is impressive. And I heard something this morning on NPR that did impress me, hadn't thought about...how she is, with her heritage, able to be very popular in both the US and Asian markets. That's cool, we could use more links between the two the way the Asian gals are tearing up the tour. Ya, I do have my rude opinion, but sure do admit to looking forward to seeing her at my next LPGA tourney, I'll certainly be in her gallery for at least a few holes...

Ran across an article in today's "Honolulu Advertiser". For me it was pretty much old news, but it might be eye opening for those who only know what they see in the National news and or reads in the golf forums. It's written by a local writer who's probably spoken to Wie a thousand times and has more insite to whats really going on. Here's a quote and also a link to the rest of the article.

HONOLULU ADVERTISER/10-7-05/ Ann Miller

It was not a family decision. It was all Michelle Wie's.

According to the Wies, the 15-year-old had the final say on all the deals that went down Wednesday at the press conference announcing her multimillion-dollar professional career.

"A lot of people think it was my parents' decision (to turn pro) or that I will feel really pressured and not have any fun," she said in a telephone interview hours after her announcement. "I wanted to get across to everyone that this was basically my decision and I'm excited about it."

It was also "solely Michelle's decision" to donate $500,000 to the U.S. Golf Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund. She said she used to donate "a dollar or two from my allowance" to people in need and called the Katrina amount "a random number I threw out."

Her parents don't believe it was that random. They said she became very emotional watching reports of the hurricane on TV. It hit while contract negotiations were ongoing. Michelle told her parents then that she wanted to contribute when she turned pro. They were "shocked" when she told them how much.

"We believe this is her money and she can use it in a good way to help a lot of people," said BJ, who is putting his daughter's earnings — in the $8 million to $10 million range annually — in a trust fund. "We would not support her if she wanted to buy a luxury sports car, but this is a really good way to help people in need.

"She kept her promise that she made to herself. William Morris didn't know, no one knew. She told them the day before. ... Michelle felt a huge donation might bring more attention to the suffering."

WIE MAKES HER OWN DECISIONS

Michelle Wie, right, rides with her parents Bo, left, and BJ before hitting a few balls at Waialae Country Club after giving a news conference announcing that she is turning professional in Honolulu, Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2005. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu)

BST AD Help

Happy 16th Birthday Michelle! :cheesy:

You've got your wish to be a pro...now all you've got to do is put on a heckuva show next week. The worlds eye's will be on you! I'm predicting a top 5 finish! GO WIE GO!!!!!!!! :idhitit:

Your prediction came through as MW  :drinks: came in 4th place :clapping:  :clapping:

50957[/snapback]

The Golf Channel states Wie was DQ for taking a bad drop in the 3rd round two hours after the tournament ended! NO! Can't be. Here is the article:

PALM DESERT, Calif. -- Michelle Wie's pro debut made her look like an amateur Sunday when she was disqualified for taking a bad drop from the bushes in the third round of the Samsung World Championship.

Talk about a rude welcome to the professional world.

First, Annika Sorenstam blew away the field to win by eight shots, even with a double bogey on the last hole.

Then, the 16-year-old Wie no sooner had signed for a 74 to finish fourth -- $53,126 -- that LPGA Tour officials took her out to the seventh hole to discuss a drop she took the day before.

Wie hit a 5-wood into a Gold Lantana bush Saturday and was barely able to find it. She told Grace Park she was taking an unplayable lie, dropped away from the bush for a one-stroke penalty, then chipped to 15 feet and made the par. It was a critical par save, and Wie went on to a 71.

The LPGA Tour was notified about the drop, and officials reviewed tape from NBC Sports before taking Wie and caddie Greg Johnston to the seventh green after the tournament ended Sunday.

Nearly two hours later, LPGA Tour rules official Jim Haley and Robert O. Smith said she was disqualified.

