GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Where can I find yardages online?

jim butter ·  
jim butterjim butter Members  123WRX Points: 0Posts: 123
Does anyone know a website or app that I could use to view a course layout with yardages. I do not mean the standard course maps many courses have on their homepage. I was hoping for something where I could mess around and see where different yardages off the tee would leave me in relation to the green and any hazards. Kind of like a yardage book or interactive map.<br />
<br />
I have a golf trip in a month where I will be playing a few new courses. A group of 12 throws money on every round and four day aggregate, so I am looking for any advantage I can get. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted:

Comments

• BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5868WRX Points: 1,188Posts: 5,868 Titanium Tees
    Google Earth should work.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • sleuthsleuth Members  701WRX Points: 89Posts: 701 Golden Tee
    Website does in fact exist<br />
    http://www.measurelinks.com/
    Posted:
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5868WRX Points: 1,188Posts: 5,868 Titanium Tees
    sleuth wrote:
    <br />
    Website does in fact exist<br />
    http://www.measurelinks.com/<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Cool, but lots of missing courses.
    Posted:
  • sleuthsleuth Members  701WRX Points: 89Posts: 701 Golden Tee
    Andy L wrote:
    <br />
    Cool, but lots of missing courses.<br />
    <br />
    Simple fix is just going to the area the course is located, and moving the map around. The yardages should still work and be relatively accurate. From personal experience and measuring my home course I play 3-4x a week, I think the site has legitimacy.
    Posted:
  • WayneoWayneo Members  229WRX Points: 0Posts: 229
    Google Earth
    Posted:
    sleuth wrote:
    <br />
    Andy L wrote:
    <br />
    Cool, but lots of missing courses.<br />
    <br />
    Simple fix is just going to the area the course is located, and moving the map around. The yardages should still work and be relatively accurate. From personal experience and measuring my home course I play 3-4x a week, I think the site has legitimacy.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I checked it out. Looks like they built a simple measuring tool into Google maps. I like Google Earth better, but this will do the trick without having to install Google Earth.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • agray94agray94 Members  532WRX Points: 0Posts: 532
    looks pretty useful, played some shots on a couple local courses seems pretty acurate.
    Posted:
  • kidcloudkickerkidcloudkicker Members  69WRX Points: 50Posts: 69 Bunkers

I used to reference this site all the time but it’s been awhile and it looks like the site isn’t there anymore. Does anyone know of any similar?

Posted:
  • pahrfadepahrfade Members  15WRX Points: 24Posts: 15 Bunkers

Golfshot Plus is an app that should fit the bill. I use it as my on-course GPS app. It is also fun to look at a course prior to playing it. The GPS feature is great, but I also use it for keeping score/rounds/stats.

Posted:
  • mmack067mmack067 OttawaMembers  781WRX Points: 206Handicap: +4Posts: 781 Golden Tee

Bluegolf is my go to for this. I go to Tour --> Holes Map and you can measure different yardages, etc.

Posted:
    SIM 9° Diamana D+ LTD 60TX
    Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
    Titleist 910H 17˚ -  Project X 7.0
    Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
    SM7 50F, 54S
    SM8 58M
    Scotty Studio Stainless NP2

lDLcKyO.png?1  

• zzyzxx33zzyzxx33 Members  1181WRX Points: 153Posts: 1,181 Platinum Tees

I have been using Golf Pad, free version, for about 4-5 years. The scorecard is a scorecard. What I really like is the gps. Tap a location of the map and it will tell you how far you are to that spot and how much is left to the center of the green.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members  6525WRX Points: 202Handicap: 19Posts: 6,525 Titanium Tees

So are these kind of maps you can make then print out as a yardage book?

Posted:
    TM M5 Tour 430 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
    TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM GAPR Mid 4 iron 20 Fujikara Fuel
    TM GAPR Mid 5 iron 23 Aldila RIP 
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM Milled Grind Satin 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • hwturner17hwturner17 Members  499WRX Points: 181Posts: 499 Greens

google maps, go to course, go to hole, right click, press measure distance to set first way point, left click on next way point

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.