How do you find an instructor that teaches a Hogan Type Swing?

rocker40 ·  
rocker40rocker40 Houston, TexasMembers  4139WRX Points: 56Posts: 4,139 Titanium Tees
Just wondering if anyone has had success finding someone that teaches a Hogan Type Swing?<br />
What questions do you ask the instructor? <br />
<br />
The closest ive ever come to seeing a swing close to Hogan was when i played with a father/son and the fathers<br />
swing was just like hogan. Drives where bombed down the fairway all day long.
Posted:

Comments

• AM19AM19 Members  234WRX Points: 40Posts: 234 Bunkers
    A lot of study, a video camera and work at slow speed and without a ball. Imo you are your own best teacher. You've already set your content (Hogan) so study it and apply it. Benefit of teaching yourself is that you know what your tendencies and issues are so you can fix them quickly and independently. I know that doesn't directly answer your question but that was the path I took because like you I couldnt find someone who taught this way. The only guys I know of who teach Hogan inspired swings are slicefixer and Dan Whittaker
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • miguelgolfmiguelgolf Members  262WRX Points: 0Posts: 262
    rocker40 wrote:
    <br />
    Just wondering if anyone has had success finding someone that teaches a Hogan Type Swing?<br />
    What questions do you ask the instructor? <br />
    <br />
    The closest ive ever come to seeing a swing close to Hogan was when i played with a father/son and the fathers<br />
    swing was just like hogan. Drives where bombed down the fairway all day long.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Who is the father and where was that?
    Posted:
  • LefthookLefthook Golf nerd Members  3320WRX Points: 168Handicap: 6Posts: 3,320 Titanium Tees
    Geoff Jones, aka slicefixer teaches a Hogan like swing.
    Posted:
  • fatsfats Members  1865WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,865
    Lefthook wrote:
    <br />
    Geoff Jones, aka slicefixer teaches a Hogan like swing.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Good friend of mine and an excellent teacher
    Posted:
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned  20715WRX Points: 1Handicap: BeefPosts: 20,715 Titanium Tees
    Great stuff Fats!<br />
    <br />
    Do you still hang out with him on occasion?
    Posted:
  • fatsfats Members  1865WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,865
    <br />
    Great stuff Fats!<br />
    <br />
    Do you still hang out with him on occasion?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I play text tag with him. Neither of us are phone available most of the time.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Paul EPaul E Members  262WRX Points: 0Posts: 262
    fats wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Great stuff Fats!<br />
    <br />
    Do you still hang out with him on occasion?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I play text tag with him. Neither of us are phone available most of the time.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Fats, you teach a hybridized, modern approach to Hogan based on today's gear, don't you? I've seen some of your students' swings...very nice.
    Posted:
  • playaplaya Members  8756WRX Points: 282Posts: 8,756 Titanium Tees
    AM19 wrote:
    <br />
    A lot of study, a video camera and work at slow speed and without a ball. Imo you are your own best teacher. You've already set your content (Hogan) so study it and apply it. Benefit of teaching yourself is that you know what your tendencies and issues are so you can fix them quickly and independently. I know that doesn't directly answer your question but that was the path I took because like you I couldnt find someone who taught this way. The only guys I know of who teach Hogan inspired swings are slicefixer and Dan Whittaker<br />
    <br />
    Very good advice. In addition, there is lots of great video instruction on the net. Brad Hughes is a good source of old school swing information.
    Posted:
  • Grayback1973Grayback1973 Members  1949WRX Points: 89Posts: 1,949 Platinum Tees
    Casey Eberting offers Hogan instruction.He calls it the "non-manipulative" golf swing.I worked with him on and off for 12 years.I must warn you though,it is extremely difficult teaching and his website is very stern about the learning process and that if you are looking for a quick fix,it isn't going to happen.The concepts he teaches are quite simple actually.Not complicated at all.But VERY difficult to execute(for me).<br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]D-Nike Vapor Fly[/font]
    3w-Nike Vapor Speed
    Adams Idea 17deg
    4-pw Mizuno mp59
    Cleveland cg16 sw-56
    Ping B60

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.