How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

189101113

Comments

  • kgkkgk Slapshot Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭
    stage1350 wrote:


    Fast forward and I've spent ten years of my life posting here...we'll have to revisit again at the 15 year mark.




    You, sir, need a life.

    Happy anniversary.
  • driveandputtmachinedriveandputtmachine 4 wedges or 2 iron? That is the question! Members Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I started on WRX back oh ten or so years ago. I got a divorce, moved and lost my email address, then stopped playing golf for a few years. When I tried to register under my old name I couldn't remember what it had been and since I no longer had access to the email I was SOL. I joined back a few years or so ago and it is exactly how I remember it, with a few more people around.



    Just a FYI, I along was the owner of Sunset Beach Custom Putters. LaMont and I split the company and I shut it down due to having to many needs on my time outside of the putter business but we are still close friends. So I have been around for awhile.
    Driver - Ping 400 MAX on Tour 65 
    Fairway - Cobra F9 on UST Axivcore Black
    Others - Srixon 785 5 Wood on UST Axivcore Black or TM UDI 2 iron on Nippon 130 or Ping G400 17* 
    Irons - (4-A) Taylormade 790's on KBS Tour
    Wedges - Cleveland Rotex 3.0 55*, Rotex 4.0 60* on KBS tour
    Putter - Mannkrafted MA/66 or Taylormade Spider
    Ball - TM TP5x or Srixon Z Star XV
  • Carolina Golfer 2Carolina Golfer 2 Members Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Some great stories in here. I started on WRX and BSG about the same time I believe almost 10 years ago. It took me less than a couple weeks to figure out I didn't fit in or enjoy BSG.



    I don't come here as often as I used to. But still enjoy seeing some of the old faces (actually names) around.
    PING G410+ 10.5 CK Tensi Orange 65g
    PING G410 FW SFT 3, 7 and  G410 9 
    PING G410 Hybrid 5, 6
    PING G410 7-P KBS Tour 105 
    PING Glide 2.0  50, 54, 58
    PING Tyne 4 35"

  • rharvey3rharvey3 Members Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't imagine what I would do without golfwrx. How would my club ho'ing be successful, how would I spend all winter dreaming about the newest driver, etc.. Thank goodness it's here!
  • drkhorse117drkhorse117 Members Posts: 111
    easyyy wrote:


    I would love to add the story. To save some time I will cut and paste, modify and then add some new. GolfWRX was created by members like you. I will tell the the spark that was put under my **** that motivated me to think about it.But first some ground work. In the second paragraph here you will understand how and why the following is so important...



    We must maintain our friendly and open environment here. Our Marshals and Admins are trusted to help maintain a friendly environment that is clean and respectable within the rules. We must always respect the member and never to make them feel like second rate citizens. As an admin or a member there are words that have been stated from day one...



    "take the high road"

    "treat others as you would want to be treated"

    "lead by example"



    What is our Mission? We are here to protect the purity of opinions and the platform to voice those opinions. We want to protect the interests of golfers by providing an unbiased platform to feel proud to contribute to for years to come. Have you ever contributed time in a club or a community and then one day you weren't proud of your association with it? Many of us have been involved in forums or some online social network. There were and are many golf communities on line and the founders, moderators, and many members on GolfWRX became disenchanted with some of those other places and we created WRX. The tipping point for me "easyyy" was after countless hours and years of supporting one of those sites I found a driver I thought was better than the others and began to write reviews and hyping it. It was the Cleveland Comp 460 Driver. I still remember it today. The threads got squashed and pushed off to a dark place where you couldn't see it. I tried to repost but the same thing happened. That driver was not for sale by the owner of the site and they could not profit from the hype. So my hype was not welcome.



    That lead me to believe that I was in the wrong place and needed to find a place that wasn't motivated by profit but was motivated by the simple objective to create a place that was for the golfers well being and no other reason. Due to the lack of options out there we started GolfWRX. It was built for golfers by golfers. The owners all have day jobs and careers that do not lean on proceeds from GolfWRX. All the money GolfWRX has made to date has gladly been reinvested in to the site to make it better for the members. We do not sell equipment and will not do so in fear of spinning reviews and opinions.



