Washington State Golf Course Reports

Comments

• Hard2bHombelHard2bHombel Members  13WRX Points: 0Posts: 13
    Courses in eastern wa are in pretty decent shape. Golfed Sun Dance last week, and it was in fantastic shape. A couple of ground under repair spots, but the greens were surprisingly good.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Seattle_MaslowSeattle_Maslow Members  170WRX Points: 69Posts: 170 Fairways
    Redmond Ridge yesterday. Fairways were in good shape, didn't notice the flooded bunker, so I'd say it dried out.
    Posted:
    G25 9.5 TFC 189 Stiff
    G25 3W
    G25 3 Hy
    Apex Pro 4-A, KBS Tour V Stiff
    Vokey SM5 56-14k, Vokey SM5 60-08F
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport Fastback
  • Ben TangBen Tang Birdie-Bogey Members  197WRX Points: 40Posts: 197 Fairways
    Elk Run today. Course is in good condition. Greens were soft and smooth, but so slow......
    Posted:
    Titleist 913 D2 9.5
    Ping I20 3W 14*
    Titleist 913 19*
    Adams CMB 3-P X100
    Vokey SM6 52* & 58*
    Nike Method 006
  • TheMackDaddyTheMackDaddy SEATTLEJr. Boomers  4742WRX Points: 130Handicap: 0-10Posts: 4,742 Titanium Tees
    My dad plate trophy this morning, he said course was in beautiful shape an greens were as good as he had seen, rolling around 11 and smooth.
    Posted:
  • tbhuskie8tbhuskie8 ClubWRX  427WRX Points: 60Handicap: 0.1Posts: 427 Greens

My dad plate trophy this morning, he said course was in beautiful shape an greens were as good as he had seen, rolling around 11 and smooth.

They were awesome when I played there on Saturday. The only issue we had on the greens was dealing with the 20+ mph winds!
    Posted:
  • evanmevanm Seattle/Bay Area Members  169WRX Points: 55Handicap: 2Posts: 169 Fairways
    Auburn's greens have really sped up since punching them and healed from where they were before, kinda weird playing greens with that kinda speed and such little break.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 9 degree Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec 60X
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 3 wood Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75x
    Srixon Z U65 18 GD Tour AD 95X
    Honma 737vn 5-10 DG S400 AMT Tour Issue, 737P 4 iron 
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 60/6, 56/10, 52/10 DG S400 Tour Issue
    Ping Vault Anser 2

Advertisement
  • TMBobTMBob Members  5375WRX Points: 62Handicap: 5Posts: 5,375 Titanium Tees
    Lake Chelan Muni was really good...little snow mold. Green very good but not old school fast...just fast enough to know that you are in Eastern Wa.
    Posted:
  • kmartelkmartel Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    Mill Creek Country Club is in amazing shape already. Greens are rolling 12's. I was just in Arizona 2 weeks ago playing my courses down there and the greens were not a whole lot faster. In my 15 years at Mill Creek, I have never seen it in this good of shape this early. In the past the fairways and roughs would swell up because of bad drainage. Right now you would be lucky to find a wet spot. Todays rain + a week of sun, this course is going to be pristine come the weekend. PM me if you want to play! It's about $70 per round cart not included.
    Posted:
  • dave williedave willie Members  839WRX Points: 107Posts: 839 Golden Tee
    Lake Spanaway was in good shape on Saturday. The fairways were surprisingly firm, and the rough was also in good shape. I played the ball down all day, in spite of winter rules still being in effect. The greens still had some bad areas where they are spot-sanded heavily trying to get them to fill in.
    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5 HZRDUS 6.0 55g
    Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
    Mavrik Pro 20 hybrid KBS 80-S
    Ping i210 4-PW AWT 2.0 R
    Cleveland 588 50* & 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Cameron Del Mar 2 Tei
  • sporto98sporto98 gangsta Members  244WRX Points: 67Posts: 244 Bunkers
    Lake Wilderness is playing pretty good. Greens are fantastic right now, firm, fast and true. Didn't have to punch this spring, except a few that needed drainage help. Fairways pretty decent, rough thickening up. Tee boxes need some sun and seed
    Posted:
  • j_woodyj_woody Members  30WRX Points: 57Posts: 30 Bunkers
    I played Whitehorse over in Kingston over the weekend. Greens were firm, and decently quick. Overall course was in good shape with a few wet spots here and there. Pins were brutal, like a US Open day tournament, not sure if it was for something particular or someone just pissed off the superintendent??
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • j_woodyj_woody Members  30WRX Points: 57Posts: 30 Bunkers
    One more update - played over at Suncadia last weekend. Played Rope Rider, it was in great shape other than 30mph winds. Greens were very receptive (a couple were still recovering from being punched), and rolling pretty true. Definitely want to get back and play the other two courses.
    Posted:
  • evanmevanm Seattle/Bay Area Members  169WRX Points: 55Handicap: 2Posts: 169 Fairways
    West Seattle was surprisingly soggy in some areas, but didn't affect play at all, fairways are a bit soft and greens are so-so, still healing from the punching nearly a month ago. But then again the greens are very hit and miss at West Seattle, so it's ready to go I guess.
    Posted:
    Ping Vault Anser 2
  • Seattle_MaslowSeattle_Maslow Members  170WRX Points: 69Posts: 170 Fairways
    Bellevue Muni today. Playing great.
    Posted:
    G25 9.5 TFC 189 Stiff
    G25 3W
    G25 3 Hy
    Apex Pro 4-A, KBS Tour V Stiff
    Vokey SM5 56-14k, Vokey SM5 60-08F
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport Fastback
  • jamiejamie Lefty Boomers  1168WRX Points: 173Handicap: 3Posts: 1,168 Platinum Tees
    Anyone play the Links Course at Hawks Prairie recently?
    Posted:
    PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G410 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
    PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
    PING VALOR CB 35"
    Btw, I saw Lake Wilderness mentioned above. Great deal for anyone looking for cheap golf. Their website has a deal for 2 for 1 twilight which is just after noon and the handful of times I've been out there it is usually pretty quiet.
    Posted:
    Ping Vault Anser 2

