2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MACHINE Putters 1st Release (v1.0) by Dogleg Right

DB MACHINE

Designed by WRX member Dave Billings (DB MACHINE)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for all the support and encouragement on the other threads. It has been an incredible experience sharing my new MACHINE putters, some of the development process, and a big part of my life (good and bad) for the past several months!

If you didn't see it on the other thread, we are now a Sponsor here on GolfWRX, and have also now gone live with a new website for Dogleg Right that features the new MACHINE Putters & Grips.

www.doglegright.com

The site is still a work in progress, and we haven't really broadcast it outside of WRX. So once again, you guys get a first look! Keep checking back for updates and improvements. Of course, we will also make major announcements here on WRX.

As many of you already know, I have posted pictures of the 1st Release on my Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/39609688@N00/m800H0

We will now use this thread for these 1st Release MACHINE Putters & Grips, and I will keep adding to it as the putters are photographed and completed, including orders in progress, when shipped and also when you guys receive them and start using them. I think this should be the real fun part!

As of this morning, we have also started to take orders for our 1st Release MACHINE Putters and Grips, and new Custom orders as well.

To be fair to those who are traveling, working or away from the computer, we have decided to also add a Release 1.5 between the 1st Release and 2nd Release. Dates and details to follow here ASAP.

We have a lot planned here on GolfWRX in the coming days, weeks and months as we move forward, and hope you like what we are creating. Please don’t hesitate to send me a PM if you have any questions whatsoever.

Thanks again for all your interest, patience and support!

Cheers!

-Dave

PS: Bear with me as I add to this thread with the pictures from our 1st Release. It may take a while...

1st Release #003 MACHINE "GARARE" PROTO Putter in 1018 Carbon Steel and hand bent "dogleg" plumber hosel

1st Release #004 MACHINE PROTO.4 Putter in 1018 Carbon Steel and carbon plumber hosel with melted elbow

1st Release #005 MACHINE ART Putter in Copper Billet with hand bent "dogleg" rainbow flame 303 plumber hosel

1st Release #006 MACHINE ART Putter hand polished in 303 Stainless with 303 stubby hosel and melted elbow

1st Release #008 MACHINE GARAGE Putter in 1018 Carbon Steel, hand hammered peen on the shoulders and on the matching carbon steel plumber hosel

1st Release #009 MACHINE GARAGE Putter in 1018 Carbon Steel with hand bent "dogleg" 1018 CS plumber hosel

1st Release #010 MACHINE PROTO ART Putter in rainbow flame 303 Stainless Steel and matching hand bent dogleg hosel in rainbow flame 303 stainless.

1st Release #012 MACHINE GARAGE Putter in 303 Stainless Steel, Hand hammered peen with DEW and matching stubby hosel in 303 stainless.

1st Release #014 MACHINE GARAGE Putter in 303 Stainless Steel, Hand hammered peen, polished prior to DEW and matching stubby hosel in hand peened 303 stainless.

1st Release #019 MACHINE GARAGE Putter in 1018 Carbon Steel, Hand hammered peen in bottom of cavity with hand bent "double dogleg hosel in 1018 carbon steel.

1st Release #021 MACHINE ART Convertible M2A Putter in 303 Stainless Steel satin Rainbow flame finish, with Copper Billet flange and matching copper billet stubby hosel with slightly melted elbow

1st Release #23 MACHINE SHOP ART Convertible M2A Putter in 303 Stainless Steel satin Rainbow flame finish, with Stainless flange and Long Neck alloy hosel.

1st Release #26 MACHINE GARAGE ART Convertible M2A Putter in 303 Stainless Steel satin Rainbow flame finish, with Marine Brass flange and matching "dogleg" hand bent hosel.

1st Release MACHINE GARAGE TOUR putter # 27. Billet Copper adjustable, satin hand finish with melted bumpers and matching copper billet plumber hosel with satin finish. Hand Stamped "GARTAGE" for a GARAGE Putter that has also been out on TOUR.