    I can remember countless nights behind the computer. I can remember the conversation I had with a stranger Ryan "Gxgolfer". He was introduced to me by Joe Kwok. I had the idea, the concept, the dream with all the principles that would allow for a great place. But I didnt know how to get it live and functioning. Ryan said that night he would love to help and asked me my timing. I said 2 weeks to get a site live and working???? He laughed out loud. Well I didnt know. A few months later we were up. We started with 80 guys we knew from our years of experience online. We all called our internet golf friends and asked them to come in and hang out.



    Ryan work for us for months with no compensation at all. As a matter of fact I can remember when Ryan started to pay for software and services out of his own wallet with only the hopes that we succeed.



    Spring of 2005. I work tirelessly to promote the site. I still remember going out on tour 4 to 6 times a year to get Pics. I still remember going to the PGA Show by myself and cover it alone. Hard work and lots of it. But it was much larger than this site. It was to protect the golfer. To prtect the online golfing community. To serve them and offer the unbias place that didnt sell or slanted for profit. I was and still am driven to maintain the platform as it was intended to in the beginning.



    Let me say this again. I (and many others) didn't dedicate the last 8 years on this site to make money. This place is not a business as much as it is a sacred place we have built for golfers. We have this special place here that will always stay clean and unbiased. I am fortunate that I don't need the money that we could make here. Money that we have generated here has all gone back to the company to make it better and better. Wait and see what we are going to do next for 2011! I have a career and have always been very lucky and fortunate in my business life. I started WRX not make a buck, but to have a special place were we can be proud to support and be a member.



    WRX is first and foremost a place for us to hang. To feel that we can dedicate hours upon hours of our lives adding opinions, developing relationships, starting threads, adding pics and reviews. We add all these hours of our lives here in confidence WRX will not turn around and roach your experience here. Reverse the direction it promised to travel for years. Start selling gear and only propping up what we are selling??? Death card. We would never do that in fear of becoming biased. So when I hear comments that we have changed directions it is painful to read. We have NOT!



    I added a lot of time in my life to sites before WRX was around to only find out they weren't a place I could be proud of. They became so poorly managed that the site stopped operating properly or in some cases they became so greedy they put profit before their members.



    We started WRX so we would be proud of the community we helped to form. As a member we will want to add this value to WRX because we don't run it as a business but as a place that will stand the test of time. We will always put members first here at WRX. We have and will. I apologize if you had experiences here that made you feel less than what you should have. We aren't perfect. We had times that our Mods were stretched so thin only 2 or 3 of them were effectively managing the place at times.



    If you were one of those guys, after the three thousandth violation you might be short too. We had some complaints and we brought on more Mods to help. These are growing pains. I hope you know I am speaking from the heart here.



    We are today as we were in the beginning. There have been twists in the road but at the end of the day we are here for the same reasons we were in April of 2005. Built by golfers for golfers!



    Lastly... we are only as good as our members. Were are here to support our members. We make all of our decisions with that in mind. I hope you and anyone else can feel as if they can PM or email me if you want to understand that in more detail. I am sooo passionate about this place and for the preservation of our membership, goals and principles I want you to know we will always act in the best interest of or community.









    Our passion here on WRX is simple and pure. We do not ever want to fall prey to the lure of the dollar or the need to sacrifice our principles to grow or stay on the top. The internet is a huge place and there is always room for many other golf communities that want to bend the rules of what is right or wrong to gain publicity. We do not want our name drawn into public controversy, rather we will maintain the integrity of our values. Our passion for the game and support for the truth in opinions and reviews is most important.



    We offer unique custom packages for the small start up golf company. Why do we give preferred pricing to a small ma and pa shop? We feel that there are great products out there that need to be found. That deserve the seat at the table along with the major Golf Equipment companies and we allow them to afford that here on WRX.



