CHAT LIVE with True Temper & Callaway! Fri Jan 18 NOON ET!

Comments

• PuppetmasterPuppetmaster Members Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hayzooos wrote:

jaskanski wrote:

For TT - how about bringing an updated Black Gold shaft back into play?

For Callaway - how about bring said shaft into an OEM club set? You could call it the X-gold.......or Black hot.

I think this got missed. I'd LOVE to have an answer to this as well. I loved me some BG shafts.

+1 but I think that would go against their "two distinct lines" strategy, no? The stepless BG did kinda feel like a smoother DG.
    WITB Link

Cobra King Ltd 8.5*, Speeder TS 6.2
    Callaway Steelhead 4+, Diamana Kai'li
    Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
    Cobra Fly Z+, KBS Tour 
    Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hayzooos wrote:

jaskanski wrote:

For TT - how about bringing an updated Black Gold shaft back into play?

For Callaway - how about bring said shaft into an OEM club set? You could call it the X-gold.......or Black hot.

I think this got missed. I'd LOVE to have an answer to this as well. I loved me some BG shafts.

+1 but I think that would go against their "two distinct lines" strategy, no? The stepless BG did kinda feel like a smoother DG.

Yeah, but they did leave room for openness if I remember right image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />. And I would prefer X-gold over Black Hot, LOL.

Thanks to the TT and Callaway guys for the chat.

I agree with you on the feel of the club, but it kicked like a mule through impact.
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • OUZO PowerOUZO Power #CallaWRX2 Banned Posts: 2,712
    Golfware. Where 4 days with them to ask your questions not enough? Geezz Louiezz. Let us have a chance. lol
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
  • MacgregorFanMacgregorFan Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Mr. Williams

In the past, research has show that most golfers do not make any adjustments in their adjustable drivers. That was one of the marketing points in selling your non-adjustable drivers.

What has changed, that Callaway has included an adjustable driver in their lineup?

Niche filling?

Customer demand?

Customer interest?

reacting to competition?
  • 1970.gpp1970.gpp Unregistered Posts: 1,813 ✭✭
    edited Jan 18, 2013 #276
    Mr. Williams - I have kind of a silly question: For all of the many technological advancements throughout the years, why have you never made an iron that can be adjusted for loft?
  • 3 piece3 piece Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Any thoughts of forging the face of the XHOT driver deeper? Would it become a weight issue or a point of cracking?
  • JJensenJJensen MNWRX - FBefnD Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    stribs wrote:

We've heard planty about Callaway's new direction...I'd like to know more about True Temper's direction!

THey both move in.... wait for it..... ONE D1RECTION
    913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
    BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
    Z U45 18* - DG X100
    J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
    SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
    SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
    WITB Link
  • BILLYMALOOLYBILLYMALOOLY Waiting & Wishing Members Posts: 1,039
    darn missed it agin
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/font]
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if you guys cared to comment on the new marketing direction and how beloved and good looking the new marketing guy is at Callaway. Ive heard great things about him and the work he's doing to eradicate world hunger is so wonderful and his counsel to finally get Lance Armstrong to come clean is to be commended. What a guy.

Anyway, I'll hang up and listen...

BABA BOOEY, BEST OF THE WEEK, STERN RULES!!!!

The interview between Howard and DJ Whookid/Loaded Lux was one of the best I've heard.
  • jon12jon12 Members Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrueTemper wrote:

jon12 wrote:

I have tried the project x pxi and really like it. Why is it not offered as an upgrade option on the x hot pro iron? Thanks, Jonathan

It will be available as a custom upgrade. You'll be good to go!

Please let me know when I am ready to place my order now. Thanks again, Jonathan
  • ReinyDaysReinyDays Members Posts: 150
    what staffers do you think really have a chance of getting the "4 bills" patch and what is the main difference between the x hot and the x hot pro drivers
  • WVPWVP Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭

I was just wondering if you guys cared to comment on the new marketing direction and how beloved and good looking the new marketing guy is at Callaway. Ive heard great things about him and the work he's doing to eradicate world hunger is so wonderful and his counsel to finally get Lance Armstrong to come clean is to be commended. What a guy.

