2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

FT-3 or Nike SQ

rockat5150

Which driver?
I am thinking of getting the FT-3 with a Fujikura TPS 26.3 vs. waitting for the Nike SQ with the same Fuji shaft. I'm mainly looking for distance and not worried about mishit. My SS is around 103 MPH. Any advice as to which one to get? I don't mind the sound of the FT-3 at all, nor the looks of the SQ. I know not many have tried the SQ, but any input would be great.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO question.

SQ!!

I haven't even hit it yet..  but the FT-3 feels and sounds horrible. 

Man, if the SQ is an improvement over the Ignite, it'll be a GREAT driver...  as the Ignite was a great driver already.

Get the SQ!!

48901[/snapback]

exactly the answer no one should have interest in... please refrain from declaring a winner based on only hitting one club... this is not what this site is about. :idhitit:

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

NO question.

SQ!!

Man, if the SQ is an improvement over the Ignite, it'll be a GREAT driver...  as the Ignite was a great driver already.

Get the SQ!!

48901[/snapback]

exactly the answer no one should have interest in... please refrain from declaring a winner based on only hitting one club... this is not what this site is about. :idhitit:

48918[/snapback]

Have you hit the SQ? What makes the carbon/titanium fusion so special? Did you have the 454 before your FT-3?

Its too bad we'll have to wait until november to even try the SQ (unless you've got connections). I know a few people who have ordered it already. As drivers go its priced pretty well, (if thats a factor) you can probably get for less then $300 while the Ft-3 will be closer to $400. Then again if you can't hit it well then it's a waste of $$ either way. I'm gonna wait to hit it before I decide to spend the $300.

NO question.

SQ!!

Get the SQ!!

48901[/snapback]

48918[/snapback]

Have you hit the SQ? What makes the carbon/titanium fusion so special? Did you have the 454 before your FT-3?

48936[/snapback]

Did I say anything bad about either one... in my sig I have a FT-3..it's 1/20 of the drivers I've had lately...yes I have had a 454 before my FT-3. The FT-3 is only in the bag because it's one of the highest ballspeed drivers I have hit lately and that's what I am looking for right now...Hell I thinking of just going back to my Tourstage J340 and say the hell for 400cc+ heads...my J340 is still the hottest faced driver I've ever owned.

What makes the carbon/Ti special.. who cares?.. Callaway technology in drivers and irons is for real.I can live with the sound and the feel is muted so I dont mind...I just want what everyone wants. Something that goes long and fairly straight and does not look like poo-poo from address. Will I give the SQ a try..yes but I will be waiting for the Tour 460 SQ because of the deeper face non-pancake look.

I just object to golfware post were he claims the SQ to be the winner when he has not hit it. That's blind loyality which is a game I dont play. I dont mind his opinion of the FT-3 because to each his own. Besides I like giving golfware a hardtime. :cheesy:

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

I am thinking of getting the FT-3 with a Fujikura TPS 26.3 vs. waitting for the Nike SQ with the same Fuji shaft.  I'm mainly looking for distance and not worried about mishit.  My SS is around 103 MPH.  Any advice as to which one to get?  I don't mind the sound of the FT-3 at all, nor the looks of the SQ.  I know not many have tried the SQ, but any input would be great.

48866[/snapback]

I can't comment on the SQ since I have never tried it, but two of the hottest drivers on the PGA tour are the R7 Quad and the FT-3. Players not sponsored by TaylorMade or Callaway are playing these drivers and these guys make a living off their golf game, and I think that says a lot. Having said that, if you really like the SQ then I would wait til it comes and then you can make an informed decision.

NO question.

SQ!!

Get the SQ!!

48901[/snapback]

48918[/snapback]

Here's is the reason I answered in the way that I did.

Yes, I had an FT-3 and have hit a 454 quite a bit. The FT-3 has a dead sounding feel. The FT-3 that I had only went right. I could not turn it over whatsoever. I just did not find it exceptionally forgiving, as others may atest to. Also, I didn't find it earth-shattering long either. I have found a Ping G5 and my R5 TP to be longer on mis-hits that the FT-3 that I had. I had one solid range session with the FT-3, followed by a miserable round with it, and futher lousy range sessions with it.