    To be the best Golf Forum on the internet we have to continuously work hard to improve and add improvements here. If we slow down then a better mouse trap will eventually come. We believe that there is and will never be another community or website that has better intentions for the golfer than us. For that reason we feel an obligation to maintain the top position among golf social networks in fear of losing golfers to a site with spin and then to be mislead. That goes to the heart of why we are here. To provide the truth with no spin. To arm the golfer with the best advice so they can make the best decisions and ultimately avoid mistakes.



    Connecting golfers and promoting the game of golf globally is our what we are doing. Here is a look at the preamble to our rules rewrite we are working on...


    Golf is unique among all sports for several reasons. First and foremost is the special relationship that exists among golfers. Although competition is frequently fierce, golfers uniformly treat each other with respect and consideration, both on the course and in their lives. Golfers would never tolerate any action or attitude that would belittle a fellow competitor because of gender, race, nationality, age, or sexual orientation.



    Golfers are incredibly generous. Most major competitions are organized to benefit charitable organizations and causes. This special relationship between golfers and those who are less fortunate is indicative of the kind hearts and good fellowship that characterizes the “spirit of the game”.



    Golfers are not only respectful of the history and traditions of the game but are also dedicated to the future of the game. They support advances in equipment, techniques, and mental approaches that make the game more enjoyable and accessible to future generations. Golfers provide for the continued growth of the game by supporting young people as they enter into our community.



    Governing bodies are accepted by the sport as the final authority about the rules of golf. While golfers may not always agree with the actions of these bodies, golfers’ respect for the rule-making process supersedes all other considerations. Golfers accept the ruling of these bodies with a reverence that is unparalleled in other sports. Golf’s rules are surprisingly simple. Competitors are not only expected to know the rules but to enforce them even when it is to their detriment.



    It is around these fundamental principles of our sport and the realities of running an enterprise in the larger legal and ethical environment that the rules of GolfWRX are based.








    Richard smile.gif




    This is badass.

    easyyy wrote:


    I would love to add the story. To save some time I will cut and paste, modify and then add some new. GolfWRX was created by members like you. I will tell the the spark that was put under my **** that motivated me to think about it.But first some ground work. In the second paragraph here you will understand how and why the following is so important...



    We must maintain our friendly and open environment here. Our Marshals and Admins are trusted to help maintain a friendly environment that is clean and respectable within the rules. We must always respect the member and never to make them feel like second rate citizens. As an admin or a member there are words that have been stated from day one...



    "take the high road"

    "treat others as you would want to be treated"

    "lead by example"



    What is our Mission? We are here to protect the purity of opinions and the platform to voice those opinions. We want to protect the interests of golfers by providing an unbiased platform to feel proud to contribute to for years to come. Have you ever contributed time in a club or a community and then one day you weren't proud of your association with it? Many of us have been involved in forums or some online social network. There were and are many golf communities on line and the founders, moderators, and many members on GolfWRX became disenchanted with some of those other places and we created WRX. The tipping point for me "easyyy" was after countless hours and years of supporting one of those sites I found a driver I thought was better than the others and began to write reviews and hyping it. It was the Cleveland Comp 460 Driver. I still remember it today. The threads got squashed and pushed off to a dark place where you couldn't see it. I tried to repost but the same thing happened. That driver was not for sale by the owner of the site and they could not profit from the hype. So my hype was not welcome.



    That lead me to believe that I was in the wrong place and needed to find a place that wasn't motivated by profit but was motivated by the simple objective to create a place that was for the golfers well being and no other reason. Due to the lack of options out there we started GolfWRX. It was built for golfers by golfers. The owners all have day jobs and careers that do not lean on proceeds from GolfWRX. All the money GolfWRX has made to date has gladly been reinvested in to the site to make it better for the members. We do not sell equipment and will not do so in fear of spinning reviews and opinions.



