Where to buy Iron Heads Only - Titleist AP1 or Ping G25

Dossy ·  
DossyDossy Lake balls will do at the moment!!Members  39WRX Points: 0Posts: 39
As above looking to buy new iron heads, really want to get Titleist AP1 but like the Ping G25 aswell.<br />
I recently got new Dynamic Gold S300 Lite Shafts and new grips so dont really need full new clubs.<br />
I dunno can you buy iron heads only or does it work out cheaper etc??<br />
<br />
Any info be great,<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
<br />
Dave
Posted:
Tom Wishon 919 Driver 9*
Titleist 913F 3W
Titleist 910H 19*
Titleist 712 3-PW
Titleist Vokey wedges 52* 56*
33" Gel Mallet Putter

Comments

• Fourmyle of CeresFourmyle of Ceres Unregistered  7829WRX Points: 7Posts: 7,829 Titanium Tees
    Neither company sells clubheads alone, only finished clubs.<br />
    <br />
    There are several "club building" outfits who will gladly charge you list price for a set of Ping or Titleist irons, then charge you for disassembling them, then charge you list price for some shafts and...you guessed it...charge you to put those shafts back in there. They tend to charge about 1,500 bucks for an "customized" 900 dollar set of irons.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DossyDossy Lake balls will do at the moment!! Members  39WRX Points: 0Posts: 39
    <br />
    Neither company sells clubheads alone, only finished clubs.<br />
    <br />
    There are several "club building" outfits who will gladly charge you list price for a set of Ping or Titleist irons, then charge you for disassembling them, then charge you list price for some shafts and...you guessed it...charge you to put those shafts back in there. They tend to charge about 1,500 bucks for an "customized" 900 dollar set of irons.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Okay that seems to have sorted that, :-(
    Posted:
    Tom Wishon 919 Driver 9*
    Titleist 913F 3W
    Titleist 910H 19*
    Titleist 712 3-PW
    33" Gel Mallet Putter
  • Fourmyle of CeresFourmyle of Ceres Unregistered  7829WRX Points: 7Posts: 7,829 Titanium Tees
    The **** of it is, a couple of those outfits have seen complaints posted to GolfWRX a few years back about the "custom" reassembly not being done to the correct specs. All that and they can't even get the one actual value-added part done right!<br />
    <br />
    I think most people in your situation try to find a good price on used irons, pull the shafts themselves and then try to recoup a little bit of money by reselling the original shaft "pulls". Not sure but I'm guessing it gets pretty expensive unless you find an awesome deal on the used clubs to start with.
    Posted:
  • DossyDossy Lake balls will do at the moment!! Members  39WRX Points: 0Posts: 39
    <br />
    The **** of it is, a couple of those outfits have seen complaints posted to GolfWRX a few years back about the "custom" reassembly not being done to the correct specs. All that and they can't even get the one actual value-added part done right!<br />
    <br />
    I think most people in your situation try to find a good price on used irons, pull the shafts themselves and then try to recoup a little bit of money by reselling the original shaft "pulls". Not sure but I'm guessing it gets pretty expensive unless you find an awesome deal on the used clubs to start with.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Ya exactly that dude, id say ill just wait a few months and might treat myself to new clubs next year around march
    Posted:
    Tom Wishon 919 Driver 9*
    Titleist 913F 3W
    Titleist 910H 19*
    Titleist 712 3-PW
    33" Gel Mallet Putter
  • cph2133cph2133 Members  984WRX Points: 45Posts: 984 Golden Tee
    If you're set on buying new, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a set from Titleist or Ping and custom order with DG S300 Lite shafts. <br />
    <br />
    If you're looking for just heads, I don't think new is an option. Scrounge around the BST as heads pop up there a lot. eBay may be an option too. <br />
    <br />
    If you're looking for a specific lie angle (color code) from Ping and find a good used set in a different angle, I believe ping will bend the set to whatever color, and repaint the dot, for like $18 for the set.
    Posted:
    cph2133 wrote:
    <br />
    If you're set on buying new, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a set from Titleist or Ping and custom order with DG S300 Lite shafts.<br />
    <br />
    If you're looking for just heads, I don't think new is an option. Scrounge around the BST as heads pop up there a lot. eBay may be an option too.<br />
    <br />
    If you're looking for a specific lie angle (color code) from Ping and find a good used set in a different angle, I believe ping will bend the set to whatever color, and repaint the dot, for like $18 for the set.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks for the info, ill look into it
    Posted:
    Tom Wishon 919 Driver 9*
    Titleist 913F 3W
    Titleist 910H 19*
    Titleist 712 3-PW
    33" Gel Mallet Putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19550WRX Points: 1,625Posts: 19,550 Titanium Tees
    True Temper doesn't make DG Lite's anymore.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • ThirdCutThirdCut Members  459WRX Points: 30Posts: 459 Greens
    Post a wtb ad on here. Usually doesnt take long before someone offers what you want.
    Posted:
  • tocinotocino Members  2388WRX Points: 150Posts: 2,388 Platinum Tees
    ThirdCut wrote:
    <br />
    Post a wtb ad on here. Usually doesnt take long before someone offers what you want.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I've had a lot of success using the WTB section here. After I got my AP1/AP2 heads, it took all of ~1 hour of posting a WTB request before I was offered and bought a set of S300 shafts.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.