On the other hand, I have hit the Ignite 460 extensively, and found it to be a great driver. I was basing my comment on the presumption that the SQ will be an improvement over the Ignite.... thereby my statement was that the Ignite (IMHGO) was a great driver, thus the SQ should be a better one. This is based solely on a presumption that the engineers & designers at Nike have created a better driver than the Ignite.

Thank you for declaring my response null and void. My intent was to say that the FT-3 (IMHGO) is an okay club, but I don't feel it merits all the hoopla that it is receiving.

NO question.

SQ!!

Get the SQ!!

48901[/snapback]

48918[/snapback]

48936[/snapback]

Did I say anything bad about either one... in my sig I have a FT-3..it's 1/20 of the drivers I've had lately...yes I have had a 454 before my FT-3. The FT-3 is only in the bag because it's one of the highest ballspeed drivers I have hit lately and that's what I am looking for right now...Hell I thinking of just going back to my Tourstage J340 and say the hell for 400cc+ heads...my J340 is still the hottest faced driver I've ever owned.

What makes the carbon/Ti special.. who cares?.. Callaway technology in drivers and irons is for real.I can live with the sound and the feel is muted so I dont mind...I just want what everyone wants. Something that goes long and fairly straight and does not look like poo-poo from address. Will I give the SQ a try..yes but I will be waiting for the Tour 460 SQ because of the deeper face non-pancake look.

I just object to golfware post were he claims the SQ to be the winner when he has not hit it. That's blind loyality which is a game I dont play. I dont mind his opinion of the FT-3 because to each his own. Besides I like giving golfware a hardtime. :cheesy:

48965[/snapback]

Oh, that's cold man.... :cheesy:

I have hit the SQ and the FT3 at a demo day.

They both are good drivers. The SQ worked much better for me than the FT3. The draw version of the ft3 was a hook machine for me. I couldn't hit anything but slices and fades with the neutral. The distance was good. The feel and sound didn't bother me. With the right shaft It probably would be a good driver, but the stock offerings did not work for me.

The SQ I tried worked pretty good. The ball went pretty straight, and didn't balloon on me at all. It would take some getting used to the look, but I could get used to it. It worked just as good as an Ignite which is a good driver.

Neither worked as good for me as the Bridgestone J33R 460cc driver. With the NV I had perfect trajectory. For me this driver was one of the best I have ever hit. I would gladly take one of these over the ft3 or SQ.

To me the ft3 is not worth the money right now. I would be perfectly happier with other drivers that cost less. I don't want to spend $400 on a driver I will have to reshaft right away. They all are good drivers. The ft3 works better for some people, and the SQ will be perfect for others. The best way to decide is to get on a launch monitor hit them both and see what works best

We are all so different in what we want or like, demo both, or as many clubs as it takes to determine what works for YOU.

I think the FT-3 is a great driver, I have not hit the SQ and probably won't, I don't care to play anything Nike, that does not mean they don't make a good product, just not what " I" want.

Remember we all like what we like and you are free to feel that way, thats why they make chocolate and vanilla.

Good luck in your search, tough to get a good comparison as so few SQ are available to get a good feedback both positive and negative.

We are all so different in what we want or like, demo both, or as many clubs as it takes to determine what works for YOU.

I think the FT-3 is a great driver, I have not hit the SQ and probably won't, I don't care to play anything Nike, that does not mean they don't make a good product, just not what " I" want.

Remember we all like what we like and you are free to feel that way, thats why they make chocolate and vanilla.

Good luck in your search, tough to get a good comparison as so few SQ are available to get a good feedback both positive and negative.

49193[/snapback]

Out drove the FT-3 (shafted with Diamana 63 (s) 44 1/2") with my Alpha Reaction C830.2 SP-700 Ti face shafted to a Tour AD M-65 (x) 44 1/2" everytime. Have not come within 100 miles of the SQ! :idhitit:

Hey fellas' check out the Nike Sasquatch SQ Tour Edition with the Mitsubishi Diamana 83 gram shaft as stndard (not the one in the standard Sasquatch driver called 'Sasquatch Diamana' but the real Diamana 83 shaft) I consider buying this driver if the titleist 905R isn't going to be released soon:

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/NK756

$529.99 :idhitit:

The Tour Edt. has a deeper face and a slightly moderated head construction compared to the Non Tour Edt. of the Sasquatch.

nk756.jpg