    I can remember countless nights behind the computer. I can remember the conversation I had with a stranger Ryan "Gxgolfer". He was introduced to me by Joe Kwok. I had the idea, the concept, the dream with all the principles that would allow for a great place. But I didnt know how to get it live and functioning. Ryan said that night he would love to help and asked me my timing. I said 2 weeks to get a site live and working???? He laughed out loud. Well I didnt know. A few months later we were up. We started with 80 guys we knew from our years of experience online. We all called our internet golf friends and asked them to come in and hang out.



    Ryan work for us for months with no compensation at all. As a matter of fact I can remember when Ryan started to pay for software and services out of his own wallet with only the hopes that we succeed.



    Spring of 2005. I work tirelessly to promote the site. I still remember going out on tour 4 to 6 times a year to get Pics. I still remember going to the PGA Show by myself and cover it alone. Hard work and lots of it. But it was much larger than this site. It was to protect the golfer. To prtect the online golfing community. To serve them and offer the unbias place that didnt sell or slanted for profit. I was and still am driven to maintain the platform as it was intended to in the beginning.



    Let me say this again. I (and many others) didn't dedicate the last 8 years on this site to make money. This place is not a business as much as it is a sacred place we have built for golfers. We have this special place here that will always stay clean and unbiased. I am fortunate that I don't need the money that we could make here. Money that we have generated here has all gone back to the company to make it better and better. Wait and see what we are going to do next for 2011! I have a career and have always been very lucky and fortunate in my business life. I started WRX not make a buck, but to have a special place were we can be proud to support and be a member.



    WRX is first and foremost a place for us to hang. To feel that we can dedicate hours upon hours of our lives adding opinions, developing relationships, starting threads, adding pics and reviews. We add all these hours of our lives here in confidence WRX will not turn around and roach your experience here. Reverse the direction it promised to travel for years. Start selling gear and only propping up what we are selling??? Death card. We would never do that in fear of becoming biased. So when I hear comments that we have changed directions it is painful to read. We have NOT!



    I added a lot of time in my life to sites before WRX was around to only find out they weren't a place I could be proud of. They became so poorly managed that the site stopped operating properly or in some cases they became so greedy they put profit before their members.



    We started WRX so we would be proud of the community we helped to form. As a member we will want to add this value to WRX because we don't run it as a business but as a place that will stand the test of time. We will always put members first here at WRX. We have and will. I apologize if you had experiences here that made you feel less than what you should have. We aren't perfect. We had times that our Mods were stretched so thin only 2 or 3 of them were effectively managing the place at times.



    If you were one of those guys, after the three thousandth violation you might be short too. We had some complaints and we brought on more Mods to help. These are growing pains. I hope you know I am speaking from the heart here.



    We are today as we were in the beginning. There have been twists in the road but at the end of the day we are here for the same reasons we were in April of 2005. Built by golfers for golfers!



    Lastly... we are only as good as our members. Were are here to support our members. We make all of our decisions with that in mind. I hope you and anyone else can feel as if they can PM or email me if you want to understand that in more detail. I am sooo passionate about this place and for the preservation of our membership, goals and principles I want you to know we will always act in the best interest of or community.









    Our passion here on WRX is simple and pure. We do not ever want to fall prey to the lure of the dollar or the need to sacrifice our principles to grow or stay on the top. The internet is a huge place and there is always room for many other golf communities that want to bend the rules of what is right or wrong to gain publicity. We do not want our name drawn into public controversy, rather we will maintain the integrity of our values. Our passion for the game and support for the truth in opinions and reviews is most important.



    We offer unique custom packages for the small start up golf company. Why do we give preferred pricing to a small ma and pa shop? We feel that there are great products out there that need to be found. That deserve the seat at the table along with the major Golf Equipment companies and we allow them to afford that here on WRX.



    To be the best Golf Forum on the internet we have to continuously work hard to improve and add improvements here. If we slow down then a better mouse trap will eventually come. We believe that there is and will never be another community or website that has better intentions for the golfer than us. For that reason we feel an obligation to maintain the top position among golf social networks in fear of losing golfers to a site with spin and then to be mislead. That goes to the heart of why we are here. To provide the truth with no spin. To arm the golfer with the best advice so they can make the best decisions and ultimately avoid mistakes.



