SkyPro - really impressive

1235759
59

Comments

  • swingnmissswingnmiss  101WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 101
    Joined:  #122
    Wow, kudos for the heads up on availability at Golfsmith!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mlmathewsmlmathews  4WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 4
    Joined:  edited May 1, 2013 #123
    Epriley wrote:


    Lady just told me on phone all preorders will be shipped by this week. So we shall see.




    I think this is probably true. I just got my shipping notice. I pre-ordered on 4/4 when they were saying "late May" was the expected delivery.
    Posted:
  • swingnmissswingnmiss  101WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 101
    Joined:  #124
    AnthonyTX wrote:


    If you guys pick it up from GS make sure to use the code PLYR23 for 15% off!




    Thanks! Cancelled my pre-order and ordered through GS.
    Posted:
  • filtheefilthee  162WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 162
    Joined:  #125
    I'm gonna get one.
    Posted:
  • swingnmissswingnmiss  101WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 101
    Joined:  #126
    Does anyone know how to cancel preorders from skygolf? I can't see anyway to do it online and finally found a phone number for them buried on their site but it's after hours.
    Posted:
  • shawncsmith01shawncsmith01  6WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 6
    Joined:  #127
    I have to say that I am a bit pissed that they shipped the product to stores before taking care of customers who pre-ordered. Nice customer appreciation SkyGolf...
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • JrMistMakerJrMistMaker  104WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 104
    Joined:  edited May 1, 2013 #128
    swingnmiss wrote:


    Does anyone know how to cancel preorders from skygolf? I can't see anyway to do it online and finally found a phone number for them buried on their site but it's after hours.




    Contact Number: 1-866-SKYGOLF (1-866-759-4653)



    U have to do it via phone
    Posted:
  • AnthonyTXAnthonyTX  72WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 72
    Joined:  #129
    dha wrote:

    AnthonyTX wrote:


    If you guys pick it up from GS make sure to use the code PLYR23 for 15% off!




    I was going to hold off on buying the Skypro until after all the reviews, but after reading this thread and your post about the discount at GS, I went ahead and bought it. Not sure if I should thank you or hate you...




    image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />



    I was hoping it would have some charge so I could hit the range with my new toy. Unfortunately it was completely dead. I've been charging it for 2 hours now. Not sure when it will be done image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    Posted:
  • swingnmissswingnmiss  101WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 101
    Joined:  #130

    swingnmiss wrote:


    Does anyone know how to cancel preorders from skygolf? I can't see anyway to do it online and finally found a phone number for them buried on their site but it's after hours.




    Contact Number: 1-866-SKYGOLF (1-866-759-4653)



    U have to do it via phone




    Thanks, hopefully when I call tomorrow it's not too late since I already ordered from GS too image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.
    Posted:
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade  865WRX Points: 260Members Posts: 865 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #131
    You guys are great! Just ordered from Golfsmith.



    Touchy for a small manufacturer on the balance of individual pre-orders vs. big accounts like Golfsmith. I'm sure they would much rather sell them directly because they make retail instead of the wholesale they make on the ones Golfsmith sells, but they have to keep big retailers happy in order to stay in business long-term. I'm sure Golfsmith placed an order some time ago with certain stipulations on how many they get within how many days of release. I understand feeling chapped when Golfsmith gets its order before some individuals, but we have to remember that SkyPro are little guys too.
    Posted:
  • nandlernandler  29WRX Points: 50Members Posts: 29 Bunkers
    Joined:  #132
    AnthonyTX wrote:

    dha wrote:

    AnthonyTX wrote:


    If you guys pick it up from GS make sure to use the code PLYR23 for 15% off!




    I was going to hold off on buying the Skypro until after all the reviews, but after reading this thread and your post about the discount at GS, I went ahead and bought it. Not sure if I should thank you or hate you...




    image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />



    I was hoping it would have some charge so I could hit the range with my new toy. Unfortunately it was completely dead. I've been charging it for 2 hours now. Not sure when it will be done image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />




    Yeah it doesn't come charged so don't expect to head to the range as soon as you get it. I think it took about 4 hours to completely charge mine. The battery life seems really good though. I charged it again after using it last night and it only took about 15 minutes.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TayTaySlamTayTaySlam  581WRX Points: 36Members Posts: 581 Bunkers
    Joined:  #133
    I almost ordered this a second ago until i realized there was no android support. I checked the website and there was no mention at all of it. Does anyone know anything regarding non-iphone users
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2  32142WRX Points: 1,973Members Posts: 32,142 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #134
    I don't get the phone turning off every time you have to calibrate. Sounds a bit strange.
    Posted:

    Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

    Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

    In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

     

  • AnthonyTXAnthonyTX  72WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 72
    Joined:  #135
    So mine failed to pair with my iPhone.... after it failed it never showed up again. I put it in the charger again hoping that shuts it off then I'll try again when I remove it from the cradle
    Posted:
  • nandlernandler  29WRX Points: 50Members Posts: 29 Bunkers
    Joined:  edited May 1, 2013 #136
    Sean2 wrote:


    I don't get the phone turning off every time you have to calibrate. Sounds a bit strange.