Your prediction came through as MW   :drinks: came in 4th place :clapping:  :yahoo:

50957[/snapback]

The Golf Channel states Wie was DQ for taking a bad drop in the 3rd round two hours after the tournament ended! NO! Can't be. Here is the article:

PALM DESERT, Calif. -- Michelle Wie's pro debut made her look like an amateur Sunday when she was disqualified for taking a bad drop from the bushes in the third round of the Samsung World Championship.

Talk about a rude welcome to the professional world.

First, Annika Sorenstam blew away the field to win by eight shots, even with a double bogey on the last hole.

Then, the 16-year-old Wie no sooner had signed for a 74 to finish fourth -- $53,126 -- that LPGA Tour officials took her out to the seventh hole to discuss a drop she took the day before.

Wie hit a 5-wood into a Gold Lantana bush Saturday and was barely able to find it. She told Grace Park she was taking an unplayable lie, dropped away from the bush for a one-stroke penalty, then chipped to 15 feet and made the par. It was a critical par save, and Wie went on to a 71.

The LPGA Tour was notified about the drop, and officials reviewed tape from NBC Sports before taking Wie and caddie Greg Johnston to the seventh green after the tournament ended Sunday.

Nearly two hours later, LPGA Tour rules official Jim Haley and Robert O. Smith said she was disqualified.

51002[/snapback]

Wow, that truly sucks :pimp: Can't blame that Sports Illustrated guy for pointing out that drop to the Rules Officials. It was an costly error, and hopefully she & her caddie will learn from it :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up from the local news here in Honolulu. Michelle has been invited...no surprise since it's her sponsor...but she's in for the 2006 Sony Open to be held at Waialae Country Club.

I don't think there will be a doubt next year if she'll make the cut. The question will be how far from the top will she be. I predict a -10 for the tournament. :pimp:

• 2 months later...

I was chatting with Beruo and I told him about this stat...which of course he wanted me to prove. :) I told him that head to head, Wie was beating Creamer in final results in tournaments for 2005. BUT for all Creamer fans this doesn't mean much because Creamer did win tournaments last year.

Anyways....to show Beruo and everyone else, here's their stats head to head last year.

2005 SBS Open at Turtle Bay

Wie- T2 at -6

Creamer- T40/ +14

2005 Safeway International

Wie- T12 at -6

Creamer 26th at +3

2005 Kraft Nabisco Championship

Wie- T14 at even par

Creamer- 19th at +2

2005 LPGA Championship.......... June 12, 2005

Wie- 2nd at -8

Creamer- 19th at +2

Gulbis-T5 at -4

Sorenstam- 1st at -11

2005 Womens Open...June 2005

Wie T23 at +12

Creamer 3rd at -5

Gulbis T4

Pressell- T2

Lincicome- T31

2005 Evian Masters July 23, 2005

Wie- T2 at -7

Creamer- Won

Gulbis-T32 at +4

Pressell

Miyazato-T57 at +9

Lincicome- Not Entered

Sorenstam-12th at -3

Weetabix Womens British Open July 31, 2005

Wie- T3 at -10

Creamer- 15th at -6

Gulbis- T8 at -8

Pressell- Not Entered

Lincicome-MC at +18

Sorenstam-T5 at -9

Samsung World Championship Oct. 16, 2005

Wie- Disqaulified......but was in 2nd place until Mr. Sports Illustrated

Creamer- 2nd at -10

Pressell- Not Entered

Gulbis -T4 at -7

Sorenstam 1st at -18

I'll keep adding to this thread for 2006. It should be interesting since Wie's a Pro now and so is Pressell.

Fields Open..........Feb. 25, 2006

Wie- 3rd at -13

Creamer T11 at -8

Pressell T11 at -8...........Great start for both Wie and Pressell. Wie advances to #2 in Rolex Rankings.