Advertisement
  • bpark1210bpark1210 Pacific Dunes #2 Members  1977WRX Points: 51Handicap: 8.6Posts: 1,977 Platinum Tees
    I've been around for the month of April so let's see what I can contribute:

Master week went out for an annual trip w/ the pro shop buddies to Chelan:

Desert Canyon - Greens are suffering from fungus. They've been real proactive about trying to contain the fungus by cutting out little circles of infected areas. The greens rolled great (prob 10) but we were a little disappointed at the level of how much the fungus has overtaken the place.

Bear Mtn Ranch - Great condition. Have never seen the place so green. Lush fairways and greens but slow. Spongy greens much like the Seattle Muni's but rolling a hair faster.

Back in Seattle/Puget Sound area:

Home Course - played on April 17th. Punched and sanded greens. Very slow but dry as always.

WA Nat'l - April 25th, Playing great. Haven't seen holes 2/3/4 this dry early in the season ever. Greens were great, a little on the soft side. Not terribly slow, but slow for WA Nat'l.

Lake Spanaway - Last two Sundays (helping a buddy prep for the PAT going on today) Course itself is expected of what PGC offers. Fairways are great and lush green. The putting surfaces are spotty especially on hole 3 the first par 3, suffering from a fungus growth and almost gaurantee the pin location on the PAT will be playing back quarter of the green. Surprised at how well Spanaway drains for a PGC course. **Forgot to add that the bunkers at Spanaway are excellent, I swear I hit every **** one but it was nice and compact with a soft layer on top, you can really swing hard at them to get some good check**

White Horse - May 1st. Just sanded this past Monday. First couple of holes are way over top dressed with sand. We could see piles of sand from the gaitors tracks. The later holes got better but fairways were excellent as always. I'd give them about 2 wks and it should be pristine. Pro shop told us they used a new pin hole size aerator that speeds up healing time (similar to the Home Course). That's great and all but the grounds crew should learn how to top dress w/ sand. Also doesn't help that they use a large grain sand there for top dressing and bunkers. I can only assume they use the larger grain to keep things drier on the drainage side for their greens. It was a great deal though so no complaints. $25 for all day play w/ cart.

May hit up Trophy w/ the reports i just read in this thread (great thread idea by the way!) Will report my findings
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
    Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
    TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
    Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
    Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
    Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
    Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
    Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
    Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
    Piretti Teramo CS
    Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
    WITB Link
  • bpark1210bpark1210 Pacific Dunes #2 Members  1977WRX Points: 51Handicap: 8.6Posts: 1,977 Platinum Tees
    jamie wrote:

Anyone play the Links Course at Hawks Prairie recently?

Hawks punched the Woodlands about 4 wks ago and the Links course about 3 wks ago. We were going to play there this past Weds but found a better deal at White Horse.
    Posted:
    Piretti Teramo CS
    Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
    WITB Link
  • RJfisherRJfisher Members  177WRX Points: 0Posts: 177
    Redmond Ridge (again) on May 1st. Drier this time around but still some spongy fairways here and there and the greens felt a little soft underfoot. I normally take healthy divots with my irons, but the softish turf caused a few beaver pelts throughout the round. Greens were rolling smooth and recovering nicely from aeration. Right side bunker on #2 still has standing water, the rest are pretty hard packed especially on #14 and greenside #18.

