Delete me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With ONE hour and an open mind, I bet I could have you hitting the ball DEAD straight as far as you ever have, with the most consistent contact you've ever experienced. This technique is that simple.

The problem? You need a completely open mind as It goes against what golf has taught for 50+ years. It felt WRONG to me, until I saw what the ball was doing. I literally canceled 20yrs of swinging from my mind, and changed a few simple things.

SLDR 460 8.5° / TEE XCG6 16.5°
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / Rifle 7.0
Cally Jaws CC SW 55° / LW 60°
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

Address left: Impact Right: :) ;)

addressimpact.jpg

I have been swinging this way for less than 5 days. Note that 6"-8" AFTER impact my club face is STILL square to the target.

My right armpit stays put, Impact and Address. The area between the two angled red lines has the same amount of my back in it at Address AND Impact. I bet you could count the Vertebrae in my spine and the same number would be in that area.

Weird how my left foot moves during impact, I bet if I had an EXTRA SPIKE on that shoe in a specific spot it would stop it from happening...

WITB Link

This thread can so far be summarized as "I think I found a secret but I'm not telling". Nothing of value that reads like an infomercial.

Why is it that anyone who thinks they've found the secret then goes on a teasing campaign? This always ends the same way, the supposed secret ends up being something that's been already discussed here to death and everyone goes home yawning.

[quote name='Froth' timestamp='1374964114' post='7551566']
I know I have found it. Period. Many times the SIMPLE things are overlooked. Man, this is SIMPLE.

Belief will set you free. I'd like to talk to a non-closed-minded thinker who knows a serious amount about Hogan. This is not a drill or a test.

I find no record of it having been discussed here. Nobody can see it. NOBODY. I actually SHOW YOU IT in the beginning of that video above your post. Watch all you want.

The wrist cupping is a NATURAL BYPRODUCT of what I am doing when I grip the club. No muscles are used to remember it, they already know.

Nobody has found it because everyone thinks like Mr. Dairic up there. You'll never see it, It's a feeling that Moe Norman describes as "The Feeling of Greatness". I [b]know[/b] I can repeat my swing OVER AND OVER AND OVER now.
[/quote]

When you say that you "found it.Period" there is no way for you to verify this because no one can speak with the man himself anymore.

When you say you want to talk to non-closed minded thinkers, you're setting up your exit strategy so that if no one agrees with you then you can attack them for being a bunch of bigots.

If you have something to share then share it, otherwise this thread is a waste of ones and zeros.

What you cannot see,

is that I am TRYING TO CRUSH THE SHAFT in my left hand. Seriously, I am DEATH GRIPPING the club.
When I put my right hand on, I put the left thumb in the crease of the base of the right palm, using an overlap grip and then I am actually trying to CRUSH MY THUMB with hand pressure, You must be 100% certain your hands are NEVER going to move a singe bit on the grip, You go back your left wrist must be flat and you HINGE your wrists as far as they'll go without EVER taking the base of your right palm off your thumb, You have to commit to LOCKING your hands down COMPLETELY. All the way through my swing I am STILL using a SUPER INSANE TIGHT GRIP. If your hands are tense, your forearms are locked and your shoulders are set. I am ONLY twisting my spine and hips back to make power, and then coming down through I straighten my right arm, using my LEFT shoulder/Arm that is locked straight as a LEVER against it. This ENSURES the club face is EXACTLY like you left it at ADDRESS.

If you don't believe me I legitimately do NOT care. It works, I have hit ARROW STRAIGHT Drives putting EVERYTHING I have into it. Guess what? The swing still looks fluid, though I am DEATH GRIPPING the club.

My back has NEVER felt better after a day of 36 holes of golf, there is NO STRAIN. It LOOSENED my back muscles over the course of the game. It FORCES you onto a single plane.

Quiet hands does not mean SOFT hands, Quiet hands means TIGHT hands, ROCK SOLID HANDS.

You move the ball closer in to you and tilt your spine angle for a shorter club, tilt it up and move the ball out for a longer club. You use the SAME swing for every club. Ball position, specifically how far away from you it is for a specific club matters TONS.

There. That's my take.

