Buying clubs

Top Dog ·  
Top DogTop Dog Jr. Boomers  186WRX Points: 0Posts: 186
Do your parents allow you to buy lots of clubs. My dad rarely lets me buy any and I wondered if this is common. Even if it is my own money it is usually a case of "You don't need it" when I usually do for one reason or another.
Posted:

Comments

• DaveyHDaveyH Jr. Boomers  2139WRX Points: 55Posts: 2,139 Platinum Tees
    My parents only buy things when i need them.But with my own money they leave it to me to waste it image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • lhsgolfer2lhsgolfer2 Members  403WRX Points: 0Posts: 403
    my mom lets me buy whatever i want, my money is my money, as long as i can pay my bills, i'm golden.

mike
    Posted:
  • dragongolferdragongolfer Jr. Boomers  58WRX Points: 0Posts: 58
    My parents are usually catious of what I buy. Like if I give them a good or reasonable explanation to why I need the clubs, then I would be allowded to buy them with my money.
    Posted:
  • emcemc Jr. Boomers  987WRX Points: 0Posts: 987
    They aren't in favour of me uying new clubs but I usually get my way. Now though I've kind of realised that I should stick with what I have in order to improve, doesn't stop me droolin' tho!
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    My dad is obsessed with equipment like I am so we buy and sell all the time.
    Posted:
  • ebennebenn Members  507WRX Points: 0Handicap: 15Posts: 507
    Isn't it funny how it goes from "parents won't let me buy....."

to "wife won't let me buy...."

It never end boys...find a woman who appreciates golf and equipment....whether it be running shoes or whatever.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DaCorbsterDaCorbster Jr. Boomers  680WRX Points: 0Posts: 680
    my parents will let me buy whatever i want with my money....but when it comes to them buying it they never will. i snapped my driver and they didnt contribute a penny!
    Posted:
  • Rabidpenguin45Rabidpenguin45 Gotta love tour preffered knitts Members  1463WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,463
    Sometimes i have to persuade them to let me buy stuff. just because i have the money doesnt mean i can always but what i want, but i normally can buy what i need\want. Since my bag is set(for now) i am spending my money on clothes, and collecting oem headcovers.(DONATIONS ACCEPTED LOL)
    Posted:
  • sbgolfersbgolfer Members  120WRX Points: 0Posts: 120
    I went through a time during the summer where I wanted to try almost every putter, but my dad would not buy anything for me... so I realized that I could sell something on Ebay and then use the money from the putter I sold to buy a new one. So now I just buy something, sell it, buy something... I've gone through about 7 putters now LOL
    Posted:
  • G-regG-reg Members  141WRX Points: 0Posts: 141
    When i first started buying clubs they were cautious and i needed a good reason but now i just get what i want and can afford and they assume im making a good decision which I sometimes am..
    Posted:
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers  466WRX Points: 0Posts: 466
    Right now I have some new clubs and i'm buying them with my own $. I don't know it's weird, I feel better buying golf clubs like that for some reason. It is kind of lame though because now i'm broke!!! ahhh
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • vinnyv20032003vinnyv20032003 Lefty Boomers  549WRX Points: 1Posts: 549 Golden Tee
    Yeah my parents have never bought me clubs so I go about my business buying whatever I feel like as long as I have the cash. But I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted over the years lol
    Posted:
  • nick gaddynick gaddy Members  49WRX Points: 0Posts: 49
    My dad only lets me buy golf clubs and based on other peoples opinions.By the way I don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted:
  • PvgolferPvgolfer Los Angeles, CAMembers  365WRX Points: 60Posts: 365 Greens
    Nick Gaddy how only are you? and y are you still playin USKG clubs?
    Posted:
  • golfalot333golfalot333 Jr. Boomers  261WRX Points: 0Posts: 261
    My parents let me spend my money on whatever I want, as long as I save the majority of what i make at work. that being said, I am looking to buy a mil spec 350G ...but they are really expensive on ebay...
    Posted:
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers  543WRX Points: 0Posts: 543
    Most parents will be skeptical if you go up and say, "I think that I need a new (Insert expensive equipment here)." If you do that you're going to hit a wall, because there is no evidence that you need said equipment other than your feelings. BUT if you present tangable evidence, such as a fitting sheet or other supporting data, then you stand a much greater chance of getting them to agree.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • IROC peteIROC pete 1986 Iroc-Z28 :-) Members  84WRX Points: 0Posts: 84
    The only time my parents bought me clubs was the first day after making my high school's golf team without a 3 wood or driver. A friend of mine convinced my mom that I looked like a fool without half decent clubs.

