Slazenger Raw

Comments

• newstuffnewstuff Members Posts: 93
    the new one is slightly better because of the hot chick
  • klpraklpra Posts: 641
    YES!! I'm also gettting sick of seeing Tiger week or 2 weeks of Tiger on the Golf Channel every month or so. I know he's the greatest golfer of all time (or will be very soon) and nothing against Tiger but come on now....get some fresh programming!! Rant over!
  • titleistertitleister Members Posts: 52
    That babe is SMOKIN'!!! Er...a...what is it she's sellin' again????
  • HifadeHifade Somewhere up here or down there Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,333 ✭✭
    Am I missing something??? It doesn't even make sense....what does, "you hungry again?" have to do with golf balls and a butcher chopping meat......stupid!
    PING G400 MAX 9* - TOUR 65 "X" & PX HZRDUS T1100 6.0
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15* - HZRDUS 6.5 Smoke
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 Smoke APEX 4-PW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY MD4 48* S Grind - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5 (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY RAW MD4 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 3x Chocolate TOUR NEWPORT BEACH (1 of 3)
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's
  • parpar41parpar41 Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭
    The new raw "babe" commercial is a big improvement over the old raw "butcher" spot.

[Still won't buy the balls, though]
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned Posts: 3,732
    I actually like it, even though it doesn't really make sense. Haven't seen the new one yet, don;t get TGC anymoe, tell me when it's on Youtbe.
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members Posts: 3,162 ✭✭
    Who buys that **** ?

I do n't hink they make enough to pay for that advertisement.

PS : I have never found a slazenger raw in the woods(while looking for my ball ). I have even found Titelist balata balls .LOL........
  • hoosiervolunteerhoosiervolunteer Members Posts: 883
    And I thought this thread was re-visited because someone caught an STD at The Villages! It really is America's friendliest hometown!
  • BaconatorBaconator Members Posts: 615
    Ezgolfer wrote on Feb 5 2008, 10:36 PM:
    Who buys that **** ?

I do n't hink they make enough to pay for that advertisement.

PS : I have never found a slazenger raw in the woods(while looking for my ball ). I have even found Titelist balata balls .LOL........

I found a Slazenger . . . . once. It was as bad as the ads.
  • BallSpinnerBallSpinner Does this hirsute make me look fat? Members Posts: 557
    I found a Slazenger this morning. Haven't hit it yet though.

Oddly enough, there was no blood on it and there were no hot 20-year old chicks driving ice-cream trucks around. Weird.
  • El CrabEl Crab Posts: 419
    That commercial is just terrible. Who gives a **** how far you hit it? The two jokers are exactly the types I would NEVER want to play with. Except the first time I broke 80, I played with two guys exactly like that. It was great for my own focus.

But for some reason, the commercial that really irritates me is the Mutual of Omaha one. Where it shows some old dude trying to extract his ball from a really bad situation, and that's the Bad Day. And then the Good Day is some young kid hitting a tee shot. What bothers me about the commercial is how awful the Good Day person's swing is. I suppose its not THAT bad compared to the average golfer, but it looks just horrible to me.
  • DallasPanicDallasPanic Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    Sad to see where Slazenger was as a brand and where they are now.

That type of marketing is a slap in the face to the work so many did 20+ yrs ago.

Does anyone know do they still make tennis products or did they sell the whole line?

image/black eye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' />
    TM M2 16' 10* Speeder Pro Tour Spec 66x
    Adams Insight Tour BTY 14.5* - Grafalloy Bi Matrix Proto Fwy x
    Fujimoto Gikoh 3-9 KBS Tour Custom S
    Bridgestone J15 Black 50* DG S400
    TM R Series EF tour milled 54* & 58* KBS Tour Custom
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
  • dispatch096dispatch096 Brandon Posts: 793
    if you drive a 350 yd hole and stop it on a dime, shouldn't it make a mark? Also, why doest the butcher just give him all of the balls instead of 2 dozen at a time?
  • thenewbiethenewbie Chimpanzee that monkey news! Members Posts: 1,549
    El Crab wrote on Feb 6 2008, 03:03 AM:
    That commercial is just terrible. Who gives a **** how far you hit it? The two jokers are exactly the types I would NEVER want to play with. Except the first time I broke 80, I played with two guys exactly like that. It was great for my own focus.