Gulbis-T4 at -11

Miyazato-T24 at -6

Lincicome-T24 at -6

Sorenstam- Not Entered

Kraft Nabisco..MAJOR....March 30, 2006

Wie- T3 at -8

Creamer 24th at +5

Pressell T13 at +1

Gulbis-T3rd at -8

Miyazato-T29 at +6

Lincicome-Not Entered

SorenstamT6 at -2

Mcdonalds LPGA Championship...MAJOR.....June 12, 2006

Wie- T5 at -6

Creamer T49 at +4

Pressell T69 at +9

Gulbis T20 at -2

Miyazato T3 at -7

Lincicome-T49 at +4

Sorenstam-T9 at -5

US Womens Open....MAJOR.....July 2, 2006

Wie- T3 at +2

Creamer- T16 at +10

Pressell T28 at +14

Miyazato T28 at +14

Lincicome- 7th at +7

Sorenstam-1st at E

US Womens World Match Play....July 9, 2006

Wie- T5

Creamer-4th

Pressell T9

Miyazato T33

Lincicome-1st

Sorenstam-T5

2006 Evian Masters...July 29, 2006

Wie T2 at -15

Creamer- 7th at -11

Pressell T25 at -1

Miyazato-T31 at +1

Lincicome-T68 at +13

Sorenstam- T8 at -9

2006 Weetabix Women's British Open....August 6, 2006

Wie-T26 at +6

Creamer T22 at +4

Pressell T56 at +12

Miyazato 9th at Even Par

Lincicome T56 at +12

Sorenstam T31 at +7

2006 Samsung World Championship......October 12, 2006

Wie-17th at +5

Creamer 5th at -7

Pressell...not entered

Miyazato...not entered

Lincicome 13th at +1

Sorenstam 2nd at -14

2006 LPGA Earnings....in only 8 tournaments......$718,343....not bad for a part time player! :blink:

Ginn Tribute June 3, 2007

Wie-WD

Creamer T4 at -5

Pressell T22 at +3

Miyazato T66 at +12

Lincicome T53 at +7

Sorenstam T36 at +5

McDonalds LPGA Championship June 10, 2007

Wie-84 at +21

Creamer T6 at -8

Pressell 14th at -6

Miyazato Miss Cut

Lincicome T6 at -8

Sorenstam T15 at -5

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Michelle just made the cut comfortably, shooting 5 under in the SK Telecom Open. Hopefully this will give her more poise and confidence in future men's events (ie PGA), as well as the final nine in women's events.

If Michelle's short game and putting improve under pressure Annika could be a little worried in the next couple of years.

• 6 months later...

THIS IS THE FAN CLUB...IF YOU DO NOT LIKE HER..DON'T READ OR ADD TO THIS THREAD. :crazy:

Good going Michelle. So you didn't make a PGA cut or win a LPGA event. We here in Hawaii know where your heart still is! It's really great to hear that you have plans to continue this at other schools in the future. ;)

From the Honolulu Advertiser, Monday, November 14, 2006

Wie steps up aid for students

By Rob Perez

Advertiser Staff Writer

This computer lab at Kamaile Elementary School in Wai'anae will be refurbished courtesy of a donation by teen golfer Michelle Wie.

Teenage golfing sensation Michelle Wie plans to donate thousands of dollars worth of equipment and supplies to refurbish a computer room at a Wai'anae elementary school, the latest response in a growing effort stretching beyond Hawai'i to help the homeless along the Wai'anae Coast.

School officials yesterday confirmed that Wie intends to purchase about 30 top-of-the-line computers for Kamaile Elementary School, which is believed to have the highest concentration of homeless students along the coast, plus pay for computer programs, new furniture, a television, other equipment and air conditioning for the room.

For three hours after school, the room would be reserved exclusively for Kamaile's homeless students.

School principal Glen Kila estimated the planned donations and refurbishing of the computer room would top $60,000, and possibly $100,000.

Wie's desire to help came in response to a recent series by The Advertiser on the homeless crisis along the coast. One part of the series delved into the harmful effects homelessness has on the scores of children living on the beaches and elsewhere, sometimes showing up at school in dirty clothes, with inadequate supplies or even having gone without a hot meal in a while.