The interview between Howard and DJ Whookid/Loaded Lux was one of the best I've heard.

Kool the Candy Wrapper aka Pouchy G...
    Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Tour Edge CB5 – 16.5°
    Mizuno JPX 825 – 22°
    PING G30 – 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Taylormade Juno
  • OhioGolfDudeOhioGolfDude Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Callaway - it seems you guys are off to a great start in 2013 with not only your new tour stable, but more buzz than I can remember in a long time about the equipment. Can you go into a little more detail in regards to the "5 year war"? Also it seems that Callaway brand really hit it out the park last year internationally - what strategies do you have to continue this trend in the USA?

Thanks!

#Callawayfan4life
    10.5° Rogue Tour AD DI-6
    17° Rogue Tour AD IZ-7
    20° XHP 3H Project X 75 White HYB
    JPX-900 HM 5-A Nippon Modus3 105
    54°, 58° MD4 Matte Black S grind Nippon Modus3 105
    Versa 90 Sabertooth Black
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    WVP wrote:

Kool the Candy Wrapper aka Pouchy G...

Howard Stern: His rap name is John Lieberman....yeah.....

DJ Whookid: Wait, really? Wtf?....LOL
    Follow-up question for Cally -

Is Justin Timberlake still involved with marketing? If not, is he involved with the company at all anymore, other than a club ambassador? Just curious.

thanks!
    10.5° Rogue Tour AD DI-6
    17° Rogue Tour AD IZ-7
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

pezcore wrote:

For Callawin (Err, way) - With the new marketing initiative and the hype of the xbombs. It seems that you might need to generate some crowd sourcing for the xbomb #patches4thepeople. How do you plan on executing this?

Glad you like the idea and the hype around the bombs. We will have an idea to bring to the people that we will be sharing soon. We promise you will not be disappointed.

Will the X bombs be like sake bombs or Jaeger bombs if so that would be REALLY popular with my golf group haha
    You guys know the live chat is over right?
  • ImpImp Fueled Members Posts: 6,022 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OUZO Power wrote:

DOesn't mean they'll stop reading and stop answering (they even said as much). image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD4 52*, 58*, 64*
    Imp wrote:

OUZO Power wrote:

DOesn't mean they'll stop reading and stop answering (they even said as much). image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

LMAO thanks guys!

Well at least us latecomers can still get in on the giveaway (hope! hope!)
    10.5° Rogue Tour AD DI-6
    17° Rogue Tour AD IZ-7
  • JGallsJGalls Members Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Imp wrote:

OUZO Power wrote:

LMAO thanks guys!

Well at least us latecomers can still get in on the giveaway (hope! hope!)

And the truth....
    Callaway EPIC SZ w/ Graphite Design TP 6
    Callaway EPIC SZ 3 w/ Graphite Design TP 7
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4 PX 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5-PW PX 6.0
    Callaway MD2 50*s, 56*c & 60*u w/ Project X 5.5 Pured
    Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck
  • ImpImp Fueled Members Posts: 6,022 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love how no company wants to answer why drivers are getting longer. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

--kC
    Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD4 52*, 58*, 64*
  • TrueTemperTrueTemper Sponsors Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    golfware wrote:

For True Temper: There is a lot of talk about using Boron in shafts and other exotic materials. Can you comment on what TT has found with these types of materials?

We are always on the lookout for new materials and use them were they make sense. We were way ahead of the boron curve, it was featured in the tip of the EI-70. The reason people used boron is because 20 years ago graphite fibers had very poor compression strength and boron helped solve that issue. But today's fibers are much better than they used to be and boron lost its usefulness. We just scraped out several hundreds of dollars of boron a few months ago because it had been sitting for so long it had gone bad.

The PXv39 is a perfect example of using new materials to break barriers. We use a low weight weave combined with super high modulus torsional plies to build a shell on which we can make a 39 grams shaft. When we started that project 7 years ago we had no shot at making a durable sub 40 shaft of any performance. Now we have sub 40 shaft that provides tour caliber performance.
    WI Don's Bag Dr- EvenFlow Blue, FWs- HZRDUS Red Hy- EvenFlow Blue, Irons- Prototypes
  • ipak17ipak17 Members Posts: 59
    For True Temper,

Is there any chance for a revival of the original project x satin shafts that were produced?

