ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Swizbeatz WITB new byron and M2 tour page 5

swizbeatzswizbeatz Advanced Members Posts: 5,579 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in What's In The Bag Photo Edition
null_zps6d3f2aa7.jpg

Driver - Nike VR Pro Str8 fit, 10.5, DI 6S, 44.5". Driver SS ranges from 103-110 and I haven't felt like I outswing the 6S at all.

null_zps5e431b07.jpg

4 wood - 17* Xhot pro with DI 7S shortened to 42". This replaced my sq2 early this season.

null_zpsdda2b532.jpg

Have been playing the Amp hybrid for a month or so now, no complaints at all. Its hot and the stock lightweight shaft kicks the ball high in the air without going left, so far at least. I adjust the loft down a little on windy days and up a little if its wet out which is a nice feature to have.

null_zpsefd363a0.jpg

Irons- Nike pro combos from about 6 years ago, switched from S300 to PX 6.5 flighted at the beginning of last year. Love the accuracy, feel like I need to work a little too hard with the long irons. Did some blue paintfill myself on the irons, the swoosh in the chrome is a B****. Play multi compounds in most everything including the irons.

null_zpsbe69c11d.jpg

Here is my experiment to hopefully not have to work so hard. The jury is out still for sure, not sure I like the pxi shafts.

null_zpse4991b67.jpg

Currently playing a 52/56/61 setup with the wedges, absolutely love both the 56 and the 61. Notice the wear spot on the bottom of the 56, do I need to bend it flat or is that more from opening it up in bunkers?

null_zpsdd5bafbe.jpg

null_zps4c7238d5.jpg

null_zps4e947d3e.jpg

null_zps1f88f5aa.jpg

I switch between the recent pickup pictured below and a newport 1.5 that I've had for a few years now. I also have a pretty sweet oilcan newport 2 thats probably rusting in my brothers bag right now. image/angry2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry22:' /> Picks of the 1.5 to come shortly, decent paintfill job for a DIY that I want to show off. So far the SC is still winning the battle but I really like the Kuchar on fast greens. I haven't had any problem with distance control which was my biggest worry but it gets more awkward the longer the stroke.

null_zpsa69ccd89.jpg

null_zps6d5eae9e.jpg

null_zps085bf712.jpg

null_zps75c377d4.jpg

null_zps9db15891.jpg

If I were to make any changes soon it would probably be in the iron department, may have something coming together on that front soon. Not sure about the callaways and I'd still like something more forgiving, think ap2. I'll probably try out a g25 3 wood at some point when prices drop, I've heard they are point and shoot which vibes with the few times I've hit someone elses on the course. Some kind of hybrid long iron may make its way in soon, I'd probably use it during the warm summer months and switch over to the Cobra hybrid in the "offseason." Also for the record this site is basically the sole reason I'm turning into a club ho. image/censored2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':censored2:' />
Post edited by Unknown User on
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Comments

• swizbeatzswizbeatz Advanced Members Posts: 5,579 ✭✭
    Did I mention I'm a club ho? Here are a few pics of recent additions to the gf's bag.

null_zps910c31d8.jpg

null_zpsa9af0dee.jpg

null_zpsdf303274.jpg
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Advanced Members Posts: 8,537
    Nice bag swiz!! Well, it was nice until that last pic....I could do without the one headcover. Guess which one (hint, not the divine nine, fuzzy green, or taylormade putter).
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • dozer996dozer996 Advanced Members Posts: 1,155
    Nice work B...can't wait to see what you do with the Samurai's.
    TaylorMade M1 10.5° ~ AD-BB 6s
    Titleist 915 16.5° F ~ AD-GT 7s
    Titleist 915 21° H ~ AD-DI 85s
    Epon AF-302 4-PW ~ Recoil Proto 110s
    Miura 1957 51°| 55° | 59° ~ Recoil Proto 110s
    Scotty Cameron 2.5
    WITB Link
  • dvdtdvdt Advanced Members Posts: 10,469 ✭✭
    Nice
  • itw419itw419 Clear Eyes, Full Hearts.... Members, Advanced Members Posts: 1,692 ✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Nice setup B. You keep working and that handicap will work its way down. Either that or buy new clubs, that helps to.
    Ping G400 11* TPT 16LKP
    Taylor Made M1 5 wood AD-MT 8s
    Nike Vapor Fly 7 wood MRC Tensei 70x
    Srixon ZU85 4 iron
    Srixon Z785 5-AW Nippon Modus 120X
    Cleveland RTX4 Mid 56*,60* Nippon WV 125
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select
  • CaptainRookCaptainRook Advanced Members Posts: 478 ✭✭
    Finally another person who uses a cart bag. haha
  • nick.woods76nick.woods76 Advanced Members Posts: 660
    nice clubs!