    Connecting golfers and promoting the game of golf globally is our what we are doing. Here is a look at the preamble to our rules rewrite we are working on...


    Golf is unique among all sports for several reasons. First and foremost is the special relationship that exists among golfers. Although competition is frequently fierce, golfers uniformly treat each other with respect and consideration, both on the course and in their lives. Golfers would never tolerate any action or attitude that would belittle a fellow competitor because of gender, race, nationality, age, or sexual orientation.



    Golfers are incredibly generous. Most major competitions are organized to benefit charitable organizations and causes. This special relationship between golfers and those who are less fortunate is indicative of the kind hearts and good fellowship that characterizes the “spirit of the game”.



    Golfers are not only respectful of the history and traditions of the game but are also dedicated to the future of the game. They support advances in equipment, techniques, and mental approaches that make the game more enjoyable and accessible to future generations. Golfers provide for the continued growth of the game by supporting young people as they enter into our community.



    Governing bodies are accepted by the sport as the final authority about the rules of golf. While golfers may not always agree with the actions of these bodies, golfers’ respect for the rule-making process supersedes all other considerations. Golfers accept the ruling of these bodies with a reverence that is unparalleled in other sports. Golf’s rules are surprisingly simple. Competitors are not only expected to know the rules but to enforce them even when it is to their detriment.



    It is around these fundamental principles of our sport and the realities of running an enterprise in the larger legal and ethical environment that the rules of GolfWRX are based.








    Richard smile.gif




    This is badass.
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,303 admin
    thanks! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2016 #368
    I remember about 8-10 years ago, about 3 forums were competing and had some bad blood between each other, or rather some had issues and resentments. During those days, you saw a lot of moderation. Social media and golf forums were relatively new and people got out of hand, and competitive golf forums went after each other. I think it was BSG, Golfdiscussions, and Golfwrx. I helped with GD for a couple of years and always found the guys who headed golfwrx very cooperative.



    I saw the same issue the founders of gofwrx had with other forums - heavy moderation, deletion, banishment, etc. Heck, I was modding posts heavy because of the anti BSG fervor -- that was a mistake and should have let it go and allow people to vent. If your posts did not follow the company line at BSG you were banished until 2020 or somesuch date. I left forums for about 3.5 years and returned in 2012 -



    I found golfwrx a more relaxed place to post without worry of threats or banishment. I think veteran members and experience with social media as to how to post on forums have helped. I go to other forums less now because, unaware of their agenda and sponsors, I will post innocently and get clocked for it. WIth experience, I find what and whom I need to avoid, but it's odd. Some seem very cliquish and as a result, I tend to lurk and leave. That's not what I find here ... even WRXer's make fun of each other for having 300 yd drives and **** shafts, and it seems all in good humor. Have enjoyed it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

    Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • evilelfevilelf Members Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    I can't find where the name "wrx" came from. Isn't this a rally car racing term? Why was it chosen as part of the site name?
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,303 admin
    evilelf wrote:


    I can't find where the name "wrx" came from. Isn't this a rally car racing term? Why was it chosen as part of the site name?




    Ping WRX

    Subaru WRX



    It is slang for WORKS or the technical side of the shop. In the game of golf there is a "shop" aspect and that is what we talk about a lot here.
  • evilelfevilelf Members Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    easyyy wrote:

    evilelf wrote:


    I can't find where the name "wrx" came from. Isn't this a rally car racing term? Why was it chosen as part of the site name?




    Ping WRX

    Subaru WRX



    It is slang for WORKS or the technical side of the shop. In the game of golf there is a "shop" aspect and that is what we talk about a lot here.