Since "getting started" ive been hoeing in clubs (with my own money) without major complaining on my parent's behalf.
    Posted:
  • Range-Rat Range-Rat Jr. Boomers  587WRX Points: 0Posts: 587
    I would say my dad is a club ho, he has X-Forged irons, Ping i 10's, Apex edges, Never Compromise Milled #7, Odyssey DFX mallet, Odyssey wite hot, guerin rife 2

burner tp, Superquad TP, r7 tp, ft-5. So he is pretty undeerstanding when i buy clubs. BTW i just dropped 700 image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' /> on my new i 10's (worth every penny...)

Cavity-Blade
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Gregg TGregg T Members  21WRX Points: 0Posts: 21
    I can buy what I want if I really want to, but my dad prefers I don't. Instead, he gets to buy all the new clubs and I get them when he is done with them. To this day I still don't have my own set. Every club in my bag once belonged to him, but I guess I can't complain. I hit decent irons, X-18's, but I still have wedges that are a decade old and the first R7 Quad, which is about 5 years old.
    Posted:
  • steelmonkfruitsteelmonkfruit The Ball is your Friend! Members  292WRX Points: 0Posts: 292
    your dad has good taste image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Cavity-Blade wrote on Jun 13 2008, 08:59 PM:
    I would say my dad is a club pimp, he has X-Forged irons, Ping i 10's, Apex edges, Never Compromise Milled #7, Odyssey DFX mallet, Odyssey wite hot, guerin rife 2

burner tp, Superquad TP, r7 tp, ft-5. So he is pretty undeerstanding when i buy clubs. BTW i just dropped 700 image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> on my new i 10's (worth every penny...)

Cavity-Blade
    Posted:
  • projamieprojamie 2 iron in the MBs? Could have alot of fun with that... Members  812WRX Points: 0Posts: 812
    My parents didnt used to let me spend a penny... It got to the point i just didnt tell them... They notice the odd thing every now and then...

They havnt seen my 5 wood, Diamana, new bettinardi, my other new bettinardi, my Yes! and i was lucky that my wedges were cheap considering what they were, they noticed those... I just keep the same head covers on and they never notice...

They allways say you buy new clubs but cant pay for this or that... blah blah blah... Its lucky petrol prices have risen otherwise i wouldnt have an excuse for the odd £300 here and there lol....
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DaveyHDaveyH Jr. Boomers  2139WRX Points: 55Posts: 2,139 Platinum Tees
    i bet it was hard explaining the £2000 that went out for that 009 haha
    Posted:
  • projamieprojamie 2 iron in the MBs? Could have alot of fun with that... Members  812WRX Points: 0Posts: 812
    Again, the Mizuno Bettinardi headcovers hiding that beauty... If they were to see it they would just think its another piece of metal... I could probably say it was £50 from my mate, they wouldnt know any different lol...
    Posted:
  • woodmontwoodmont Marietta, GA 92WRX Points: 50Posts: 92 Bunkers
    My wedges and woods frequently get stolen so I have to replace them alot but my dad will never allow me to get more than two clubs per year but he gets new equipment every other month or so. I need a new driver and a new lob wedge and a new Gap wedge. And ontop of all that I need new shafts.
    Posted:
    9.5deg Titleist 913 D3/Tour AD DI 7X
    15 Titleist 906f2/MR Diamana Blue 103x
    21deg Adams A12 Pro black/Matrix Ozik
    4-PWCallaway RazrX MB/KBS C taper Xstiff
    Vokey SM4 51, 56, 60/DG X100
    Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"
  • Range-Rat Range-Rat Jr. Boomers  587WRX Points: 0Posts: 587
    woodmont wrote on Jul 2 2008, 12:52 PM:
    My wedges and woods frequently get stolen so I have to replace them alot but my dad will never allow me to get more than two clubs per year but he gets new equipment every other month or so. I need a new driver and a new lob wedge and a new Gap wedge. And ontop of all that I need new shafts.

Where do u live if your clubs get stolen that often??? lol no man i feel ur pain

Cavity-Blade
    Posted:
  • woodmontwoodmont Marietta, GA 92WRX Points: 50Posts: 92 Bunkers
    Cavity-Blade wrote on Jul 2 2008, 07:47 PM:
    woodmont wrote on Jul 2 2008, 12:52 PM:

Where do u live if your clubs get stolen that often??? lol no man i feel ur pain

Cavity-Blade

I live in upstate Georgia at Woodmont Golf and Country Club. It's a sort of rough place maybe 40 or 50 miles from Atlanta.
    Posted:
    9.5deg Titleist 913 D3/Tour AD DI 7X
    15 Titleist 906f2/MR Diamana Blue 103x
    21deg Adams A12 Pro black/Matrix Ozik
    4-PWCallaway RazrX MB/KBS C taper Xstiff
    Vokey SM4 51, 56, 60/DG X100
    Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

Advertisement
  • Mark_CrossanMark_Crossan Members  283WRX Points: 85Posts: 283 Greens
    i did a finance deal at american golf and i spent £1000 and only need to pay £10 a week and i have a job and i get £22.50 for a 4.5 hour shift so i got a great deal, finance is worth it
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.