But for some reason, the commercial that really irritates me is the Mutual of Omaha one. Where it shows some old dude trying to extract his ball from a really bad situation, and that's the Bad Day. And then the Good Day is some young kid hitting a tee shot. What bothers me about the commercial is how awful the Good Day person's swing is. I suppose its not THAT bad compared to the average golfer, but it looks just horrible to me.

let me tell you. . .YOUR NOT ALONE! I HHHAAATTTEEE the good day guy's swing. its like someone taught a non-golfer what a golf swing "should" look like.

image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' />
  • KonradKonrad Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,158
    Actually if you look carefully in that advertisement, he's wearing a nametag. I'll bet even money they pulled him out of the proshop to hit the drive on camera; they didn't need no stinkin' actor!
  • The Boom BappThe Boom Bapp Quick Tips are like Poisenous darts! Members Posts: 1,392
    These commercials are just so **** bad that 90% of them aired rank right up there with the "Hammer" ads.

I would be lying if the Mutual of Omaha commercial looked good to me. They grabbed some kid from the electronics department at the neighboring Wal-Mart on his lunch break and asked him to hit a few rocks after a 5 minute lesson. Bad ads make the game look real cheesy!
    Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
    Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
    Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
    Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
    Titleist Prov1x
  • El CrabEl Crab Posts: 419
    edited Feb 7, 2008 #48
    Konrad wrote on Feb 6 2008, 04:20 PM:
    Actually if you look carefully in that advertisement, he's wearing a nametag. I'll bet even money they pulled him out of the proshop to hit the drive on camera; they didn't need no stinkin' actor!

I don't think he's a pro shop guy. That nametag is rather large and white. I've worked at two golf courses, and we didn't have big, bright nametags. They are small and discreet.

And the other guy above you is right. It looks like they just showed some young kid what a golf swing should look like. His hands do not chase down the line at all. Its like they go from impact to finish in 0.004 seconds. And his takeaway isn't any better.

If that kid's a pro, I'm the Easter Bunny.

I think a lot of these golf commercials are stupid. There's another one for UBS that has some older guy picking branches from behind his ball and looking up at the branches for the wind, and the voiceover espouses about "meticulous preparation" and how that makes good golfers great. Except the supposed meticulous preperation got this guy into the trees, where he has to hit a hybrid out of pinestraw through two trees and over water onto a green. He's in jail! And he's lucky to have a shot at all...
  • Bob DoleBob Dole Members Posts: 114
    Wasn't it Goldfinger that was playing a Slazenger 7 and got busted by Bond for cheating.

Poor ole Slazenger, how the name has fallen.
  • cake1979cake1979 Posts: 200
    Got a sleeve at an outing I played. Proceeded to hit all three directly into the nearest lake. You'd think with all of the blood inside they would float. Nope......
    Ping G30
    Adams Insight 3W
    TM RBZ 19 degree
    Irons being auditioned.....
    Ping iWedge 54 & 58
    Scotty Squareback 2

The perfect club is out there, I just have to ho enough to find it!!
  • memphishornmemphishorn memphishorn ClubWRX Posts: 800 ClubWRX
    I started this thread last May and I have seen th new Raw commercial once......which is good because it was worse than the "butcher" commercial. The only good thing is I haven't seen it dozens of times which was the point of the original post.

Seems I saw the original commercial in the last few weeks during one of the tournaments on the Golf Channel.

IT STILL SUCKS!
    Titleist 915 D2 10.5* Diamana Blue 60 Regular
     Titleist 915F 15*Diamana Blue 70 Regular
     Titleist 904F 19* YS6 Stiff
    Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* and (816) 25* Bassara Regular
    Titleist AP1 718 6-GW1 Tensei Graphite Stiff
    Vokey 52.08 SM6, 56.14 SM6
    Scotty Cameron Newport Classic 
    Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1967 WM2T 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Persimmon w/ Aluminum Insert
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1971 Split Sole irons 3-10
    MacGregor VIP 1967 Sand Iron
    Ping Anser 1969 85020
    Burton White Leather Bag
  • TracySTracyS Posts: 778
    manship1856 wrote on May 8 2007, 05:24 PM:
    "It's OK Scratch, this guy's a player..."

Then why's he playing a Slazenger rock?

HipCheck wrote on May 9 2007, 03:31 AM:
    The guy can't be that good if he keeps losing balls like that.

"You back AGAIN?"