1st Release MACHINE "T. SHOP" putter # 28. 303 Stainless Steel head, satin hand finish with with 303 stainless plumber hosel.

1st Release MACHINE GARAGE Putter # 29. 1018 Carbon Steel, pre-worn gunmetal blue, with matching plumber hosel.

1st Release MACHINE PROTO Putter # 30. 1 of 5 of the first ever M3A transformer prototypes made. Hand polished 1018 Carbon Steel, paired with a 6061 long neck plumber hosel. Steel weights in outer ports, adjustable DIAL pin weights in inboard bores. Note the smaller lower cavity.

1st Release MACHINE GARAGE Putter # 31. 1 of 10 of the first M3A transformer models in Aluminum Bronze, and 1 0f 5 of teh first ever Mallet Back prototypes made. Satin finish, with slight natural patina. Paired with a Al BR plumber hosel. Adjustable DIAL pin weights in inboard bores.

1st Release MACHINE GARAGE TEST Putter # 32. Stainless steel satin Rainbow Flame finish. 1 0f 5 of the first ever Mallet Back prototypes made. 6061 Alloy plumber hosel. Adjustable DIAL pin weights in inboard bores.

1st Release MACHINE GARAGE TEST Putter # 33. Military Specification (mil-spec) prototype (1 of 3 prototypes made). 6061 Aerospace Aluminum Alloy with hard clear anodize. Fixed Tungsten weights in the inboard ports and adjustable in outboard ports.

1st Release MACHINE GARAGE TEST Putter # 34. Military Specification prototype (1 of 3 prototypes made). 6061 Aerospace Aluminum Alloy with hard clear anodize. Hand stamped "D.P.B. '06" on face / heel and "Mil-SPE%" and "PROTO" on sole.

1st Release MACHINE Putter #35. M3A Transformer in 6061 Aerospace Aluminum with satin black anodize, fixed tungsten weights inboard, and adjustable DIAL weights outboard or optional prototype Uber MOI Mallet back ring in black Gun-Kote, with matching long neck.

1st Release MACHINE Putter #37. M3A Transformer in satin 303 Stainless Steel and adjustable DIAL weights inboard and outboard, with Aluminum Alloy plumber neck hosel.

1st Release MACHINE Putter #38. M3A Transformer in 6061 Aerospace Aluminum with satin DEW e-Nickel, fixed tungsten weights inboard and outboard, with matching stubby neck.

1st Release MACHINE Putter #39. Custom M3A Transformer in 6061 Aerospace Aluminum with satin DEW e-Nickel, fixed tungsten weights inboard and outboard, with black anodize alloy plumber hosel.

1st Release MACHINE Putter #40. Custom M3A Transformer in 6061 Aerospace Aluminum with satin DEW e-Nickel, fixed tungsten weights inboard and adjustable outboard, exploded view, with hard clear olive drab anodize alloy long neck plumber hosel.

1st Release MACHINE Putter #41. Custom M3A Transformer in 6061 Aerospace Aluminum with satin DEW e-Nickel, fixed tungsten weights inboard and adjustable outboard, exploded view, with clear (silver) anodize alloy long neck plumber hosel.

More to follow.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not look the Transformers are in the first release?

Am I just stupid or slow, or missing something? :blink:

Please help me, I have fallen and can't get up.

Joe

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 55 Stiff
Wood: Ping G425 5 & 7 Wood  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff

Hybrid: Ping 425 4i Mitsubishi Tensei Orange

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 54 and 58 Wilson Tour Forged 56 and 60
Putter: LAB Directed Force 2.1 (33-69)//Seemore Custom "The Big Fluffy"
Bag: Vessel Player III

Dave,

Congratulations of the first release going LIVE.

I think the artistic creativityand quality look fantastic. The CNC milled grips look amazing, however, how do they feel during a hot, humid round? Is there any tackiness to the grips?

