*** 11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users and have any issues resetting your password, please email [email protected] We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Does your bag brand match your club(s)?

Comments

• mljones99mljones99  1849Members Posts: 1,849
    Had the Mizuno Kuma cart bag and ended up not liking it so now I'm using a 2014 Sun Mountain Hybrid.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bub72ckbub72ck  2472Members Posts: 2,472
    I used only Ping bags for 17 years until the most recent one I purchased in 2011 was a piece of junk. Have only owned one Ping club ever (Tisi driver). I was playing Taylormade clubs at the time and being new to the market for bags I bought a Taylormade Microlite for $70.00 and it has been a great bag. Will be going back to Titleist irons next year and was ready to buy a new bag after three season with the TM so I bought a Titleist Ultralight bag since it is basically the same as the TM. I wouldn't have to play the same brand of bag as clubs but it's just worked out that way the last few years.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Diamana S+ 60X
    Taylormade Jetspeed TI 16* Speeder 869 X
    Titleist 718 AP3 3-iron
    Titleist 714 AP2 TT DGX100 4-PW
    Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
    SIK Pro Custom
  • GeorgeLGeorgeL San Diego, CA 156Members Posts: 156
    Although I don't judge people whether their bag matches any of their clubs, I personally won't use a bag if I'm not gaming ANY of their gear. I recently went back to Sun Mountain because of this - I'm not sure which brands I'll be carrying in the next year since I'll be in the market for new clubs so I went with a non-club maker. Before this I had a Jones bag and also a Titleist staff bag (driver). It's funny that when I do happen to notice that a player's bag doesn't match their clubs the first things that come to mind are either that person has recently switched clubs or got a really good deal on the bag.
    Posted:
    Titleist 8.5* TS3 Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff
    Titleist 15* TS2 3W Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff
    Titleist 19* TS2 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 Stiff 
    Callaway Apex 19 4-AW TT Elevate 95 Stiff
    Cobra King Pur Wedge 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
    Cleveland CBX Wedge 60* TT 115g
     Odyssey V Line Arm Lock Putter
  • capboomercapboomer love my covert  90Members Posts: 90
    Yup. Nike baby.
    Posted:
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank  14800ClubWRX Posts: 14,800
    I've been playing Titlieist driver, fw, and hybrid, and a Cameron putter for quite a while, along with Mizuno irons and wedges. Recently decided to go to a bit more forgiving iron set. The set that I found for a decent price happened to be an older set of AP2s. Since I do like to match my irons and wedges, I also put in a pair of older Vokeys I had. Now, without really trying to I've ended up with an all Titleist bag. When I walk I do have a Titleist stand bag, but for the vast majority of my rounds now I use a SunMountain Hybrid.

But my driver is under a Pebble Beach headcover, and the 3wood and hybrid have Stitch covers on them. So even though they do match, it's not quite so obvious.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • smittysmitty  266Members Posts: 266
    I don't think I can get a left handed titleist bag, so I stick with Sun Mountain.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • rdmcdaidrdmcdaid  1014Members Posts: 1,014
    Ping carry and staff bag both white. And an Ogio cart bag for me
    Posted:
    Ping G30 9.0 Tour 80X
    Ping G25 4W
    Ping G30 21 7W Tour 65X
    Ping S55 4-PW S400
    Ping Eye2 Gorge S, L
    Byron Morgan DH89
  • alange_underparalange_underpar  594Members Posts: 594
    I'm trying to understand how it makes you a "poser" if you have the bag that matches your equipment? And the people who think that's the case, what is this the "I belong to GolfWRX so I'm a hipster golfer and none of my stuff matches which makes me a better golfer/cooler person than you?"
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 9.5 Diamana D+ 62s
    Adams Speedline Fast 10 15* Wasabi 70s
    Adams Speedline Fast 10 18* Wasabi 70s
    Adams Idea MB2 3-PW DG S300
    Titleist Vokey Sm6 Brushed Copper 56*M
    Titleist Vokey Sm6 Brushed Copper 60*M
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • GMHGMH  80Members Posts: 80
    I usually match my bag to my irons. I have a Mizuno carry bag, a Titleist cart bag, a Titleist carry bag, and a Callaway bag too.

But I've been looking for a new bag and thinking of picking up a Sun Mountain.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 915 D3 9.5* [/font]<br />[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16.5*[/font]<br />[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 915F 21*[/font]<br />[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-5 4-PW[/font]<br />[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey TVD 53* / 58*[/font]<br />[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bettinardi Queen B model 6[/font]
  • teehildenteehilden  282Members Posts: 282
    I didn't feel right with a bag of a different brand than all my clubs.
    Posted:
  • hankmoodyhankmoody Title Member  1821Members Posts: 1,821
    I use a 15 year old Ping Hoofer. Its relatively heavy, and I was thinking of buying a new bag. Since I recently switched to Mizuno irons, I checked into their other gear, inlcuding bags. The Aerolite 029 is cool, with their proprietary divider design. But I am hesitant to pull the trigger, to have "too much" Mizuno stuff. I guess a mix seems better to me.
    Posted:
    M6 10.5
    M4 3W & 19 H
    816h 21
    Titleist C16 5-AW
    SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
    Newport 2.5
    Chrome Soft/ERC Soft

Advertisement
  • SLIMER39SLIMER39  1205Members Posts: 1,205
    Im a Ogio guy when it comes to bags and i regreted matching my set with the bag Titleist doesnt make a comprable bag to Ogio.
    Posted:
  • Fourmyle of CeresFourmyle of Ceres  7829Unregistered Posts: 7,829
    I used to carry all my Ping clubs in a Ping 4-Series stand bag. Finally decided enough was enough with the idiotic tilting-floor mechanism stirring my grip together and making them incredibly frustrating to remove and replace from the bag.

