Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour irons- new face

Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,121 ✭✭
So has anyone seen the new face on the Rocketbladez tour iron that is supposed to be released in a couple weeks? Supposedly they did something to the face, Im thinking that the toe isnt dulled out anymore.

Comments

• bouche03bouche03 Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Hopefully the guys that went on the TM experience will know something about this. I know they had milled faces on their irons IIRC
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,480 ✭✭
    I just thought it was a new steel made exclusively by carpenter for TM?
  • BILLYMALOOLYBILLYMALOOLY Waiting & Wishing Members Posts: 1,039
    i know they milled the faces on the tours. i wish they did on the non tours.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/font]
  • Caesar PalacheCaesar Palache So I got that going for me, which is nice ClubWRX Posts: 2,775

i know they milled the faces on the tours. i wish they did on the non tours.

They specially milled the faces on ours. Not sure if they a will be that way. I'm pretty sure they said they won't be.

I don't know that I'm allowed saying the difference on the new face or not
    Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
    Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
    Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
    Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
    Taylormade Spider Ghost
    they are on all of the tours..
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/font]
    edited Jan 7, 2013 #7
    what there site says anyhow amd was only reason im realy thinking about gitting them over the non tours is for the milled faces from there site=Milled face-texture and grooves promote consistently high spin.
  • Caesar PalacheCaesar Palache So I got that going for me, which is nice ClubWRX Posts: 2,775

what there site says anyhow amd was only reason im realy thinking about gitting them over the non tours is for the milled faces from there site=Milled face-texture and grooves promote consistently high spin.

just checked and i see you are right, that might be another change that i didnt know about. i remember they said our were specially hand milled and i just assumed non of the others would be milled. but i guess not hand milled at least. good find on the website
    Taylormade Spider Ghost
  • youngwaldoyoungwaldo NJMembers Posts: 3,209 ✭✭
    I dont know about you guys but I love the milled look on my tour irons.

Wk
    M5 Tour 9.0 TENSEI TOUR ORANGE 60TX 45"   
    M5 3W TENSEI BLUE 70X
    TM P760 3-5 & TM P730 6-PW TT DG TI X100
    VOKEY SM6 Black 5208M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    VOKEY SM6 Black 5608M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    VOKEY SM6 Black 6008M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
    TM MINI SPIDER
  • critter19critter19 Members Posts: 44
    When do the Tours come out ? Feb. 1. ?
    critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.
    Can't wait to hit them. Crushed the standards , hope these are even better! Would be nice if the heel and toe matched.
  • smackygolfsmackygolf Banned Posts: 1,501

critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.

2/15. Hopefully.
    smackygolf wrote:

critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.

2/15. Hopefully.

Has it been pushed back already? DDs told me 2/1 yesterday.

smackygolf wrote:

critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.

2/15. Hopefully.

they will be back ordered

think: RBZ 3 wood 2012
    Taylormade Spider Ghost

smackygolf wrote:

critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.

2/15. Hopefully.

they will be back ordered

think: RBZ 3 wood 2012

That's the only downside with TM. Products are always back ordered.
    edited Jan 7, 2013 #17
    I would like to pre order them but I haven't hit them. Just don't want to buy something I haven't even hit yet.
  • pdaeropdaero Lefty Boomers Posts: 6,021 ✭✭
    I'll definitely be trying them. What are the stock shafts going to be?
    Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX; Titleist 915F 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X; Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90 X

Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd; Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400

PING Anser Milled 0 34"
    Kbs Tours I think.
  • smackygolfsmackygolf Banned Posts: 1,501

smackygolf wrote:

critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.

2/15. Hopefully.

2/15 at the earliest. As of last week it had been pushed back to 3/1, but now I'm hearing they may be able to hit the original date of 2/15. Gonna be close.
    smackygolf wrote:

smackygolf wrote:

critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.

2/15. Hopefully.

2/15 at the earliest. As of last week it had been pushed back to 3/1, but now I'm hearing they may be able to hit the original date of 2/15. Gonna be close.

Man, I hope they are not delayed for another month but knowing my luck they will be...
  • TaylorMadeLuvTaylorMadeLuv Members Posts: 602 ✭✭
    critter19 wrote:

Kbs Tours I think.

correct.
    New Bag in the making...
  • TaylorMadeLuvTaylorMadeLuv Members Posts: 602 ✭✭

smackygolf wrote:

smackygolf wrote:

critter19 wrote:

Yup, 2/1/13.

2/15. Hopefully.

Man, I hope they are not delayed for another month but knowing my luck they will be...

As of today still 2/15 ship date for orders that are in. The later orders could get pushed back if stock runs out. So get your orders in now.
    New Bag in the making...
  • deckdeck Off The Deck Members Posts: 3,849 ✭✭

just checked and i see you are right, that might be another change that i didnt know about. i remember they said our were specially hand milled and i just assumed non of the others would be milled. but i guess not hand milled at least. good find on the website

Ours were part of the first 100 made, if my memory serves me correctly. There was discussion about a change in the toe of the club. On the website I do not see the change though
    Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
    Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
    Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
    X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
    Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
    Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
    James Ingles Scratch Handmande
  • Kadin 25Kadin 25 BIG K Members, Featured Writer Posts: 6,652
    edited Jan 8, 2013 #25
    Sean said they are definitely expecting a back order. And I remember Cordero said to me while we were playing that ours were not the finished product, the milling would not be on the release product and I also remember him saying that they would be all chrome. He also showed me his irons and they looked different than ours.

*That would be cool if they decided to mill the faces, if that delayed the launch its worth it in my eyes. As YoungWaldo said I love the look and it really helps in working the ball.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                    Editor Product Reviews
                    Product Tester/Review Panel
                    Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                    See ya on the green...Kadin

They are all chrome, and they all have milled faces, so there web site anyhow.

This is great news!

Nice!! You guys are going to really like the milled faces.

Editor Product Reviews

Kadin 25 wrote:

they add that "im better then you" look to your clubs, when playing with guys who have non milled faces
    Taylormade Spider Ghost

Kadin 25 wrote:

they add that "im better then you" look to your clubs, when playing with guys who have non milled faces
    At least you didn't say "17 yards longer" because, you know...we haven't heard that un-original joke enough in the last year.. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Editor Product Reviews

Kadin 25 wrote:

Kadin 25 wrote:

At least you didn't say "17 yards longer" because, you know...we haven't heard that un-original joke enough in the last year.. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

how about "That's Rocketbladez"
    Taylormade Spider Ghost