Not feeling the new xforged?? They look great - PXI sure are light though.

The SM4 are fantastic I agree with that - great wedges
    JDuffJr. wrote:

Finally another person who uses a cart bag. haha

The amount of **** I can keep in there is awesome.

nice clubs!

Not feeling the new xforged?? They look great - PXI sure are light though.

The SM4 are fantastic I agree with that - great wedges

Kinda pissed about it too because I hit them well on a launch monitor a couple times. I picked up like 6 yards and had a great high launch angle. Unfortunately I didn't hit them off grass and for some reason that made everything feel different.
  • xios29xios29 Members Posts: 14
    I have the X Forged with C-Taper X flex, awesome feel and very solid. Hated the pxi shaft too light for me.
    xios29 wrote:

I have the X Forged with C-Taper X flex, awesome feel and very solid. Hated the pxi shaft too light for me.

I agree, not sure how I didn't notice when testing. They are up in the BST so obviously they aren't staying, will update with pics of what's next hopefully this week. Very excited for it although there isn't anything wrong with the way the nikes are performing.

Still loving the K grind but I've noticed it doesn't spin a ton. I don't have anything to compare it to in hand, just had a few shots roll out more than expected the last few rounds.
    Big changes, new pics to come after todays round.
  • JosephGolfJosephGolf Advanced Members Posts: 260
    Go green!!!
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Advanced Members Posts: 8,537
    swizbeatz wrote:

Big changes, new pics to come after todays round.

Uh oh...spill the beans, swiz
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
    null_zps3b1913fe.jpg
    302's with recoils and there's a 27* g25 under that headcover, ill review them both when I get more time tomorrow.
    JosephGolf wrote:

Go green!!!

Go white!

The hybrid is money. I've been struggling hitting the ball low and left and 200-205 was killing me, routinely a couple bogeys and a double on long par 3's turing 75 into 80. Hit the 23* and 27* g25's hoping for forgiveness and height, the 27* went between 198-206 carry depending on ballflight so I went with that. ~10 rounds in and no complaints, the stock tour stiff hasn't had a tendency to go left yet. Will probably pick up a matching 3 wood at some point if it continues to work for me, I've hit playing partners with good success and read a lot about how forgiving they are on here.

I'd have to honestly say the irons are only average right now but I have been swinging poorly for about the last 6 weeks. The shafts seem low spin, good for straightness but not good for my constant low pull miss into greens. The heads are what they are, some of the best feeling clubs out there imo. Oh well, I've wanted them for a year or so and won't be giving up on them until I see what they do when I'm swinging better. Sent the heads to UST, build quality was on point if anyone is curious.

Only other thing of note is the putter, the Kuchar is seriously the s***. I've never putted better and I grew up 30 yards from a green, I was pretty good at one point.
  • odshot68odshot68 Advanced Members Posts: 7,792 ✭✭
    Bag looks great. I knew the day you hit Dave's you were hooked. I just picked up the G25 3 wood and 20 degree hybrid. Will have maiden voyage this weekend.
    2019 WITB

Taylor Made M6 9 degree Driver Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX OR Fuji Pro 63X
    Taylor Made M6 Rocket 3 Wood Fuji Pro 63X
    Callaway Apex '19 #3 Hybrid Project X Catalyst 80 6.5
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli HI #4 C-Taper Lite 115X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-PW C-Taper Lite 115X
    Callaway MD4 Chrome 52S, 56S, 60C DG Spinner
    Scotty Cameron Newport #3
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Pingsburgh Advanced Members Posts: 983 ✭✭
    All aboard the g25 train!!! Just about everyone's bag should have one g25 club in it. Lol
    G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
    G25 16.5* 4w VTS Black 7s
    G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
    Rogue Pro 4-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54F, 58D Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    Spider Tour S 34'' SuperStroke Ultra Flatso
    Haha, bunch of MI guys playing the G25, ho'ed a 10.5 with a tour spec that will be here soon. How you liking the iron shafts? Didn't post it here but I'm dumping the recoils for something else, been reading "nippon" search results all morning. image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted2:' />
    odshot68 wrote:

Bag looks great. I knew the day you hit Dave's you were hooked. I just picked up the G25 3 wood and 20 degree hybrid. Will have maiden voyage this weekend.

There's been some hinting at it, the g25's not work out for you?
    swizbeatz wrote:

Haha, bunch of MI guys playing the G25, ho'ed a 10.5 with a tour spec that will be here soon. How you liking the iron shafts? Didn't post it here but I'm dumping the recoils for something else, been reading "nippon" search results all morning. image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted2:' />

I LOVE the Nippon 950gh's. I've played these in my last 3 iron sets (Cleveland CG4 Tour, TM TP MC's, and now G25) and I've really grown to love the feel. They are SUPER light, which I have always preferred in general. They actually feel a lot tighter than you would think a sub 100g steel shaft would feel. I don't overspin ANYTHING so I don't really usually have to worry about ballooning at all but going from MC head to G25, the ball flight was much much MUCH higher, but spin is still VERY controllable so the ball doesn't get affected by wind any more/less than MC. Great combination in my opinion for anybody that is low/medium spin player with the irons or just prefers a lighter shaft in the irons (although if you are med-high/high spin iron player then I would suggest getting them hard-stepped). Ping WRX dept is absolutely phenomenal. I had the irons built with Lead Edge grind, which basically dulls the lead edge just a hair, which works fantastic with the combination of wet conditions in northeast US and my steep swing.

Simply put, give the irons a shot, it should be a very cheap experiment as you can find the 950gh's on ebay for a song if you're patient.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions man! Best of luck to you!
    G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
    G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
  • jlevitt9jlevitt9 Advanced Members Posts: 604
    Man I love my R11 4 wood with HD7 (my best club in the bag), but every time I see an X-Hot Pro 17* image/wub.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />
    Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x
    TaylorMade - R15 3 HL - Matrix Code 8
    Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
    Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
    Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
    Cameron Select NP2

WITB Link
    swizbeatz wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

The G25s where high launch and high spin. I did use an S300 shaft but the heads have a very low CG so it was bad. They were easily a club to two shorter than my TM MC with C-taper stiff. I knew after 9 holes they were bad. The G25 hybrid was also a spin machine that ballooned into the wind. The G25 3 wood was great off the tee as it was point and shoot and never missed a fairway with it for 5 rounds when I used it. I hated it off the deck as I spun it too much. I am keeping the 3 wood as a tee ball but put a adams tight lies tour in for a fairway wood off the deck. I really think you would be great in a C-taper stiff shaft. They only weight 120 grams but keep the spin down and play firmer to flex (6.2 I recall). Pair it with a lower spinning head you like and you will be fine. I would avoid any GI head though.
    2019 WITB

odshot68 wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

The G25s where high launch and high spin. I did use an S300 shaft but the heads have a very low CG so it was bad. They were easily a club to two shorter than my TM MC with C-taper stiff. I knew after 9 holes they were bad. The G25 hybrid was also a spin machine that ballooned into the wind. The G25 3 wood was great off the tee as it was point and shoot and never missed a fairway with it for 5 rounds when I used it. I hated it off the deck as I spun it too much. I am keeping the 3 wood as a tee ball but put a adams tight lies tour in for a fairway wood off the deck. I really think you would be great in a C-taper stiff shaft. They only weight 120 grams but keep the spin down and play firmer to flex (6.2 I recall). Pair it with a lower spinning head you like and you will be fine. I would avoid any GI head though.

Why didn't you try the c taper in the g25? Might've made a big difference.
    G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
    G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
    willboyrd wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

Why didn't you try the c taper in the g25? Might've made a big difference.

I did, the spin was very similar with the C-taper in the G25 head. It didn't make a difference as the head really dictated the spin. I just need a lower spin and lower launch head. I'm sure they are great for a lot of golfers, just not for me.
    2019 WITB

Couple pics, new Cru headcovers thanks to a great WRX'er Tbone84, I think they look great. Under the driver headcover is a 10.5 g25 with a tour spec S tipped an inch playing at my preferred length of 44.5". Also a BST find and another great transaction, thanks boulAAYY. Already have a few rounds in with it, I initially thought it was short of my nike but when I turn it over a little its been getting out there to my normal spots. It's also down to highs in the high 60's so I think the ball is starting to fly a little short. Can't argue with how straight it is though and it hasn't been hooking left on me much at all, misses are all slight fades right which is playable. I think I'm realizing I'm the poster child for the honeymoon period though, every new club I grab works great for a couple weeks.

null_zpsebcc0fb1.jpg

null_zps9b194c7d.jpg
    Keep those G25 clubs coming buddy! More G25 clubs in the bag = Lower scores. That's scientific fact. Lol
    G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
    G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
    Cru's look good B!
    2019 WITB

• MaxPower328MaxPower328 Advanced Members Posts: 1,135
    Wow! So many changes since Kingsley.
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    915H 21* Diamana White 90
    712u 4i, 712CB 5-6, 712MB 7-P; C-Taper
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    Vokey SM4 50, 55K Grind, 60E Grind
    WITB Link
    How's the g25 driver working?!
    G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
    G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Advanced Members Posts: 11,481 ✭✭
    Those Cru's look great. Nice bag Swizzy!
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
  • Nelly32Nelly32 Members, Advanced Members Posts: 834 ✭✭
    the green and white paint looks great on those clubs
  • holeintwo2holeintwo2 Advanced Members Posts: 218
    Wow. I love those multi compounds,and that bettinardi is sweet!
  • 3 Jack Par3 Jack Par I only answer to "Ace" now Members, ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 6,045 ClubWRX
    Didn't realize you'd gone to a G25, B. How do you like it with the Speeder? I tried a Tour Spec 7.2, and couldn't keep it on the planet (I think I tried a 6.2 at the Launch Pad and was killing that, but the 7.2 was a totally different story. Ended up in a Fuel Tour Spec 60x, tipped 1", and that's been working great for me.
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 8*, Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
    Tour issue TaylorMade M2 Tour, 14.9*, Aldila Rogue 125 80TX
    Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Scratch FIT 53*/58*, DS grind, DG S400, (sometimes) Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200
    Byron Morgan B-17, 35", Blue Oil finish or Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #1 38"
    WITB Link
    Thanks guys!

3 jack, I'm planning on doing a big end of season write up soon but the basics are I like it. It's 10-20 yards shorter than a nutted drive with the Nike but its so straight it's ridicous. No trackman time but launch angle probably doubled, which is a good thing for me. Wouldn't be surprised if the head spec's @ 11 or 11.5 degrees but that's fine. I've got a DJ 7S waiting for a tip that I'm excited to try but the tour spec doesn't go left and will be tough to beat. I'm also hoping some of the distance loss is late year weather but as long as its in play I don't really care.
    The G25 driver is stupid forgiving. I agree its not as long as some drivers but the forgiveness and hitting more fairways far outweigh the extra yards you can get with other drivers.
    2019 WITB

• tyrotyro Advanced Members Posts: 2,604
    edited December 2013
    Nice bag Swiz!

I agree with you about the actual loft on the G25. I ordered mine through a dealer who got it through Ping WRX at 9.5* and it launches quite a bit lower than the 9.5* off the rack. I also agree that it really is a fairway finder extraordinaire. This winter I set mine in the "+" position to get a little more carry since the ball basically plugs when it hits the ground. It's also good off the deck because of the low profile sole...aka it doesn't have dials or compasses or weights or, well...you get the idea.
    I've definitely banged it a few times off the deck with good results. I played it in all 3 settings and didnt see much difference. Driver will be huge for me because of the club I joined, most of the publics around here are wide open and you can get away with bad drives. Really excited for next season and my bag in general, hoping to get down to a 0 or + index, even if its just for one two week period.