It's a pity. The 4-Series is a wonderfully thought-out bag in every other aspect. Quality construction. The most comfy straps I've ever used. But dozens of times a round I have to stand there yanking on a club to get it out of the bag and it just ain't worth it.

So now all my Ping clubs are in a Titleist Ultralight stand bag. And just to make it ironic, I put my old backup set of Titleist clubs in the Ping 4-Series and stuck the whole thing in the closet.
    Posted:
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW Missouri 2684Members Posts: 2,684
    I've been using Titleist carry bag for nearly 2 years, I love where the pockets are located along with it's 4 way divider. Only other Titleist product that I'm using in this bag are Titleist Pro V1 balls. No Titleist clubs at all at this time and it does not bother me at all.
    Posted:
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0, Speeder Evolution 661 stiff(45")
    TM Aeroburner TP fw 15*, hybrids 19* & 22*
    Callaway '19 Apex Pro 5-PW S-Taper 120
    TM Bronze MG 52, 56 & 60 Modus Wedge 115
    Bobby Grace FCI 43"

• VTHOKIMVTHOKIM Once a Ho, Always a Ho  452Members Posts: 452
    I'm such a club Ho that I'll always have a club neutral bag like Sun Mountain.
    Posted:
    Driver: Epic SZ 10.5 665 Speeder
    FW & Hybrids: Epic 3 wood and 3, 4, 5 hybrids
    Irons: Yamaha Inpres X V Forged Recoil 110 F4
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/10, Callaway PM Grind 56/13 and 60/10
    Putter: Cameron 2016 Golo 3
  • one putzone putz  182Members Posts: 182
    Sun Mountain. I could play a club manufacturer but only if I bagged at least one of their clubs (or maybe if I was playing their ball). Same rule for hats.
    Posted:
    Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 9*
    Callaway X Hot 15*
    Adams a12 19*
    Callaway RAZR X 4-AW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 54*, 58*
    Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line

Advertisement
  • gophergutsgopherguts  2511Banned Posts: 2,511
    one putz wrote:

Sun Mountain. I could play a club manufacturer but only if I bagged at least one of their clubs (or maybe if I was playing their ball). Same rule for hats.

+1 !!!
    Posted:
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Bio Cell+
    Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23
    Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff
    TM xft wedge 64
    Scotty Futura X[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]ProV1x[/font]
  • theycallmebrucetheycallmebruce Long Time Lurker  129Lefty Boomers Posts: 129
    Sun Mountain 4.5 2013 model. Upgraded to this bag from a Sun Mountain 4.5 2011 model. Just a bag I like. Good storage room, lightweight enough to carry and goes on the back of a cart well when I don't carry.
    Posted:
    '14 Big Bertha Aldila Rogue
    X2Hot Pro 15 FW Aldila Rogue
    Apex Utility 21,24 UST Recoil
    Apex Pro 5-PW KBS Tour
    MD2 TG 52, 58, #7 Versa MXM
  • Sean2Sean2  30873Members Posts: 30,873
    No. I have an Ogio bag.
    Posted:
  • magdocjrmagdocjr Team Dead Cow; Free Tembolina!  641Members Posts: 641
    Titleist cart bag (710CBs sitting in the garage that were booted out by some MP-4s), i15s in the garage in a Sun Mountain carry bag. Vokey, Mizuno, and Cleveland wedges. TMag, i15, 910D3 drivers... Yes, club ho.... No Titleist equipment in my Titleist bag though... I might need to put some things on the BST before the wife starts noticing the collection of clubs in my corner of the garage.. LOL

**edit**

Forgot there is a Titleist club in my bag... Scotty GoLo or it could be the Califonia Coronado or the Newport Beach... just depends on the day I guess..

Yep I really need to sell some things...
    Posted:
  • BIG STUBIG STU  12018Members Posts: 12,018
    pat007 wrote:

Everything in my bag matches my TaylorMade carry bag.