Kamaile was prominently featured in the series, and since then has been showered with several thousand dollars worth of donations — money and supplies — from around the state, the nation and a few foreign countries.

"It's been like a tsunami," Kila said.

Most of the donors have been everyday folks who said they were moved by the series to help. Some donated as little as $10. One donor gave $500.

"We were just floored by the level of support they are willing to give us," Kila said.

Some people have donated cases of canned tuna, touched by an anecdote in the series of a 6-year-old Kamaile student who, as a reward for good behavior, selected a can of tuna over small toys from the school store because of his family's lack of food.

Some donors have simply offered their time. Three hair stylists, for instance, have volunteered to come to Kamaile once a month to cut students' hair.

But the involvement of Wie, an internationally known celebrity from Hawai'i, is taking the response to a new level.

"What's touching is that she's taking the lead," getting the message out that homeless children along the coast need help, Kila said. Some say her involvement might encourage other wealthy donors to come forward.

Wie was not available for comment yesterday. She is scheduled to attend a news conference today with Gov. Linda Lingle, partly to talk about her initiatives to help homeless children.

'EVERYONE'S CHILDREN'

Kila said donations of money and supplies continue to pour in to the school in response to The Advertiser's five-part series, which was published last month. He said the school is getting about 15 donations a day. Offers of help have come from as far away as Japan, Canada and the U.S. East Coast.

Many people are saying they intend to keep donating, not wanting to do something just once, according to Kila. Several families from Kailua have come on a weekly basis since the series was published to donate goods and are asking what specifically is needed.

"Our Kamaile children are now everyone's children," he said. "They've adopted us."

And it's not just Kamaile.

At Wai'anae Community Outreach, a nonprofit group that helps the homeless and also was prominently mentioned in the series, so many donations of supplies have been made that the organization is starting to worry about where it will store the merchandise as more comes in. It also is having difficulty scheduling pickups of furniture and other donations with its single van.

"It's getting to the point where our van can't even go out any more because it's so crazy," said Laura Pitolo, program director for the group, which encourages people to drop off donations at its Wai'anae office or at the state-owned homeless shelter it recently started running at Kalaeloa.

The group particularly needs donations of toiletries, bedding, towels, tarps, blankets and clothing, especially for adults, or monetary donations, officials said.

CHANGING ATTITUDES

The Advertiser series helped put a face on a long-standing problem along the coast and has changed the way people perceive the homeless, according to homeless residents and those who work with them.

One beach resident told her mother-in-law, Cheryl Lewis, that the tone of passenger conversations on city buses that regularly pass the homeless encampments has changed. The homeless resident rides the bus often to commute from Ma'ili Beach Park, where she lives, and Kapolei, where she works.

Instead of largely negative comments about the homeless, the tone among passengers has become more sympathetic and understanding because they realize many homeless hold jobs and simply can't afford escalating rents, Lewis said.

"The impact (of the coverage) has really changed the attitudes toward these children," Kila said.

In the 30-plus years he has been an educator along the coast, Kila said, getting help for the homeless has been a constant struggle until now. "Nobody knew them before. They were unknown people. They were just there."

Even people from afar were touched.

Anna Frances Havens, children's director at Vaiden Baptist Church in Mississippi, said in an e-mail that her organization recently had a lu'au for the church's children, and she shared The Advertiser's story of Wai'anae kids living on the beach. Some of the boys at the lu'au were so moved they passed around their "beach hats" to collect donations to send to Wai'anae Community Outreach, she said.

Wie likewise was moved to help after reading about the homeless children, her father, BJ Wie, told the newspaper in an e-mail recently.

The new computers are intended to replace the old "dinosaur" computers that are in the room now, Kila said.

Kila said the newly refurbished computer room will be reserved from 2 to 5 p.m. for Kamaile's homeless students. To help draw them to the center, the first hour will be devoted to fun things like video games, he said, so the kids can enjoy themselves like other students with homes. The last two hours will be spent on school work.

During the school day, the room will be available for use by the school's 650 students, about 90 percent of whom are eligible for free or discounted lunches because of their families' income levels. It is not known precisely how many of the students are homeless.

