Nike Covert users

TheMerryTex ·  
TheMerryTexTheMerryTex No hablo 1469WRX Points: 1Members Posts: 1,469 Platinum Tees
Just ordered mine...

Nike Covert Tour

Aldila RIP Beta 70x

45 in.

I'm pretty stoked and want to know what your specs are as well. Post your photos and comments!

Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on
[font=georgia,serif]Nike Vapor TW - BB73s
Titleist 915F 15* - D+ 80s
Titleist 913F 19* - D+ 82s
Titleist 913H 21* - Phenom 80s
Mizuno MP 64 - 4-PW S300
Titleist Vokey SM5- 54/08M, 60/04L
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]
24997465921_7a3f574e63.jpg

Comments

• mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com  7441WRX Points: 222Members Posts: 7,441 Titanium Tees
    Just ordered my Covert Performance...

44.5 inches...

Diamana 'ilama - stiff...

10.5 / Right

Tour Wrap 2G - Stretched with rib...
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • morebeerbettergolfmorebeerbettergolf  761WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 761
    Covert Tour

Matrix 7M3 Black Tie S

45.5" by Nike's scale which is more like 45"

I have to get it dialed in once it gets here but was getting great numbers at 9.5 Right on a couple different monitors.

Should have it pretty soon. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish  8484WRX Points: 151Members Posts: 8,484 Titanium Tees
    Covert Performance

Kuro Kage Silver 70g Stiff

Ordered at 44.25", but I guess they measure it differently so it will be playing at less than 44"?

Still waiting for it to be delivered to Fedex Office so I can pick it up.
    Posted:
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange County 2532WRX Points: 236Members Posts: 2,532 Titanium Tees
    I have the Performance head with the Kuro Kage Silver 60s.

Played only 1 round with it but so far so good
    Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash TD - Graphite Design VR
    Callaway Epic Flash 15*
    SIM - 19*
    Bridgestone J15cb - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

• PakanPakan  74WRX Points: 0Handicap: 5.9Members Posts: 74
    Hey guys,

I had a one-hour session testing both Nike drivers, PING Anser and the new R1. The Nike w/ Tour head and KK Silver stiff 60g was the best one for me. My previous driver was a VR Pro 8'5 with PX 6,0.

The VR's averages was 3999 rpm spin, launch 16, carry about 210m and incl. roll 227m. 36m dispersion sideways (left-right) smash 1,43. 25 shots total

Covert 9,5 neutral: 2550 rpm spin, launch 13,5, carry 235m and incl. roll 252m. 13(!)m dispersion sideways. Smash 1,46. Don't remember BS but I think avg. was in the mid 150's. 27 shots total. Best shot went to 272 meters.

Needless to say, I bought it. However I can probably not play outdoors with for another 3 months since there is plenty of snow here in central Sweden and more coming in. It felt really good to me though and hey, it's only money image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> also this is only the second time i play this winter/season so I guess Those numbers can improve a bit.

My avg. clubhead speed was 106 mph and I have a fairly fast tempo. +1,5atk angle. 177 cms tall and tried standard length. Trackman was set to 0m elevation, 75% humidity, 26 degrees C.

Sorry about the metric system! I think you can take meters x 1,1 and get yardage but not entirely sure.
    Posted:
    915 D3
    915F
    Covert Tour Hybrid
    714 AP2
    MD Forged 52, 58
    ProType Black
  • LuvToGolfGuyLuvToGolfGuy  382WRX Points: 35Handicap: 7.6Members Posts: 382 Bunkers
    Covert Tour

Graffalloy Pro Launch Red Axis 45"

9.5 neutral (for now)

Golf Pride Red VDR grip w/ 3 wraps

Only been hit in a simulator or hitting bays w/ monitors. (It's February and I'm in Minnesota, so yeah........)
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tour 65 Shaft
    Ping G 3 Wood
    Ping G 3 Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 4 hybrid
    Nike Covert 5,6,7 iron (PX 6.0)
    Nike VR_S 8-PW Blades (PX 6.0)
    Nike VR_S 52* & 56*
    Ping Glide 2.0 60*
    Nike Method 001 33"

Advertisement
  • csiachoscsiachos  2003WRX Points: 141Members Posts: 2,003 Platinum Tees
    Covert Tour UST V2 75X 10.5 deg. open

Better be really good to knock out the Vr Tour with GD AD DI-7x
    Posted:
  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New Zealand 4286WRX Points: 375Unregistered Posts: 4,286 Titanium Tees
    Pakan wrote:

Hey guys,

I had a one-hour session testing both Nike drivers, PING Anser and the new R1. The Nike w/ Tour head and KK Silver stiff 60g was the best one for me. My previous driver was a VR Pro 8'5 with PX 6,0.