Before you judge, I'm a TaylorMade staffer...
    My Irons match my bag Infiniti Staff and I am sorta an unofficial staffer I advertise for one of their club builders and promote their clubs on some of the Minis
    Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Old Adams 22* Pro Force Red
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60*
    Putter (for now) Original Standard Acushnet Bullseye

Advertisement
  • jvalhallajvalhalla  381Members Posts: 381
    Not really. My cart bag is an Ogio but I prefer walking and have a Ping Hoofer as well. I bought the bag because I liked it and it is now mainly stuffed full of Cobra. Maybe I'm a little odd, but I'd feel more awkward if my bag matched my clubs. Until somebody pays me, I will continue to be a mismatched guy whose glove, clubs, bag, shoes, hat and clothes aren't sourced from the same manufacturer.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra Fly-Z+
    Cobra Amp Cell 3w/Cobra Rail F 5w
    Cobra Amp Cell 2H
    Mizuno MP-59
    Mizuno MP-T4
    Ping Anser 2
  • minteqminteq  2857Members Posts: 2,857

I used to carry all my Ping clubs in a Ping 4-Series stand bag. Finally decided enough was enough with the idiotic tilting-floor mechanism stirring my grip together and making them incredibly frustrating to remove and replace from the bag.

It's a pity. The 4-Series is a wonderfully thought-out bag in every other aspect. Quality construction. The most comfy straps I've ever used. But dozens of times a round I have to stand there yanking on a club to get it out of the bag and it just ain't worth it.

So now all my Ping clubs are in a Titleist Ultralight stand bag. And just to make it ironic, I put my old backup set of Titleist clubs in the Ping 4-Series and stuck the whole thing in the closet.

I had the same issue, loved the bag, and even though I only carry 12 clubs, they would get a tangled together and would be **** to get out.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Hzrdus T800
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Hzrdus Smoke 70s
    Nike VPC 4-Aw
    Callaway PM 56/60
    Nike 006 Proto
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • spring7spring7  710Members Posts: 710
    Bought an original Hoofer a million years ago because it was the best stand bag at the time, bought another 12 years ago because the last one was great and I will probably buy another Hoofer this year for the same reason. I have had over a dozen different club brands in my bag, with Ping being in there a few times too.

Is does seem strange to me match an inferior bag to your clubs, just because it matches, and if you have a great bag and change clubs, it seems strange to change out a good condition bag that you are happy with.
    Posted:
    '17 M2 9.5*
    RBZ Tour 15* 
    816H1 21*
    U510 3i
    Hot Metal 5i/Hot Metal Pro MP 6-PW Recoil 95 
    CBX 51*/56*
    Eye2 61*
    Mullen 2
    Z-Star

• homergolfhomergolf Bay Village, OH 1679Members Posts: 1,679
    I've found the Ping Hoofer to be amazingly ergonomic. It balances perfectly and I like it better than even lighter bags. It does match my hybrids, and it is an exact match to the G20 driver headcover, which used to be in my bag.
    Posted:
    TS2 driver, 9.5, set at 10.25
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • Packman51Packman51 ZOC  12Members Posts: 12
    I tend to stick with "specialty brands" on particular items. I know that it's a common argument that Nike has not been in golf long enough to have quite figured it out, but I believe some of the top ranked golfers in he world would have a valid argument against that point. Sun Mountain makes some great bags and carts.
    Posted:
    Covert Tour Driver 11.5° ATTAS 4U 6S
    Covert Tour 3 FW 16° ATTAS 4U 7S
    Covert Tour 3 HY 20° ATTAS Elements 8HS
    VRS Forged Irons 4-PW Project X PXi 5.5
    VR Pro Wedge 52°/10°, 56°/DS, 60°/DS
    Method 001
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • Smithj36Smithj36  156Members Posts: 156
    TM bag matches driver, 3 wood and hybrid but bag is beat up and I am looking for a good Mizuno bag to match irons.
    Posted:
    Taylor Made R15 TP Matrix 6Q3 Red Tie
    Taylor Made M1 Matrix RUL 70
    Taylor Made 11 Rescue TP Aldila Voodoo
    Mizuno MP 53 4-PW
    Mizuno MP T10 Wedges
    Taylor Made Spider Tour Platinum
  • CactusGolfCactusGolf  1808ClubWRX Posts: 1,808
    You betcha!!

I've been a Ping carryer since 2001.

Going all Ping this season!
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2017 M1 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 65
    Taylormade M2 15* Matrix Black Tie 6M4
    Taylormade M2 18* Matrix Black Tie 6M4
    Taylormade PSi 4-PW KBS Tour
    Callaway MD3 50*/54*/58*
    Nike Method Origin B2-01
    Callaway Chrome Soft
    WITB Link
  • Mr.HappyStick5612Mr.HappyStick5612  6Members Posts: 6
    I have the Ogio chamber bag and I love it. I play all Taylormade besides my 4 vokey wedges. Love the bag and clubs. So I guess no I don't match my clubs to bag
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Agent JimAgent Jim  2804Members Posts: 2,804
    I wanted to switch to a white Ping Hoofer this year. My old 4 Under was worn down. I like Ping bags, and just happened to be playing G25's now. I used a Ping bag when I didn't have 1 Ping club in the bag. I got a great deal on a new G25 Hoofer, so that is what I have now. I really like the bag.
    Posted:
    TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
    TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
    Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
    PING G25 4-UW CFS
    Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
    Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
    WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights