QMany's Swing/Sticks (KS Mid-Am Team Champion p. 125)

1122123125127128133
133

Comments

  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3722
    En route...

    headcovers-2018-odyssey-make-it-rain-mallet_1___1.png?sfrm=png&sw=600

    "Make it rain on them hoes." Lil' Wayne.
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee...  3066WRX Points: 155Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 3,066
    Joined:  #3723
    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • northgolfnorthgolf Pork  4124WRX Points: 223Members Posts: 4,124
    Joined:  #3724
    QMany wrote:

    Togatown22 wrote:


    Q; how are you liking the SuperSpeed Golf system a week or so in? Just ordered them, looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks!




    I like it so far! I do wish I had a radar unit, but I'm not dropping another $100. I am pleasantly surprised, it isn't an easy workout. I find myself sweating pretty hard and having to take a break or two. I don't necessarily care about my top-end all-out speed. But I want to be able to swing what feels like in-control 80% but with my previous all-out CHS.




    The 3 swings per stick in the intro level is by design. After 3 full out swings, the ATP in your muscle cells is depleted. At that point, you need to pause for a full minute to give your mitochondria sufficient time to replenish the ATP.



    Even when you move to the 5 swing protocol, you need to break for a minute after 3 full outs. The chemical reactions that regenerate ATP don't get faster and so far no one has figured out how to increase per cell mitochondria population.
    Posted:
    If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  edited Mar 5, 2018 #3725
    Quick update...



    Driver



    Last season, I played the Epic 9.0 + Tensei Pro Blue 70X I was fit for at the Callaway ECPC. I drove the ball noticeably and statistically better than I ever have. I still think there is a little to be desired, I notice it isn't quite as forgiving on the high-toe which I frequent too often. For the first time in a while, the new Taylormade drivers have me intrigued.



    I picked up an identical Tensei Pro Blue 70X and also a Tensei Pro White 70X built to the same specs with Taylormade tips. As soon as my club gets their 8.5 M3 and M4 heads, I will have a little shootout! I have some Edwins Watts credit stored away and will probably order the winner.



    28577554_854321676002_6337305394061010180_n.jpg?oh=71e1f82267700c7bad73bd101a74f01a&oe=5B4BD1D0



    While I was at the range yesterday, I introduced myself to a new member. After awhile, I noticed he was hitting the M4 and tinkering with some Hzrdus shafts. I asked him how he liked it and he offered to let me hit his M4 9.5. First, I was pleasantly surprised how good it looks behind the ball. It just seems bigger and easier to align compared to the Epic. It just seems more "neutral" where the Epic is pear-shaped and open to my eye. Second, it sounds/feels great! I was expecting a Ping-ier sound, but it was muted and solid. Finally, the flight: I would guess it lauches 2* higher and has about 30 foot higher apex compared to my 9.0 Epic (apples to apples shafts).



    Ball



    I have played the Srixon ZStar XV for 3-4 years now. It is a phenomenal ball and I have sung its praises all over GolfWRX. I'm still very happy with it. I was given some TP5X to test recently and am pleasantly surprised. I had heard nothing but good things about the ball, and I probably should have tested it sooner, but I had about 12 doz. XV stashed away for the 2017 season. Now that my stash is depleted, it is fair game!



    28795962_854321531292_7939654429540153239_n.jpg?oh=ec45600041eff49e1685e5d03bc03c0d&oe=5B3E7095



    I have now had the opportunity to test the TP5X v. XV head-to-head over a few different days in varying conditions. I still need some more testing, specifically wedge distances and more with driver, but thought I could share my preliminary opinions. First, it flights high! It is the highest launch window and flight I have ever experienced. But it doesn't seem to balloon or get thrown around by cross or headwinds. It reminds me of a first-cut flyer. (I haven't experienced the flyer-like distance discrepancies some people have). There were two instances during a recent round with the TP5X where I was just shocked at how well it held its line despite a 20-25 MPH crosswind. The XV is a great wind-ball, but the TP5X might be better!