Quick rant: who's the guy not repairing his ball marks on all the greens? Seemed like every pin was surrounded with them, I probably fixed 30 myself.
    Posted:
    Played China Creek today. For what they are charging... The course is no good. Tee boxes were not cut evenly, fairways were okay at best. Greens were punched a month ago and are still really bumpy and super slow for new castle. I'd give them another couple weeks so the greens will be smooth as glass.
    Posted:
    Titleist 913 D2 9.5
    Ping I20 3W 14*
    Titleist 913 19*
    Adams CMB 3-P X100
    Vokey SM6 52* & 58*
    Nike Method 006
  • TheMackDaddyTheMackDaddy SEATTLEJr. Boomers  4742WRX Points: 130Handicap: 0-10Posts: 4,742 Titanium Tees
    Good to know Spanaway is in decent shape, I have high school leagues there on Tuesday.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members  4145WRX Points: 467Handicap: 8.2Posts: 4,145 Titanium Tees
    Kayak point yesterday. Greens were poor, lots of winter kill areas and they were slow slow slow. Rest of the course was in pretty decent shape.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 10.5 (9.5) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
    Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
    Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95CW R (2019 Forged Tec Modus 105 R trial run ) 
    Vokey SM7 50/8 F
    Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
    Vokey SM7 58/8 M 
    Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)/ Bettinardi BB1/ '16 Tiki
     Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1 / Snell MTB Black
    Couldn't find this thread yesterday and ended up posting in some old buried thread in the NW chapter. Copy and paste from that post:

bpark1210 wrote:

Just hit up Salish Cliffs GC today. It was hot 84º but man did Salish provide some of the most PRISTINE FAIRWAYS AND GREENS right now in the state. The greens were a little slower that what I previously remember about Salish but rolling so true. They punched over a month ago and it def does not reflect it. Greens are rolling the best out of any course I've played recently. The wind was pretty brutal for the first hour but it calmed down real quick. Not a whole lot of people out either, the marshals do a great job on spreading out tee times. We were early to our tee time and the marshall held us back at the top of the hill before hole #1 so that the group ahead of us could tee off in peace. Never seen that before and he mentioned they do it so the GPS cart can correctly time us on pace. Top notch when it comes to slow play issues with 10 min starting intervals instead of the backed up wait lines at some courses. Twilight at 3pm for $60 w/ cart and grass range time.
    Posted:
    Piretti Teramo CS
    Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
    WITB Link
  • FlyFishFlyFish FlyFish Members  1371WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,371
    Willows Run - Eagles Talon 5/9/2013

Fairways are a little rough with clumps of dried grass everywhere and lots of unfilled divots. The bunkers are concrete and are littered with small rocks. On the plus side, the greens are firm and rolling pretty well. The pace of play was a little on the slow side.
    Posted:
    Spanaway-

Great shape from the teebox until the green. They are really having a struggle maintaining them for some reason. I putted well on them, but they were kind of bumpy. Still a nice track but I wish they would stop using the cup protectors!

Trophy Lake- WOW! Haven't seen it in such great shape in maybe 5 years. Greens are true and around an 11, Fairways are money. The Teeboxes are not too spectacular, but the layout makes up for it. The bunkers have rocks in them, but the sand is good itself, and the white sand is legit. I love the feeling you get playing a course in the middle of nowhere, like Trophy.

Chambers- Not open for play until Saturday for punched greens (WTH Chambers, the nicest week of the year and you punch the greens? You want business? Don't punch the greens when its 84 degrees and blue sky!!!)
    Posted:
    Ben Tang wrote:

Played China Creek today. For what they are charging... The course is no good. Tee boxes were not cut evenly, fairways were okay at best. Greens were punched a month ago and are still really bumpy and super slow for new castle. I'd give them another couple weeks so the greens will be smooth as glass.

Normal stuff for up there...sooo overpriced.....I use the East Tee and that putting green is always slow, bumpy and untrue year round. My guess is that the courses greens cannot not be much better!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • gmu155gmu155 Members  268WRX Points: 0Posts: 268
    Jackson Muni. last Saturday..new course layout was ok.

Greens where really good, best muni greens I've seen so far this year.

Posted:
  • bassman_444bassman_444 Members  81WRX Points: 50Posts: 81 Fairways
    Has anyone played Chambers Bay recently? I'm coming in from out of town on Thursday and looking to take advantage of the (relatively) lower rate in May.
    Posted:

Has anyone played Chambers Bay recently? I'm coming in from out of town on Thursday and looking to take advantage of the (relatively) lower rate in May.

Will be waiting for a report back as I will be there Sunday...greens punched on May 9th MD says
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Played Maplewood yesterday before the rain, good condition. Greens running true, no complaints here.
    Posted:
    Titleist 913 D2 9.5
    Ping I20 3W 14*
    Titleist 913 19*
    Adams CMB 3-P X100
    Vokey SM6 52* & 58*
    Nike Method 006

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.