The VR's averages was 3999 rpm spin, launch 16, carry about 210m and incl. roll 227m. 36m dispersion sideways (left-right) smash 1,43. 25 shots total

Covert 9,5 neutral: 2550 rpm spin, launch 13,5, carry 235m and incl. roll 252m. 13(!)m dispersion sideways. Smash 1,46. Don't remember BS but I think avg. was in the mid 150's. 27 shots total. Best shot went to 272 meters.

Needless to say, I bought it. However I can probably not play outdoors with for another 3 months since there is plenty of snow here in central Sweden and more coming in. It felt really good to me though and hey, it's only money image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> also this is only the second time i play this winter/season so I guess Those numbers can improve a bit.

My avg. clubhead speed was 106 mph and I have a fairly fast tempo. +1,5atk angle. 177 cms tall and tried standard length. Trackman was set to 0m elevation, 75% humidity, 26 degrees C.

Sorry about the metric system! I think you can take meters x 1,1 and get yardage but not entirely sure.

Don't apologize. It's our stupidity for using this ancient system.
    Posted:

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• scottvw13scottvw13 VaporWRX!! The Big Bad City 2173WRX Points: 113Handicap: 0.8Members Posts: 2,173 Platinum Tees
    Wow, I love how many people are ordering custom shafts and lengths!

Those of you who ordered a custom shaft, would you mind posting how much the UPCHARGE was? Only the upcharge portion, so that we protect the store that you purchased from.

Thanks!
    Posted:
    GG upcharge rate is insane I have found compared to others. I think I am going to ask for a bit of a refund actually. 300 upcharge for 7M3 and 470 for Kiyoshi white... Whut?
    Posted:
  • rackemrollerrackemroller What's Up Partner  553WRX Points: 93Members Posts: 553 Golden Tee
    Covert Tour

45 inches

GD BB 7x

&

Performance

45 inches

Fuji Tour Spec 7.2 x

I couldn't decide so I ot both.
    Posted:
    M5 GD TP 6x or Ping G400 LST Fujikura Ventus 6x
    Nike Vapor "2 Dot" 15 Diamana W Series 7x or M5 Tour AD GP 7x
    Nike Vapor "3 Dot" 20 Diamana W Series 7x
    UDI TP 18 or 20 PXi 6.5
    Nike VR Pro 4-pw, DG 120 T.I. X100 or Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw. DG TI X-100
    Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 55 & 60
    Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117
    RZN Tour Platimum or TP5X or Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • MixedBagMixedBag  1491WRX Points: 95Members Posts: 1,491 Platinum Tees
    I've decided after last night (I hit every driver.... again), I have to order the Tour version.

Question: Has anyone ordered through Nikegolf.com and requested custom length?

Also, I noticed there is a seller on the Bay offering the Tour head with Matrix 6Q3 "Red Tie" for $599 (any flex and length). How does that shaft compare to the Kuro Kage Silver 60? From what I've read, they seem similiar but the Matrix usually retails for an additional $300??
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
  • legalseafoodlegalseafood  40WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 40
    1. I was just at my local golf store and tried out the covert tour for the first time, 60g kuro kage in stiff. I tried it against the titleist 913. I'm usually 260 yds with a few good ones at 275-280 yds with the 913. When i hit the covert, i was averaging 270-285 yds and a few good ones at 300 plus. I'm very skeptical of simulators but I gotta say the covert reallly really surprised me, i have never hit that far before. It felt really solid when you catch it on the sweet spot. I am very close to ordering one.
    Posted:
    Talked to Bobby Ennia tonight and I just added an Attas 3 X to the quiver for this baby. Really excited for the shootout between it and the 7M3.
    Posted:
  • richmoney6771richmoney6771  138WRX Points: 40Members Posts: 138 Fairways
    Covert tour

45 inches

Tour ad di 7x

Absolutely awesome!!!!
    Posted:
  • MizunofanMizunofan Northern NJ (NYC Metro area) 599WRX Points: 55Handicap: 10.0Members Posts: 599 Golden Tee
    dcosby wrote:

Covert Tour

45 inches

GD BB 7x

&

Performance

45 inches

Fuji Tour Spec 7.2 x

I couldn't decide so I ot both.

Please let us know your impressions of both. I currently play a BB and have been contemplating ordering a Fujikura Motore 7.2TS in the Covert Tour. Thanks in advance!
    Posted:
    MARUMAN Conductor Pro-X 9* + Fujikura Prototype shaft
    Mizuno MP Titanium + Fujikura Fit-On-11! Pro95s
    TourStage X-UT 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
    Irons: Mizuno MP-37/30 + DG S300
    Mizuno MP-T5/TM Tour Preferred/Mizuno MP-T5
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach

Advertisement
  • nwmastiffsnwmastiffs  90WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 90
    Covert tour driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood on order. I went with kiyoshi white in all three, only problem is I won't get them until march.
    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31928WRX Points: 1,706Members Posts: 31,928 Titanium Tees
    nwmastiffs wrote:

Covert tour driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood on order. I went with kiyoshi white in all three, only problem is I won't get them until march.