    Around the greens, it performs just like the XV, comically so:



    28575835_854321546262_5086726386449863960_n.jpg?oh=8e92e5f4e4244c4ed4dccefb223db9ce&oe=5B409965

    (20 yard pitch)



    28472157_854321571212_5876405053937376544_n.jpg?oh=3223fd14c9ea93d9b2273327b97ab3b8&oe=5AFFEC18

    (40 yard wedge flighted into the wind)



    Apart from the performance comparison, the TP5X feels incredibly! Nice and soft. The XV is just a hard ball, probably one of the hardest on the market. I need more testing, but as of right now, I would probably give the edge to the TP5X. I just wish it came in yellow! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3726
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • northgolfnorthgolf Pork  4124WRX Points: 223Members Posts: 4,124
    Joined:  #3727
    QMany wrote:






    That's gaudy, if I didn't know your game, I would chide you. Knowing your game, I ain't going there no way no how.
    Posted:
    If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3728
    northgolf wrote:


    That's gaudy, if I didn't know your game, I would chide you. Knowing your game, I ain't going there no way no how.




    Hahhahhhhhah. I know, I love it!
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • ryan983ryan983  760WRX Points: 145Handicap: +3Members Posts: 760
    Joined:  #3729
    http://youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v=l5aZJBLAu1E



    I would never hear the end of it from the guys I play with!
    Posted:
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  edited Mar 10, 2018 #3730
    Ball update:



    I played my first full round with the TP5X yesterday alongside CallawayLefty. I’m really impressed so far. One unplayable lie bogey and one three-putt bogey away from tying my career-best. It was only 50-60 degrees, so distances are not easy to judge. But it just seems to hold its line really well. I distinctly remember a few shots that really stood out to me. #10 is a short par five, and I had 208 up the hill into the wind. The ball was below my feet and I came up out of it. It felt like one of those shots that should have been flailing 15 yards short right into the deep bunker. Instead, it just held its line and was only about 5 yards short-right putting for eagle. It just doesn’t have much lateral movement. Every ball *looks* like a flier. But I’m still seeing sufficient spin on approaches and around the greens.



    For those that have tested/played the TP5X, what were your thoughts? Still playing it? Or why did you move on?
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals, 8275WRX Points: 298Handicap: 12.1Members Posts: 8,275
    Joined:  edited Mar 10, 2018 #3731
    QMany wrote:


    Irons



    While driver may take a little time to implement, I felt immediate improvement with my irons. Most importantly, the feels were more like big picture ideas, not specific manipulations. For me, with irons, I feel like I need to sit into my right side and keep my hands high and wide. Those are my only two feels. I am not consciously thinking about wrist angles, forearm roll, external rotation, etc.



    Proper Leg Work:



    [url="



    Sit into the Right: [url="




    Keep the Hands High: [url="



    Keep them Wide:

    [url="


    [url="




    Again, we started with “freezers.” GG wanted me to pause at the top and then really concentrate on sitting into the right side (as I have a tendency to slide left) and not let my arms get low or narrow. We started with freezers at 30%, then 60%, then 90%, rinse and repeat. After about 15 or so like that under his watchful eye, I started working on my own alternating 4-5 balls freezing at reduced speed and 4-5 balls full-speed without freezing. After a set or two, I flushed 5 straight at full-speed and turned around to tell GG how great it felt. He was getting everything on video the entire time. The swing previously posted was the last one in a set full-speed just thinking about sitting into my right side and keeping my hands high and wide.



    [media=]



    Practice



    One of the big takeaways was how I should practice and prepare for events. In the past, I’ll be the first to tell you I didn’t practice efficiently. I would hit balls more than anyone I know, but it probably wasn’t the best way to bring about a swing change. For example, I would grind for an hour or two hitting 9i after 9i at the 150 flag, maybe working on a specific feel, and then get disappointed if I wasn’t flagging it.



    GG talked to me a lot about moving between internal and external focus during a practice session. For example, set aside 10 balls and work on exaggerated moves sitting into the R and keeping the hands high at 50%. You can think about mechanics but don’t worry about where the ball goes! Then, set aside 10 balls and only think about targets, such as playing the iron point game. Alternate between those modes and it should help incorporate the change faster.



    Another good tip was using chalk if you are hitting off of mats. After GG had to leave for the night, I stayed and hit balls under the lights. I used the chalk to designate start lines and then adjusted body and swing path based on that to hit the desired shot.