Because the computer room is no larger than a standard classroom, its use has to be limited to Kamaile students, Kila said.

The parents of homeless students already have volunteered to help repaint the room, he said.

The school is hoping the refurbished center will be available beginning Dec. 1.

• 1 month later...
Wie Donates $25K to Paralyzed Teen

By Associated Press - December 20, 2006

HONOLULU -- Hawaii pro golfer Michelle Wie has donated $25,000 to a paralyzed Illinois teen athlete.

Wie made the donation after she found out football player Travis Hearn doesn't have insurance.

Wie has also donated relief funds to Gulf Coast hurricane victims when she turned pro last year. She also provides computers and other supplies to needy school children on Oahu's Leeward Coast.

Hearn got hurt in a high school game, making him a quadriplegic.

I don't care what the controversy is about her game, but this girl has a :drinks: as big as the USA. :crazy:

• 2 months later...

What is Michelle's swing speed, or better yet launch monitor numbers? Anyone heard any numbers? ;)

The last info I had..which is probably still near what she's currently doing................

Swing speed: 107 mph

Approx. distance: 280 yds

Ball speed: 160 mph

• 1 year later...

I'm joining the WIE fan club. I had not really paid much attention until this past weekend. A playing partner said he wouldn't buy nike products because of WIE and Vick(not a fan). I asked what Wie had done. His response...

"nothing, Nike gave her millions and she hasn't done anything" "I don't see her giving money she doesn't deserve to needy kids"

Well this upset me so I did some research and not only has she given money to help different kids she also has a very impressive professional golf record. Besides a bad year in 2007 (she had a lingering wrist injury and a bad looking withdraw) she has played great. What golfer or athlete hasn't had a bad year due to an injury?

Now I can see some people may not like her playing in men's events and that fine, but you can't say she hasn't been successful on the LPGA.

I'm joining the WIE fan club. I had not really paid much attention until this past weekend. A playing partner said he wouldn't buy nike products because of WIE and Vick(not a fan). I asked what Wie had done. His response...

"nothing, Nike gave her millions and she hasn't done anything" "I don't see her giving money she doesn't deserve to needy kids"

Well this upset me so I did some research and not only has she given money to help different kids she also has a very impressive professional golf record. Besides a bad year in 2007 (she had a lingering wrist injury and a bad looking withdraw) she has played great. What golfer or athlete hasn't had a bad year due to an injury?

Now I can see some people may not like her playing in men's events and that fine, but you can't say she hasn't been successful on the LPGA.

I'll add an Amen to that. Some people have trouble looking past their noses.

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

Although Michelle's not playing with the "big girls" in the Ginn...she is in Germany........

2008 HypoVereinsbank Ladies German Open presented by Audi- Golfpark Gut Häusern, Nr. Munich, Germany, May 29 - Jun 1.

5.29.2008-- Michelle Wie is off to a good start firing a 4-under par 68 good for T7 thru the first 18. Wie's score card featured 4 birdies and 14 pars. The leader is at 8-under par 64.

Hopefully she can keep up her scoring and finish out the week strong! :friends:

Although Michelle's not playing with the "big girls" in the Ginn...she is in Germany........

2008 HypoVereinsbank Ladies German Open presented by Audi- Golfpark Gut Häusern, Nr. Munich, Germany, May 29 - Jun 1.

5.29.2008-- Michelle Wie is off to a good start firing a 4-under par 68 good for T7 thru the first 18. Wie's score card featured 4 birdies and 14 pars. The leader is at 8-under par 64.

Hopefully she can keep up her scoring and finish out the week strong! :friends:

Have you ever seen a European LPGA event, she's playing against a bunch of 7 handicaps, she better finish strong. She is young and has made some mistakes, probably too much pressure. But, when she withdrew from a tourney last year due to a mysterious illness when she was in jeopardy of loosing her LPGA privileges due to the score she was posting that did it for me.