SkyPro - really impressive

Comments

• JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny Members Posts: 2,501 ✭✭

OspreyCI wrote:

Does SkyPro work without a ball?

Read post #29.

Just for further clarification, I posted the question on their FB and this is the response I just received

Me - Will this work without hitting a ball? If so, will it be just as accurate

SkyPro - Yes and yes. As long as you brush the ground lightly, SkyPro will capture the swing and transmit it accurately to the app.

Thanks for this ...I really didnt want to go back and re-read the whole thread
  • golfpros1golfpros1 Members Posts: 7,579
    Epriley wrote:

Anyone have updates?

iPhone has an update for the app. Must be final prep for release
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]What's In The Bag:[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Golf Jobs[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Driver: Taylormade M1 8.5 w/ Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3H: Titleist 915H w/ Diamana D+ 90 S[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Irons: 4-GW Taylormade Tour Preferred TP w/ Project X 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Wedges: Callaway Forged w/ Project X 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ball: [/font][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Titleist ProV1 / Taylormade TP5x[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bag: Titleist[/font]
  • Has anyone tried Noitom mySwing? I tried it at the PGA merchandise show, and it's got really fast response time. Much faster than all the other products I've tried (3Bays, Swingbyte, Golf Sense), which take ~6 seconds to download and show data on my iPhone. It's got a 3D swing plane feature that's pretty useful, and seems more accurate than the others. I didn't get a chance to try GolfPro as they didn't have demo units when I was there. What's the response time like? I've seen a review among swing smart/swingbyte/golf sense, in which swing smart was the winner. I'd love to see a review for all products.

firstbatch wrote:

Looks good. So the category tied into the I Phone/ Ipad ( and Droid for some) now has

SkyPro

Swingtip

Swingbyte

3bays

Swingsmart

Zerolinegolf

Looks like a Golf WRX shootout in the Spring would be a great!
  • shawncsmith01shawncsmith01 Members Posts: 6
    I just got an email that mine has shipped! The tracking # isn't in UPS yet, so I don't know the day it will arrive...

Excited to test it out!
  • alabamakillaalabamakilla Lefty Boomers Posts: 47

I just got an email that mine has shipped! The tracking # isn't in UPS yet, so I don't know the day it will arrive...

Excited to test it out!

When did you order? If you don't mind. I haven't got an email yet. I ordered the first week of March and with the first come first serve I'm trying to get an idea how far down the line I am. Pretty excited about this technology.

When did you order? If you don't mind. I haven't got an email yet. I ordered the first week of March and with the first come first serve I'm trying to get an idea how far down the line I am. Pretty excited about this technology.

February 26th.
  • golfpros1golfpros1 Members Posts: 7,579
    edited Apr 29, 2013 #98
    With all this free press generated from this post, you'd think I got the hookup... no such luck. I'm still waiting like everyone else on this product. If it's as good as it was at the show, I think it's a great tool for any golfer to practice with. Really cool
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]What's In The Bag:[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Golf Jobs[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Driver: Taylormade M1 8.5 w/ Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3H: Titleist 915H w/ Diamana D+ 90 S[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Irons: 4-GW Taylormade Tour Preferred TP w/ Project X 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Wedges: Callaway Forged w/ Project X 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ball: [/font][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Titleist ProV1 / Taylormade TP5x[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bag: Titleist[/font]
    golfpros1 wrote:

With all this free press generated from this post, you'd think I got the hookup... no such luck. I'm still waiting like everyone else on this product. If it's as good as it was at the show, I think it's a great tool for any golfer to practice with. Really cool

It really seems like the groove feature is going to be ground breaking. It's easy to break down film (or try with crappy iphone footage) and do lessons but to be able to get instant feedback on what's good and bad swing after swing is amazing. Being a hacker, to be able to work on my swing in the yard and know what I'm working on is correct and I am not just guessing will help my game leaps and bounds.
    Woohoo!

Scheduled Delivery:

Friday, 05/03/2013, By End of Day
  • JrMistMakerJrMistMaker Members Posts: 104

Woohoo!

Scheduled Delivery:

Jealous... I'd imagine someones weekend plans just changed, enjoy!
  • EprileyEpriley Members Posts: 526 ✭✭

Woohoo!

Scheduled Delivery:

Jealous... I'd imagine someones weekend plans just changed, enjoy!

I am jealous too, please do not hesitate to write a review right away ha ha
  • swingnmissswingnmiss Members Posts: 101

Woohoo!

Scheduled Delivery:

Sweet, you might be the first around here to get one in your hands. I'm still waiting for mine so I'll be waiting for a complete review by Saturday morning image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    Just got my email. Wednesday delivery! Guess being close to Mississippi has one benefit.

