Official NFL playoffs thread?

Jim Clark

Some good games this weekend. The obvious HUGE upset was the Ravens over the Broncos. Wild game! Flacco has an incredible arm. I felt bad for Manning, defense let him down, he was totally dejected and couldn't talk to the press.

Other games went pretty much as expected (SF-GB "could" have gone either way based on predictions, but SF looks very strong with that convincing win). Falcons squeaked it out but didn't cover the spread. SF will probably win the NFC. Pats-Texans was another pretty wild game, Pats defense is really underrated. They'll have the Ravens at home which is an advantage, but you cant count out the Ravens.

Probably be a Pats-49ers Super Bowl.

GO PATS!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1358185093' post='6225991']
I can support this in one thread. ;)

Before the season started I got into a pool to pick the SB players.

ATL vs. NE

Does the "Stayin' Alive" dance.

--kC
[/quote]

Hotlanta will need their "A" game for SF, but they could do it (albeit unlikely). NE is looking good right now but I'm sure they're seriously studying Ravens recorded games (especially the one against the Broncos), they're going to have to be very careful not to let Ravens receivers get behind them downfield, Flacco's arm may be the best in the NFL.

Harbowl!!!!!!!

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Good but no Aldon Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnL4bvCaLtY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

I think SF will have their hands full with Gonazales, White and Jones. I think it'll be a game for sure. I can't see Kaepernick going off again, at least not on the ground.

I've been wrong before.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

I see your Kaepernick and raise you a...

ibrG6FGDDwpNFt.gif

haha - hate the pats but i lol'ed with this. can't wait for championship sunday.

go cowboys!!!

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1358209674' post='6228781']
Harbowl!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I am glad that somebody posted that before I had to. :)
I am a Steelers fan, and my sympathies in the NFC have always been with the 49ers.
As for the AFC, this might surprise many fans in the US, but as a European Steelers fan, I have a ton of respesct and therefore also some sympathies for the Ravens. Sure, they are the divison rivals, some may perceive them as the arch-enemy, but when I have a choice between them and the Belichik Empire with Golden Boy Brady at the helm, my sympathies are with the fellow AFC North team 100%.
So, I wish for a Harbaugh Bowl or HARBOWL for sure.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1358341168' post='6238443']
They lost because Pete Caroll. Simple.

--kC
[/quote]
I cant stand the Seahawks or Pete Carroll, but he wasn't the one who gave up 60 some yards in two plays to get ATL into fg range.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='Jim Clark' timestamp='1358202811' post='6227919']

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

Hotlanta will need their "A" game for SF, but they could do it (albeit unlikely). NE is looking good right now but I'm sure they're seriously studying Ravens recorded games (especially the one against the Broncos), they're going to have to be very careful not to let Ravens receivers get behind them downfield, Flacco's arm may be the best in the NFL.
[/quote]

The Falcons need their A game huh? Guess St. Louis and Seattle and NY Giants did too huh? I love all the hate we're getting and the lack if respect. Our team has beaten every team we've played this season. Yes, we lost a few games, but every team we've played, we've beat. Matty Ice leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks again.

My preseason prediction is still alive also, Falcons-Ravens.

I say we beat San Fran 27-21 this weekend and the Ravens win 35-27.

[quote name='JBurns' timestamp='1358316387' post='6237831']
Hate to break an entire game down to one play but I absolutely hate icing the kicker and that's the reason why. Even if Atlanta made that kick they Seahawks still have timeouts to burn and get in field goal range.
[/quote]

Carrol was mad because he brought it to the attention of the officials before the game that when teams ice the kicker we snap it and get a practice kick. What you didn't see on TV is that timeout was called, the whistle blew and the official stepped in between the linemen and bent over to pick the football up when our center snapped it out from under his hand. Bryant rushed the first one is why he missed it.

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1358434323' post='6245729']

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Falcons need their A game huh? [b]Guess St. Louis and Seattle and NY Giants did too huh[/b]? I love all the hate we're getting and the lack if respect. Our team has beaten every team we've played this season. [b]Yes, we lost a few games, but every team we've played, we've beat[/b]. Matty Ice leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks again.

[/quote]

So SF losing a few games, is not the same to the Falcons losing a few games....because the Falcons have beaten everybody they played...yet they lost three games this year? Im thinking if you are even a half decent team, you should be able to pile up some wins with the schedule ATL had this year.

I nominate this post for most confusing of the year.....

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Falcons need their A game huh? Guess St. Louis and Seattle and NY Giants did too huh? I love all the hate we're getting and the lack if respect. Our team has beaten every team we've played this season. Yes, we lost a few games, but every team we've played, we've beat. Matty Ice leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks again.

[/quote]

I think all anyone is trying to say is that, of those 2 teams, the team you wouldn't want to be playing right now is SF. They blew out a GB team that was playing as good as anyone in the league and they made it look easy. Atlanta looked like they were on their way to a route last week until the 4th quarter came. They gave up a 27-7 lead and would have lost if not for a meltdown on consecutive plays by Seattle's defense and a fluky timeout by Carroll.

If Ryan had actually showed up in the 1st 10 minutes of the 4th quarter then he wouldn't need to bring his team back. I mean, sure his stats look okay but he was nowhere to be found for most of the 4th. He can't do that again this week and expect to win.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Wait, you play for the Falcons? "We" "Our" "We lost" "We've played, we've beat". ;)

--kC
(Pet peeve, if you don't play for a team, you shouldn't be saying "We" because fans have no outcome in the way the game is played)

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1358447344' post='6247117']

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Wait, you play for the Falcons? "We" "Our" "We lost" "We've played, we've beat". ;)

--kC
(Pet peeve, if you don't play for a team, you shouldn't be saying "We" because fans have no outcome in the way the game is played)
[/quote]

I purchase season tickets and have for years. I have an investment in my team. Don't like it, tough, you'll get over it.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1358446314' post='6246987']

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think all anyone is trying to say is that, of those 2 teams, the team you wouldn't want to be playing right now is SF. They blew out a GB team that was playing as good as anyone in the league and they made it look easy. Atlanta looked like they were on their way to a route last week until the 4th quarter came. They gave up a 27-7 lead and would have lost if not for a meltdown on consecutive plays by Seattle's defense and a fluky timeout by Carroll.