    Chalk.jpg



    After my lesson, the University of Louisiana golfer and I played GG’s iron point games and his 30-70 drill, which I highly recommend. I’m going to incorporate them both into my weekly practice routines. The first time trying the 30-70 drill, my cumulative distance from the hole was 54’ or a little under 11’ per ball. I did it again at my course yesterday and am down to 39’.



    30_70.jpg



    I’m going to make a point to try to do it 2-3 times per week, keep track, and try to keep improving. (GG students’ record is 11’ which is absurd!)



    Unsolicited, GG sent me two videos Monday morning from his backyard recapping what we went over. We are going to stay connected and touch base every few weeks to see how I’m progressing. I think GG really understands the mechanics, but more importantly has showed me how to practice and prepare more efficiently going into my season.




    Well done
    Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • moony_12moony_12  89WRX Points: 42Members Posts: 89
    Joined:  #3732
    I went from TP5X to XV because I couldn't get it to spin enough generally with the irons. On top of that was the fliers that would appear from nowhere. I will say it's the softest feeling ball around though.
    Posted:
    M1 '16 RIP Phenom 70X
    Adams Idea PRO VST RIP Phenom 100X 17
    Wilson FG2 3I - RIP Phenom Hyb 95X
    Titleist CB 4-6 C-Taper X
    Titleist MB 7-PW C-Taper X
    Taylormade EF 50, 54
    SM6 58
    Odyssey 2 ball, Fatso 5.0
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3733
    moony_12 wrote:


    I went from TP5X to XV because I couldn't get it to spin enough generally with the irons. On top of that was the fliers that would appear from nowhere. I will say it's the softest feeling ball around though.




    I’d like to get some irons on Trackman with the TP5X. I haven’t experienced those phantom fliers in my limited practice, but I’ve heard of them. I find it really similar to the XV around the greens, just a lot softer.
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • diablocrusherdiablocrusher  190WRX Points: 94Handicap: 6.5Members Posts: 190
    Joined:  #3734
    I don't consistently play the TP5x but I did play several rounds last year with both the TP5x and the Chromesoft/Chromesoftx. My thoughts about the TP5x is I was generally getting 5-10yrds more per club with the ball. I do agree with you about saying it doesn't move off of it's line much, and I also thought it flew a lot higher than every other ball. Overall I thought both the TP5 and Chromesoft balls are solid choices. Can't really go wrong with either.
    Posted:
    Driver - Cobra King F6
    3 wood - Cobra F8
    Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
    Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    Putter - Yes! Callie
  • Fairways_and_GreensFairways_and_Greens Washington State 831WRX Points: 202Members Posts: 831
    Joined:  #3735
    What do freezers at 30, 60, and 90 percent mean?
    Posted:
    Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° EvenFlow White T1100 6.5
    Epic Flash Sub Zero 15°  EvenFlow black 6.5
    Z765 Modus3 125x
    Z765 51° Modus3125x
    SM6 56°/60° Super Peening Blue
    Nike Neo
    Z Star XV
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3736


    What do freezers at 30, 60, and 90 percent mean?




    Going to the top, freezing, and then hitting. And doing it at 30%, 60% and 90% speed. I was doing a few today, here was a 60%:



    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • northgolfnorthgolf Pork  4124WRX Points: 223Members Posts: 4,124
    Joined:  #3737
    I spent a few years playing tm balls because I liked how they play in the wind. Last fall I switched back to xv because I really love how it lands on the green, being able to throw darts just makes the game more fun for me. I might get back to low single digit instead of wallowing in the mid and high.
    Posted:
    If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee...  3066WRX Points: 155Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 3,066
    Joined:  #3738
    QMany wrote:


    Ball update:



    I played my first full round with the TP5X yesterday alongside CallawayLefty. I'm really impressed so far. One unplayable lie bogey and one three-putt bogey away from tying my career-best. It was only 50-60 degrees, so distances are not easy to judge. But it just seems to hold its line really well. I distinctly remember a few shots that really stood out to me. #10 is a short par five, and I had 208 up the hill into the wind. The ball was below my feet and I came up out of it. It felt like one of those shots that should have been flailing 15 yards short right into the deep bunker. Instead, it just held its line and was only about 5 yards short-right putting for eagle. It just doesn't have much lateral movement. Every ball *looks* like a flier. But I'm still seeing sufficient spin on approaches and around the greens.