Couple other notes ill expand on later, the 27* g25 hybrid wasn't taken out for a round after picking it up and I've got super peening oranges going in the 302's.
  • 3 Jack Par3 Jack Par I only answer to "Ace" now Members, ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 6,045 ClubWRX
    I'd say there's a pretty good chance that if you're getting significantly higher launch, with a Speeder in it, you're probably right that the true loft is higher than what it says on the head (that's common for Ping--when I ordered mine I asked for a head digitally lofted at 8.5*, because it's a higher launching head than I had been playing, and much more loft than that for me would spin too much to the point where it would cost me distance), because that's a pretty low launch/low spin shaft, which wouldn't seem to be a perfect fit for you, since you launch pretty low, but I know you need to keep your spin down, so you may have hit on the right combo of a higher loft head with a low launch shaft. The DJ might be an even better combo for you. I'm interested to see your

For the last few years, I had been trying to get my spin down as low as possible, and the heads that were the best at doing that we're really deep faced (Superdeep, Fast 12 LS), and when I hit it on the screws, they were LONG. The problem is, I don't nut it every time, and the really low spin heads (this was before the current generation of really low spin heads like the SLDR, etc., which I haven't tried) were unforgiving on the misses, both in ball speed (like 1.40 smash) and directionally. So I decided to trade those monster drives on my perfect hits for more distance and a better chance of being in play on the bad ones. The G25 is still plenty long when I hit it in the center of the face, and it's much longer on the misses. It's not totally foolproof, as I have demonstrated on several occasions with my truly horrible swings, but the ones that I miss a little bit seem to want to fly straight.
    Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
    Scratch FIT 53*/58*, DS grind, DG S400, (sometimes) Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200
    WITB Link
    I hear ya 3 jack. Next year should be interesting with all the low spin stuff that will be out. Haven't had the g25 on trackman to see spin numbers but they are probably high, I liked a comment though in I think Pures thread about how the low spin misses went to worse places on the course. If I hoe anything next year though it will probably be something low spin, either slider or BBA.

Been meaning to do an update forever but I've been lazy, on vacation though and the bag that came was

G25 10.5 TS 6.2

17* xhot DI7

Amp cell pro turned down to 19*

27* G25 hybrid

5-pw OG nike pro combos

52/56 vokey and 60 scratch

Kuchar model 2.

Only good deal I could find on black friday was some cheap M projects, I've worn them twice down here and they are great. I had a spike pair right when they came out and went with the other kind because I lost a spike every round, loved the feel of the shoe though.

Also got a Betti Sig series 5 delivered down here for my brother, its so F'in awesome. Feels great, looks great, the headcover and grip are both by far the nicest I've ever seen. Quality piece of work without a doubt. I'm gonna put it in play tomorrow.
  • MaxPower328MaxPower328 Advanced Members Posts: 1,135
    Uhhh. I'm noticing a very big hole in your bag where a very expensive set of irons used to sit. What gives dude?
    915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
    915F 15* Diamana White
    915H 21* Diamana White 90
    712u 4i, 712CB 5-6, 712MB 7-P; C-Taper
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    Vokey SM4 50, 55K Grind, 60E Grind
    WITB Link

Uhhh. I'm noticing a very big hole in your bag where a very expensive set of irons used to sit. What gives dude?

I might have played the same set of irons for too long to switch haha. It's amazing how different an iron plays with different shaft/head combos than your used to. For example I've hit 3 buddies random mizunos with PX shafts and hit them all fine, the x forged with pxi and now the recoils just haven't done it for me at all. It's all turf interaction, very weird.

I'm gonna do a longer write up when I get home, have had the shafts going in them for a while now but didn't see the point in rushing to get the work done with all that snow back home. Going back to traditional steel though with some unique flavor still.
    Would you even be able to keep playing your Pro Combos this year if you wanted? Groove rule would require you to switch for tournament play, wouldn't it, or are they conforming?
    WITB Link
    I would assume they aren't, first time I've thought of that though. They are OLD.
    swizbeatz wrote:

I would assume they aren't, first time I've thought of that though. They are OLD.

That's why I had to make the change -- just got my S56s back from Sweet today. He pulled the X100s from my S58s and put them in the 56s (instead of the KBS Tours that were in them). Going to try to get to the range this weekend to test them out.
    WITB Link
    3 Jack Par wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

That's why I had to make the change -- just got my S56s back from Sweet today. He pulled the X100s from my S58s and put them in the 56s (instead of the KBS Tours that were in them). Going to try to get to the range this weekend to test them out.

Still getting in range time in MI? Dang.
    G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
    G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
    willboyrd wrote:

3 Jack Par wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

3 Jack = straight beast mode
    You ain't kiddin' lol
    G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
    G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
    willboyrd wrote:

3 Jack Par wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

LOL, covered, heated range, and it' supposed to be around 40 this weekend. And I wouldn't be going if I wasn't jonesing to try out my new (to me) irons!
    WITB Link