How much did those set you back with that shaft in all three?
    Posted:
  • portmanportman  106WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 106
    I have a spare Project X shaft and I want to try it out with the Covert Tour I got last week. Does anyone know if Nike sells the adapter sleeve yet?
    Posted:
  • H.A. KerrH.A. Kerr I'm almost 100% sure the word you want is "losing"  738WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 738

nwmastiffs wrote:

How much does your wife love you?
    Posted:
  • TheMerryTexTheMerryTex No hablo  1469WRX Points: 1Members Posts: 1,469 Platinum Tees
    Just got to hit the Covert Tour with KK Silver 70X and must say its very nice. I first hit the KK Silver in the 60S and didn't love it but now that I got mine in and tweaked it, it's nice.

BTW I have the RIP Beta 70X with the adapter on order...

I ended up setting mine to 10.5

Posted:
    Mizuno MP 64 - 4-PW S300

Advertisement
  • nwmastiffsnwmastiffs  90WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 90

nwmastiffs wrote:

I don't remember the exact amount, but it was around $1650. I know that's crazy to spend that much on woods, but it's been a long winter and I needed something to lift my spirits. I am replacing a vr limited with a Accra tour z, and tour edge cb3 3 and 5 wood.

That price is from discount dans
    Posted:
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    I have a Tour with the KK Blk 60S and a Performance with Proj X 6.0 on order.

To the person who asked, Nike is supposedly going to allow select fitting accounts to start selling the Flex-loft adapters in March.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

TM TP5 Pix
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    AChapa8807 wrote:

Just got to hit the Covert Tour with KK Silver 70X and must say its very nice. I first hit the KK Silver in the 60S and didn't love it but now that I got mine in and tweaked it, it's nice.

Chap---you getting the Covert Staff bag or keeping the 20xi?
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

TM TP5 Pix
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31928WRX Points: 1,706Members Posts: 31,928 Titanium Tees
    H.A. Kerr wrote:

nwmastiffs wrote:

How much does your wife love you?
    nwmastiffs wrote:

nwmastiffs wrote:

I don't remember the exact amount, but it was around $1650. I know that's crazy to spend that much on woods, but it's been a long winter and I needed something to lift my spirits. I am replacing a vr limited with a Accra tour z, and tour edge cb3 3 and 5 wood.

That price is from discount dans

Thank you for the info. I'm jealous of your fwy setup for sure! Keep us posted after you receive them on how they perform!
    Posted:
    shakey wrote:

I have a Tour with the KK Blk 60S and a Performance with Proj X 6.0 on order.

To the person who asked, Nike is supposedly going to allow select fitting accounts to start selling the Flex-loft adapters in March.

That is great news, Nike is really stepping it up this year!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Not sure why everyone bags on the head cover...I would much rather have this toned down, classy looking cover than some neon green thing. I don't feel the need to advertise to everyone I play with what I have in my bag.
    Posted:
  • TheMerryTexTheMerryTex No hablo  1469WRX Points: 1Members Posts: 1,469 Platinum Tees
    shakey wrote:

AChapa8807 wrote:

Chap---you getting the Covert Staff bag or keeping the 20xi?

I'll be getting the covert bag as a graduation gift this summer. I have seen it in person and its real nice. Once that comes in I'm gonna keep extra shafts, putters and woods in the 20XI bag.
    Posted:
    Mizuno MP 64 - 4-PW S300
  • philsRHmanphilsRHman  1362WRX Points: 177Members Posts: 1,362 Platinum Tees
    For the life of me, I can't find a list of custom shafts available, but it seems like you guys aren't just ordering them blind. Have you found a fitting cart, or just going off what you know you already like? I contacted GG near me and they don't have anything in house other than the stock shafts. Any ideas in NJ where to hit multiple shafts?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MizunofanMizunofan Northern NJ (NYC Metro area) 599WRX Points: 55Handicap: 10.0Members Posts: 599 Golden Tee
    philsRHman wrote:

For the life of me, I can't find a list of custom shafts available, but it seems like you guys aren't just ordering them blind. Have you found a fitting cart, or just going off what you know you already like? I contacted GG near me and they don't have anything in house other than the stock shafts. Any ideas in NJ where to hit multiple shafts?

I live in Northern NJ.

Call Tappan Golf, they are a high-end fitter that has demos of all the premium shafts (Fujikura, Mitsubishi, Oban, Graphite Design, etc.). I'm not sure if they received their Covert demo heads yet, last time I checked was a few weeks ago.
    Posted:
    MARUMAN Conductor Pro-X 9* + Fujikura Prototype shaft
    Mizuno MP Titanium + Fujikura Fit-On-11! Pro95s
    TourStage X-UT 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
    Irons: Mizuno MP-37/30 + DG S300
    Mizuno MP-T5/TM Tour Preferred/Mizuno MP-T5
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.