    For those that have tested/played the TP5X, what were your thoughts? Still playing it? Or why did you move on?


    I was one who got the hot fliers out of the 5x when I tried it last year, but am beginning to think it was as much an issue with the irons I had in play as much as it was the ball. Seeing much higher and more consistent spin with Apex MB, which makes me wonder if the 5x wasn't so bad after all. Problem is the new Soft and Soft x are so vastly improved that I doubt the 5x will get another look.
    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7700WRX Points: 271Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,700
    Joined:  #3739
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Ball update:



    I played my first full round with the TP5X yesterday alongside CallawayLefty. I'm really impressed so far. One unplayable lie bogey and one three-putt bogey away from tying my career-best. It was only 50-60 degrees, so distances are not easy to judge. But it just seems to hold its line really well. I distinctly remember a few shots that really stood out to me. #10 is a short par five, and I had 208 up the hill into the wind. The ball was below my feet and I came up out of it. It felt like one of those shots that should have been flailing 15 yards short right into the deep bunker. Instead, it just held its line and was only about 5 yards short-right putting for eagle. It just doesn't have much lateral movement. Every ball *looks* like a flier. But I'm still seeing sufficient spin on approaches and around the greens.



    For those that have tested/played the TP5X, what were your thoughts? Still playing it? Or why did you move on?


    I was one who got the hot fliers out of the 5x when I tried it last year, but am beginning to think it was as much an issue with the irons I had in play as much as it was the ball. Seeing much higher and more consistent spin with Apex MB, which makes me wonder if the 5x wasn't so bad after all. Problem is the new Soft and Soft x are so vastly improved that I doubt the 5x will get another look.


    I think you are spot on about the fliers coming from the irons themselves and not so much the ball. I also think the CS/CSx will be the ball to beat in 2018.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • DNice26DNice26  4164WRX Points: 148Members Posts: 4,164
    Joined:  #3740
    I played the XV all last year. This year, I'm eyeing the Cally Chrome. Will be testing them out in Myrtle the week of the Masters.



    Any thoughts to trying those?
    Posted:

    TaylorMade M6 10.5, Graphite Design 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Issue 18, Aldila Tour Blue 7X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

    https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7700WRX Points: 271Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,700
    Joined:  #3741
    DNice26 wrote:


    I played the XV all last year. This year, I'm eyeing the Cally Chrome. Will be testing them out in Myrtle the week of the Masters.



    Any thoughts to trying those?




    I was surprised that you gamed the XV all year. I remember you not liking the sound or feel at first? XV is very long and great in the wind.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • DNice26DNice26  4164WRX Points: 148Members Posts: 4,164
    Joined:  #3742
    GC70 wrote:

    DNice26 wrote:


    I played the XV all last year. This year, I'm eyeing the Cally Chrome. Will be testing them out in Myrtle the week of the Masters.



    Any thoughts to trying those?




    I was surprised that you gamed the XV all year. I remember you not liking the sound or feel at first? XV is very long and great in the wind.




    $20 a dozen helped with the decision! lol....
    Posted:

    TaylorMade M6 10.5, Graphite Design 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Issue 18, Aldila Tour Blue 7X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

    https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • drewtaylor21drewtaylor21 I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious Las Vegas, NV 2854WRX Points: 162Members Posts: 2,854
    Joined:  #3743
    Q, did I see an ACE in your instagram story yesterday???
    Posted:
    Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
    2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
    TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
    Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
    Spider Tour Platinum 35"
    TP5x

    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en
  • CSaganCSagan  1027WRX Points: 105Members Posts: 1,027
    Joined:  #3744


    Q, did I see an ACE in your instagram story yesterday???




    Saw that too. He's so good he doesn't post a hole in one. #bigtimers #birdmayne
    Posted:
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee...  3066WRX Points: 155Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 3,066
    Joined:  #3745
    Pretty sure that was a throwback to last year, but I'm sure Q will be along to clarify.
    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3746
    bcflyguy1 wrote:


    Pretty sure that was a throwback to last year, but I'm sure Q will be along to clarify.