If Ryan had actually showed up in the 1st 10 minutes of the 4th quarter then he wouldn't need to bring his team back. I mean, sure his stats look okay but he was nowhere to be found for most of the 4th. He can't do that again this week and expect to win.
[/quote]

No one wanted to play Seattle last week either, supposedly (who blew San Fran's doors off not so long ago). The national media nor anyone else wants to respect the Falcons, and that's fine, the excuse next week will be no one wants to play the Ravens right now (or the Pats if my pick is wrong). Guess what? Our team here in Atlanta wants to play. DBlock is ready for the San Fran offense, question is, is their D that has suspect corners ready to match-up with Juuuulio or Rowdy Roddy or the grizzled vet Gonzo or HD or Quizz on Yo Face?

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1358447851' post='6247159']

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]

--kC
[/quote]

I purchase season tickets and have for years. I have an investment in my team. Don't like it, tough, you'll get over it.
[/quote]Even worse. :lol::lol::lol:

You STILL have no say in what the team does, no matter what you think. You just give them your money so THEY can do what THEY want with it. Dn't like it? Tough. They'll get over it.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1358448484' post='6247217']
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1358447851' post='6247159']

ATL vs. NE

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]

--kC
[/quote]

[/quote]Even worse. :lol::lol::lol:

You STILL have no say in what the team does, no matter what you think. You just give them your money so THEY can do what THEY want with it. Dn't like it? Tough. They'll get over it.

--kC
[/quote]

You're right, I don't get a say so. I do, however, support my team in every way I can and have an investment in them. I don't jump bandwagon to bandwagon like most sports "fans". I will continue to refer to my team as "we". And you'll either block me or get over it. Either way, I could really care less what you think about how I refer to my team or the fact that you want to come in and be a dbag about something that doesn't pertain to what the thread is about.

[/quote]

And NO, TB, Car, are quality losses? ATL had the easiest strength of schedule in the league and struggled against bad teams at times AZ/Oak come to mind. Andrew Luck lead the league in 4th qtr comebacks tying or setting a new nfl record in doing so fwiw.

One of the reasons I liked Harbaughs decision to start Kaep when he did was the road experience he gained playing at New Orleans, at STL at NE at SEA. 3 of those 4 are very tough places to play and that is going to pay off this weekend. ATL has struggled against mobile qb's all season long and have no reason to see that stopping now. If last week was any indication I think Vernon will have a monster day. Another guess is this is the game LaMichael James breaks off a big td run. I do not see it as a blowout for SF but Fagio has come up with solid gameplans against the best QB's in the league so far. Ryan will be another notch in the belt that includes Brees x2, Eli, Brady, Rodgers x2, Stafford x2 Rothlisberger

This will be a game about who can get the most stops on defense and that is one area SF has a huge advantage best guess SF 35 ATL 27

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1358458349' post='6248213']

[/quote]

And NO, TB, Car, are quality losses? ATL had the easiest strength of schedule in the league and struggled against bad teams at times AZ/Oak come to mind. Andrew Luck lead the league in 4th qtr comebacks tying or setting a new nfl record in doing so fwiw.

One of the reasons I liked Harbaughs decision to start Kaep when he did was the road experience he gained playing at New Orleans, at STL at NE at SEA. 3 of those 4 are very tough places to play and that is going to pay off this weekend. ATL has struggled against mobile qb's all season long and have no reason to see that stopping now. If last week was any indication I think Vernon will have a monster day. Another guess is this is the game LaMichael James breaks off a big td run. I do not see it as a blowout for SF but Fagio has come up with solid gameplans against the best QB's in the league so far. Ryan will be another notch in the belt that includes Brees x2, Eli, Brady, Rodgers x2, Stafford x2 Rothlisberger

This will be a game about who can get the most stops on defense and that is one area SF has a huge advantage best guess SF 35 ATL 27
[/quote][quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1358458349' post='6248213']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, Andrew Luck didn't lead, Matt Ryan and him both had 7 going into the Seattle game. Including the playoffs, this is 8 this season. FWIW.

Matt Ryan is also leading all QB's in the 4th quarter comebacks category since 2008, with 23. Andrew Luck also didn't set any records doing it, because Eli Manning had 8 last year. So what's the record he set?

As for struggling against mobile QB's? Which ones did we struggle against exactly? We beat every mobile QB we played and lost once to Cam Newton one of two. Matter of fact, Kaep is the only one we have left to play and we'll have played every mobile QB in the league.Ask RG3 what happened last time we played a mobile QB 2 weeks in a row? I'll help you... Sean Weatherspoon warped his facemask on RG3's cranium.

We also were the least penalized team... Not only in the league this year, but in the history of the NFL all time as well. We also have the #5 overall defense in PPG. We're #7 in points per game, with a differential of 8. Matt Ryan also led the league in completion %. Matt Ryan also has the highest QB rating of any QB left (was #5 in the league). He was also 5th in yards per game.

But again, the team just isn't that good is it? Guarantee you there's 28 of them that would trade in an instant to be playing this weekend.

See, the national media wants to jump on the wagon and say this and that and yet we're giving up less than San Fran per game in total points. Bend but don't break defensive philosophy.

The record was 7 so my bad he tied the record.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120