For Callaway,

Can you inform me on the specs for xhot and extreme? Specifically the clubhead weight without a shaft installed?

And what would be the selling point on replacing my ta razr fit with either of these products? Other than mishits, it seems the distance issue is somewhat maxed out now.

I don't swing a club too fast, 113 swing speed with a driver.

Thanks.
  • Duff_DuffingtonDuff_Duffington Members Posts: 166
    edited Jan 18, 2013 #295
    For True Temper:

Are you interested in swapping jobs? Or do you have any positions available?

Both:

I understand that market share drives the need for distance gains in new product lines, but do you think it is good for the game? Will we see an 8,000 yd tour event in the next 10 years?
  • astout59astout59 Members Posts: 55
    edited Jan 18, 2013 #296
    Hello from the frozen wasteland that is Montana in January!

For true temper:

With KBS'S recent success, particularly on tour in 2012, they are seeing a massive boost in popularity. What is TT doing to compete with the C Taper? And also will we see the Tour Issue Dynamic gold offered with more than two weight and flex variations?

For callaway:

Love the new logo! But that's not enough to make the switch from taylomade drivers. What can the new tour driver that my R11s V2 can't???

Cheers guys
  • JutJut "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Members Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to give major props to both Callaway and True Temper for showing up and answering SOOOOO many questions! I couldn't get away from work for the live chat, but have enjoyed reading through all 10 pages of questions and responses!

Hope to still get a chance to be in the drawing for the giveaway! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If anyone is still around, thoughts on shafts in the X Hot Pro hybrids? I've always been more of a 'steel shaft in my hybrid' guy (reduces my bad habit of hooking).

Appreciate it! Thanks!
    Ping G400 LST 9.5*
    Ping G410 16.5* 20.5*
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
    Callaway MD4 50 54 60
    Odyssey Marxman S
  • Callaway_HarryACallaway_HarryA Sponsors Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Callaway - it seems you guys are off to a great start in 2013 with not only your new tour stable, but more buzz than I can remember in a long time about the equipment. Can you go into a little more detail in regards to the "5 year war"? Also it seems that Callaway brand really hit it out the park last year internationally - what strategies do you have to continue this trend in the USA?

Thanks!

#Callawayfan4life

I'm coming in late to answer this one.

The #fiveyearwar was a sales meeting conversation we had in August where we said that as a company, we had to unite as a team and "go to war" against our old ways. To fight like **** to change the ways we used to behave. To begin an ascent to being the best golf company in the world. We have a five year plan to do that, and so we were rallying the company and our employees around the vision. We want to 1) be the leader in product innovation and performance 2) Re-engage with enthusiasts, passionate Callaway fans, and better players 3) have a new, modern voice for the brand 4) create a new marketing model that is 100% consumer centric and dedicated to consumer engagement. Those are the 4 pillars of the plan. Those are the marching orders.
  • Callaway_HarryACallaway_HarryA Sponsors Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Justin Timberlake still involved with marketing? If not, is he involved with the company at all anymore, other than a club ambassador? Just curious.

thanks!

He's not at all involved in the marketing. He's just an ambassador and we have a collaboration on some things in the golf business. But not in the marketing. Only direct contact I have with him is when he wants my help meeting women.
  • bama11bama11 JD$ Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's not at all involved in the marketing. He's just an ambassador and we have a collaboration on some things in the golf business. But not in the marketing. Only direct contact I have with him is when he wants my help meeting women.

OMG! I just about fell out of my chair!! image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

thanks!

Harry. Nothing against JT. But if you want to be taken seriously I am of the opinion JT needs to be dropped. He's good at what he does. And probably a great golfer. But not a pro. So one can't take him seriously or the company when he puts on his Cally hat and becomes the ambasidor or spokesperson for even an event.
This discussion has been closed.