TaylorMade Booth / Caesar Palache / GolfWRX / Live all week

So my two bosses and I are driving down to Orlando for the PGA Show, we left Monday morning, played Sea Island's Seaside Course Tuesday morning, and arrived in Orlando around dinner time Tuesday night. As if my week isn't already going great, I get a text from HipCheck asking if I was in Orlando for the show. Immediately I text him back and let him know I just got in town. He says "did you tell easyyy you would be willing to cover something for us at the show? He thinks you did, maybe we are confused." Woah woah woah you are not confused, yes I want to help cover something! He tells me "we will catching up Wednesday because we may have something for you to cover."

Alright I'm pumped, I'm excited, I get to spend a week in Orlando (all expenses paid by my employer) and on top of that GolfWRX wants me to cover something for them. I'm thinking maybe an article on Pure Grips, maybe a new biodegradable tee by a environmental company, no maybe the Over Spin Putter!!! I didn't care! When HipCheck says he's got something he wants you to cover, you say HECK YEAH I'll do it.

Well I just get finished hitting a driver from a company that shall remain nameless, (yes I hit other OEM's clubs) and I get a call from Hip, I tell him where I'm at and he's actually 2 booths over, so we meet up and start talking. He tells me he just spoke with Dave Cordero (Taylormade's PR Manager) and Hip says "CP, your the best at what you do, the way you cover Taylormade is just outstanding." Ok he didn't say that, he did however say "We want you to hang out with Taylormade all day and do what you did in Naples, give a live update thread of everything going on. Be there at 8:30 for the start of the day, they've get a lot going on" I paraphrase obviously but you get the point, I expected biodegradable tees, I got a day behind the scenes with Taylormade, updating for you guys.....again!

After we were done talking I made my way over to the Taylormade tee again and meet with Cordero who says "sounds like were going to be spending the day together." HECK YEAH we are! We talk for awhile and I meet easyyy, Pro Bowler, and Two Balls all hanging with Dave and HipCheck, while simultaneously getting sunburn all over my face. Totally worth it. I brag to them about my R1 that I just put an Oban Devotion in and how I was carrying bunker after bunker off the tee at Sea Island, no...big...deal.

Well here it is guys, I will be live, with Taylormade, all day long tomorrow (Thursday). There will be at least one very attractive young lady with me who plays Taylormade equipment.

As for questions...ask away, get it going right now. I'll ask the Taylormade guys who are with me to answer what they can. Want to know about the V2 and why its offered on tour and not to you guys...I'll ask it! Most of you think of me as a Kool Aide drinking Taylormade love boat, well that's kind of true. But I played Taylormade long before my Naples trip, this thread won't be a "Taylormade is making the best equipment" thread, this is a live update on whats going on at the show, and ask me questions so I can get the answers for you guys. Some of you are put off by my Taylormade love, thats ok, I get it. But come on in, ask a question. I won't fluff it up, I'll do what I can to get an answer.

This is not a promotional thread to tell how Taylormade rid the kingdom of the evil witch and how they should be loved by all, this is a thread to tell you guys what Taylormade is doing throughout the day, trying to help you guys feel like you are here.

If you are here at the show stop by and find me, I'm the guy with the sunburned face, staring constantly at his ipad/iphone/macbook updating for YOU GUYS!

R1 on a driving range on the side of the road

Sea Island

Setting up for the show

Poker Chip

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stuff man! What a great opportunity CP. Looking forward to tomorrow. Plus if this is not enough, we have the guys at Torrey with the Adizero folks, and now the PGA show with CP. Its gonna be hard to get any work done round these parts. After my lunch meeting with Dell tomorrow, I will be staying "tuned in" as much as possible. Keep up the good wrx work!

Just don't let this interfere with the pics of the things we discussed earlier. U remember the pics to keep me entertained in my meetings.

1.Start in daddy long legs and if they will be released to the public and when.

2. Next why they went with the graphics on the crown and is this going to continue.

3. "This little thing" will it be continued in next releases? And what do they have planned that they can let us know with it?

That's all for now. I will have more I'm sure later!

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

I would like to learn more about the sleeves...all of them including Stage 2. Metal versions, any of them with a better choice of flatter lies, do Stage two fit into R1's? Will they sell them, will they sell the caps or ferrule tops?

I also would like you to ask when we can expect to see some cool Leather TM Headcovers for woods and Hy's like I saw on a Adams driver from the Sony Open?

Thanks CP

Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that I'm going to have to keep TWO windows open for running Taylormade threads? Man, it's a good thing I have dual moniters at work (I plan on having a WRX page open on both. You didn't think I was going to WORK on one of them did you?). Your play-by-play coverage of your TMag trip was awesome. I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

1. What is the evolution of the Speed Pocket?
2. What do they see as the benefit of the adjustable sole plate for face angle vs what other OEMs have done by integrating it into the hosel (Nike and Titleist having the most "adjustability" built in)?