Thanks,

Chris

:drinks:

Thanks! The grips do not really get so hot in the summer, unless you leave them in the trunk or lying around in the sun (don't recommend either for any clubs). They do get cold in the winter / cold weather, though, and we are working on numerous coatings, wraps, etc. to still take advantage of the feel and not lose the precision. More very exciting announcements on this topic soon. We have also used synthetic pine tar (conforms to the rules of golf) as a tackifying agent. Also available as Gorilla Golf Grip, I believe.

http://www.gorillagold.com/golf.htm

I recommend this for any grips in very humid or wet conditions.

Dave, congrats again and best wishes on a successful launch.

Just to clarify, if a customer wants the MACHINE grip and UST FF shaft option in whichever head, is the upcharge $100, or does the price only apply to the grip? My understanding after reading the info in doglegright.com was that it applied to both grip and shaft, but I could be mistaken. It's possible others may take the meaning similarly.

Thanks!

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion. The Milled grips start at $100 each MSRP in the CNC milled alloy, and the UST FF shafts are a $50 Retail upcharge over a standard TT steel putter shaft. We will work to make this more clear on the new site.

Thanks!

It does not look the Transformers are in the first release?

Am I just stupid or slow, or missing something? :crazy:

Please help me, I have fallen and can't get up.

Joe

Joe,

Where's the Clapper when you need one?! Or was that Med-Alert! LOL!

Yes, there are a range of M3 Transformers in the 1st Release (starting with the PROTO head #30). See the Flickr site linked above, or give me a while to keep migrating the pictures over to this new thread. Sorry, I have to do it in batches and between all the calls and emails and PM's! Wow! This IS fun! :crazy:

-Dave

Beautiful work Dave, I must say that I am extremely impressed! I love the looks of #6, #14 and #27 :blink: I had to close down the slideshow because I kept thinking "I WANT THAT PUTTER".

Is there any reason why you make the face milling more aggresive on some of the putters, does it only change the feel, or will it also have an effect on roll??

Once again, fantastic work and congratulations!

Dave,

I sent you an PM a few weeks back about a All BLACK Transformer?

Anyway, Satin Black head and hosel and tongue with a white line

Mid length hosel with 1/8 hang toe

Head weight @ 375 grams +- 20g

We had talked about counterbalance weights? Can you do this?

I'll send you an email

Icemakr

TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange 60
Titleist TS2 16.5 Motore X 75
Ping g400 20.5 DVS 85
Titleist 818H1 23* Diamana 90

Ping i500 5-7, iBlade 8-Pw 
Ping Glide 53, 58, Callaway 64*
Kevin Burns “Icemakr” custom
Stage IV MELANOMA SURVIVOR
“kids wear your sunscreen !!"

OG wrxer (check my member #)

Beautiful work Dave, I must say that I am extremely impressed! I love the looks of #6, #14 and #27 :man_in_love: I had to close down the slideshow because I kept thinking "I WANT THAT PUTTER".

Is there any reason why you make the face milling more aggresive on some of the putters, does it only change the feel, or will it also have an effect on roll??

Once again, fantastic work and congratulations!

Thanks Riuzzi! The VMG has an effect on feel and roll. But like most everything other factors come into play, the biggest probably being personal preference.

Dave,

I sent you an PM a few weeks back about a All BLACK Transformer?

Anyway, Satin Black head and hosel and tongue with a white line

Mid length hosel with 1/8 hang toe

Head weight @ 375 grams +- 20g

We had talked about counterbalance weights? Can you do this?

I'll send you an email

Icemakr

Thanks Icemakr. I have black Transformer heads (#35 is taken, see below), but the models with tongue attachments are being moved back to 1.5 or possibly 2.0 Release as we work through final R&D issues. FYI, we will be selling the tongues as a user-adjustable attachment that will fit all the new M3 heads in place of the existing weight drawer cartridge... So, you can change length, shape, alignment marks, etc.

