Mizuno World Masters woods

Here are some great looking woods I just picked up recently. Were the Mizuno World Masters woods widely used in Europe during the persimmon era? Which years? Does anybody know if any real top players used them for a good period of time? Thanks.

Comments

• guisicianguisician play fast, play well, have fun Members Posts: 947
    Don't know their back story at all, but these Mizunos are gorgeous!
    MODERN:
    Yonex eZone 380 10*, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4w 17*
    Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood 4-7h
    Royal Collection Tour VS 8-PW
    Fourteen MT28 J.Spec 52*, Yururi Chili 57*, Cleveland CG15 64*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach

CLASSIC (under construction):
    '62 Hogan Power Thrust irons

HICKORY:
    Jack White JWX Model D driver, brassie & spoon
    Mills BSD1 aluminium cleek
    Tom Stewart mashie & niblick
    George Nicoll spade mashie
    Tom Morris mashie niblick
    Gibson Skoogee niblick
    Spalding HB putter
  • dbg78dbg78 Members Posts: 40 ✭✭

Would love to see the pics of these from the original thread. I picked up a couple of World Masters recently and would love to collect a few more!

The 3 wood is perfect for me, but will need to go to the hassle of reshafting the driver if I was to game it regularly.

• freddiecfreddiec Members Posts: 4,268 ✭✭

The World Master driver I posted above from 2013 I got from Jay Delsing. I sold it last year. I do have this one I picked up last year. It’s really nice

Beauty! Thanks for sharing.
    Always been a Mizuno man, but getting a bit addicted to clubs from this vintage. Really want to find a perfect driver to put in a bag for a few games. The one I have is very solid, but I can probably pick a decent one up for the same it will cost to reshaft and refinish!

What shaft is in that driver ? And what shaft do you prefer ?

x100 in mine.
    s300 is better flex for me (and probably the most likely solution) although in a perfect world I would find a graphite shaft with a bit higher launch.
    The 3 wood I picked up at the same time has an Exsar Gold stiff flex and it flies really nice. It’s like hitting a modern club just with the amazing feel of persimmon! I would only use a graphite from the same era.

@freddiec said:
    The World Master driver I posted above from 2013 I got from Jay Delsing. I sold it last year. I do have this one I picked up last year. It’s really nice

Can I see a TP decal on the toe in the 2nd pic? Nice!

edited Apr 20, 2019 10:05pm #9

Good eye, mine has a S300 !