Just got my email. Wednesday delivery! Guess being close to Mississippi has one benefit.

Nice! You will be the first review! I will be working from home on Friday awaiting delivery. I think we have to sign for it...
  • GolfMonster2GolfMonster2 Members Posts: 53

Nice! You will be the first review! I will be working from home on Friday awaiting delivery. I think we have to sign for it...

I note the SkyPro online store is now only taking preorders. Looks like they sold out really fast.
  • PowerPlayerPowerPlayer Members Posts: 604 ✭✭
    No worries. The BST will have it "in stock" by mid-May image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • MizgoodieMizgoodie golf happy! golf good! Members Posts: 1,900
    Mine should be here on 5/1. Can't wait for this.
  • nandlernandler Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    My wife picked this up for me yesterday at Golfsmith. I haven't been able to take it to the range yet but I made a few swings in the living room and as long as I brushed the carpet it would register on the ipad. You can really clamp it down on the club too so I don't think it will move around even when hitting balls. Can't wait to get to the range!
    edited May 1, 2013 #110
    nandler wrote:

My wife picked this up for me yesterday at Golfsmith. I haven't been able to take it to the range yet but I made a few swings in the living room and as long as I brushed the carpet it would register on the ipad. You can really clamp it down on the club too so I don't think it will move around even when hitting balls. Can't wait to get to the range!

u gotta be f-in kidding me you can get these at golfsmith? I just checked and they have them at my local one... I think ill try to cancel my pre-order and pick one up today. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT - Stoked!!! Just ran over to GS and picked one up (Perks of working two blocks away). They said a ton of people have been calling about them and they only got a few so if you can I would recommend trying to get one through GS ASAP. For reference I pre-ordered mine ~ two weeks ago and was told i get it late may.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • WedgefromhereWedgefromhere Members Posts: 378 ✭✭
    I just called the Golfsmith near me and the guy said "What's that, a gps?"

I just called the Golfsmith near me and the guy said "What's that, a gps?"

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30096363/skygolf-skycaddie-skypro-golf-swing-analyzer

i checked using the 'Pick it up at the store' thing first then had to explain to the lady what it was.
  • EprileyEpriley Members Posts: 526 ✭✭
    Lady just told me on phone all preorders will be shipped by this week. So we shall see.

nandler wrote:

u gotta be f-in kidding me you can get these at golfsmith? I just checked and they have them at my local one... I think ill try to cancel my pre-order and pick one up today. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT - Stoked!!! Just ran over to GS and picked one up (Perks of working two blocks away). They said a ton of people have been calling about them and they only got a few so if you can I would recommend trying to get one through GS ASAP. For reference I pre-ordered mine ~ two weeks ago and was told i get it late may.

Awesome! Glad that worked out for you.
  • jraschjrasch Members Posts: 10
    Thanks for the tip on GolfSmith. Just ordered online and they should ship today and I wil have tomorrow. we will see.

I am interested to see how well this works with the driver and FWS.
  • AnthonyTXAnthonyTX Members Posts: 72
    If you guys pick it up from GS make sure to use the code PLYR23 for 15% off!
  • jraschjrasch Members Posts: 10
    AnthonyTX wrote:

Just missed this.

Oh well I will have it tomorrow!!!
  • MizgoodieMizgoodie golf happy! golf good! Members Posts: 1,900
    Just got mine, to bad Iam working tonight. Got it charging now might get a couple pitches in the back yard before work

Review coming soon
  • TheBigGunTheBigGun Members Posts: 591
    Mizgoodie wrote:

Just got mine, to bad Iam working tonight. Got it charging now might get a couple pitches in the back yard before work

Review coming soon

C'mon....we need a review. What's the box like?!
    Ok quick review here. First thing you do is calibrate the club my holding the phone on the face and moving it around. It automatically figures out what club you have in your hand which is cool. The bad part is if your phone turns off then you have to recalibrate the club again which is annoying. When you make a swing it uploads almost immediately. By the time you pick up your phone it has all the information already. It gives you alerts on your swing if anything is out of some standard deviation of normal. The checkpoints are shaft lean @ address, shaft angle @ address, takeway angle @ half back, face angle @ half back, backswing length, return angle @half down, face angle @half down, shaft lean @ impact and shaft angle @ impact. You can also look at your swing plane throughout the swing from any angle. It also shows the clubhead speed, hand speed, swing tempo, and time to impact. All that is in the swing menu. I haven't tried the plane or groove menus yet.

So I give it a big thumbs up so far!
  • dhadha Members Posts: 47
    AnthonyTX wrote:

I was going to hold off on buying the Skypro until after all the reviews, but after reading this thread and your post about the discount at GS, I went ahead and bought it. Not sure if I should thank you or hate you...