Thanks!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I think the question that you should ask Dave Cordero is where does he get that wonderful haircut done.

X2Hot 22' ATX Green S

If you would have TM comment on why 95% of their staff players are playing Version 2 of the R1? (these stats were posted by will peoples)

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 16Hi
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Srixon ZX-7 Mii 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
Putter of the day

Hip and Easyyy... Why do I hear in the background...

"GolfWRX, new level achieved!"

THIS is the way to cover live events in this modern age and it's nice to see companies embracing modern communication and especially, getting it on THIS FORUM.

Hard work. Dedication. Devotion.

I think after this week is over, there'll only be two words prominently emanating across the net...

"GolfWRX... [B][I]Flawless Victory![/I][/B]"

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1358989274' post='6285693']

THIS is the way to cover live events in this modern age and it's nice to see companies embracing modern communication and especially, getting it on THIS FORUM.

I think after this week is over, there'll only be two words prominently emanating across the net...

"GolfWRX... [b][i]Flawless Victory![/i][/b]"

--kC
[/quote]

It has been pretty nice jumping between Torrey Pines and The PGA demo show. Just wish it was a smidge faster.

BTW it does feel like GolfWRX has become the No.1 Golf Forum on the planet.

[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1358991245' post='6285889']
[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1358989274' post='6285693']

"GolfWRX... [b][i]Flawless Victory![/i][/b]"

--kC
[/quote]

It has been a pretty nice jumping between Torrey Pines and The PGA demo show. Just wish it was a smidge faster.

BTW it does feel like GolfWRX has become the No.1 Golf Forum on the planet.
[/quote]

Agree. By far!

X2Hot 22' ATX Green S

GolfWRX is the number one golf forum on the planet. It's why I keep my club WRX membership even though I only golf five months out of the year.

I love Taylormade but I'm not thrilled with the graphics on this years drivers. I play the RBZ and R11 hybrids so obviously I don't mind white. I guess they had to do something different this year. But I digress. I want to know if Mark King wants to play me for money this year in Green Bay. If you see him, tell Mark that Bucky is gunning for him!

Hope you have a blast.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

Ok I'm new to taylormade equipment. I have been a tech rep for another company for several years and was asked to make the switch. I'm pretty excited. My biggest fear is the wedges. Atv is very different. Is there any plan for a more traditional wedge? Also I'm coming from lighter weight shafts in the driver any chance they can say what weight they think is best. Also when will the web page be fully updated with the new bags. Also fully updated with all custom shafts that are available this year.

[quote name='ryldawg' timestamp='1358992739' post='6286027']
Ok I'm new to taylormade equipment. I have been a tech rep for another company for several years and was asked to make the switch. I'm pretty excited. My biggest fear is the wedges. Atv is very different. Is there any plan for a more traditional wedge? Also I'm coming from lighter weight shafts in the driver any chance they can say what weight they think is best. Also when will the web page be fully updated with the new bags. Also fully updated with all custom shafts that are available this year.
[/quote]

One you try the ATV wedge it is actually pretty good!

[quote name='rharvey3' timestamp='1358993253' post='6286083']
Ask them if the DLL is adjustable in length. Ask about a milled putter and why the continue to add shaft graphics.
[/quote]

I asked about milled putters in Naples. They just don't believe there is a market for it. If someone wants a milled putter they most likely want a Scotty. They just don't think enough of a market could be made with milled TM putters. They can make any putter someone could want, they just want to stick to the insert to have the market for the smooth rolling and high MOI putters.

I believe that's essentially how it went

Taylormade Spider Ghost

Natalie Gulbis is my guess. Ask her why it didn't work out with DJ?

What is the net difference in moving weight in an iron vs. moving weight in a wood? Is it the same science?
Is the slot technology around to stay? Will Adams remain as is with its tour presence or wil it be faised out? Do the 2 companies share club technology?

Very cool, sea island is place I want to play.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='cwbrion' timestamp='1358994131' post='6286161']

What is the net difference in moving weight in an iron vs. moving weight in a wood? Is it the same science?
Is the slot technology around to stay? Will Adams remain as is with its tour presence or wil it be faised out? Do the 2 companies share club technology?
[/quote]

I can answer the Adams question for you. We asked it down in Naples. They want them to be 1 and 2 in the market.

X2Hot 22' ATX Green S

[/quote]

Adams will not in any way be phased out. They told us their plans in Naples but I can't discuss it.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1358994434' post='6286193']

[/quote]

I can answer the Adams question for you. We asked it down in Naples. They want them to be 1 and 2 in the market.
[/quote]

Well beyond that we cannot discuss how they are going to go about it haha

Taylormade Spider Ghost

Yeah. I left that part out. Lol. Just the one and two is all I'm saying.

And you nailed the putter question.

X2Hot 22' ATX Green S