2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

worst junior youve played with

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past high school season, I was the 4th man, so I got paired with the 4th man from another team, along with our 3rd man and their 3rd man. First hole, the 4 man puts his tee shot OB left, hits another, OB right, then hits a final one and finally finds the fairway. The whole day he just kept talking like he was a scratch handicap, talking about how hard states were going to be this year with the competition, when he wasn't even going to make it to sectionals based on the scores he was putting up.

He shot 68 for nine holes that day, and the 3 man shot a 62. My team-mate and I were laughing our way off the last green to our coach.

when we played the teams that dont really have a serious golf team, they just have one to "compete" all at once their 1-1 played our 1-2 then the other 1-2 played me(3) and my teammate(4) and the 2 number ones hit and they hit grounders. then when we went my and my friend hit it right down the middle then the other number 1 gets up and wiffs then he goes f**************kkkkk and everyone heard it. and we all started laughing because of what he said, even my coach who acts like he has a stick up his u no what did.

I played with this kid last year, 1st hole hits 4 off the tee OB makes like an 11 on the hole, second hole hits 3 more OB, walks off the course. It was fun being in a two some the rest of the round though!

nick

Where was this tournament? I was in a tournament where a kid did the EXACT same thing, I'm wondering maybe it was the same kid. If it was, I was in the group ahead of you and heard about that the rest of the round :drinks:

Oh, forgot to tell my story about a kid. He's the biggest cheater I've ever seen. 2 years ago I played with him for a tournament round in a 3-some. I played lousy and shot an 83. The other kid shot a really good 80 after firing a couple balls OB on the first hole. This kid topped 4 drives- I kid you not- 4 drives. One of the worst putters I've ever seen. Somehow he magically comes up with a 73. During the round, we played the back nine first, and we added up the scores. 41 for me, 44 for the other kid, and 33 for him. We both thought WTF? We looked over the card he had an eagle written down on the par 5 11th, even though he got a birdie, and a birdie on the par 3 12th even though he had a par. We told him that, and he was trying to tell us his tee shot hit the flag and stopped dead next to the cup, meanwhile it was his chip that hit the pin. There was one more difference in his scorecard compared to what he actually shot, I forget what it was, but he ended up with a 36... which was probably still more but the kid was getting so pissed at us we just stoppd for a while. He kept cheating on the front nine, fired a 37, for a 73. He went in, and me and the other kid stood there talking about all the shots he shaved himself, and we determined he probably shot around 86-87.

The next week I played with him again and I was on his a** about his score. Somehow he shot a 91. No clue how that could have happened :drinks:

And the worst part is that I had to play this kid in a match play tournament. He'd improved since the year before, I'll give him that. He didn't even cheat the entire round in regulation... Here's the scenario. He's 1 up with 2 to play. On 17, he's got a 6 footer for par to close out the match. Doesn't even touch the cup. 18 th hole, he's on in regulation, I'm about 40 yards short. I pitch on to about 10 feet. He misses the putt to win 2 up. I make. He misses the putt to win 1 up. We go to a playoff hole. I win the first playoff hole. As we're walking back, thinking he'd changed his ways, he lashed out and said I cheated. He refused to sign the scorecard because he thought I had a double on the 11th hole where I had a bogey. I told him I was on in regulation and 3-putted, and he made a putt to tie. He said that I was short in 2, chipped on and 3-putted. After a delay at the scorer's tent, and almost being DQ'd from my afternoon match, we got my next opponent, who was playing with us in the morning match, to say that I really made a 5. It was ridiculous. I thought he changed, but he was always a cheater.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres nothing more that I hate then cheaters and arrogent people. I shoot about 42 average 9 and was #1 as a freshmen last year (on the freshmen team) and we would play against a team that always beat us. No big deal its a game. But I was up 3 and the kid just kept whining that I cheated, I didnt but apparently counted isn't his strong game. I just hate cheaters I havent had really any bad experiences.

I played with a guy when I was on my high-school team. He must of shot like 130 on a super-easy course. Anyways fast forward to the 17th hole. He tops his drive (for like the 100th time it seems like) and it rolls about 80-100 yards maybe more, and my other playing partner and I are some 100-140 yards ahead of this guy. I walked past his ball, realized it so I moved about 20 or so yards to the right of him, clearly out of his way since it is a dog-leg LEFT. He proceeds to shank his fwy wood into my right heel. It hurt SOO badly I didn't think I could finish the last 2 holes. Anyways, I finished the last 2 holes like triple-double or something and posted my 95...(I'm not a great player as you can tell). I never played with that kid again.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I win this one. My match today...kid I played with shot er...this is hard. 80, that's right 80 (not a typo) for 9 holes, yes 9 holes (not a typo either). Round was 3 hours for the 9 holes. He dropped a ball when he couldn't find his, and would play it out. He did this 5 times, or at least 5 times I could count. He also picked up my teammates golf ball that was in the middle of the fairway. My friend thought he lost his ball down the middle, but then we found it in the fairway of the next hole...the same hole this kid dropped a ball on..twice. I am so pissed over today's round. That damn kid cost me at least 4 strokes. urgh!

I win this one. My match today...kid I played with shot er...this is hard. 80, that's right 80 (not a typo) for 9 holes, yes 9 holes (not a typo either). Round was 3 hours for the 9 holes. He dropped a ball when he couldn't find his, and would play it out. He did this 5 times, or at least 5 times I could count. He also picked up my teammates golf ball that was in the middle of the fairway. My friend thought he lost his ball down the middle, but then we found it in the fairway of the next hole...the same hole this kid dropped a ball on..twice. I am so pissed over today's round. That damn kid cost me at least 4 strokes. urgh!