WITB Link

It works unbelievably well for me, I have incredibly strong hands. I had back problems, but not ANY MORE! One plane swing, your spine controls the plane. No hurt muscles.

I have done what Hogan did, I put a 300 foot wall on the left side of the course. It is [b]impossible[/b] for me to hook the ball. If it goes left, I made it go there or made a mistake in the swing. You will feel it be wrong and know you did something wrong immediately with death-grip-hands, easy to correct. You point the back of your left hand where you want the ball to go and it goes there.

You only touch the club at the Grip, it's the single most important part possible. It needs to be rock solid, ROCK SOLID.

WITB Link

The length of your backswing does not matter either, go back as far as you can and then go through, as long as your hands NEVER separate from one another or the grip and your left wrist is flat at the top the club face will be exactly how it was at address. it will FORCE you to roll your right wrist like Hogan. SIMPLE. Eventually you will loosen your back muscles and gain flexibility. I injured my back at age 15(fractured L5) and I used to be in pain after 18 holes, Now, I have MORE range of motion after 18 holes. My body is not fighting itself through the swing, my spine twists, my right arm straightens, BOOM.

WITB Link

I'll have to get a better camera, I could really go into a lot of detail on how everything works. It's basically impossible to hook the ball unless you fall way way back on your heels in downswing, Has changed my game drastically.

I have nasty calluses forming on my hands in new and different places, and I already had lots of calluses...

WITB Link

I'm just excited to read someone who knows the difference between "lose" and "loose." That's a real secret these days . . .

Added: Snead's comment about holding the club like a bird gets a little confusing because he failed to mention that it's like the grip pressure of the talons of a hawk.

And speaking of hawks and grips, we'd all hit the ball straighter if we could lay a wire hanger under the underside of our grips like Mr. Hogan did in the old days. The rules of golf were changed to stop that. I'm not saying it was his secret or it contributed to his grace and power, but try it with an old 7-iron and see how it feels. It'll be eye-opening and make you fearless about hooking it if you lay it the right way under the grip.

I could tell you more, but I'd have to have Froth kill you. :derisive:

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

[quote name='Soloman1' timestamp='1375800445' post='7615694']
I'm just excited to read someone who knows the difference between "lose" and "loose." That's a real secret these days . . .

Added: Snead's comment about holding the club like a bird gets a little confusing because he failed to mention that it's like the grip pressure of the talons of a hawk.

And speaking of hawks and grips, we'd all hit the ball straighter if we could lay a wire hanger under the underside of our grips like Mr. Hogan did in the old days. The rules of golf were changed to stop that. I'm not saying it was his secret or it contributed to his grace and power, but try it with an old 7-iron and see how it feels. It'll be eye-opening and make you fearless about hooking it if you lay it the [b]right way under the grip[/b].

[/quote]

I want to try this! How do you lay it the right way?

Edit: Is it really illegal? I've been to see Geoff Jones and I remember him saying a lot of his students have grip reminders.

[quote name='Stryker' timestamp='1375801917' post='7615880']
[quote name='Soloman1' timestamp='1375800445' post='7615694']

And speaking of hawks and grips, we'd all hit the ball straighter if we could lay a wire hanger under the underside of our grips like Mr. Hogan did in the old days. The rules of golf were changed to stop that. I'm not saying it was his secret or it contributed to his grace and power, but try it with an old 7-iron and see how it feels. It'll be eye-opening and make you fearless about hooking it if you lay it the [b]right way under the grip[/b].

[/quote]

I want to try this! How do you lay it the right way?

Edit: Is it really illegal? I've been to see Geoff Jones and I remember him saying a lot of his students have grip reminders.
[/quote]
I have some old Persimmon's with HUGE reminders in the grips(I think its a piece of wire coathanger?) and I can see how they would help immensely. However, they are illegal in the game today - Reminder ribs have a specified largeness they can now be. Most grips are made either round, or "Ribbed" because of this. Ribbed grips have a legal smaller reminder built into the actual grip. Some Titleist vokey wedges have .580 Titleist reminder grips installed on them from the factory, I have a few of those shafts sitting to my right.

I'll try to get a Youtube video up, I'm assembling my irons with some new shafts so it could be a Bit.

WITB Link