    Oh, that makes sense. Sound it out. I guess while teaching a 6 year old how to read at home, I should take my own advice and sound it out...
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Richard and all the other guys from WRX!!!! The definitive site for all things golf!!!
    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • randywallrandywall Oak Harbor, WAMembers Posts: 24 ✭✭
    It's nice to learn the history. I guess I could have found it at any time if I'd looked. I just know that I feel welcome here, even though after my 6th year of golfing, having become a golfer rather than late in life, breaking 100 is still a rare occurrence. I enjoy the equipment reviews - it seems like I get an accurate picture of whether the reviewed item would be right for me, that I don't get in Golf Digest, or a couple of other forums I've found. To learn that at least one of the founders is from my hometown (go Red Wings!) makes it even cooler. That's not traditionally known as a bastion of cutting edge tech.
    Ping G20, 10.5*
    3W: Ping G10
    Hyb: Wishon 2 & 3
    Callaway X Hot 5-AW with Aerotech shafts on 5-PW
    SW: Miura 56* K grind
    LW: Vokey 60* SM5 L grind
    Putter: Northwestern Model 400
  • theinsidertheinsider Marshals Posts: 1,865 mod
    randywall wrote:


    It's nice to learn the history. I guess I could have found it at any time if I'd looked. I just know that I feel welcome here, even though after my 6th year of golfing, having become a golfer rather than late in life, breaking 100 is still a rare occurrence. I enjoy the equipment reviews - it seems like I get an accurate picture of whether the reviewed item would be right for me, that I don't get in Golf Digest, or a couple of other forums I've found. To learn that at least one of the founders is from my hometown (go Red Wings!) makes it even cooler. That's not traditionally known as a bastion of cutting edge tech.




    A friendly environment has always been encouraged Randy. Thanks for making this site part of your life.
  • kgkkgk Slapshot Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭
    Now this brings back memories... found in my garage after many years.



  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,735 ClubWRX
    easyyy wrote:

    evilelf wrote:


    I can't find where the name "wrx" came from. Isn't this a rally car racing term? Why was it chosen as part of the site name?




    Ping WRX

    Subaru WRX



    It is slang for WORKS or the technical side of the shop. In the game of golf there is a "shop" aspect and THAT IS WHAT WE TALK ALOT ABOUT HERE.
    HaHa, that and Tiger image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    Thanks for letting me hang around Richard



    Wishing You & Yours a Blessed Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year⛳️

    Richard
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • icantcomputericantcomputer Members Posts: 1
    I'm new to golf and this site has been the best thing to happen to my game. I've been able to read tips, learn more about the ins and outs of golf, and thanks to the market place I've upgraded my irons without destroying my back account. Thanks for all the work that goes into it!
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,920 ClubWRX
    Thanks GolfWRX for a great place to hang out and talk about the game we all love.
    PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    TaylorMade M1 15* Tour Issue - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Diamana S+ 80X
    Callaway X-Forged 4-P - DGTI 120 S400
    Callaway MD4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Machine M1A
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 3, 2017 #379
    This thread popped up so I thought I'd let the longtime members that I'm still around even after almost 12 years and reading lot of threads as usual. I still remember PM'ing with Easyyy before GolfWRX started. I'm happy for GolfWRX's success because I don't know what I'll do without my golf fix.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

    Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    TM Aeroburner TP fw 15*, hybrids 19* & 22*
    J15CB 5-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG 52HB & Hi-Toe 58.10
    Bobby Grace LFI 43" w/J-Tizzle's Magic Pixels




  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,303 admin
    br61 wrote:


    This thread popped up so I thought I'd let the longtime members that I'm still around even after almost 12 years and reading lot of threads as usual. I still remember PM'ing with Easyyy before GolfWRX started. I'm happy for GolfWRX's success because I don't know what I'll do without my golf fix.




    So glad you chimed in brother. You are one of the OG's and glad to see you!



    Need my golf fix is right!



    R
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE this place after so many years. For people in the know there is but one guy who was more responsible for driving people here more than anyone. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Ping G400 MAX 9 Aldila 125 MSI 70 x
    Ping G 14.5 3 wood Tour 80 Stiff
    Ping G Crossover 18  AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Ping G400 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2 50*
    Ping Glide  2 54*
    Cleveland 588 60
    TM Spider Tour 38
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    mosesgolf wrote:


    I LOVE this place after so many years. For people in the know there is but one guy who was more responsible for driving people here more than anyone. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />




    DP,



    Great seeing you again! I agree with your comment.