Yes you win, I would have a serious problem with him, and I would let him know. I feel sorry for you.

Rich

I have had a couple of bad juniors that I have played with but not any like the ones that have been talked about here. My worst one was probably last summer in a tournament where I played with this kid who was decked out in JL and had extremely high end equipment. He might have been one of the worst golfers I had ever played with. He was honest but shot in the 120s. The whole day he talked and said "I usually do soo much better than this" and "I never play like this". He might have been having a bad day but his swing was as bad as his round. 6 hour round..not fun

Yes you win, I would have a serious problem with him, and I would let him know. I feel sorry for you.

Rich

Glad you hear me Rich...it was unbearable. A couple hours ago I could have ranted for quiet some time. At least now I cooled off a bit, and can laugh at it. You should have heard my teammates who were watching the last hole. They saw me with my head held low after making double on the last. When I was done the asked me what I shot, saw it was only 41, and they almost fell over hearing my opponent shot 80. By the way, I wouldn't sign his scorecard. First time I've ever done that.

• 3 weeks later...
So I'm playing in a school tourney with these two girls. They were totally the nicest people in the world and it was fun to golf with them but omg they were horrible. The one girl tees up the ball and wiffs it..... 7 times..... it was like watching a car crash.

If they were nice people and cute I could forgive that! :friends:

I know some serial cheaters, I think one of them got banned from a club, and the other had been DQed a few times. So there is justice occassionally.

Dave

I am 29, I was back home in Florida for a club touney and got paired with a Kid I used to have in a Jr. Clinic when he was like 12. Anyway, he is a pretty good player now, but like a lot 17 year olds is a little cocky and ran his mouth for the first few holes. I birdie 6 holes in a row and ended up beating him pretty good, the silence was deafening.

I don't care if you are good and cocky.....just don't run your mouth....you never know who might be listening. In all honesty, I went down there to see my Dad and play some golf and ending up with some little kid running his lip and from the 3rd hole on I just wanted to take all of his money.....and I did. I love it.

Like the guy above me I can hold my own on a golf course just fine. I don't care if your are the best of the best of the worst of the worst. As long as you have fun and play somewhat to my pace you can not bother me unless the mouth is going and going about i am the best but not today kind of thing. I actually love playing golf with women, because no matter what happens they are always smiling and laughing and having a great time. I understand that i am trying to turn pro but i am trying to learn from them on how to blow everything off and let it fly by. I am getting better at it. Back on subject the worst golfer I have had the opportunity to keep school for was my senior year in high school. I already had my spot as number 1 and was out playing/ keeping score for the freshman. A kid shot 89 on the first 9 holes and lost 3 dozen golf balls. IT was funny too, he hit this beautiful tee shot nice down the middle and then it was like a nuclear bomb going off! He sadly did not play the back one because he had no more golf balls and 2 my sharpie ran out of ink to keep righting down his score! Sorry to say i was pulling for him to make the golf team but he didn't.

Just about a week ago i played with the 3 worst players on our team. We kept pace up(even in a five-some), but I shot 41 and they shot 63, 71, 75, and 83. I was surprised though, they were actually good putters, but i dont think any of the even made it to the fairway.

<br />2017 M2 10.5 HZRDUS Black<br />2017 M2 HL HZRDUS Black<br /> 910h Tour AD-DI 85<br />P750 4-PW KBS C-Taper<br />Vokey SM-6<br />Edel E-2 Torque Balance<br />

I played with a kid that dropped the f bomb at least 7 times a hole. On the last hole that I played with him, he mooned me. ( this wasn't in a competition, just he was sitting around the clubhouse and wanted to know if a couple other juniors and I want to get a couple holes in before it got dark.) But he mooned me while I was reading a putt.

I played with a kid that dropped the f bomb at least 7 times a hole. On the last hole that I played with him, he mooned me. ( this wasn't in a competition, just he was sitting around the clubhouse and wanted to know if a couple other juniors and I want to get a couple holes in before it got dark.) But he mooned me while I was reading a putt.
HAhahahahahahahaha.

Sorry, but that was the funniest thing I'd read on a message board in quite a while.

I played in my old Club's Senior Qualifying one year, and this kid played in the group a head of me - apparently he was off like a 5 or something. Ended up shooting in the 100's. But that wasn't the issue. He played the whole round with headphones on, and on one whole - we had clean and place through the green due to weather conditions - he was behind a huge tree left of the green. Took his clean and place, and miraculously ended up about 3feet ot the right of it. Didn't get up and down though :friends:

Cheats - I hate them. One of the reasons I do not like Monty any more after his effort in Asia the other year.

A few years ago me and a mate from my golf club were paired together with a kid who was a year younger than us in a county schools competition. Everything was going ok until about the 11th hole, a par 3 where the younger kid hit his tee shot short of the green, then chipped into a bunker and made up and down for par. I put four down on his card and we moved on. A few times towards the end of the round we had to correct him on a few holes where he said his score was a shot lower than it really was. When we had finished the round we were checking through the card and he said to me he'd had a 3 on the 11th, when i told him he had a four and recounted the shots hed taken he started getting arsey telling us to put 3 down, after a few raised voices i told him that hes a cheat and if he wanted to cheat he could have it as a four, i didnt think this would matter anyway as he had about 34 points. When it came to the prizegiving it came to his age group, his name was called out as the winner, by one shot! ive regretted it ever since even though he only won a crappy hippo wedge!

• 1 month later...