El Crab wrote on Feb 6 2008, 07:49 PM:
    I think a lot of these golf commercials are stupid. There's another one for UBS that has some older guy picking branches from behind his ball and looking up at the branches for the wind, and the voiceover espouses about "meticulous preparation" and how that makes good golfers great. Except the supposed meticulous preperation got this guy into the trees, where he has to hit a hybrid out of pinestraw through two trees and over water onto a green. He's in jail! And he's lucky to have a shot at all...

Nice observations. Gave me a nice laugh.
    Ping Anser 10.5, Speeder 661 Stiff
    Callaway X2Hot 3/5 Woods, GD Tour AD Stiff
    Callaway XHot 23*
    Cobra Amp Forged 5-P, KBS Tour+ Stiff
    Vokey SM4 50*, SM5 56* S Grind
    TP Mills Custom Soft Tail
  • ram22592ram22592 ram22592 Members Posts: 142
    I actually hate the new one with the bloody milkshakes.

But I think it's hilarious when the body builder asks "Whats that, 220?", and then proceeds to pull driver... Now that's POWER!

MAN, I WISH I COULD HIT IT 220!!!!!!! Maybe the bleeding golf ball will help me get there someday...

Haha what a joke. I actually laughed when I saw them in a shop for like $20 for 2 dozen. I would literally rather play a range ball.
  • thenewbiethenewbie Chimpanzee that monkey news! Members Posts: 1,549
    ram22592 wrote on Mar 6 2008, 11:01 PM:
    I actually hate the new one with the bloody milkshakes.

But I think it's hilarious when the body builder asks "Whats that, 220?", and then proceeds to pull driver... Now that's POWER!

MAN, I WISH I COULD HIT IT 220!!!!!!! Maybe the bleeding golf ball will help me get there someday...

Haha what a joke. I actually laughed when I saw them in a shop for like $20 for 2 dozen. I would literally rather play a range ball.

uhhhhmmmm. . . .not to rain on your parade, but when he says 220, he's talking about the other guys drive. the sign for the hole says something around 350.
  • kgkkgk Slapshot Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭
    ram22592 wrote on Mar 6 2008, 10:01 PM:

I think the premise is that they are playing the Granola Bar Guys in a match, and he was making fun of Granola Guy #1's drive.

The commercial is terrible; really, really awful.
  • SamsquanchSamsquanch Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,568 ✭✭
    I wonder what sort of audience this commercial is supposed to appeal to. image/bigwhack.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> image/mellow.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yess:' />
  • BallSpinnerBallSpinner Does this hirsute make me look fat? Members Posts: 557
    Samsquanch wrote on Mar 6 2008, 08:49 PM:
    I wonder what sort of audience this commercial is supposed to appeal to. image/bigwhack.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> image/mellow.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yess:' />

The ****'s shopping, discount ball buying, hot chick ogling audience? NTTIAWWT.

P.S. I'm watching my DVR of the PODS, and - literally - 2 seconds after I started typing this post, this commercial came on. Weirdness. I think Slazenger is stalking me. (I always suspected they were. Sneaky ****.)
  • ram22592ram22592 ram22592 Members Posts: 142
    kgk wrote on Mar 6 2008, 11:10 PM:
    ram22592 wrote on Mar 6 2008, 10:01 PM:

I think the premise is that they are playing the Granola Bar Guys in a match, and he was making fun of Granola Guy #1's drive.

The commercial is terrible; really, really awful.

****, I knew it was too good to be true.
  • The Boom BappThe Boom Bapp Quick Tips are like Poisenous darts! Members Posts: 1,392
    The commercials cannot get any worse from this point but seeing how they are not getting better, I have no doubt that marketing crew from Slazenger is going to dream up something nice and corny. WWF meets the PGA.

Pound my RAW balls......AGAIN!

Here Kitty Kitty.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
    Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
    Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
    Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
    Titleist Prov1x
  • tateoakstateoaks Members Posts: 96
    Those commercials are so STUPID
  • mrjrsmrjrs Posts: 296
    I went into Golf Galaxy yesterday and they had a TON of Slazenger stuff in there. I realize it's because they were purchased by ****'s, but I thought that maybe ****'s would just kind of keep they're crappy stuff at ****'s and let GG go on being real golf equipment. Guess not.

Oh, and I HATE that commercial. Girl= hot, but the rest of it is worthless.