    Yeah, that came up on my timeline. First ace was a year ago. I thought I clarified it putting the date on there but tricked too many people. Hahah!
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3747
    QMany wrote:


    Quick update...



    Ball



    I have played the Srixon ZStar XV for 3-4 years now. It is a phenomenal ball and I have sung its praises all over GolfWRX. I'm still very happy with it. I was given some TP5X to test recently and am pleasantly surprised. I had heard nothing but good things about the ball, and I probably should have tested it sooner, but I had about 12 doz. XV stashed away for the 2017 season. Now that my stash is depleted, it is fair game!



    28795962_854321531292_7939654429540153239_n.jpg?oh=ec45600041eff49e1685e5d03bc03c0d&oe=5B3E7095



    I have now had the opportunity to test the TP5X v. XV head-to-head over a few different days in varying conditions. I still need some more testing, specifically wedge distances and more with driver, but thought I could share my preliminary opinions. First, it flights high! It is the highest launch window and flight I have ever experienced. But it doesn't seem to balloon or get thrown around by cross or headwinds. It reminds me of a first-cut flyer. (I haven't experienced the flyer-like distance discrepancies some people have). There were two instances during a recent round with the TP5X where I was just shocked at how well it held its line despite a 20-25 MPH crosswind. The XV is a great wind-ball, but the TP5X might be better!



    Around the greens, it performs just like the XV, comically so:



    28575835_854321546262_5086726386449863960_n.jpg?oh=8e92e5f4e4244c4ed4dccefb223db9ce&oe=5B409965

    (20 yard pitch)



    28472157_854321571212_5876405053937376544_n.jpg?oh=3223fd14c9ea93d9b2273327b97ab3b8&oe=5AFFEC18

    (40 yard wedge flighted into the wind)



    Apart from the performance comparison, the TP5X feels incredibly! Nice and soft. The XV is just a hard ball, probably one of the hardest on the market. I need more testing, but as of right now, I would probably give the edge to the TP5X. I just wish it came in yellow! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />




    I bought a new box of TP5X and went straight to practice 30-70 yard wedges head to head. The spin profile seems very similar to the XV I’m used to. I do have to say, I’m a little disappointed in the cover durability. They scuffed after ONE 30-70 yard wedge shot with a worn 15 month old wedge.



    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D  4034WRX Points: 191Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 4,034
    Joined:  #3748
    QMany wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    Quick update...



    Ball



    I have played the Srixon ZStar XV for 3-4 years now. It is a phenomenal ball and I have sung its praises all over GolfWRX. I'm still very happy with it. I was given some TP5X to test recently and am pleasantly surprised. I had heard nothing but good things about the ball, and I probably should have tested it sooner, but I had about 12 doz. XV stashed away for the 2017 season. Now that my stash is depleted, it is fair game!



    28795962_854321531292_7939654429540153239_n.jpg?oh=ec45600041eff49e1685e5d03bc03c0d&oe=5B3E7095



    I have now had the opportunity to test the TP5X v. XV head-to-head over a few different days in varying conditions. I still need some more testing, specifically wedge distances and more with driver, but thought I could share my preliminary opinions. First, it flights high! It is the highest launch window and flight I have ever experienced. But it doesn't seem to balloon or get thrown around by cross or headwinds. It reminds me of a first-cut flyer. (I haven't experienced the flyer-like distance discrepancies some people have). There were two instances during a recent round with the TP5X where I was just shocked at how well it held its line despite a 20-25 MPH crosswind. The XV is a great wind-ball, but the TP5X might be better!



    Around the greens, it performs just like the XV, comically so:



    28575835_854321546262_5086726386449863960_n.jpg?oh=8e92e5f4e4244c4ed4dccefb223db9ce&oe=5B409965

    (20 yard pitch)



    28472157_854321571212_5876405053937376544_n.jpg?oh=3223fd14c9ea93d9b2273327b97ab3b8&oe=5AFFEC18

    (40 yard wedge flighted into the wind)



    Apart from the performance comparison, the TP5X feels incredibly! Nice and soft. The XV is just a hard ball, probably one of the hardest on the market. I need more testing, but as of right now, I would probably give the edge to the TP5X. I just wish it came in yellow! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />




    I bought a new box of TP5X and went straight to practice 30-70 yard wedges head to head. The spin profile seems very similar to the XV I'm used to. I do have to say, I'm a little disappointed in the cover durability. They scuffed after ONE 30-70 yard wedge shot with a worn 15 month old wedge.