    I meant that if your phone goes to sleep while you're swinging then you have to recalibrate when you power it back on.
    Posted:
  • MizgoodieMizgoodie golf happy! golf good!  1900WRX Points: 56Handicap: 10.8Members Posts: 1,900 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #137
    man is thing going to be neat, after getting home from working couldn't help myself had to go take some practice swings in the dark. the unit works great and the info is great and I start and return on the same lie angle within a degree on 5 swings . not bad..
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Spartagus84Spartagus84  34WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 34
    Joined:  #138
    Will this product work with the new Windows phone? I would love to purchase one.
    Posted:
  • valkarevalkare  198WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 198
    Joined:  #139
    Bring on the reviews!
    Posted:
  • CurlinCurlin  35WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 35
    Joined:  #140
    I have an iPad but not iPhone. I know it says you can use iPad but all videos show iPhone. Would it be more difficult to use the iPad as far as collaboration?
    Posted:
  • nandlernandler  29WRX Points: 50Members Posts: 29 Bunkers
    Joined:  edited May 2, 2013 #141
    Curlin wrote:


    I have an iPad but not iPhone. I know it says you can use iPad but all videos show iPhone. Would it be more difficult to use the iPad as far as collaboration?




    Assuming you mean calibration, I have been using the mini-ipad and it's been fine. I would think it might be a little cumbersome to keep a full-sized ipad on the face of the club during calibration but I could be wrong.



    Here is how you calibrate it. Hold the golf club between your left arm and body and hold the ipad flat on the face of the club. Then you rotate back and forth until it's calibrated. If you can keep the ipad flat on the face of the club then you should be good.
    Posted:
  • CurlinCurlin  35WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 35
    Joined:  #142
    nandler wrote:

    Curlin wrote:


    I have an iPad but not iPhone. I know it says you can use iPad but all videos show iPhone. Would it be more difficult to use the iPad as far as collaboration?




    Assuming you mean calibration, I have been using the mini-ipad and it's been fine. I would think it might be a little cumbersome to keep a full-sized ipad on the face of the club during calibration but I could be wrong.



    Here is how you calibrate it. Hold the golf club between your left arm and body and hold the ipad flat on the face of the club. Then you rotate back and forth until it's calibrated. If you can keep the ipad flat on the face of the club then you should be good.




    oops, sorry, yes I meant calibration. Thanks for the info. Looks like it could be a problem with the regular Ipad, but with a little practice, should be able to do it. Just curious since all the videos I've seen have been with the Iphone.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • EyedrbEyedrb  79WRX Points: 47Handicap: 20Members Posts: 79 Fairways
    Joined:  #143
    will this give you an estimated distance you just hit?
    Posted:
  • alabamakillaalabamakilla  47WRX Points: 0Lefty Boomers Posts: 47
    Joined:  edited May 2, 2013 #144
    Eyedrb wrote:


    will this give you an estimated distance you just hit?




    No, but it does give you an option to name the swing and add comments. I labeled them something like this: Baby fade, 240 yards, Mid trajectory. The yardage is my visual estimate based on the range markers. Not scientific but a general idea of what happened with the shot. The Sky Pro puts alot of emphasis on the swing mechanics and does not do any analysis of the ball flight. Which I think is a good thing. I don't think a sensor on your shaft can give you accurate ball flight information similar to a trackman.The Sky Pro does what it is good at which is swing info. It does not pretend to be able to tell you info it simply cannot calculate accurately with a shaft sensor.



    I did find out today that my swing speed is faster than I thought, I need to shorten and steepen my back swing. All things the groove feature is wonderful at helping you with. I went to the range today to lay down a base line of swings. I am going to work with groove feature this weekend and go back to the range next week and test the results. So far it is a great tool. I had no problems with calibrating, movement on the shaft, or inaccurate/bizarre readings.
    Posted:
  • EyedrbEyedrb  79WRX Points: 47Handicap: 20Members Posts: 79 Fairways
    Joined:  #145
    Thanks for the reply. As someone who is new to golf and has a swing that is really inconsistent I love the "groove it" feature and drills to work on. I was hoping I would be able to "groove in" a decent swing, and at this point I have no idea if that last swing was straight or a slice, esp since Ill mostly be using it in the house. I am told I have a push slice and "get stuck behind the ball" I have no idea what that means though. haha. I was hoping this might help.
    Posted:
  • alabamakillaalabamakilla  47WRX Points: 0Lefty Boomers Posts: 47
    Joined:  edited May 2, 2013 #146
    Eyedrb wrote:


    Thanks for the reply. As someone who is new to golf and has a swing that is really inconsistent I love the "groove it" feature and drills to work on. I was hoping I would be able to "groove in" a decent swing, and at this point I have no idea if that last swing was straight or a slice, esp since Ill mostly be using it in the house. I am told I have a push slice and "get stuck behind the ball" I have no idea what that means though. haha. I was hoping this might help.




    I'm using it in a similar way you would. I went to the range to get a few good swings recorded that I liked the results of and wrote down what happened with the ball flight. Now I can (at home) work on the things that were alerted as problems with the groove feature. I could have done this all at home without hitting a ball but, I wanted to see the ball flight results and how the swing info was recorded by the skypro. I think this is a great tool for a guy that doesnt have access to a net or range all the time. I don't get to play or practice as much as I like. To be able to step out into my backyard and do some swing work whenever I feel like and get feedback is huge for me. That is why I got a Skypro
    Posted:
  • jraschjrasch  10WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 10
    Joined:  #147
    Curlin wrote:


    I have an iPad but not iPhone. I know it says you can use iPad but all videos show iPhone. Would it be more difficult to use the iPad as far as collaboration?




    The one thing I noticed is the iPad doesnt have its own app(atleast that I can find) the app is for the iPhone so it is the same screen resolution on the iPad that it is on the iPhone. For me at this point I just plan on using the phone and leaving the iPad at home.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • swingnmissswingnmiss  101WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 101
    Joined:  #148
    jrasch wrote:

    Curlin wrote:


    I have an iPad but not iPhone. I know it says you can use iPad but all videos show iPhone. Would it be more difficult to use the iPad as far as collaboration?




    The one thing I noticed is the iPad doesnt have its own app(atleast that I can find) the app is for the iPhone so it is the same screen resolution on the iPad that it is on the iPhone. For me at this point I just plan on using the phone and leaving the iPad at home.




    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on their website they are working on an iPad version.
    Posted:
  • MathwizMathwiz  986WRX Points: 123Members Posts: 986 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #149
    Ordered mine last night from my local Golfsmith (if you can call 38 miles away "local"). Thanks for the code AnthonyTX! Saved $30 (total w/tax was $185). I just put up my Gourock 8'X7' net with PVC frame, and have my new 3'X5' Realfeel CCE elite mat. Now waiting on the "ready for pickup" email.



    Let the high tech practice begin.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5°
    Taylormade 2017 M2 15°
    Srixon U65 20° 3 iron
    Srixon z565 4 thru PW
    48° & 52° Cleveland CBX wedges
    Cleveland Smart sole wedge 58°
    Ping Sigma 2 Kushin  center shaft

    All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.
  • daveldavel  38WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 38
    Joined:  #150
    davel wrote:

    nandler wrote:

    Curlin wrote:


    I have an iPad but not iPhone. I know it says you can use iPad but all videos show iPhone. Would it be more difficult to use the iPad as far as collaboration?




    Assuming you mean calibration, I have been using the mini-ipad and it's been fine. I would think it might be a little cumbersome to keep a full-sized ipad on the face of the club during calibration but I could be wrong.





    Here is how you calibrate it. Hold the golf club between your left arm and body and hold the ipad flat on the face of the club. Then you rotate back and forth until it's calibrated. If you can keep the ipad flat on the face of the club then you should be good.




    I assume you mean the back of the ipad and not the screen.



    Dave
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • nandlernandler  29WRX Points: 50Members Posts: 29 Bunkers
    Joined:  #151
    davel wrote:

    davel wrote:

    nandler wrote:

    Curlin wrote:


    I have an iPad but not iPhone. I know it says you can use iPad but all videos show iPhone. Would it be more difficult to use the iPad as far as collaboration?




    Assuming you mean calibration, I have been using the mini-ipad and it's been fine. I would think it might be a little cumbersome to keep a full-sized ipad on the face of the club during calibration but I could be wrong.





    Here is how you calibrate it. Hold the golf club between your left arm and body and hold the ipad flat on the face of the club. Then you rotate back and forth until it's calibrated. If you can keep the ipad flat on the face of the club then you should be good.




    I assume you mean the back of the ipad and not the screen.



    Dave





    Yes you hold the back of the ipad/iphone against the face of the club to calibrate it.
    Posted:
59

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.