Bandon Dunes to Chambers Bay

Can someone tell me the drivetime from Bandon to Chambers Bay, also the drive time from Portland to Chambers,also has anyone played Chambers lately I am coming out that way end of August on short golf trip and one guy has got to play Chambers. I have heard different stories about Chambers Bay, I guess I will be able to have my own opinion in a few weeks.
DM

Comments

• asommers14asommers14 Members Posts: 237
    Google Map it. That usually gives you a good idea of how long it will take.
  • SeattleLeftySeattleLefty Members Posts: 38
    edited Jul 1, 2013 #3
    6-8 hours from Bandon to Chambers depending on traffic through Portland and JBLM/Tacoma.

I've played Chambers a couple dozen times and it is absolutely my favorite course around. People hate on the greens, but they are fescue and they will never be as thick as any other course in the area. Even though they have some sand in the greens, they roll true and can be plenty fast if they want.
    Big Bertha Alpha w/ Oban Devotion 6
    Big Bertha 15* w/ Fubuki Z
    X2Hot Pro 18* w/ Matrix Altus
    Apex (4,5) Apex Pro (6-PW) w/ KBS Tour
    Versa Tank #7
    MD2 Slate (50/54/58) w/KBS Tour (SSx2)
  • TheMackDaddyTheMackDaddy SEATTLEJr. Boomers Posts: 4,723 ✭✭

6-8 hours from Bandon to Chambers depending on traffic through Portland and JBLM/Tacoma.

I've played Chambers a couple dozen times and it is absolutely my favorite course around. People hate on the greens, but they are fescue and they will never be as thick as any other course in the area. Even though they have some sand in the greens, they roll true and can be plenty fast if they want.

100% Troof