Let me know what you want. I'll keep an eye out for your email. Thanks!

>>>

OK, I have posted some more photos above, and will keep doing so until they are all up. I appreciate everyone's patience, PM's and orders very, very much!

The following heads are now SOLD:

#10, #16, #17, #18, #20, #22, #24, #35, #46. Pending orders: #14, #28. The handful of loyal Testers took some of the ones you haven't seen yet, but those photos will be posted before I am done. Lots more to come.

Back to work! :drinks:

Great looking putters. This may be a stupid question but anything left handed or in mallet style?

Thanks! My bad for not posting something about lefty putters on the site. We are cutting chips on some LH M1A'a in 303 and Al-Br and plan to add other models and materials as we go. Standard plumber is complete, and we also do many hand bends, and LH double bend shafts. LH grips too (jk!). :)

At least one LH ART Putter also looks to be locked up.

We will also sell a few LH Revival heads in the 1.5 Release. But you may have to thumb wrestle Beruo, ScottyallanB and TINGRAM over those! At least Chris isn't left handed (LOL!) :)

Mallets are accomplished (interpreted?) with the M3 transformer with Uber LOI Mallet Back ring, and will also be provided with the M5 Revival (small profile half-mallet) (in LH and RH) and eventually a milled version of our old 1004s / R mallet, if you ever saw those HOG models (also in LH, RH).

Another small batch has been posted on the Flickr site, and I have much more to post above ASAP.

Cheers!

-Dave

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for all the PM's and interest in the 1st Release.

More pictures posted last night on the Flickr site, and a few more migrated to the top of this thread this morning. I will post more later this morning after I complete a fitting session.

#47 is also now pending, as are numerous Custom orders (head #'s TBD)! Thanks everyone.

More ASAP.

Best,

-Dave

Hi,

Thanks for all the kind words, emails, calls, PM's, and especially your orders! Wow.

A few more heads posted above. Custom order heads #47, 60 and 61 (1st Left Hand Custom MACHINE ART Putter!) are SOLD.

I am working on several groups of SHOP, TOUR, TEST and a few Production models, and will post here later this evening.

With Drewspin's kind permission, I am posting a picture of his Custom MACHINE ART 1st Round Tester putter below, #17, in progress. Looking pretty darn sweet, in my VERY jaded opinion!

More to follow ASAP.

Thanks again everyone,

-Dave

Hi Everyone,

OK, I have some new photos of a few of the 1st Release that have been missing...either I was holding it back waiting on a tester to decide, or frankly, I had some more work to do on them before they were "ready for primetime."

Also, I am having headaches and a new twitch trying to add photos in the original post above, and keep everything straight, and not lose my mind. :crazy:

So if its OK, I will add these new photos here, and keep doing the same as we keep rolling out the rest of the 1st Release.

Let me know what you think. There is a lot of time, and a little blood, lots of sweat and elbow grease, but no real tears! (unless I miss with the big hammer!) (lots of rock n' roll background soundtrack helped with these, especially the hand hammered peening!). :crazy2:

-Dave

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the kind words! Thanks also for your PM's and orders too!

I have been swamped, but thought I would show you a peek at some of the orders and custom commissions in progress.

The first is MACHINE Putter #20, a M2A Convertible TOUR putter in Marine Brass, with Marine Brass Tongue flange, and 6061 Aluminum Alloy Long Neck, sold to and being finalized for Reebus!

The second photo is MACHINE ART Putter #51 in the works, with the blank canvas of the sole now being created for a private collector. This is my artistic interpretation of "hail in the rough" Note the grinder marks create the rough, and the hammered peening the "hail stones"...

The third picture is of MACHINE ART Putter #62, a copper billet M1A also being created for a private collection. The sole (canvas) here is stamped with my "Alpha-Numeric Soup," a somewhat tongue-in-cheek statement about stamps, TM's, etc.... Hope you guys appreciate the double entendre!

-Dave