    Cheers!
    My bag of hacking utensils;

    Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    TM Aeroburner TP fw 15*, hybrids 19* & 22*
    J15CB 5-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG 52HB & Hi-Toe 58.10
    Bobby Grace LFI 43" w/J-Tizzle's Magic Pixels




  • tigergs14tigergs14 Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool story. I am glad I am a part of it now!
  • This is an amazing community full of amazing members. I've never had a bad experience with BST, have found a lot of answers to questions I didn't know I had, and have learned a lot about equipment from trolling around the boards. Definitely some entertaining comments do characters throughout the community. "Shut up and schedule a fitting" is my first rule of WRX. Great job here, I know I'm very appreciative for the efffort put into this place.
    917 D3 9.5* Diamana D+ 70 S
    818 h2 16* Diamana S+ 70 S
    818 h2 19* Atmos Red 7 S
    818 h2 23* Atmos Red 7 S
    716 TMB 5-PW Project X Pxi 5.5
    SM7 50*/8* KBS Tour S
    SM7 54*/10* KBS Tour S
    SM7 58*/8* KBS Tour S
    Scotty Cameron Futura T6M
    Pro V1
  • nicoplaysgolfnicoplaysgolf Members Posts: 23
    Glad this forum exist. Its a great way for the golf world to come together and share their passion for the sport. As a newbie to the sport, I've learned a lot from reading through this forum!
    SHOP - http://fairwaygolfusa.com | BLOG - http://fairwaygolf.com/
    Store locations: Downtown San Diego & Kearny Mesa
  • nicoplaysgolfnicoplaysgolf Members Posts: 23
    evilelf wrote:


    I can't find where the name "wrx" came from. Isn't this a rally car racing term? Why was it chosen as part of the site name?




    maybe they love Subaru as much as they love golf... image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    SHOP - http://fairwaygolfusa.com | BLOG - http://fairwaygolf.com/
    Store locations: Downtown San Diego & Kearny Mesa
  • tannerdctannerdc Atlanta, GAMembers, Paid BST Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Great story! I had to look up my "Joined" date...2006!....was the internet even up then? Did I use dial up to look at WITB photos?



    I just reached out to Ping WRX for custom work. I couldn't find the contact on their website, so I'm digging around looking for the contact...all the time thinking "wow, thats pretty cool that they copied the GolfWRX name"...Ha!



    Love this place.
  • Browns71213Browns71213 Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    "take the high road"

    "treat others as you would want to be treated"

    "lead by example"



    This is probably why this forum routes all the other golf forums on the web. Granted, I don't always agree with the way this forum is moderated, but I have always seen it done with the utmost respect. Yesterday I witnessed a Twitter battle with the leader/owner of another golf forum with many of his followers. The owner was openly dissing his members on social media who dared question his political musings causing them to unfollow/block him/her.
    Calloway Big Bertha 460 9* Driver
    Cleveland HiBore XLS S 13* 3 Wood
    Kasco Super Hyten K2K 33 16* Hybrid
    Kasco Super Hyten K2K 44 19* Hybrid
    Original King Cobra Irons 4-SW
    Snake Eyes 58* Wedge
    Odyssey Versa #7H 35" Putter
  • TexsportTexsport Members Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 5, 2017 #389
    Been 'round here for a minute myself.



    Originally found the site looking for Jimmy Ballard information and established a long communication with Geoff "Slicefixer" Jones on the subject.



    Still swing as per Slice methods and still in touch with him - Facebook friends in fact.



    Thanks for the memories!



    Texsport
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
    Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
    Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
    Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
    Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
    MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
    Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
    Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
    Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
    The Cure CX2 putter
  • ryanoldroydryanoldroyd Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Good thing I got this explanation. I always thought when a man loves a woman..... cue Michael Bolton.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file