    I love the chromesoft for it's durability, can sometimes use a ball for a couple of rounds.



    don't tend to scuff it up too much with pured toe strikes image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x

    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab #7 34" w/ P2 Aware Tour

    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83  5669WRX Points: 426Members Posts: 5,669
    Joined:  #3749
    i noticed the same durability issue with tp5x. With prov1x minor scuffs I can still play with, when the txp5x scuffed it was almost unplayable.
    Posted:
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9158WRX Points: 283Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,158
    Joined:  #3750
    Going into this season, about all I needed was a new LW. I was testing a few different manufacturers and grinds when Forth Worth Pro reached out to me and offered to put me in touch with Mike Taylor at Artisan. I knew about MT from his work on Tiger's clubs and The Oven trips; one of the trip-goers I respect spoke highly of him. So I dove in head-first!



    Fast-forward 3 long weeks, and my Artisan masterpiece was delivered today.



    29433304_857358120942_4001847343419064518_n.jpg?oh=aee1bc46a73cdca09d76ecbae2711e03&oe=5B28281A



    I knew MT could make me anything to my heart's desire aesthetically, but I was most concerned about the grind. My short game, specifically out of the sand and pitches 15-30 yards was not good last year. I also struggled with the gap between my 54 and 60 (75-90 yards). First, MT explained that he doesn't like 6* between wedges. 5* is doable, but 6* can be too much at that top end, especially if you're ever hitting the 60* hard. We decided to go with 58* to accompany my 50-54 setup.



    MT was extremely generous with his time. All-in-all, we spent about 3 hours on the phone talking about my game, how I play a variety of shots, what I struggle with, playing conditions, Tiger(!), etc. He asked me to send him videos of my chipping, pitching, and bunker techniques and photographs of my corresponding divots. He also wanted to see what I liked and didn't like in my previous wedges, including photographs. For example, my Callaway MD3 C Grind was a little too rounded on the leading edge and sat too high off the ground:



    29425981_857362003162_5972391677591738326_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5a9eb6ac8fcc28ebb609373d830e22c2&oe=5B75E502



    29469011_857362053062_6905763927032208247_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=fa8cfa5356d9fc9acc6bedb3701330a8&oe=5B27D2F4



    My older Taylormade TP was a better profile and leading edge height:



    29511869_857362063042_6508266839750727808_n.jpg?oh=0ec15c1a1e695a131317c45537e13542&oe=5B2D19A9



    29496373_857362058052_8174256347755890793_n.jpg?oh=898bd26b2f22ae94e5154907f7b0714f&oe=5B457CCD



    MT explained that with my shallow AOA and simple action, I wasn't getting the "money grooves" on the ball easily when playing a higher leading edge. It was all very insightful.



    In the end, he thought a "TW type neutral sole" with a "shallow bevel on the leading edge" would be perfect.



    29425887_857361294582_6362819187849570324_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=432785e21baf35aa4108aa5f6fbe20f3&oe=5B3A1935



    He was in constant communication, texting me progress pics during grinding and after he was satisfied.



    29472663_857361309552_8789069248344615581_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f615863179973eadaf15f6c78198a632&oe=5B49098F



    In the end, I think it turned out perfect.



    The profile at address is perfect to my eye. And I loved the MT Grind and initialed serial touch!



    29388973_857358125932_922166895072979196_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4ba1e5973f44c017cc5a407c62f4d470&oe=5B494A7C



    29468981_857358115952_1248902505465888584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1a905c5ef1cd1042f02d433675da96c7&oe=5B3EC476
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETX 4787WRX Points: 460ClubWRX Posts: 4,787
    Joined:  #3751
    That is one beautiful wedge!
    Posted:
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
133

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.